AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-24, 02:27   Link #41
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Ah good, more replies. Personally I think watching something rather bad or funny is more suitable for the party, since as ato pointed out, we will be looking at the IRC window as well and you might miss some details unless you have watched it before.

Personally I also prefer to view anime that I have not seen before, otherwise I think it's just a waste of your time unless you do not mind watching it again. I know some participants have seen the episodes they viewed in our previous party sessions, but I would rather watch a new show because there are a LOT of anime to watch.
Old 2004-05-24, 02:39   Link #42
Navi en Grey

i'm game .. take me along the ride! ^^

- Navi
Old 2004-05-24, 02:45   Link #43
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
So nothing is set in stone yet huh? I think we all need to agree on a time before we decide shows to watch. Someone needs to set up a time table and make it a poll to see whats good for everyone so that we get the majority of the ppl around good times for them. Also why UTC? Personally I like GMT just cuz I already know it =p
Old 2004-05-24, 09:20   Link #44
Imazul

Ok, Every old anime anyone named I saw it...

Maybe pick something rather new and thats comes out weekly
Old 2004-05-24, 15:07   Link #45
Zelgadis
aka. ZP

Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis
A couple I named are new and ongoing series, and I know I have not seen most of the anime named here. Might I suggest we get a large list first then choose from it. Hopefully, we can find a good "recommended" series. Nothing is more dissapointing then an anime you begin to watch goes bad.
Old 2004-05-24, 17:58   Link #46
HoboGod
Necromancer

a good series is fun to watch, but a bad series is fun to make fun of. ^_^
Old 2004-05-24, 21:11   Link #47
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

I dont want to watch another AirMaster's type series... >___<*
Old 2004-05-26, 10:06   Link #48
Cz
Needs more sleep~

No more replies? So far here is the unofficial results for the time:

2100 UTC: 1
2200 UTC: about 4
2300 UTC or later: 1

The majority seems to be okay with 2200 UTC so we will go with that. Let's have an informal meeting on IRC at 2200 UTC this coming Saturday, shall we? Hopefully that will give us a rough estimate of who can make it and we can finalize the anime that we will watch at the same time. The venue is #animesuki.party @ irc.zirc.org (ZiRC).

My simple comments about current anime suggestions:

1) Melody of Oblivion
Series just started, so it's a good choice if the fansubbers can keep releasing at regular intervals.

2) Nanami Chan
Only one episode out and lack of series info makes it hard to judge.

3) Keroro Gunsou
Same as above.

4) Kanon
Might be okay, but many people might have seen it already.

5) Madlax
Seems okay.

6) Kono Minikukumo Utsukushii Sekai
Same as above.

7) Tweeny Witches (Mahou Shoujotai)
If the episodes are short we cannot watch this every week since there aren't many out yet, but still a probable choice.

8) Condor Hero
Okay I guess.

9) Planet ES
Same as above.

10) Pugyuru
Not enough episodes, no series length info.

11) Midori no Hibi
Looks good considering the # of eps out and the release times.

12) Kyou Kara Maou
Probably okay.

13) Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
I see a lack of seeds for most of the non-batch torrents (assuming we can get that far in the party).

My comments are based on casual observation of series info and availability of episodes. We can talk about what looks good or is suitable for viewing at the preliminary session this Saturday. Hope to see the majority of possible participants there!
Old 2004-05-26, 10:23   Link #49
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Hmm... this coming Saturday? I thought you were talking about the week after the U.S. Veteran's Day weekend. I won't even be near a PC I can use then. I'm going away for the Veteren's Day weekend. I still recommend Melody of Oblivion for those who haven't seen it though
Old 2004-05-26, 10:43   Link #50
wao
OK.

Oooh... hm... that'd be around... 6 am my time :O

That's almost like getting up to go to school. T_T

Oh well, I'll... er... try to go \o/

Dangit, if only there were more MoO episodes!

Thankfully I have all of those shows except Kanon, Kyou Kara Maou (I might dl it because the main character is voiced by Fakia-sama's seiyuu! ;x), PlanetES, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (I read synopses of htis and I think I will really, really, really not like it) and Condor Hero (They showed that on TV once... It was quite cool, but I onl ywatched 1 ep :x).
Old 2004-05-26, 16:28   Link #51
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
Hmm... this coming Saturday? I thought you were talking about the week after the U.S. Veteran's Day weekend.
We are not watching anime this weekend:

1) It is Just a "poll" to see who will be the likely participants. I know there are some of you who will not make it but I want a rough estimate of people who will be joining the party.
2) It is also for everyone to decide on a small number of shows to watch at the party. What I listed was anime suggested by people so far. There is no way we will (or can) watch all of that. I am aiming for a party duration of 1-2 hours, so we will have roughly 2-4 episodes per week. Therefore we should choose the shows that the majority do not mind watching and has enough episodes available for at least a couple of sessions.

If you cannot make it, and really really really really want to see a particular show at the party, please leave your suggestion here with a good explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Oooh... hm... that'd be around... 6 am my time :O

That's almost like getting up to go to school. T_T
Sorry about the time, but it is hard to cater to the wide timezone around the world. If you want to host your own session with a few others at a more comfortable time, I certainly do not mind (and I might even attend both! ).
Old 2004-05-26, 18:23   Link #52
Hoshiko

Ok, so 2200 UTC is when? How do you convert that into a local time? All the sites I look up say to subtract a number from UTC but what number do I subtract?!?!? Then they say that I may have the wrong date depending on what time UTC started... Grrrr... I want to come to the meeting but I can't if I show up at the wrong time or day!!! Help... Please...
Old 2004-05-26, 20:03   Link #53
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Here's the converter link (it was on the previous page in my post about the time).
Old 2004-05-26, 22:26   Link #54
Zelgadis
aka. ZP

Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis
lwl12, you haven't made any suggestions on what you want to watch. Since you are the person doing the planning, lets hear your ideas so we can comment. Then decide sometime this or next week on what series to watch.

Apparently those interested have posted, are waiting for a better plan, or are waiting to hear about the results. Lets also plan on a date that we are going to start this. Might I suggest, The second or third week of June. That way most people will be out on summer vacation.
Old 2004-05-26, 22:56   Link #55
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
Here's the converter link (it was on the previous page in my post about the time).
Eh... I dont like this time converter.... Why dont we use GMT instead? I think its simpler to conver to GMT since IMO its easier to convert times. Im GMT -8 so anyone in GMT is 8 hours ahead of me. Simple as that. If someone's GMT+8 than they are 8 hours ahead of GMT.

I dont really care what we watch as long as I havent seen it. Someone put together a list of stuff and we should vote on it.
Old 2004-05-27, 00:26   Link #56
Hoshiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
Thanks for the link. I'll see you at the meeting. Also, I agree with Zelgadis, you're in charge of this party, I want to know what you think! :-D Any favorite anime series?
Old 2004-05-27, 00:54   Link #57
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
Eh... I dont like this time converter.... Why dont we use GMT instead? I think its simpler to conver to GMT since IMO its easier to convert times. Im GMT -8 so anyone in GMT is 8 hours ahead of me. Simple as that. If someone's GMT+8 than they are 8 hours ahead of GMT.

I dont really care what we watch as long as I havent seen it. Someone put together a list of stuff and we should vote on it.
Because GMT isn't a universal time zone. Places with Daylight Saving will be in different GMT zones at different times of the year. US Eastern is GMT-5, but it's GMT-4 now with Daylight Saving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelgadis
lwl12, you haven't made any suggestions on what you want to watch. Since you are the person doing the planning, lets hear your ideas so we can comment. Then decide sometime this or next week on what series to watch.
Why should I make suggestions when everyone else has so many? Furthermore I have not been paying much attention to the latest anime that is out so I would not be able to make a good selection.
Old 2004-05-27, 03:06   Link #58
ato
Oups...

SiL Eighty, for your benefit, I'll post the link to all you need to know about UTC yet again. Knowing that you are american, maybe this might please you better than the converter? Suffice to say that UTC is what GMT used to be - The world standard time.

lwl12, I personally think that you have suggested way to good series! The lobbying for bad/humor series continues I know that the subbing tempo is a bit unpredictable, but maybe Daphne in the Brilliant Blue would fill our needs? At least it is bad enought that I won't be sad when I miss half the show making snide comments
Old 2004-05-27, 03:14   Link #59
HoboGod
Necromancer

actually, i think adding those shortie animes are a good idea, not only can we have more variety of shows to watch, but short runtime = more overall syncretised viewing. the longer the show, the more likely that somebody will be left behind.
Old 2004-05-27, 21:30   Link #60
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
actually, i think adding those shortie animes are a good idea, not only can we have more variety of shows to watch, but short runtime = more overall syncretised viewing. the longer the show, the more likely that somebody will be left behind.
I second that
Closed Thread