AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 28
10: Amazing... 4 8.33%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 4 8.33%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 13 27.08%
7 out of 10: Good... 12 25.00%
6 out of 10: Average... 7 14.58%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 5 10.42%
4 out of 10: Poor... 3 6.25%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-22, 04:35   Link #21
bio9205
Reborn

That looks like it has the Zeta's wings.

Anyway, pretty lacking episode. Quite disappointed. The lack of excitement, the lame new Vagan MS (Seriously. Its colours are odd, its face looks nothing like the other Vagan suits, and its fight as the final boss was pretty boring), and the sudden blooming of the Asem x Romary relationship that seemed to have come out of nowhere.

The only thing that got me excited about this episode was the preview for the 3rd gen, and confirmation that Zeheart's still alive. Blergh.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 04:43   Link #22
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

im excited for AGE-3 now, bring it on!!! Zeheart in cold sleep

Gundam AGE has a nice story but one thing bothers me though with how high technology the Vagan's are why cannot they achieve Terraforming mars already -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 04:44   Link #23
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
- I find the wedding of Asemu and Romary funny, I don't know why.
Cause Flit didn't show up?

Well, I think it has more to do with just how bad they made things look between them before deciding to make it look fine only last episode so ...
Quote:
- So Algreus is innocent? So the unexpected happened.
I guess he was a red herring after all, though it's surprising that they never went anywhere with him. Or Obright for that matter ...
Quote:
- Good thing that the white Age-2 appeared only once. It's too white for Gundam (except for Unicorn that was really made to be white).
Hey, to be fair, the Gundam is the White Devil. But yeah, the AGE-2 in the white overall is just plain ugly. I'm just glad it was just a tribute and nothing more like Asem becoming more like Wolf or something of the like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Now, the marriage scene montage deserved a full episode, so it does feel a little rushed
It was corny, but at least this generation ended up on a better note with it's romance compared to the last one, even if the tone made it look more like they were trying to make things look brighter, even when everything ended up being worse overall for the war situation ...
Old 2012-04-22, 04:47   Link #24
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
im excited for AGE-3 now, bring it on!!! Zeheart in cold sleep

Gundam AGE has a nice story but one thing bothers me though with how high technology the Vagan's are why cannot they achieve Terraforming mars already -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming
Why spend resources and money on colonizing a planet that has caused some much grief? Mars is a lost cause in AGE, Earth is the priority.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 04:48   Link #25
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Zehart being in Gen3 half-confirms that Asemu will be in it.
Old 2012-04-22, 04:51   Link #26
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Unless Kio will be the one to end Zeheart, just like Asemu ending Desil

I don't hope that is the case though
Old 2012-04-22, 04:53   Link #27
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
It was corny, but at least this generation ended up on a better note with it's romance compared to the last one, even if the tone made it look more like they were trying to make things look brighter, even when everything ended up being worse overall for the war situation ...
Noticed that Obright was also missing in the wedding. Maybe the blonde in crowd was their proxy? The whole wedding scene does deserved atleast a half episode just to finalize the time skip, considering how they developed Romary's character (compared to Remi) in this chapter. Alas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Thus the final grandpa X father X son final battle scene now possible.
Old 2012-04-22, 04:55   Link #28
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

I think Asemu is going to be the big reveal next ep, kinda like Yunoa.
Old 2012-04-22, 05:00   Link #29
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Err, they already explained at the end of the first generation that they couldn't do it, and that the mission was a failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Also ''confirms'' that he will be the one to lead them to peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Noticed that Obright was also missing in the wedding. Maybe the blonde in crowd was their proxy? The whole wedding scene does deserved atleast a half episode just to finalize the time skip, considering how they developed Romary's character (compared to Remi) in this chapter. Alas...
Yeah, that's really the thing that bothers me about it. They are trying to make this generation look like it ended on a positive note, when in fact it was just as bad as a situation as it was with Generation 1. There have been a lot of deaths, a lot of pain, a lot of loss, many didn't get the proper closer they deserved, Romary and Asem didn't develop that much together etc.

I agree that it should've gotten more time. Actually, I always argued that AGE deserves more time to properly flesh out all the cast and ideas in it, but alas indeed.

I guess it's just like I was told over on twitter: '''When they have lemons, they make LEMONAGE.'' lol
Old 2012-04-22, 05:03   Link #30
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Why spend resources and money on colonizing a planet that has caused some much grief? Mars is a lost cause in AGE, Earth is the priority.
that is a half baked argument in my opinion, since im relating it to the current status of earth now, if extreme climate change brought by global warming becomes a real threat to humanity then their is no doubt to put more resources on the research on Terraforming technology, so with this scenario its easily applicable to Vagans situation on their planet Mars

but ye that is only a minor problem in most viewers of this show i suppose, but to me knowing the term Terraforming makes it a major flaw on the story, but still im liking this show so far, im excited on AGE-3

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Err, they already explained at the end of the first generation that they couldn't do it, and that the mission was a failure.
either i miss that or that im really forgetful now since i got so much anime to watch, can you specify what episode they explain that?
Old 2012-04-22, 05:12   Link #31
Key Board
Carbon

Terraforming is a hard thing to do

remember that Vagans FAILED to terraform mars
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 05:15   Link #32
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
that is a half baked argument in my opinion, since im relating it to the current status of earth now.
See, you can't do that. Because the Earth in AGE is not our Earth. It's a fictional Earth, with giant robots. So no, my argument isn't half baked, yours is.
Old 2012-04-22, 05:18   Link #33
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

ok ive just googled a little and found out that it was on Episode 15, although they never specifically said they Terraform Mars though so to me after watching that scene again its as though the Mars Colonization Project is just putting space colonies on Mars orbit, but thinking about it more now it was an implied Terraforming project none the less, its not just the Terraforming kind of technological method i have in mind

Quote:
See, you can't do that. Because the Earth in AGE is not our Earth. It's a fictional Earth, with giant robots. So no, my argument isn't half baked, yours is.
lol well believe what you like to believe, but wow i got no idea you cannot base something on another similar scenario though that is so news to me
even Gundam AGE is still based on the original Gundam well the GIST of it, ye that is the correct term the GIST of it XD
Old 2012-04-22, 05:29   Link #34
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
ok ive just googled a little and found out that it was on Episode 15, although they never specifically said they Terraform Mars though so to me after watching that scene again its as though the Mars Colonization Project is just putting space colonies on Mars orbit, but thinking about it more now it was an implied Terraforming project none the less, its not just the Terraforming kind of technological method i have in mind

lol well believe what you like to believe, but wow i got no idea you cannot base something on another similar scenario though that is so news to me
even Gundam AGE is still based on the original Gundam well the GIST of it, ye that is the correct term the GIST of it XD
All I'm saying is that you cannot compare our Earth to a fictional one. There is no way of telling that the Earth is in a bad condition in AGE. Given the technology already in the AGE universe.. If global warming was a problem at one point, it was probably stopped.
Old 2012-04-22, 05:32   Link #35
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

A good episode, however, as an conclusion to Asemu's arc, it sucks. I really want his arc ends with a big fight and bang, but instead we have a single episode took place a year after the big final battle. Although I'm glad that they have time to have a wedding montage for Asemu and Romary, but they both could use more character development. I like how much Asemu has grown as a character, he speaks more mature and calm. Still, it seems his relationship with his father is still rather cold.

Flit exposed the corruption within the government and made it clear that he is still hell bent on exterminating every single Vagan. While it is true that you can't protect anything without fighting, it seems that Flit is going into a never ending cycle of revenge and hatred. I really wonder how his story will end.

It is COLD that he doesn't even turn up for his son's wedding
Old 2012-04-22, 05:33   Link #36
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
All I'm saying is that you cannot compare our Earth to a fictional one. There is no way of telling that the Earth is in a bad condition in AGE. Given the technology already in the AGE universe.. If global warming was a problem at one point, it was probably stopped.
im all aware of the fact that Gundam AGE is fiction no denying that

but all im saying is the GIST of it, both Mars toxic condition on Gundam AGE and extreme Global Warming on earth are related by the GIST of "Making the Planet Habitable" and thus in one word its called "Terraforming"

hope i cleared my explanation more now
Old 2012-04-22, 05:46   Link #37
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

I'm very curious on what exactly did the corrupts brought to the Vagan. The way the corrupted was weeded out seems too easy, not that i really mind though. Its nice to see a united EFF against the Vagan, but honestly we never really see the full implications on what the corrupts did . I mean we knew that the covering up of the Mars event was what that (probably) led Vagan's counterattack, but still other then that i don't recall anything that the corrupts did that was 'game-changing'. It's possible that EFF's lack of advanced MS compared to vagan was a result of the treaty, but i find it weird that the corrupts would stop people from accessing old MS blueprints in gen-2. Or maybe they didn't *shrugs*

Pretty disappointed they didn't reveal Flit's spy/source-of-information that got him decisive info on the Vagan. I have always wanted to see AGE-2 transform on earth, mainly because i wanted to see how the animators would handle the rifle transformation. But i was kind of disappointed there wasn't a change , i always thought earth's gravity would somehow make that rifle transformation part sluggish or something.

The action was very bad. The moment it was shown that AGE-2 was going CQC on earth i was pretty excited, but my excitement died down a few milliseconds later.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 05:50   Link #38
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
It is COLD that he doesn't even turn up for his son's wedding
You'd think that he'd at least take a single day off from ploting the death of every Vegan to attend the most important day in his son's life, but nooooooooooo ...

Seriously Flit, I like you and really liked some of your awesome moments back in generation 1, and you have every right to be angry at the Vegans for what they had done to you, but seriously ... it's your son's f-ing wedding.
Old 2012-04-22, 05:56   Link #39
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
A good episode, however, as an conclusion to Asemu's arc, it sucks. I really want his arc ends with a big fight and bang, but instead we have a single episode took place a year after the big final battle.

Gundam AGE always did have a raging hard on for time skips.
Old 2012-04-22, 06:10   Link #40
Sides

I didn't like this episode at all. Contentwise it was ok, with Flit rounding up the collaborators and so on. But Asemu tying the knot with Romary, Zeheart getting put into stasis for the next generation... it felt lie it was pushed to become a happy ending kind of thing.

Cannot wait for next week, hope AGE3 will be a bit better storywise and more fleshed out.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion