AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-03, 12:52   Link #821
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I come to think of Daikuuriku to be an artificially-made moon product of humanity's lost science and technology.

Much like Prestale is from Last Exile.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 21:27   Link #822
wrex_japan

Simoun episode 14

Episode 14 deals with the nature of the simoun; whether is a holy object or just a machine. Wapourif has to make a tough decision. Here's my quick summary. I'll add more detail tomorrow.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-03, 22:41   Link #823
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

How do they do it? Another great, deep, emotional episode. Very little happened, you might say, but what did went straight to my heart. wrex's summary is right on.
Spoiler for ep14:
Oh, wait. I guess a lot did happen after all. Have I mentioned before how wonderful I think this show is?

EDIT:
Spoiler for some comments from 2channel:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-07-04 at 01:51.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 00:20   Link #824
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
Yes, I have to agree.
14 was another great episode.
How can they cover our reality to such a deep level on the basis of that unrealistic setting and stuff?

Spoiler:

Well, It seems we got to have many things to know from now on...
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 01:08   Link #825
fignae
floofer. floof.

Spoiler for episode 14:
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 01:13   Link #826
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Simoun is surprising me so far. Someone recommended it and I downloaded it on a whim, and almost threw it out when I saw that not only was it mecha it was yuri mecha; two genres which more often than not, produce shows that really fucking suck. Since the subs are pretty far behind the raws, I can only hope it stays as good and doesn't degenerate into something that was plainly created just to feature cute girls kissing.

How hard it must be for the fansubbers, translating all those irregular words. Thanks Doremi.
Old 2006-07-04, 01:56   Link #827
randomlurker123
Stalker 101

i haven;'t seen the ep yet ... still dl/ing but do u guys think dominula actually saw something , whereas techie guy didn't , cos he aready gone to the spring ?
Old 2006-07-04, 03:06   Link #828
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas
Simoun is surprising me so far. Someone recommended it and I downloaded it on a whim, and almost threw it out when I saw that not only was it mecha it was yuri mecha; two genres which more often than not, produce shows that really fucking suck. Since the subs are pretty far behind the raws, I can only hope it stays as good and doesn't degenerate into something that was plainly created just to feature cute girls kissing.

How hard it must be for the fansubbers, translating all those irregular words. Thanks Doremi.

Mecha where??? I dont see any...
Old 2006-07-04, 08:36   Link #829
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlurker123
i haven;'t seen the ep yet ... still dl/ing but do u guys think dominula actually saw something , whereas techie guy didn't , cos he aready gone to the spring ?
Wapourif is a gal ^_~ and she may not have been able to see what Dominuura had seen because she was not a sibylla; in other words, only priestesses can see that which is sacred.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 08:40   Link #830
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex_japan
Wapourif is a gal ^_~ and she may not have been able to see what Dominuura had seen because she was not a sibylla; in other words, only priestesses can see that which is sacred.
No, Wapourif is a guy. The "-f" always indicates masculinity, and there was on-screen dialogue back in episode 3 establishing that he had chosen to be male when he went to the Spring two years ago. He only went two years ago, however, and whatever process turns people male hasn't had time to fully complete yet for him, which is why his breasts haven't been completely reabsorbed. (They must have been quite large to begin with.)
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 09:08   Link #831
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlurker123
I dont think she saw something... it happend something is more for me...

You dont get my point?. If im right. She cannot fly anymore.... Episode 02...

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 09:24   Link #832
DaFool
Resident devil

No, that girl is not Wapourif, its a different person (forget her name now), but I don't think she's (now he) featured any longer. Whereas Wapourif the maintenance manager has been around for some time.

And Dominura certainly knows a hell of a LOT more than other peeps on Chor Tempest, even the squadron leaders, so I don't know if anything she does or notices is actually 'revelation'....not gotten to ep14 yet by the way, so I may still be ignorant.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 09:30   Link #833
Seska

And again, im wondering about Aeru. Not even in near the ship, and she sense taht someone is crying... What is Aeru?

Mfg,
Seska
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 09:44   Link #834
randomlurker123
Stalker 101

Arnold Swarz ... la vista baby ..
Old 2006-07-04, 09:53   Link #835
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Spoiler for episode 14:
Old 2006-07-04, 10:49   Link #836
randomlurker123
Stalker 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
No, that girl is not Wapourif, its a different person (forget her name now), but I don't think she's (now he) featured any longer. Whereas Wapourif the maintenance manager has been around for some time.

And Dominura certainly knows a hell of a LOT more than other peeps on Chor Tempest, even the squadron leaders, so I don't know if anything she does or notices is actually 'revelation'....not gotten to ep14 yet by the way, so I may still be ignorant.
the girl is erif (ep02) but warpourif did explain to morinas that he had gone to spring 2yrs ago (and become male) in the ep where morinas arrived and join the fleet.
Old 2006-07-04, 11:09   Link #837
xat
*Fansubber

Quote:
The difficulty is all on the viewers, unfortunately; being subjected to inconsistent translations and all. I'm inclined to believe that the terminology established outside our releases is more accurate, but I don't mind either way.

Doremi's Sim05 will be out soon; things should pick up due to our recent resource allocation.
xat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 11:35   Link #838
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
How hard it must be for the fansubbers, translating all those irregular words.
It's actually not hard -- the technical jargon sticks out of the dialogue like a sore thumb. And coming up with the correct translation for the jargon itself is easier than you'd think, because it's mostly Latin, with a smattering of Greek and French. On top of that, there's a lot of supplementary information available out there: the official website, the staff blog, the Wikipedia article, this forum, and other places. Trying to approach this series like any other fansub, just by listening to the dialogue, would be difficult, but fortunately, we don't have to do that.

Once you understand what all of the jargon means and how it fits together, it's logically self-consistent, and easy to use. In our sub, we're trying to do as good a job as we can of explaining all this to the viewer through the dialogue, and we hope that after a few episodes, it'll seem logical to the viewers, too.
Old 2006-07-04, 15:14   Link #839
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for Aaeru, Dominura, etc., in ep14:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-07-04 at 17:28.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 15:48   Link #840
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
2ch character poll

poll page
This is different from official poll and it's still going on.
one vote per day is allowed, with character's name in << >>.
The following is the weekly result.

Spoiler:

Last edited by warainagara; 2006-07-04 at 21:58.
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri