AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-22, 13:58   Link #181
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

After observing that video for a while, a lot of things are quite clear:

1) Meta Field
As demonstrated with the movelist of the characters, some attacks can only be used in the metafield.
Furthermore, special abilities (such like Battler's Resurrection) only work while the metafield is active. Note that the abilities are only active during your own metafield. It doesn't activate if the opponent uses their. Important note though: regardless which character is controlled, -both- characters' abilities will be active at the same time if the metafield is set.
There is no indication what happens if the opponent is trying to activate their own metafield during yours.

Metafield activation seems to work like an attack cancel (demonstrated by Lucifer in that video), which can actually be quite vicious regarding combo and follow up.
Finally, the duration of the metafield is indicated by the red bar below the time counter.

List of the abilities:
Battler: Resurrection
Ange: StunBoost
Shannon: AutoGuard
Kanon: SilentAttack
Beatrice: InfinitySP
Lucifer: AttackTouch
Virgilia: ???
Ronove: CounterBoost
Eva-Beatrice: Berserk
Siesta410: BreakBoost

2) Switch
Switch seems to work like a marvel VS capcom, except characters of a player share the same life bar (which explains why it is 3 lifebars (blue, yellow, red) in contrast to your usual 2).

The only requirement to use the switch is to have the change gauge being full, refilling itself over time (might be affected by damage dealt and taken).
Interestingly enough, as I stated before: each character has their very own special bar, and it seems the only way to raise the SP bar is to actually bench that character out.

It seems there are 3 type of switch: regular, offense and defense. I didn't find any indication if the offensive one has any requirement whatsoever.
The defensive one is quite interesting though: it works like MB spark system, which allows you to break free from the opponent's combo and immediately switch character afterwards. It costs 2 SP bar from the character that will tag in (however, since the video has shown this occurence only twice with the ongoing character without any SP bar, it is hard to figure if it is always the benched character spending their SP or if it will spend the benched character SP if the ongoing character has no SP).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-11-22 at 14:08.
Old 2010-11-22, 14:22   Link #182
moichispa
Endless witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
I saw that and figured it was Eva-Beatrice, since it has the staff, seems to have gloves, and.. she's in the game. oAo
It is MARIA. Just look at the same background on Lucifer screnshoots

Spoiler for big image:
Old 2010-11-22, 15:07   Link #183
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Wow... I was reminded of Marvel vs. Capcom, which makes me very happy

Not to mention the immense amount of depth with the character-swap system; I'm so going to tag-team Virgilia and Kanon
Old 2010-11-22, 16:11   Link #184
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
Never mind, I updated my flashplayer thing.
Also:

Maria is holding the staff in her left hand...

No one's expecting everyone to be playable. I just want a bit more human characters to show up, especially those who have actually fought the demons/witchs. Is that really too much to ask? :/
From that image you can see that it is as already suggested. Battler is in play so he has disappeared from his chair where he has been seen on earlier screenshots. Maybe it implies some of the other characters appearing in this background could be playable?

And for the final boss of the game... It's either Bernkastel with a scythe, Goldsmith or Musou Rosa!
Old 2010-11-22, 16:30   Link #185
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Gameplay video:

-Ange's GERMAN SUPPLEX!
I am SOLD!

Someone have posted the youtube link in IRC. I can't wait for this one. If only Tasofro did this sprite style for his Touhou fighters (I know that we are still uncertain of who is making the Umineko game).
Old 2010-11-22, 16:51   Link #186
Terras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
From that image you can see that it is as already suggested. Battler is in play so he has disappeared from his chair where he has been seen on earlier screenshots. Maybe it implies some of the other characters appearing in this background could be playable?

And for the final boss of the game... It's either Bernkastel with a scythe, Goldsmith or Musou Rosa!
I am sold on the "removing from background" theory.

In fact, allow me to speak.

Besides Bern and Lambda, I say that every character in the background will have a role in the ring in some way. 00 is next to Lambda, but she's in 410's specials as we've seen. I believe that MARIA and Gaap will play some role, be it secret character or part of a special move, or something.
Old 2010-11-22, 17:08   Link #187
Mikachiru
test

Battler Moveset

There are at least three attack buttons: A (weak), B (mid), and C (strong). There might be more, but for the purpose of posting up the attack stuff, I'm just gonna use these. My kanji sucks, so if someone would like to correct me, please do.

I'm gonna assume you guys know what 236 means. If you don't, then here:

6 means forwards
4 means backwards
8 means up (it's usually jump)
2 means down
5 means neutral
9 means forward jump or forward up
And so forth.

236 is hadoken motion.
This will always assume you are first player (facing right).

Battler

必殺技 ~ Absolute Kill Techniques (Hitsugorogi):

236A/B/C = 青き真実 ~ Blue Truth (Aokishinjitsu)

623A/B/C = 青き一撃 ~ Blue One Shot (Aokiichigeki, dunno if it's supposed to be ichi or one of those things used in katakana like biimu with the second i= ー. It shouldn't be きー, though... きい, I think, is proper.)

214A/B/C =ソムリエフィンガー Sommelier Finger ~ (Somuriefingaa NOTE: According to some katakana dictionary, Somurie is a grape wine waiter or a sommelier. I couldn't figure out what a Somurie was so I googled it. )

214A/B/C (midair only)= 青き急襲 ~ Desperate Blue Attack (Aokikyushuu NOTE: Deprerate should be quick or urgent, but I think it sounds better the way it is)

SP必殺技 ~ Special Absolute Kill Techniques [Uses one gauge] (SP Hitsugorogi)

236AB (Press A and B at the same time) = 青き鋭き真実 ~ Blue Sharp Truth (Aokieikishijitsu)

623AB (Press A and B at the same time) = 青き絶対の一撃 ~ Absolute Blue's One Shot (Aokizettai no ichigeki)

214AB (Press A and B at the same time) = 満悦のソムリエタイム ~ Satisfied Sommelier's Joy Time (manetsu no somurietaimu)

214AB (Press A and B at the same time, Midair only) = 青き_雅なる急襲 ~ Blue elegant, yet desperate attack. (missing a kanji here...sorry!) (Aoiki_ganarukyushuu)

乱_技 ~ Chaotic _Technique (missing a kanji here. I dunno how to read it... Sorry...) [Uses 2 gauges] (Ran_Ji)

236236C = 打撃拍推によるチェックメイト ~ Pounding, beating, concluded reasoning that'll cause a Checkmate! (Dagekihakuosuri ni yoru chekumeito)

メタフィルド必殺技 ~ Meta-Field Absolute Kill Technique (Metafirudo Hitsugorogi)

641236C = 全てを穿つ青き真実 ~ Everything will be pierced by the Blue Truth [Metaworld Only] (Subete wo ugatsu aokishinjitsu)

I would appreciate help with the two missing kanjis, please and thank you~! <3
Old 2010-11-22, 17:09   Link #188
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terras View Post
I am sold on the "removing from background" theory.

In fact, allow me to speak.

Besides Bern and Lambda, I say that every character in the background will have a role in the ring in some way. 00 is next to Lambda, but she's in 410's specials as we've seen. I believe that MARIA and Gaap will play some role, be it secret character or part of a special move, or something.
Or, you know, they just wanted to put other Umineko characters in the background for the fans. I see no reason to believe that means they will have a role in the fights if they are in the background.

I also doubt that there will be a special unique boss.

This game is awesome enough as it is. Aren't you guys expecting a bit too much from the first release?
Old 2010-11-22, 17:14   Link #189
Terras

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct View Post
Or, you know, they just wanted to put other Umineko characters in the background for the fans. I see no reason to believe that means they will have a role in the fights if they are in the background.

This game is awesome enough as it is. Aren't you guys expecting a bit too much from the first release?
Just fan speculation. It's just logical imo to suspect some hidden characters in a fighter, even in the first. I mean, even Guilty Gear had 1 hidden character in it's first game.
Old 2010-11-22, 17:18   Link #190
Mikachiru
test

Quote:

Lol, I somewhat agree with the first statement. Still, I'm gonna keep my hopes up that Jessica is playable so I can have my JessiKano team.

Beatrice has been already established as an ally to Battler. If this game is going to have a storyline, it'll need a boss, most likely a secret. I can imagine in Kanon's story or something that Beatrice is the final boss, but what about everyone else?

Finally, if you ask me, the lack of non meta characters makes me sad...

Okay, so I looked back at the video and I'm guessing which attacks are which:

Sommelier Finger/Satisfied Sommelier's joy time = sexual harassment attack
Desperate Blue Attack/Blue elegant, yet desperate attack = Pretty sure it's the downwards kick attack.
Everything will be pierced by the Blue Truth = The gigantic laser that takes up half the screen

Also, Siesta 410's air kick attack thing that has her legs spread out looks beast. Watch it be an amazing spacing and overhead tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
If you think about it, there's probably someone who wants every character X to be playable. If the team wanted to satisfy everyone, they would have to include every character, which would probably have led to balance problems and repetitive characters, and who knows how much leeway they had in making and testing this game. So I don't see the point in complaining about some characters not being in it (though it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them included as secrets or the like). And we do have Shannon and Kanon from the human side, as well as Battler and Ange, arguably. That's four out of ten, in a game mainly focused on meta-battles.

And, of course, I seriously doubt that there will be no sequel to this game.
I don't count Battler and Ange because Ange doesn't appear in the board game and instead assists Battler and I'm pretty sure the Battler in the game is not piece Battler... So no, 2/10. I should of chose my words more carefully. By human, I mean game pieces.

Kanon and Shannon should count as game pieces since I don't remember them being in the Meta world. They had meta fights, but not in the Meta world. Then again, I've only played EP 1-4 (gonna buy 8 and catch up while the EP8 patch is being worked on). So yeah.

Last edited by Mikachiru; 2010-11-22 at 17:45.
Old 2010-11-22, 17:34   Link #191
Leafsnail

Maybe one of Ange's moves will involve Maria? They seem kindof linked. And I guess Beatrice could have Gaap.
Old 2010-11-22, 18:05   Link #192
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terras View Post
Just fan speculation. It's just logical imo to suspect some hidden characters in a fighter, even in the first. I mean, even Guilty Gear had 1 hidden character in it's first game.
Yeah, but Guilty Gear was a commercial game released on Playstation. This is a doujin PC game being released at Comiket. I'm not saying it is impossible for it to have a secret character or a boss character, but it's unlikely for this first release.

I have a good feeling this will go the Melty Blood road, though, so I do expect updates and expansions and sequels in the future with more characters and boss characters and all that. But I think right now they just want to get the base game out there.
Old 2010-11-22, 18:11   Link #193
legomaple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
I can imagine in Kanon's story or something that Beatrice is the final boss, but what about everyone else?
well, think about it. Remember it is the question arcs. Beatrice might still be Battler's story boss. For shannon the same. In the question arcs alot of them are opposing Beatrice. If this was Chiru, questions will be raised of course.
Old 2010-11-22, 20:35   Link #194
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomaple View Post
well, think about it. Remember it is the question arcs. Beatrice might still be Battler's story boss. For shannon the same. In the question arcs alot of them are opposing Beatrice. If this was Chiru, questions will be raised of course.
...For some reason, I keep thinking this is Chiru. I have yet to play Chiru, but with the twin traps and all...yeah.
Old 2010-11-22, 21:12   Link #195
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Does anyone know where I could pre-order this? On AmiAmi.com it's already sold out.
Old 2010-11-22, 21:19   Link #196
AlexiaCarcera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Does anyone know where I could pre-order this? On AmiAmi.com it's already sold out.
I think they just put that there until 11/29, and then you can actually pre-order it. (On AmiAmi)
Old 2010-11-22, 22:28   Link #197
Terras

Quote:
Yeah, but Guilty Gear was a commercial game released on Playstation. This is a doujin PC game being released at Comiket. I'm not saying it is impossible for it to have a secret character or a boss character, but it's unlikely for this first release.

I have a good feeling this will go the Melty Blood road, though, so I do expect updates and expansions and sequels in the future with more characters and boss characters and all that. But I think right now they just want to get the base game out there.
I understand what you're saying, and I respect your opinion, but I'm going to continue to hope there's 1 or 2 unlockables. If there are, good for me. If not, they'll be more characters next time.
Old 2010-11-23, 01:23   Link #198
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

If there's a story mode, each one is gonna be a team of 2 characters. Remember that. This game seems to be VERY reliant on switching between two fighters quite often.

These are the story mode teams that seem most plausible to me out of the 10 confirmed characters:

Battler and Beatrice
Ange and Lucifer
Shannon and Kanon
Virgilia and Ronove
Eva-Beatrice and Siesta 410
Old 2010-11-23, 02:30   Link #199
AlexiaCarcera

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
If there's a story mode, each one is gonna be a team of 2 characters. Remember that. This game seems to be VERY reliant on switching between two fighters quite often.

These are the story mode teams that seem most plausible to me out of the 10 confirmed characters:

Battler and Beatrice
Ange and Lucifer
Shannon and Kanon
Virgilia and Ronove
Eva-Beatrice and Siesta 410
I was actually thinking Battler and Ange, and Beatrice and Lucifer, maybe.
The others I agree with though lol
Old 2010-11-23, 03:07   Link #200
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Well, the official information implies Battler and Beatrice are teaming up.
Closed Thread