I must own that Nendoroid Arawn.
Old 2009-07-28, 14:00   Link #1222
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You and me both :3 As I said before if I could Id collect those things. Arawn's is great since it comes with the WTF face XD
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 15:35   Link #1223
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Ergh have to wait another week til Arawn-sama returns D:
I was a little surprised that they showed his return in the preview. I would have held off on that particular detail to save as a surprise. Or maybe they felt that most viewers were getting impatient about his return and needed to be reassured it was coming?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
You and me both :3 As I said before if I could Id collect those things. Arawn's is great since it comes with the WTF face XD
*smug* I have it on order.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2009-07-28 at 15:38. Reason: added comment about Arawn's return
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 15:44   Link #1224
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Which site have you preordered it on?
Old 2009-07-28, 15:48   Link #1225
LKK

Quote:
Which site have you preordered it on?
CD Japan I'm a little confused as to whether you can still preorder it though. The page has conflicting information on it.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2009-07-28, 16:03   Link #1226
xizro345
King's Justice

Comparison time as usual, and I wouldn't call "Until" an insert song in the PS3 version, cannot say more about that at this point though.

Spoiler for Ps3 - anime comparison:
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 16:32   Link #1227
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

I wouldn't be surprised if Arthur isn't the only one returning.

As for the ED, hate is such a harsh word. I just believe that old things, who has enjoyed its glories for so long, should make way for new ones. :P

Besides, I get wet translating lyrics. :3
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 17:12   Link #1228
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
I was a little surprised that they showed his return in the preview. I would have held off on that particular detail to save as a surprise. Or maybe they felt that most viewers were getting impatient about his return and needed to be reassured it was coming?
I was surprised too but Im also one of those impatient viewers

Quote:

I know
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 18:17   Link #1229
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

finally caught up after missing a couple of episodes and I gotta say the animation is still top notch and loving it. And lmao, I laughed hard at the Rathty missile. I wished that happened in the game XD
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 18:33   Link #1230
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Besides, I get wet translating lyrics. :3
Um... I think we could have done without that particular piece of information.

Old 2009-07-28, 20:33   Link #1231
Bri

Felt so weird seeing Riannon take charge in ep 16. Must be the association with Mikuru Asahina playing tricks on me.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 22:52   Link #1232
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Felt so weird seeing Riannon take charge in ep 16. Must be the association with Mikuru Asahina playing tricks on me.
next thing u know, riannon will should mikuru beam to save the day
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 08:07   Link #1233
Riverl

Actually I think Gaius wasn't so stupid when he decided to conquer the Gael before fighting the Empire
He's not seeking justice or reforming the Empire, he want to become king and build his own nation from the foundation the Empire created, a good one, but not just anyone's, he wanted it to be his, this was hinted by the conversation with Arawn when they first met.
Putting aside the trouble some part that is convincing the Gael to believe him, if he were to cooperate with the Gael, his force will be just refugees or at least territory-less if they don't want to be absorbed into the Gael or Bringantes, because the port and bases are allied with the Empire while the land around either belong to the Brigantes or the Gael, and sure as hell the Gael/Brigantes wont accept him as the leader of the alliance if they actually agreed to partner up with him, Arawn's charisma would be a thorn in his side.
Thus he need to take out the Gael's leadership, then taking over Avalon, make it his first fortress and assimilate the survivor into his faction; subduing the Brigantes wouldn't be so hard after gaining such a foothold. Arawn in a coma is his perfect chance to do this.
Enemy of enemy =/= friend
Spoiler for PC spoiler about Avalon:

Last edited by Riverl; 2009-07-29 at 09:54.
Riverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 09:49   Link #1234
klare

finally Arthur made a wise decision... but next time please get a horse!

after some HelmsDeep action for 2 eps, Return of the King is next

Spoiler for i am amazed by:
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 13:10   Link #1235
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post

after some HelmsDeep action for 2 eps, Return of the King is next

Spoiler for i am amazed by:
lol.. it looked like they were laying await for Arthur to show up again since his last visit and to make favorable impression. And yes, someone give him a horse. He can work on his cardio after the crisis is over.

Episode 17 wasn't too bad, but episode 18..... oh boy... the preview indicates very good animated movement for the episode. Plus, all the dramatics that will be taking place. I've been salivating for a while now. I can't wait to see Arwan wake up.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 14:34   Link #1236
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
lol.. it looked like they were laying await for Arthur to show up again since his last visit and to make favorable impression.
We'll probably never get a definitive answer on how long Brigantes has been ready for mobilization. But I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't been preparing since Taliesin first learned about Arawn's return to Avalon. I'm sure Taliesin wanting to know more about Arawn prompted his sudden appearance at the Gael hunting camp in that early episode. Brigantes has probably been preparing for battle ever since that day since it seemd likely they would be pulled into one side or the other of the upcoming conflict.

Old 2009-07-29, 14:37   Link #1237
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

They were the biggest tribe there, so its no surprise since if not for gael they would have been the target sooner or later.
Old 2009-07-29, 14:58   Link #1238
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
We'll probably never get a definitive answer on how long Brigantes has been ready for mobilization. But I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't been preparing since Taliesin first learned about Arawn's return to Avalon. I'm sure Taliesin wanting to know more about Arawn prompted his sudden appearance at the Gael hunting camp in that early episode. Brigantes has probably been preparing for battle ever since that day since it seemd likely they would be pulled into one side or the other of the upcoming conflict.
I agree with your assessment. As soon as the empire has tragetted this little tribe, it should have put every other tribe on the alert. It still didn't mean those tribe could have stood up to the empire until now. Arthur's group has accomplished extraordinary things thus far, so Brigantes is wise to take the chance for reform by teaming up with Arthur.

edit: looks like Cats is also on similar line of thoughts.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 12:28   Link #1239
KeroFaria

Send a message via MSN to KeroFaria Send a message via Yahoo to KeroFaria
came back here after such a long time

these recent episodes have made me doubt about the main protagonist of the show! I mean it was all Arthur Arthur.......... & Arthur! (although I really don't mind that... since HE is my favorite character ) and watching these recent episodes carefully, it seems to me that Arthur has a better chance with Awran than any of Awran's wives . Hints: Awran still waiting... (for who? ) ...Awran asking Pwyll "But what about the most important person?" ...

Coming to my opinion about the recent episodes: 15, 16 & 17... I think they were really cool, although I found episode 17 somewhat slow. I mean Arthur took so much time just to get to the Brigantes tribe's area. But that's no surprise... coz he was running on his feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
hehe I do agree about the horse part... I was thinking about the same thing when I was watching episode17.

Well, hopefully episode 18 will be more interesting as Arthur charges along with the Brigantes against Gaius's troops and Arthur & Gaius seems to have a battle too... and of course the demon king will return as well
KeroFaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 13:17   Link #1240
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Just seen ep 18
Spoiler for ep 18:

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox