AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-25, 15:26   Link #601
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I wouldn't have had to reinstall if someone knew what they were talking about..... but no biggy, i'll atleast have a day to play it...
Old 2011-11-25, 15:50   Link #602
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I wouldn't have had to reinstall if someone knew what they were talking about..... but no biggy, i'll atleast have a day to play it...
You should have more than that. Main Assets 1 is the largest one. The rest are much smaller.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 18:06   Link #603
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Did i do something wrong?
Old 2011-11-25, 19:30   Link #604
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHige View Post
Did i do something wrong?
Yes... yes you did, -tickles-

But its no biggy, I remember that Main assets 1 is the biggest right after that the other ones went by like nothing.

I'm at the home stretch with the english assets.

anyways, what server we playin? the one i picked last time?
Old 2011-11-26, 04:23   Link #605
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I'm on Darth Bandon atm if anyone else happens to be there, I'm Selina, on the Empire side.

Ended up in a PVP match earlier pitted against someone named Selena. It was amusing, since we were both Inquisitors.
Old 2011-11-26, 05:21   Link #606
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Will be able to come on in 6 hours. So where are most of all of you?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 13:39   Link #607
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

East Coast- Prophecy of the Five- JG named Lennard.
Old 2011-11-26, 16:44   Link #608
Xacual

I'm on west coast, shawken spire I think it was?

I'm probably going to have to cancel my preorder though, game is running like total crap for me. Lowered or turned off everything I could too. Hoping it's just the number of people though and will get better.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-11-26, 17:35   Link #609
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'm on west coast, shawken spire I think it was?

I'm probably going to have to cancel my preorder though, game is running like total crap for me. Lowered or turned off everything I could too. Hoping it's just the number of people though and will get better.
What's your comp's spec?
Old 2011-11-26, 18:27   Link #610
Nixl

So far I only got to level 7-8 with a Sith Warrior before the server crashed and...I am forcing myself to play at this point. Does anyone know if the Sith Warrior story gets any better? I know a tank will be useful in groups, but this is ridiculous. I hope the character did not get wiped. Hopefully the other classes will be better.

Story wise, it seems silly how little philosophy of the force there is. I was at least expecting them to have some type of character like Kreia trying to teach the finer details or at least try to manipulate you.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 18:44   Link #611
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
So far I only got to level 7-8 with a Sith Warrior before the server crashed and...I am forcing myself to play at this point. Does anyone know if the Sith Warrior story gets any better? I know a tank will be useful in groups, but this is ridiculous. I hope the character did not get wiped. Hopefully the other classes will be better.

Story wise, it seems silly how little philosophy of the force there is. I was at least expecting them to have some type of character like Kreia trying to teach the finer details or at least try to manipulate you.
Sith Warrior AND Jedi Knights have the most straightforward stories of all the classes.

Jedi: I must protect everything in my power, do good, save world.

Sith: I must destroy everything in my path to victory, and boil puppies on the side because that's how I roll.

Both their stories are pretty lame imo...but I like the gameplay for guardians. If you wanna play a tank, you can also play Trooper---> Vanguard, at the moment they are actually better at tanking than Guardians, and they have a better story. (But they got no glowsticks!)
Old 2011-11-26, 18:56   Link #612
Nixl

I have only heard praise for the Imperial Agent and a little for the Trooper. I am just finding everything so...bland. I mean, I was probably a hater of this game when I found out it was an MMO and even more so when I found out what they handled Kotor 2 and Revan. However, I thought maybe I would find something a little redeeming amongst the hate, but I have yet to find it.
Old 2011-11-26, 19:28   Link #613
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post

The warrior and knights were made for the kick-in-the-door style players. Less story, more smashing face. The inquisitor story is filled with more mystique and lore, or so I hear as I have yet to play one.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 19:35   Link #614
Nixl

Last review/spoiler of the Inquisitor that I heard stated it was no better in terms of exploring the force or philosophy, instead you collect artifacts. I'll give it a shot maybe.
Old 2011-11-26, 19:39   Link #615
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Probably a good thing you got to try the beta before buying then.
Old 2011-11-26, 19:55   Link #616
Xacual

Yeah I stopped at level 11 Trooper right after becoming a Vanguard. Just utterly unplayable fps issues and it must be on my end since I swear general chat was filled with people talking about how smooth the game was. Kind of disappointing since the gameplay felt fine and the story was interesting.

Most annoying thing for me was the stupid choice wheel though. I kind of wish it would actually show what my character would say and not some weird shortened version that sounds nothing like it. Though apparently this is from other bioware games?

Old 2011-11-26, 21:14   Link #617
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

FPS is very hit-or-miss I noticed. One comp can run it smoothly (or at least more than playable, like in my case) another has crappy FPS, even though the specs aren't that much different.

And yes, the dialog wheel is from other Bioware games, though these are by far the least accurate descriptions I have ever seen. I mean, most of the times they're fairly accurate (though I use the term loosly), but I've seen not a small amount of inaccurate ones as well. Some even have total moodswings, the text suggesting a serious answer and my character throwing out some witty remark.

On another note, finally had a good look at the light/dark side system and I'm... pleasantly surprised by what they did. It's essentially a compromise between the KotoR and Mass Effect system. You can gain both light side and dark side points until either reaches a certain threshold, at which point you gain "+1" dark or light.

I like it. It allows you to generally do what you want, as making a few scattered light side decisions won't really impact your dark side alignment.

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-11-26 at 21:47.
Old 2011-11-26, 22:14   Link #618
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah I stopped at level 11 Trooper right after becoming a Vanguard. Just utterly unplayable fps issues and it must be on my end since I swear general chat was filled with people talking about how smooth the game was. Kind of disappointing since the gameplay felt fine and the story was interesting.

Most annoying thing for me was the stupid choice wheel though. I kind of wish it would actually show what my character would say and not some weird shortened version that sounds nothing like it. Though apparently this is from other bioware games?
Mass effect, Dragon Age both use the same system, the wheel though is taken directly from Mass Effect.
Old 2011-11-26, 22:20   Link #619
Xacual

Yeah just tried to do some driver updates and yeah no dice still crap. Though I saw another good example of the stupid wheel. Choice being something like "Criminals sure are thinking big" my character says "wow the criminals definitely know how to put on a show"

Old 2011-11-26, 22:32   Link #620
Ryus
The One Eyed King

downloading beta now... it's taking bloody forever

so far my issues are
  • 20 minutes of trying to get the login to realize I do live in a "allowed" region
  • It's now downloading an entire MMORPG at only 70kb/s and my end can handle at least 25mb/s on a bad day (they better let a lot of people to download the game 5 days early or launch day will be hell based on this level of traffic )

Oh well... I'll likely be able to play tomorrow at least i'm off tomorrow unlike today where I had a midshift which really interfered with there 10am central time launch of this beta (but that's not there fault)

Tags
bioware, lucasarts, mmorpg, star wars, windows