AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 30 36.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 30.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 20.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-11-28, 10:26   Link #61
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effect View Post
How certain is this? Are we shown the geass in action or anything? Does her pattern of speech change? Etc?
1. We are certain about nothing. This is speculation...but not an unwelcome one.
2. We are shown NOTHING at all. The scene between Euphemia and Zero ends on a cliffhanger with Zero drawing a gun on her and giving the feeling that he's going to kill her. Then we go back to Suzaku's fight. We don't know what Zero did in the meantime, before he detonated the building's facade right in Suzaku's face, which is why we wonder whether Lelouch did anything to Euphemia before setting her in one of those life rafts.
3. She doesn't get to speak at all after Zero draws his gun. Her eyes don't show the telltale, red iris rim that Geassed girl sports but we don't know exactly whether one can indeed rewire the subject's brain so as to 'reactivate' the instructions at given times.
Old 2006-11-28, 13:11   Link #62
FSNxPhantom
ZOMG!!! HEAVEN'S FEEL FTW

Send a message via AIM to FSNxPhantom
Speculation is a main element to Code Geass, at least for me anyways. Its very nice since it puts us kind of on the edge of our seats waiting for the next scenes, making this show a great anime.

I wonder if Lelouch is going to create his own kind of mecha for him and his "Black Knights" to fight, like the ones Cornelia's group has. That would be awesome if there was a battle between his mecha and Suzaku's.
FSNxPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 13:23   Link #63
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Dammit, now you guys have got me thinking about Lulu X Millay scenarios.... And yeah, they do seemingly fit more than the others...in some weird way

Kinda makes you wonder though, if Lelouch moved in with the Ashfords when young, that means he may have spent time with Millay before when they were children?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 13:30   Link #64
FSNxPhantom

I support Lulu x Karen, but like you evil, they got me thinking about Lulu x Millay too.
Old 2006-11-28, 14:41   Link #65
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSNxPhantom View Post
I support Lulu x Karen, but like you evil, they got me thinking about Lulu x Millay too.
The only problem against that pairing is that so far there has been very little material for a Millay-Lelouch chemistry, at least less than those for Lelouch-Kallen (master and servant? just joking) and Lelouch-Shirley (doomed love and comic relief). Her character has only summed itself to being a maternal figure for the other student council members with a teasing streak - other than that, the interaction between her and Lelouch is brought to a scarce minimum - not enough, in my humble opinion, to give birth to even saplings of romance.

As for Lelouch and Kallen, well, should he eventually rise to the throne, there'd possibly be some reticence to being accepted as an imperial wife, although it doesn't seem to have been a problem (in the short run, at least, till a certain, fateful day) for the late empress Marianne, Lelouch's mother. Her being half-Eleven (her being half-Britannian is a fleetingly redeemable feature, but...) could spur some vocal objection from the court as well as some animosity but her shady past as an activist would not make her lovable from the curtseyers and nobles - while Millay would theoretically have less problems entering the Imperial family because of her noble background.

As for Shirley, well, I'm afraid her infatuation is doomed to die a quick, bitter death with the way things are going - and as someone mentioned a little earlier, I'm getting Fllay Allster vibes from her.
Old 2006-11-28, 14:49   Link #66
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
As for Shirley, well, I'm afraid her infatuation is doomed to die a quick, bitter death with the way things are going - and as someone mentioned a little earlier, I'm getting Fllay Allster vibes from her.
she wont be doomed as she is converting into suzaku's fangirl club :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 14:54   Link #67
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Dammit, now you guys have got me thinking about Lulu X Millay scenarios.... And yeah, they do seemingly fit more than the others...in some weird way

Kinda makes you wonder though, if Lelouch moved in with the Ashfords when young, that means he may have spent time with Millay before when they were children?
It seems possible at this point that Millay might have met Leulouch and his sister when they were young, seven years ago, whether or not she was ever informed at some point of his true identity or whether her grandfather just told her to be friends to them; she does seem well acquainted and kind towards Nanaly though, doesn't she? (See Karen't welcoming party)

I read a Japanese fanfiction about the aftermath of Millay's arranged meeting being made known to the members of the Student Council, how everyone except the stoic vice-president protests and expresses their dismay.

Millay displays a sad smile when she hears from Rivalz how Leulouch, whom she has come to care for like younger brother, talked of how he has no right to intervene if that's the decision Millay has made/accepted herself. Later on, Suzaku and Shirley both see how Leulouch has distanced himself subtly, particularly from Millay, in the days immediately afterwards, and Suzaku asks him once more whether he's fine with all of this. Leulouch gives a reply whose nature is veiled in detached objectivity, something about respecting her decision, but then Suzaku, knowing his friend well, comments:

"Perhaps Millay-san hoped that you would say something [to stop her]."

Leulouch responds with silence.

In the end, we see that Millay seems to have been freed from the arranged marriage and she returns to the student council as her old spirited self, where Leulouch comments on how she's late; life is back to how it was.

Whether Leulouch and his powers had anything to do with the canceling of the arrangement is not mentioned.
Old 2006-11-28, 15:45   Link #68
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
The only problem against that pairing is that so far there has been very little material for a Millay-Lelouch chemistry, at least less than those for Lelouch-Kallen (master and servant? just joking) and Lelouch-Shirley (doomed love and comic relief). Her character has only summed itself to being a maternal figure for the other student council members with a teasing streak - other than that, the interaction between her and Lelouch is brought to a scarce minimum - not enough, in my humble opinion, to give birth to even saplings of romance.

As for Lelouch and Kallen, well, should he eventually rise to the throne, there'd possibly be some reticence to being accepted as an imperial wife, although it doesn't seem to have been a problem (in the short run, at least, till a certain, fateful day) for the late empress Marianne, Lelouch's mother. Her being half-Eleven (her being half-Britannian is a fleetingly redeemable feature, but...) could spur some vocal objection from the court as well as some animosity but her shady past as an activist would not make her lovable from the curtseyers and nobles - while Millay would theoretically have less problems entering the Imperial family because of her noble background.

Well Karen is also a noble. Not sure what rank her familiy has. Also it would not be like Karen would Lulu's only wife. The past emperor had a huge Harem (17 kids). Millay would be the ideal empress, as she is form a High Ranking Noble familiy, Full Blood Britannan and as other have said a good repayment to the ashford familiy's help and protection all these years.

Also for the lack of romantic feelings between Lulu and Millay. Well Millay is daughter of a Noble House, she probably already knows that her husband will be pick for her and more likely then not a political marriage. At least with Lulu she actually alreadys knows him before hand and at least like him as friend. Which is more then she was going to get form any marriage that will be arrange for her.

Millay would ideally be THE Empress and karen, shirely and cc would be concubines. Millay would also have a lot fun interviewing the prospective members of Lulu's harem
Old 2006-11-28, 20:37   Link #69
tanminh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
League of Black Knights?

I'm sorry, but that's just too stupid for me to even laugh at...and the way they look doesn't help either...guess every series has to have it's not-so-good points.
actually I thought it was apropriate, since the brittania soldiers consider themselve to be holy knight, the opposite of that would be black knight, black and white.

but i have to say, the mecha design is kinda below average
tanminh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 23:22   Link #70
FSNxPhantom

Since you brought that up tanminh, it does make alot of sense. The fight between the Holy Knights and Black Knights!!!
Old 2006-11-28, 23:35   Link #71
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Since you brought that up tanminh, it does make alot of sense. The fight between the Holy Knights and Black Knights!!!

Now you guys got me thinking of the black knight form monte python
Old 2006-11-28, 23:52   Link #72
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Now you guys got me thinking of the black knight form monte python
The Black Knights... of the Black Prince?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Knight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward%..._Black_Prince:

"Edward [the Black Prince] was an effective military leader, and very popular during his life. He died one year before his father and so never ruled as king (becoming the first English Prince of Wales to suffer that fate)..."

Probably no connection what so ever, but it sure sounds cool to refer to Leulouch as the Black Prince.
Old 2006-11-29, 06:11   Link #73
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
Quote:
Well, she is,
...On the sidelines, it'd be a quite appreciative political gesture for Lelouch to marry Millay - I guess one could count that as a thank-you to the Ashford family for helping him during all those years.
One problem with that ..

Spoiler:

Hmm .. never mind, seems it was a mistranslation

Last edited by Aceywacey; 2006-11-29 at 06:15. Reason: bleh
Aceywacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 07:10   Link #74
CronuZ

Send a message via MSN to CronuZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
One problem with that ..

Spoiler:

Yeah ure right, This line says tat Ashford family that supports them along went down/ruined/finished too .Well something like tat... nothing mention about Empress Marianne from Ashford family
CronuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 10:12   Link #75
FSNxPhantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
The Black Knights... of the Black Prince?

Probably no connection what so ever, but it sure sounds cool to refer to Leulouch as the Black Prince.
I think its a king rather than prince, because everytime we see him hold a chess piece, it is always the Black King.
Old 2006-11-29, 10:30   Link #76
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
I think its a king rather than prince, because everytime we see him hold a chess piece, it is always the Black King.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe 'Prince' is given to him with reference to the fact that he was once a heir to the throne.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 12:14   Link #77
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceywacey View Post
One problem with that ..

Spoiler:

It still won't matter much if Millay and Lulu are cousins. Intermarriage between cousins among european nobility has been going on for thousands of years. And cousins marriage is not that big a deal in 99% of the world in real life. Only a few states actually have any laws on the book regarding cousin marriage and those only dealt with first cousins.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2006-11-29 at 13:27.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 13:07   Link #78
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe 'Prince' is given to him with reference to the fact that he was once a heir to the throne.
Now that you mention it, its interesting how Leulouch always identifies himself as the King in chess when in real life he forfeited the chance to become King long ago. I think it shows that the fact that he still views himself as King/Commander of the field speaks much of his blood/heritage and his own subconscious desire.

Even if Millay isn't Leulouch's cousin, she's still a year older than him... though I suppose that wouldn't be much of a problem either?
Old 2006-11-29, 13:31   Link #79
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well he was kinda forced to give up the prince title by the king from the looks of things...he said that lulu was useless and deported him and nanali to japan...

well he still has the "commanding" genes of the family and aims to use it to wipe out the king...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 13:35   Link #80
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well he was kinda forced to give up the prince title by the king from the looks of things...he said that lulu was useless and deported him and nanali to japan...

well he still has the "commanding" genes of the family and aims to use it to wipe out the king...

Like others said, lulu is more like his father then he is willing to admit. If this show takes a turn down the LOGH path (Which I doubt, would be estatic if they do) Lulu could be the 2nd coming of Reinheart. I miss epics like logh