AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-04, 20:51   Link #61
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its back and Ichigo's dad coming out in a towel when Aoyama came over got to be really embarrassing for her but funny when he still in the towel when she daydreaming about marrying Aoyama
Old 2023-04-07, 03:25   Link #62
Alchemist007
*Author

OP was more energetic than I expected.

Ichigo getting beaten down by random fish .
Old 2023-04-07, 09:25   Link #63
Frontier

That's a pretty foreboding dream from Aoyama about Ichigo...meanwhile Ichigo is on cloud 9 now that she and Aoyama are officially together! Quite the contrast .

The new OP is a pretty fun and colorful Magical Girl theme and well in-line to the previous OP, featuring plenty of shots of the girls in their maid and Mew Mew outfits as well as them dancing, and we've got the additions of the Blue Knight and it looks like Ichigo is transforming into a cat again !?

I love how Ichigo's gal pals turn finding out about her and Aoyama dating as an excuse to hold a press conference questioning how it happened. Bonus for Ichigo is finding out when Aoyama fell for her, which was even before she fell for him !

Dang, Ichigo's mom is cute! And wastes no time getting chummy with her daughters' new boyfriend. I don't think anyone was expecting her dad to run out practically naked and doing the typical overprotective father bit...and then making Ichigo start thinking of marriage. Ichigo looks amazing in a wedding dress! And then her parents start flirting like they're still dating in high school. It was a really fun scene. Bonus points for having Saki Nakajima, the original Ichigo voice, playing her mom with her IRL husband Satoshi Hino playing Ichigo's dad .

Ichigo and Aoyama are getting along so well, but Lettuce and Shirogane are looking pretty close too .

I love how the girls all rib Ichigo about her relationship but still support her as awesome wingwomen .

The aliens had space jets this whole time? Huh .

Aoyama really does seem to get weird vibes when the environment comes up .

Welcome to Kish's palace Ichigo, where he and his fish Chimera Anima will keep you occupied until humanity is wiped out! Though at least Ichigo got a cute mermaid dress out of it .

Looks like we've got our Tuxedo Mask equivalent in the Blue Knight! He looks like he's part of the same race as Kish and co., but his voice is very familiar. And he was created solely to protect Ichigo? After we just saw Aoyama mad at his own powerlessness? Hmm .

The new ED is great with the girls putting on a full idol group performance with shots of them in their daily lives and being together as friends !
Old 2023-04-11, 20:46   Link #64
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Mint runs away to Ichigo house arriving with an ox and cart just because she had a fight with her bother
Old 2023-04-11, 23:37   Link #65
Frontier

I didn’t think this show could double down on how excessively rich Mint is, but her running away from home in a whole ox carriage with full retinue and amazed at the lives of commoners sold it pretty well. Also she brought her entire bed with her to sleep in .

It was really nice to see Ichigo and Mint bonding more in this episode as they relate to their parents treating them like kids. Ichigo used to be the girl Mint never took seriously and left to do all her work and now the two are close enough to have a sleepover together .

Lettuce wasting no time getting close to Shirogane, though he hasn’t quite picked up on why .

What are a team of magical girl gal pals good for if not listening to your business proposal and then helping you steal from your brother for the greater good? And it’s Mints’ friends that end up being the most important thing to her .

Somehow I’m not surprised something made by five amateur engineers didn’t work out quite right .

I wonder when we’ll get the first full team transformation sequence this season ?

Tart vs Blue Knight was short but sweet! I’m guessing the next episode will be Pie-focused considering it’s a Purin episode .
Old 2023-04-18, 12:01   Link #66
Frontier

That's really nice of the girls to all show up for Purins' siblings' birthday and give them a quality Cafe Mew Mew cake! Though who could resist such adorable and well-mannered tykes ?

That's cute that their parents met and fell in love in the circus. Their mom was quite beautiful, especially in that acrobat outfit. Shame she passed away, and her littlest probably barely remember her, though I can't help but wonder if giving birth to five kids at once took too much out of her body .

That was a very noticeable pause when Aoyama was thinking about his parents .

Kish's head barely seems in it lately, too caught up in the Blue Knight and his closeness to Ichigo .

Purin with the impromptu juggling team-up with a clown! I'd like to think they didn't rehearse that at all .

Man, Purin's not even at the circus for five minutes with her siblings and she gets kidnapped! They hadn't even found seats yet! Also, is Tokiodome close to Cafe Mew Mew? Because how far did those kids have to walk to get there to tell the girls what was going on ?

I love how Purin has an acrobat's flexibility so she can escape rope like it's nothing .

It wouldn't be a Purin episode with some fun with her and Tar-Tar! They really gel surprisingly well together, and Purin really seems to want to get along with him despite how much Tart acts like he hates her...yet he still goes out of his way to save her from the Xenodigger's acid. I see what's going on here .

Ichigo and the Blue Knight work well together .

The girls using all their special moves and finishers! Though Purin is the one who saves the day by reminding us how powerful Mew Aqua is and basically restoring the Earth .

Well, Tart says he's out for revenge, but he finally says Purin's name and just look at the way he smiled at the candy she gave him ?

Who needs the circus when you can get the first in-universe impromptu idol performance by Tokyo Mew Mew? Did the girls practice this off-screen just in case they ever needed to perform for some reason? And you had Akasaka on guitar and Ryo on drums because that's the most natural thing in the world. Though the real kicker is the spirit of Purin's mother helping her reach her swing !

Next week: Lettuce episode with a legit mermaid ?
Old 2023-04-18, 20:43   Link #67
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was a mouth full singing all the names of Bu-Ling siblings all in one go
Old 2023-04-25, 20:46   Link #68
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its good to see Lettuce take the lead and go on a journey millions of years into the past
Old 2023-04-25, 23:40   Link #69
Frontier

Of course a Lettuce-focused episode would involve the sea! Bonus points for letting her mix business and pleasure as she gets to look for Mew Aqua and get a date with Shirogane to boot !

Little Lettuce fashion show! Those earrings really compliment her look !

It was nice to see Zakuro serve a good, supportive, big sis role. She looks out for Lettuce's feelings, hopes for the best, gives her her moment...and is there to console her .

It's weird seeing Kish in an episode that doesn't really involve Ichigo. Although I guess that's part of why he bows out so quickly...after, from his perspective, casually offing a Mew Mew. Good thing Lettuce is the only Mew Mew who would survive such a deep fall into the water .

Yoko Hikasa as Madeline! It was fun to get to hear her, though it seems like it went over Lettuce's head that she was basically transported to the distant past and the ancient advanced civilization was basically the Aliens' race. Seems like they were on the verge of being wiped out and headed into space, leading to Kish and co. situation, and then they came back to retake Earth for themselves .

If the giant ears weren't a big enough clue, Chiffon's name would've been the clearest indication that he was related to Kish's race. So is that just how all men are named in this culture ?

Is it a complete coincidence that Yuichi Nakamura also voiced Chiffon and how much they resembled each other? Was that for Lettuce's benefit ?

Lettuce transformed twice, because we couldn't do her solo episode without featuring her transformation sequence at least once !

A mermaid using her waterbending powers to make sure two young lovers are able to confess their feelings to each other and share their first kiss under the moonlight is not what I had in my bingo card for this episode, but it was very romantic. Just a shame that it never happened in real life and Madeline died without ever telling Chiffon how she felt, but that just spurs on Lettuce to be honest with herself .

Lettuce confesses to Shirogane and he...doesn't really flat out reject her? He talks about how he's too focused on Project Mew Mew to have a relationship with her, but what about afterwards? Though I guess to Lettuce it feels like he rejected her. Poor Girl .
Old 2023-04-26, 00:22   Link #70
Alchemist007
*Author

Interesting reality dynamics, she apparently didn't change the past but still kept the bandage.
Old 2023-05-02, 11:56   Link #71
Frontier

It's surreal seeing the always put-together Zakuro seemingly exhausted, let alone inviting her friends to co-star in her new music video. Although I love how Mint and Purin are the only ones 100% game for it .

Rika Minagawa! Despite being a high school student she's a high-class filmmaker who have boosted idols everywhere! And while she comes off as an absurd perfectionist demanding Zakuro do this and that, it's because she wants to see the real Zakuro, which her professionalism and stoicism always masks .

It's weird to have a Kish episode where he doesn't mess with Ichigo, at least directly. Not that he didn't think about it. Though he's much more concerned about the Blue Knight now .

Is no one going to ask how a high school girl was able to jump and flip so proficiently? Although points for Ichigo at least trying to get Zakuro the microphone even when she flubbed it...and beamed her straight in the face. Although Minagawa finding out none of them are actual actors and just Zakuro's gal pals was pretty amusing .

Mint finally living her fondest dream of dancing intimately with Zakuro in fancy costumes...so much so she can't stay in character out of joy. Purin just straight up steals the show. Poor Lettuce can't help but get beat up by rabbits. Have we mentioned that none of these girls are professional actors? Although it was fun and Zakuro's costumes were great !

I guess it figures someone who has spent so much time filming Zakuro would recognize her in Mew Mew form almost immediately .

Zakuro is at at her most normal and real when she's with her friends, and at her most happy, and that's the best Zakuro! And the girls looked amazing dressed as a Greek Chorus together to close the MV out .

I wasn't expecting some last-minute Aoyama flirting to turn Ichigo back into a cat...or for Ichigo to get perved on by that chubby cat again...or to be saved by the other cat, who turns out to be Shirogane. So Ichigo has been kissed by Shirogane twice, huh? I guess we're finally getting Shirogane's story next week .
Old 2023-05-02, 20:41   Link #72
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Zakuro making a music video with her friends that keep messing up like Bu-Ling switching her microphone with one of her juggling sticks
Old 2023-05-09, 11:53   Link #73
Frontier

So, yeah, Ichigo's basically kissed Shirogane twice! As a cute! Whether that counts or not is probably dependent on who you ask, though Ichigo's not happy about it .

Shirogane's backstory! Back in the day he was a very precious and cheerful young man, though still a science prodigy, but eventually after losing everything but loyal retainer Keiichiro he became the determined young man we know today .

So Shirogane's dad was a scientist who came up with Project Mew? That means they knew about the aliens even back then? And they were deliberately attacked for it? Who sent those Chimera Anima after them ?

Shirogane's mom was a beautie! And voiced by Shizuka Itou! So dad was a scientist and I'm guessing Ryo's money came from the mom's side of the family? Although it was absolutely tragic how Mrs. Shirogane saved her son but perished trying to go back for her husband .

Well, points to Shirogane for being willing to experiment on himself knowing what they were going to put the Mew Mews through, though transforming into an adorable cat is pretty tame .

I'm glad Lettuce didn't see Shirogane putting the moves on Ichigo. Although kissing Purin isn't too bad !

Points to Mint's family for trying to improve the environment even if that makes them a target for Pie's plots. Seem like they're deliberately trying to damage any attempt by humans to fix pollution or any other environmental issue. And this is somehow connected to the Big Bad Alien leader ?

Was Lettuce starting to realize the Aliens are connected to Madeline and Chiffon's people ?

Jeez Blue Knight, let Ichigo at least do something! She's starting to feel self-conscious as the main character .

Lettuce really was the MVP of this episode, managing to snag the Mew Aqua again and erasing the corupption and the Chimera Anima in one fell swoop! Even got to see Shirogane be worried for her, which was nice .

Well, Shirogane pushes Ichigo to spend time with Aoyama, though the way he looked at her and seemed a little bummed out made me start to wonder...

Aoyama, can you just enjoy the mood and not bring up the environment for one minute? Although I guess it is making Ichigo reflect on what she's doing with her life, though she seems to be catching some bad vibes !
Old 2023-05-09, 20:47   Link #74
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well got a backstory on Shirogane and Keiichiro and the story on the Mew Mew project but got to hand it to Lettuce with an other win
Old 2023-05-16, 12:25   Link #75
Frontier

I guess we're back to Ichigo worrying about telling Aoyama the truth about her like she was for most of season 1 .

It's adorable how the girls all immediately jump to Ichigo and Aoyama's relationship being on the rocks because they haven't been able to spend a lot of time together and then match that with a handmade team phone case for Ichigo! It's very sweet .

Kish is obsessed with the Blue Knight, Tart is becoming enamored with Earth culture (because of Purin), and Pie is still obsessed with wrecking all of Mint and her families' plans to improve the environment .

Nice mother-daughter bonding time to come up with a Bento for Aoyama! It has to come from the heart .

What a cute lunch date! No surprise Aoyama wants to be an ecologist, though, with the way he talks about the environment. And now Ichigo is invested enough in the enviroment and protecting the Earth that she may as well join him !

Ugh. Kish just couldn't leave well enough alone, huh? Had to ruin the moment and steal Ichigo's bento for Aoyama. What a creep .

I wonder if Ichigo had turned around would she see Aoyama had vanished when the Blue Knight suddenly appeared...

I don't care for Ichigo being a damsel in distress but Blue Knight using his Finishing Move to eviscerate Kish was pretty satisfying .

Well, it's out there. Ichigo is a Mew Mew. Transformed in front of Aoyama and everything. Though what better way to dispell all of Ichigo's anxieties about what this would mean about their relationship than Aoyama kissing her? I had an inkling he knew deep down, so it was nice to have that confirmed too. It only serves to strengthen their relationship .

What did Kish see in the silhouette of the Blue Knight? Looked like him with his hair loose or longer hair ?
Old 2023-05-16, 17:33   Link #76
Alchemist007
*Author

'Yeah you look just like that Mew Mew girl, I figured it was you.'
Old 2023-05-16, 20:44   Link #77
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well the truth finely comes out when Masaya fines out that Ichigo is part of the Mew Mew but at less he had the a frank suspicion she was hiding that

Quiche all ways picks the worse time to keep popping up
Old 2023-05-23, 13:29   Link #78
Frontier

Kish says their master is about to return and Aoyama is still having those nightmares about Ichigo...things like something is about to happen that will shake things up permanently .

Ichigo has some great gal pals! Even diverting all the Aoyama fangirls so the couple can handhold and walk home from school in peace .

Ah, the classic love interest role of telling them not to be a Superhero because they'll be in danger. But Ichigo can't really reflect on that when she gets kidnapped by Kish. Can't Ichigo just spend time with Aoyama in peace ?

Man, the aliens really do no like Mint and her families' attempt to help the environment! Or they just see the convenient opportunity to carry out their plans by hijacking their equipment. And Mint's brother puts her on lock and key to keep her safe but also preventing her from actually fixing anything. Will Mint escape or tell her brother she's a Mew Mew ?

You know things are escalating when the Aliens attack Cafe Mew Mew directly with an army of Chimera Anima. Even got Shirogane and Keiichiro fighting too! Though Tart is still having mixed thoughts about fighting Purin .

I didn't think they could make Kish into even more of a creep, but they succeeded. It's one thing if his feelings for Ichigo are sincere to an agonizing degree since he can't have her...but choking her to death because she won't love you? If he can't see why Ichigo could never return his feelings, it's his own fault .

Aoyama is the Blue Knight! What a surprise! I totally didn't see that coming! Such a shocking development! Not that he really understands it himself, though at least he keeps Kish occupied so Ichigo can finally stop being a damsel in distress and bail out her team .

Um...why are the Aliens bowing to the Blue Knight in deference to him? Why are they being so respectful? Why does Blue Knight look so different in the next episode preview? I don't like where this is going .
Old 2023-05-23, 20:46   Link #79
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well everything is being revealed with Aoyama being outed as the Blue Knight

So Mints bother really overprotective to his sister
Old 2023-05-24, 11:35   Link #80
Alchemist007
*Author

Blueyama is the blueknight??? Whoa!

Tags
magic girl, remake