AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 32
10: Amazing... 1 2.78%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 1 2.78%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 13 36.11%
7 out of 10: Good... 7 19.44%
6 out of 10: Average... 9 25.00%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 2 5.56%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 2 5.56%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 2.78%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-20, 16:00   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I had to laugh at the bribe being a bad of freaking coins. Couldn't just slip her a card with some money eh?

Did think she was going to be a Vagan, but in the end went with something simpler. Of course made it easier for her to be attacked since she wasn't one of them. Really the only place for her to go is to be killed in battle. This should be interesting since its the first loss by Kio, but since Shanalua was human it doesn't humanize the Vagans for him in any respect. Should be out there in a pained rage next time.

Not sure if Flit lecturing the captain will help her build confidence. At least though he's trying to do something instead of outright stealing the job from her.
Old 2012-05-20, 16:26   Link #22
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I had to laugh at the bribe being a bad of freaking coins. Couldn't just slip her a card with some money eh?

Did think she was going to be a Vagan, but in the end went with something simpler. Of course made it easier for her to be attacked since she wasn't one of them. Really the only place for her to go is to be killed in battle. This should be interesting since its the first loss by Kio, but since Shanalua was human it doesn't humanize the Vagans for him in any respect. Should be out there in a pained rage next time.

Not sure if Flit lecturing the captain will help her build confidence. At least though he's trying to do something instead of outright stealing the job from her.
Simple, that was a cheap christian Analogy of the 30 Coins of Silver(here Gold, at least was of bigger value) in the Judas Iscariot Betrayal, but have some Fridge Brillance somehow, Using either Electronic Money(we never saw before coins or bill, Isn't it) would let a 'trace' about were the money come, but selling the gold of the coins will never arouse suspicious.. but still was a very Narm Scene.

That and the 'Veigan' who bride Shanalua was looking pretty similar who killed her...

The chapter wasn't THAT bad as the people mention it, Weak and very Predicatble? Yes thanks to the Spoiler leaks and with that 'Coins scene' killed the moment, but still have some funny 'calm before the storm' moment like the 'Dinner with Woobit' and how Arisa looks pretty overprotective(using that for the alternate universe fic) and the 'jealous' face of Wendy about how 'reactive' was Kio with Shanalua.

Kio now have lost his first love, much live his grandfather and how his father was owned by his lov... Friend in this second official mission, and what looks, Kio will enter the 'RAGE MODE' and will very dangerous in that one, at least something good come from this.

(Which one Bet that 'Fram Nara' will be a brainwashed Shanalua's Sister?)

In general would have better this one, but wasn't that bad and was decent.

7.5/10
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 16:41   Link #23
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
Using either Electronic Money(we never saw before coins or bill, Isn't it) would let a 'trace' about were the money come, but selling the gold of the coins will never arouse suspicious..
I was thinking of that too when I first saw it. But then again, given how well the Vagans have hidden on Earth all these years, they shouldn't have a problem erasing their tracks when it comes to money transfer.

And as far as suspicion goes, I would think a bag of gold coins beyond a Lieutenant's pay grade would arouse more suspicion than some form of electronic payment.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 17:07   Link #24
Liquidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
that and he's like wearing a hooded robe!
Liquidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 17:27   Link #25
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
LOL. yea they could also have forgiven her and allowed her stay on the ship as a pilot; after all, treason is not a very big deal, specially since there is no precedent of the Federation cracking down on traitors...
Ever read Sun Tzu's Art of War? Shanalua would have been a perfect pawn for a converted spy or doomed spy.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 17:34   Link #26
Vsin
Aldracity

I'm going to use a ton of really bent logic to explain the coins...

The Federation relies heavily on a credit system, which would also allow people to track the transactions. As a result, a cash system doesn't really exist either. However, Shanalua can get paid by being given solid objects (eg: gold coins) and have them sold. It's vaguely similar to the current system where people order solid lumps of gold for their gold investments.

But yeah, that was kinda pushing it.

As for the episode...I'd have given it a 7/10 if the entire plot of the episode wasn't so massively telegraphed by the previous episode's developments and preview. I mean for crying out loud, they could've used the whiteout helmet shot instead of actually showing her face in the preview. At least then it would only be obvious to people who've seen the cliche before.

As for the plan involving wrecking a Wrozzo...ehhh, that was iffy. Maybe if it was remote controlled, but you can clearly hear the sound of the cockpit opening. I do like the Z'gok homage though.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 17:53   Link #27
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

there's just so many things wrong with how the scene went down. Why didn't she open a com line with the Vagans and tell em "hey I'm your spy, my cover is blown don't shoot me"? Granted there's always the chance they'll just try to dispose of her since she really wasn't of much value, but still, it's worth a try.
Old 2012-05-20, 18:50   Link #28
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Not a bad episode. The spy stuff was really predictable, I admit, and it was pulled incredibly fast. But that has always been AGE's routine. Seeing the cameo colored Adele's was cool, and the Wrozzo was neat as well. Seemed kinda short though, maybe I was just too into it or something.

Either way, I enjoyed it.

7/10
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 20:18   Link #29
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Not bad. Somewhat simplistic premise, but overall it gave me some UC Jaburo vibes. I should NOT have watched this after Unicorn episode 5.

6/10
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 20:22   Link #30
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
there's just so many things wrong with how the scene went down. Why didn't she open a com line with the Vagans and tell em "hey I'm your spy, my cover is blown don't shoot me"? Granted there's always the chance they'll just try to dispose of her since she really wasn't of much value, but still, it's worth a try.
Not really. If she went with the Vagans, then what? She starts living with them? It doesn't even seem like she ever encountered any Vagan other than that guy who gave her the gold, so would she even want to do that? Would the Vagans accept her? Furthermore, what about her sister? No way she'd ever see her again if she went with the Vagans.

Like she said, her cover's blown, so she really had nowhere to run.
Old 2012-05-20, 20:34   Link #31
Scorpiopt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
Not bad. Somewhat simplistic premise, but overall it gave me some UC Jaburo vibes. I should NOT have watched this after Unicorn episode 5.

6/10
your not alone there , the all battle even the location points to a Jaburo copy wich sucks i hoped for something new , not something i already saw
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 20:49   Link #32
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Eh, spying hardly ever ends well. Grandpa Flit's not gonna be happy that Kio disobeyed orders. 6/10
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 20:51   Link #33
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitem View Post
Eh, spying hardly ever ends well. Grandpa Flit's not gonna be happy that Kio disobeyed orders. 6/10
But Unlike Asemu, Kio is not a Soldier, he is like a Milicia(like in The Patriot), and Flit is not longer in the army, that Ojii-san Flit will be mad... that is true, but beside a Nag or Brightslap... is not more that he can do.
Old 2012-05-20, 22:27   Link #34
Dark Wing

I don't think this episode was as bad as everyone made it out to be either. Well Kio's child like innocence has been busted into a million pieces time to grow up little Kio.
Old 2012-05-20, 22:48   Link #35
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Earth cannot defend itself from Vegan w/o the Asunos...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 01:17   Link #36
EroKing

Spoiler for This pattern:

Old 2012-05-21, 09:24   Link #37
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Spoiler for This pattern:

The 'Envy' Kill my friend, we were grateful that Romary never thing of Arisa as a rival, because if yes... we will not have Woobit Right Now... is like the Asuno womens are always 'the second love'.
Old 2012-05-21, 09:47   Link #38
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Eh? Who do you think was Asemu's first? Zeheart?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 10:29   Link #39
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Knew she was going to die just hoping it would work out differently somehow.

8/10

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 12:22   Link #40
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Eh? Who do you think was Asemu's first? Zeheart?
Just the thought
This was reversed I guess, Asemu -> Romary (possibly) -> Zeheart (unnatural interest) -> Asemu.

I do wonder what happened to that Super Soldier program Flit made, the one with training the new generation of X-rounder? Considering how massive the army is, finding and training a couple of X-rounders shouldn't be a problem, like the Magician's Eight (which sadly turned out to be fodder).

Tags
weekly episode discussion