AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

View Poll Results: AnoHana - Episode 11 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 144 54.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 62 23.66%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 4.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 6.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 2.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 2.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.53%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 2.29%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-26, 05:36   Link #161
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I thought the episode was great. Regardless of whether the ending resolved everything, or whether it was over-dramatic, I have to give it to the series for ending very neatly. That the group got to say goodbye and have started to move on in the 'right' direction(I especially liked how Poppo's studying to get back to school) was the best thing I could've wished for.

The dialogue towards the end where everyone said goodbye coalesced into one enormous lump of cliched one-liners, but I can forgive it, given how well its executed.

Lastly, I see Mari Okadas name thrown around a lot, but I don't think Tatsuyuki Nagai gets enough credit. Nagai did a really good job in breathing life into these characters, and in my opinion he's what made this ending great. A different director might've turned Okada's script(which for this final episode already isn't the best) into a mess.
Old 2011-06-26, 06:11   Link #162
CruelAngelsThesis
loves you

I cried a bunch at the end T_T great series and overall one of my favorite animes thats ever come I could really understand how the characters felt at some points, but meh, greeeat series Tears at me though that menma and jintan can't be together!~~

Last edited by CruelAngelsThesis; 2011-06-26 at 07:04.
Old 2011-06-26, 09:37   Link #163
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Goddamn! T_T

That ED fucking gets me every time. ;__;

My vision was blurred when they started opening up those letters. I had to stop watching it.

Pretty cool show.
Old 2011-06-26, 09:51   Link #164
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelAngelsThesis View Post
I cried a bunch at the end T_T great series and overall one of my favorite animes thats ever come I could really understand how the characters felt at some points, but meh, greeeat series Tears at me though that menma and jintan can't be together!~~

The fact that Menma and Jintan couldn't get together also made me cry! I'm a huge fan of happy endings, so if I was the director, I probably would've did a deus ex machina and had Menma come to life to be together with Jintan.
Old 2011-06-26, 09:56   Link #165
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Lol Ascaloth. I could be quoting one of the few people and I just happened to quote you, so don't take it personally.

What Pellissier said inspired me to go through my animelist though and guess what I found: Asatte no Houkou. A 12-episode show that has one supernatural element and the rest is slice-of-life. If you like Anohana and haven't watched it yet, you should give it a try. I would call it a must-watch of its genre; in fact, I have suggested it to many people who asked for recommendations of that genre. Loved it. Am I suggesting it as a comparison to Anohana? I don't know. The two shows are different enough but yet similar enough in many ways.

Sorry, can't wait to say this before the overall impression thread opens.
Old 2011-06-26, 11:56   Link #166
deadite

The anime of Asatte no Houkou deviates much from the manga though... and no one has translated the remaining chapters..

Anyway, someone had a great idea of a bonus episode or gaiden for Ano Hana:

Anaru helps a girl in her school reconcile with her boyfriend
Poppo stops a girl from committing suicide on the bridge.
Tsuruko helps a struggling artist in her art club find his inspiration.
Yukiatsu attends to a terminally ill little girl
Jinta helps a boy stand up to his bullies and become his own man.
A girl in her senior year who has not yet made plans with her life contemplates in the forest beside a little forget-me-not flower.
Old 2011-06-26, 20:24   Link #167
TrippedUp

If those stories somehow interconnected, that would be great
Old 2011-06-27, 00:28   Link #168
Parappa

That was a great finale. I just feel something is missing. I need more Menma x Jintan!! They would have made such a great couple. Maybe they could make a 'alternative' series where she doesn't die. Call it 'Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Buku-tach wa Mada Shiranai TRUE ROUTE'. Maybe they might be older? I'm not asking for too much am I?
Old 2011-06-27, 00:44   Link #169
fazer

An alternative series sure sounds interesting, as much as I like to see Menma and Jinta together, I still prefer Anjo and Jinta pairing though.

But I wonder what kind of conflict would exist for each and everyone in this alternate reality.

Assuming Menma didn't died, Jinta and Menma ends up together, will Yukiatsu still be be in love with Menma, Anjo still be in love with Jinta and Tsuruko with Yukiatsu?
Old 2011-06-27, 00:45   Link #170
Cabrini6000

i was crying a little bit in the beginning, but when Poppo started to cry, i broke down in tears. Its a little embarassing, but I don't think I cried that much ever because of an anime. But, I have to say, some of it was happy tears.
For this episode, and the whole show:
10/10

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2011-06-27, 08:16   Link #171
Blue Cat
Feel the Ether

What an emotional series. Really couldn't hold it back during the last two episodes. It may just be the best the anime I've seen and without doubt the most emotionally engaging. I felt the conclusion was good but I'm going to miss these characters a lot now.
Old 2011-06-27, 09:19   Link #172
dxong

It has been some time since I last dropped that many tears. Great story and I am gonna miss the characters!

Spoiler for Ending Scene:
Old 2011-06-27, 09:40   Link #173
deadite

Does anyone know the sequential order of the flash backs?

Muffin scene
Visit to the hospital
Menma's talk with Toko
Founding of the "Super Peace Busters"
Menma tells Satoshi to guard the house
Beetle Hunt
That Faithful Day when time stopped
Old 2011-06-27, 10:42   Link #174
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Manly tears were shed.

Oh, who am I kidding, I bawled like a baby - my daughter even made fun of me (and she's only 5). This was an unexpected gem, that I started watching because of a throwaway comment on another thread and I couldn't have been happier about it. Loved almost everything about it - from the characters to the music to the actual story - and the few gripes I had can be easily overlooked.

So far, best series of the year, for me. Looking forward to the next big thing from this team.

Old 2011-06-27, 14:35   Link #175
Tager

I enjoyed this series very much, i didn't cry but was on the verge of doing so, I feel wrong to have not though...
Old 2011-06-27, 15:00   Link #176
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

definitely well worth the watch. loved it, very emotional.
Old 2011-06-27, 17:52   Link #177
Millenia
Emotional Shoujo Girl

Send a message via MSN to Millenia
Best anime 2011 for me!
Need more anime that makes me cry!
Old 2011-06-28, 00:13   Link #178
Forsaken_Infinity

Wow. I seriously didn't expect such a strong ending after being somewhat let down by the last couple of episodes (mostly because I have a bias against supernatural elements and that was the last thing I wanted them to go and partly because I dislike people refusing to change like pretty much every character in this show were). But this ending was absolutely perfect. I am most impressed. Despite some flaws, this was one great anime. And although I still have some complaints about character development and the amount of focus provided to each of the characters, it did all come together quite magnificently at the end. Well played.
Old 2011-06-28, 01:38   Link #179
deadite

It's more realistic that the characters are selfish and don't change. Also, why do a lot of people find supernatural, or in this case, magical realism like 100 years of solitude?
Old 2011-06-28, 15:04   Link #180
Kokoru Asami
*Graphic Designer

I cried and laughed and give it a perfect ten!
I loved this series for what it is and nothing else it really hit hard!

Lol at the double eyelashes!

JintanxAnaru !!!