AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-24, 22:52   Link #181
asunder
the ancient biter

everything's happening so fast! Before the series started airing, I figured the st malo part would end this season. Now I think the st. malo part will happen in the next few eps.

I'm sure other people have noticed rui in the sky high OP... will nodame s2 go past the manga material? I hope not :/
asunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 06:39   Link #182
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

So far I am enjoying the light hearted feeling of the series and the classic musical influence is certainly a plus. The animation style reminds me slightly of Honey and Clover which is a good thing IMO.

As to the critiques in this forum comparing the anime to the manga, if without reading the manga I feel that many fo them are a bit too harsh and a bit too expecting. The underlying theme of this series I would think is the character's love of music and the audience's as well along with the romantic playfulness.

The Nodame scene with the 70cm D cup lingerie got me a laugh though how they animate her doesn't fit the measurement unless she is good at hiding her bits. I also didn't realize that this is a second series with the same character until this episode. I will have to go back and watch the original Nodame Cantabile series.
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 20:08   Link #183
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Quote:
No way they are going to try to fit the entire second half in 11 episodes...especially considering the manga is still ongoing and his "second half" technically does not exist in full.
Well a lot of people are saying the manga is coming to an end very soon. Like within the next few volumes, but they could be wrong. Like I said, I'm not caught up.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 20:31   Link #184
MissInformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
Well a lot of people are saying the manga is coming to an end very soon. Like within the next few volumes, but they could be wrong. Like I said, I'm not caught up.
While there probably aren't too many chapters left, the mangaka is taking a maternity leave, so last I heard no one knows when it'll start up again.
MissInformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 06:45   Link #185
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Ep 3 was ok. Chiaki tsundere was fun, but a bit too blatant compared to the first series. I understand what they're trying to portray in this episode, but I don't feel it was executed well. It lacked the subtlety of the first season, and the jokes felt a bit forced.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 10:30   Link #186
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

If it's not because it's only a 11 episode series, I would have complain the show is going too damn fast but sadly it is WTF man!

The ED is so catchy, i cant help keep playing it over and over again.

Ep3 was still fun and enjoyable. Better than Ep2 which imo, is a bit too compressed for my liking.
Old 2008-10-26, 13:19   Link #187
MissInformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
Ep 3 was ok. Chiaki tsundere was fun, but a bit too blatant compared to the first series. I understand what they're trying to portray in this episode, but I don't feel it was executed well. It lacked the subtlety of the first season, and the jokes felt a bit forced.
It's not supposed to be as subtle, but it would actually make sense if so many character moments weren't cut out. That's why you see the manga readers complaining. It feels forced and/or sudden without more of the development. Still fun to watch, but if you don't know the story...some of it is like, or ....
MissInformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 19:10   Link #188
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Well, this episode was not bad at all, even though the "Prometheus torture" only referred to did not include the explanation why it was called so and they didn't show Elise in a swimsuit, Stresseman's claim that Chiaki had won not a conducting concour but a sexual harassment lawsuit was brilliant. "There is a lot of Chiaki-sempais" was great, too and a lot funnier than the same event in the manga.
Seems to me they decided to concentrate on the humour parts this time around but whiile they adapted these fun events very well in the process they skipped quite a bit of character development. So far in three episodes they have adapted two whole volumes, so I reckon they are aiming for an end somewhere in Volume 16.

Spoiler for things from the manga missing from the anime:

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 19:33   Link #189
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Spoiler for things from the manga missing from the anime:
If we keep in mind that they're trying to rush quite a lot of material into 11 episodes, then missing out those scenes kinda makes sense, though still like you pointed out, anime viewers are going to be missing quite a bit.

I guess the only way for full enjoyment is to read the manga alongside this.
Old 2008-10-26, 20:38   Link #190
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
I guess the only way for full enjoyment is to read the manga alongside this
Or watch the drama because all that stuff is included (well the male Chinese pianist was written out of the drama if I recall correctly

I did like this episode but I was upset that they left out the part when

Spoiler:

Although I have to admit I forget a lot of scenes that were missing until I read about them on here. Then I remember and i get upset. It's probably best not to think about it and just enjoy the anime for what it is.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 21:32   Link #191
SMage

Episode 3

This was a very enjoyable episode that had some good lulz and provides a precedent for an interesting (albeit predictable) direction for Chiaki's relationship with Nodame. Most of everything I've seen here has been done in the first series, but so long as each episode continues to be this fun, I'm willing to be on board.

Anyways, I'm starting to wonder if the reason my opinions seem to differ from so many other people's is because I never thought Nodame Cantabile was an excellent anime to begin with... (along with the fact that I've not read this far into the manga).
SMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 21:34   Link #192
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
The episode is all right but like someone said before, the jokes seem forced a couple of the times. As of late, I realize that I don't enjoy season 2 as much as Season 1. It's probably because of the pacing.

I haven't read the manga yet so I don't know what everyone is talking about. XD

As for the 11 episodes deal, why?! Why are they only making the second season 11 episodes? Everything will be rushed.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 22:14   Link #193
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
I guess I'm in the minority. I loved the first season and despite the sped up pacing, I'm still enjoying this series nearly as much as the first season. Besides, it's too early to tell overall. It's defintely not a bad second season at all so far imho.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 01:08   Link #194
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

This show is my favorite of the current season.

This episode was fantastic, looking forward for more~!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 13:37   Link #195
CWW
Lurker

I'm not even sure what people mean when they say the jokes are 'forced'.

One detail I like about the 2nd season is how you can hear Nodame botch up piano pieces. You can clearly hear in the background that she played Liszt's Transcendental Etude No.4 "Mazeppa" horribly. Whereas in the 1st season she played them flawlessly (Chopin's Etude 10-4 comes to mind), but somehow still got derided by the judges.

Anyway, I'm glad people enjoyed this as much as I have. I suppose the critics are proclaiming their opinions more loudly than us optimists.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 14:52   Link #196
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Man i love this series. Although i like season 1 more im loving the Paris arc very much. Chiaki has started his world tour which is where the real drama starts as Nodame starts to feel lonely and neglected and also the fact that she is not sure exactly why she is in Paris yet. I actually think during this period in the story is where Nodame shows more growth than she did in season 1. She finds what Milche and Chiaki have been wanting her to find her own niche in the musical world. Although things are moving kind of fast and things have been skipped over i am not disappointed at all. It only gets better from here hopefully they will add Chiaki's visit to Japan on he and Milche world tour.
Old 2008-10-27, 20:32   Link #197
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Love the ending song.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 00:19   Link #198
Falkor

Let’s see, I really had no intentions of posting in this thread, but my interest to find more information regarding a little something compelled me to do so… and instead of discovering such information, I was forced to take a glance at those passionate and inflammatory walls of text. Guys, have you ever tried the spoiler tags or the private messages? Not everybody can follow a discussion comparing the anime and the source material, and not everybody wants to know about the missing stuff in full detail…

So, after going through 10 pages of this thread, nobody “really noticed” the ending song for this particular anime. It’s sung in delicious French by solita, while the background music is played by violinist Emiri Miyamoto. I found some information on Emiri (I’m grateful that google exist), but I can’t seem to find any relevant information (or any information at all) on solita, the one who is singing the song… I think somebody mentioned this “problem” on his blog, but that was back at the beginning of the fall season. 3 episodes later, I thought more information would eventually come up, guess not…

so, who is Emiri Miyamoto?

From what I've been able to gather so far, she is a violinist who had been training/studying in Germany for 10 years. She started playing the violin when she was 7 years old and has recently (?) released an album. (I heard a similar story somewhere... ) She plays really nice music, focused entirely on violin. I tried "youtubing" her name, and some nice pieces came out as result. She definitely has talent, but I wished there was more available...

The ending single is coming out on play-asia on November 12--for those interested to know...
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 23:35   Link #199
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Ep 3 article is up:

[RIUVA] Nodame Cantabile ~Paris Chapter~, Episode 3

A little late (well, not really "a little"), but you guys wanna read it anyway, if only for Akira's analysis of Mazeppa.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 00:05   Link #200
nanafan
horo fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Man i love this series. Although i like season 1 more im loving the Paris arc very much. Chiaki has started his world tour which is where the real drama starts as Nodame starts to feel lonely and neglected and also the fact that she is not sure exactly why she is in Paris yet. I actually think during this period in the story is where Nodame shows more growth than she did in season 1. She finds what Milche and Chiaki have been wanting her to find her own niche in the musical world. Although things are moving kind of fast and things have been skipped over i am not disappointed at all. It only gets better from here hopefully they will add Chiaki's visit to Japan on he and Milche world tour.
i agree that the paris arc is showing more growth for nodame while chiaki is gone she is doing her best to be able to match him in her own way. i like this season, i still love the first season, but this one is good too.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, josei, musical, nodame cantabile, noitamina