AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 16 39.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 17.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 26.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-09, 00:18   Link #61
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

I'm not sure if it's just me but,

Spoiler for Fudo:

Last edited by LastOrder; 2012-04-09 at 00:30.
Old 2012-04-09, 00:33   Link #62
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
Aside from Mykage

I don't trust Fudo. Especially this episode. He just casually went back with Crea, like all was going according to plan.
I wouldn't say I don't trust Fudo, but how he can foresee somethings and not others (albeit only one event as of now) confuses me.

Spoiler for Why didn't Fudo predict what happened in episode 13?:
Old 2012-04-09, 01:25   Link #63
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Man I'm kinda glad I don't ship any of the main characters, cus it sounds like the whole love pentagon(or some sort of polygon?) is a right mess as of now. >_>
You make it sound like us shippers (or at least some of us) don't actually revel in these complicated love polygons...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2012-04-09, 02:11   Link #64
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
You make it sound like us shippers (or at least some of us) don't actually revel in these complicated love polygons...
Well sometimes they can be fun, but most times they're just stressful... Plus you cant really say anything in support of your favorite pairing without starting a chain reaction of some sort so you have to watch your words...

Complicating relationships are complicating for everybody.
Old 2012-04-09, 03:41   Link #65
pingva

Mykage's line for Wings of the Sun being reborn is true: first two episodes - Kagura sees in Amata Wings of the Sun and now in this episode registered attack has Wings of the Sun. Amata definettly is Wings of the Sun. Wings are reborn, how about Tree of Life is reborn as a human too and maybe it is the True Eve of Altair.
Old 2012-04-09, 04:07   Link #66
Zuul

My heart bled for Amata and Zessica this episode.

But the butthurt Zessicafag inside me is kinda rejoicing knowing the 2 lovebirds that make her suffer are now going to feel miserable like her.
Old 2012-04-09, 05:18   Link #67
kuromitsu

>Vena
Re: Kagura, it's not how he speaks (we already know about the reverse, although IMO it's not because he's tsundere or embarrassed - his entire power is "reverse" so it must be connected to that), it's what he says and the entire situation.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
]I never trust the official English names for the moves, because on average anime English isn't that good. So FWIW, "Detachment Wing" is an interesting gloss they've chosen. The first part is "無執", which as far as I know is a pretty good match for (philosophy-style) "detachment". But 不惑 is more like "righteous" or "the right path" (cf: 知者不惑, which is where I know it from...*that's* a phrase you can easily get sick of hearing).
I interpreted it as more like "no attachments, no wavering" (as kanji-per-kanji) which I think is mostly in line with what Fudou said (one without attachments won't be misled by anything, or something along those lines... I never know how to translate that into English.) Btw it means something similar in the proverb you quote: "a wise man doesn't let himself be led astray (from the right path)."

Quote:
Zessica saying he's not the hero stood out to me more as a weird line from her, she's seemingly turned into the "negative" woman she used to criticize Mikono for being.
Hm? I thought she was being sarcastic in a sad way - not "you're not the hero" but more like "there he goes being all heroic"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I wouldn't say I don't trust Fudo, but how he can foresee somethings and not others (albeit only one event as of now) confuses me.

Spoiler for Why didn't Fudo predict what happened in episode 13?:
Fudou knew something was up, that's why he said they needed Jin's power (and they really did end up needing it). But it seems like Fudou doesn't have actual prescience (the show would be pretty boring if he did), he just knows what to expect and recognizes certain patterns. It's like, he senses when something is up, knows what he should do about it, he does what he can (keeps Jin around, makes the elements undergo special training, etc), but he can't or won't influence how things actually play out so he's mostly just an observer and occasional advisor. Either because there's the limit of his powers (or that he lacks certain powers), or because that's what he'd decided. Note that Mykage doesn't directly interfere either after a certain point: sure he'll boost Kagura's energy via dimension gate, and whisk him away from certain doom, but other than that he just observes how Kagura is doing. (He pretty much killed Jin out of spite, something Fudou didn't expect.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-04-09 at 05:34.
Old 2012-04-09, 06:31   Link #68
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

SPOILERS

Mykage holding the purple rose signify anything? Apparently purple roses/lilac colored roses signify 'Love at first sight' and butterflies 'Rebirth'...So could we suffice with 'the beginning of a new love'.
Old 2012-04-09, 06:44   Link #69
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
SPOILERS

Mykage holding the purple rose signify anything? Apparently purple roses/lilac colored roses signify 'Love at first sight' and butterflies 'Rebirth'...So could we suffice with 'the beginning of a new love'.
You are right about purple rose meaning "love at first sight". It just that there is nothing new, Mikono and Amata obviously is a pair, Mikono in this episode hasn't fall in love with Kagura, she just now understands and pity him. The most funny thing that "love at first sight" fits Shushu, oh wait that's how how Kagura describes Apollon's and Sylvie's first meeting in the episode when he gets to dance his happy dance with Mikono in his hands.
Old 2012-04-09, 06:56   Link #70
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
You are right about purple rose meaning "love at first sight". It just that there is nothing new, Mikono and Amata obviously is a pair, Mikono in this episode hasn't fall in love with Kagura, she just now understands and pity him. The most funny thing that "love at first sight" fits Shushu, oh wait that's how how Kagura describes Apollon's and Sylvie's first meeting in the episode when he gets to dance his happy dance with Mikono in his hands.
A pair that took a very nasty blow this episode. And I wouldn't be so sure it doesn't stir anything into Mikono's heart.

It finally feels like a love triangle.

Hopefully next week will be about Zessica finally doing something instead of moping from afar.
Old 2012-04-09, 07:04   Link #71
mayumi

I think zessica is still afraid if she starts anything she will still be hurt in the end. Seeing amata has some sort of death wish chasing mikono to hell, I would not want her to be involved because I am afraid she will die and sacrifice herself for amata even though she is not noticed.
Old 2012-04-09, 07:09   Link #72
kuromitsu

I don't think so... Zessica is such a wild card, I bet she'll be the focus of the biggest twist.
Old 2012-04-09, 07:12   Link #73
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Has anyone figured out if Kagura's beast form is that of a lion or wolf? Because it looks like a wolf to me...could it be a totem spirit of some sort?
Old 2012-04-09, 07:32   Link #74
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Welp... The way I see it, if Amata can be forgiven for being physically attracted to Zessica despite not having any romantic feelings for her, I don't see why we can't let it slide for the same thing with Mikono whenever she's placed beside this 'magnificent' specimen of a 'man'.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-04-09 at 07:59.
Old 2012-04-09, 07:45   Link #75
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
A pair that took a very nasty blow this episode. And I wouldn't be so sure it doesn't stir anything into Mikono's heart.
It would be forgiven next episode like the mourning wedding has lasted only one night. Nasty would be some backstabbing which hurt you for real and not something that stopped you from doing something that you didn't want to do in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
Has anyone figured out if Kagura's beast form is that of a lion or wolf? Because it looks like a wolf to me...could it be a totem spirit of some sort?
It's a wolf(if you are not sure look at the sixth episode when his wolf form is without his red fur) in beast of love mode, they have the best noses.

Wolves have very highly developed sense of smell and very powerful scent glands. Scientists have estimated that the wolf's sense of smell is up to one hundred times more sensitive than that of a human. A better way to think of this is not that a wolf nose is more powerful than a humans, but far more discerning. Where we smell the "outdoors" or the "woods" a wolf would be able to distinguish in that scent the presense of prey, other wolves, water, humans, etc. One researcher found that a cow moose with twin calves was scented by wolves over four miles away.

Wolves you scent markings to identify themselves and mark territory. Wolves can tell from a scent mark the gender, age, and relative health of another wolf, they can also recognize other members of their pack by these marks as well as invaiders in their territory.
Old 2012-04-09, 08:47   Link #76
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
>Vena
Re: Kagura, it's not how he speaks (we already know about the reverse, although IMO it's not because he's tsundere or embarrassed - his entire power is "reverse" so it must be connected to that), it's what he says and the entire situation.
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I think zessica is still afraid if she starts anything she will still be hurt in the end. Seeing amata has some sort of death wish chasing mikono to hell, I would not want her to be involved because I am afraid she will die and sacrifice herself for amata even though she is not noticed.
I think Zessica threw caution to the wind this episode when she admitted to her feelings right in front of Amata. The only thing we need next is some heart felt declaration of love from her but, likely, its just going to be some heartfelt declaration of love from Amata to Mikono *or vice-versa* that will make my heart bleed from melodrama.
Old 2012-04-09, 08:49   Link #77
miketyson

kuromitsu:
Spoiler for More Details:
Old 2012-04-09, 08:57   Link #78
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
kuromitsu:
Spoiler for More Details:
Spoiler for Episode Set-Up:
Old 2012-04-09, 09:04   Link #79
mayumi

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-09, 09:17   Link #80
justavisitor

nice to see Kagura fail again XD (But he does become a bit more likable in this episode)

and all of a sudden the show just becomes initial D somewhat

well, Amata, it's easier to get Mikono's heart back when she is around...

I never see the first series, but what Fudo says at the end seems to suggest that one should embrace the present, not the past, so even if Mikono and Kagura are the destined pair, Amata should still try his best to get Mikono (and ensuring happiness) ?

Got to say, I would rather the staff to break the mold...I know it's really dramatic and romantic for the destined pair to reunite after 12000 years, but it would be better imo to see Amata (Who has nothing to do with the reincarnation) and Mikono become lover despite that, let's say (and speculate), Mikono was supposed to choose Kagura because of the history and destiny...but I am pretty sure staff would do something to Amata so he is the reincarnation of someone important.
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Closed Thread