AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-14, 19:54   Link #1261
tsunade666

There are 3 characters yet who wasn't shown or introduce yet.

Who are those girls in the op along the mechanics? Will there be a new tank to be introduce?
Old 2012-11-14, 20:19   Link #1262
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just something found....

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 20:49   Link #1263
gaiar31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Just something found....

Images

Yes..we got a tiger!!!

= = \
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 20:56   Link #1264
ujiuji

Based on what we've seen so far I've been thinking about the circumstances that might have surrounded Miho's departure from Kuromorimine High School's sensha-do club.

TL;DR…
speculation

I think that puts our main character in a better light. Of course only time will reveal what really happened.

The St Gloriana school uniform reminds me of ones from my childhood back in 1970s Britain. Good research or coincidence? They are my top club after Ooarai anyway, even if the teacups are ridiculous.

Last edited by ujiuji; 2012-11-14 at 21:00. Reason: Formatting, name corrections.
ujiuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 21:53   Link #1265
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

Who are those girls in the op along the mechanics? Will there be a new tank to be introduce?
Could be a new member for the panzergroup. Yeah its possible to be formidable tank (Hoping they chose Jagdtiger).

I expecting they will face difficult opponent such as T-34/85 and IS-20 so they need a back-support against long range opponent.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 22:21   Link #1266
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

they may soon appear they are likely to come to repair damag possible during the tournament
Old 2012-11-15, 00:01   Link #1267
Midonin
Last Engage

I heard that this episode introduced all the characters, and it revealed to me how many character moments the main cast has had in these five episodes (just enough, though Saori's kind of lacking). The part I was looking forward to was the non-main character teams.

...and they all got one-sentence descriptions, whereas Yukari was able to give the tanks at least a paragraph apiece. I'm feeling that same sense of alienation I had with Upotte!. That's not a slight on the show itself, I've spoken well of it before, it rests entirely on me. I feel like I should be in my element - the atmosphere is lighthearted and pretty much all the cast is female, and there's even some action - but I also feel completely like a fish out of water. Strike Witches had enough character drama for me, and Saki was more about sports than war-type sports, and the slight gap between the two causes me to bottom out entirely.

Sorry if I've been repetitive about these points. As a recap episode, it wasn't bad with what they had to work with, and I forgive it for the circumstances. Simply can't predict these things. We'll see what happens in the coming week.

I still stand by my idea about spinoffs based on the other teams.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 01:54   Link #1268
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post

I'm pretty crap when it comes to drawing, but the moment I saw Yukari being given the spiritual name of "Guderian", I had to try sketching this out...

Nice sketch

It's even more awesome that it's Erwin who gives Yukari that name. A passionate tank buff giving another their spiritual name. Had Yukari joined the History Team, we would call her Guderian instead of Yukari. And she really would look like that, wearing the appropriate snazzy clothing

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 04:02   Link #1269
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Plus Guderian had a sense of humor, what with the tiger manual.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 06:23   Link #1270
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
I'm pretty crap when it comes to drawing, but the moment I saw Yukari being given the spiritual name of "Guderian", I had to try sketching this out...

Guderian was one of the loneliest man in Wehrmacht, loves Panzer, knows how to operate every tank under his command. Heck, he wrote the book on Blitzkrieg doctrine. He earned the nickname "hurrying Heinz" by first, crossing Meuse in 3 days (he estimated 4) as his tanks rolled over Ardennes, beating then Brigadier General Charles du Gaulle, at such a pace that OKH couldn't keep up with him.

He was the one that was responsible in training people in Leichtraktors and Panzer I, and without him, there would have been no Panzerwaffe.

You could've had Yukari quote Guderian verbatim, and you wouldn't suspect a thing: here's some examples.
That's a pretty good sketch you did there.
I've read a lot about Erwin Rommel the past few days because of G and P, but I didn't know much about Guderian - thanks for mentioning some interesting trivia.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 08:16   Link #1271
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Episode 6 Preview Screens up!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-11-15, 09:23   Link #1272
gaiar31

Spoiler:
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 10:11   Link #1273
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiar31 View Post
Spoiler:
The name of the next team is Anzio, which is Italian.

Old 2012-11-15, 10:30   Link #1274
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
It was mentioned in those profile things that Momo's favorite tank is a Tiger II. I was looking it up in response to someone elsewhere commenting on it, and from what wikipedia says, if one of those things were to be built to spec, without the budget constraints that forced wartime Germany to use inferior parts and materials, it would walk all over anything Oarai could throw at it. 180 mm frontal armor? A gun with 80% accuracy at 2km, and penetration of 153 mm of armor at that same range? Able to move at roughly the same speed as the fastest of the vehicles on Oarai's list? The rear armor seems weaker, but as long as it could maneuver to keep the heavy-hitters in front of it, it sounds like one of these could take out our entire team.
The Tiger II is a pretty good tank, but it does have its flaws. The listed speed, for example, is a bit misleading. It had problems with the engine and transmission, so driving it at full speed for any length of time was likely to break something. The proper way to drive a Tiger II was to do so very carefully, and with regular stops to perform preventative maintenance. As a result of this and its thirst for fuel, it doesn't have very good operational mobility.

Most of this doesn't matter under tournament rules, so it's pretty potent. I'd still pick a Panther or a Tiger I over it though. Also, the Firefly or really any of the Shermans can do pretty much the same thing.

Quote:
Indeed, but all (or almost all) of those problems strike me as issues that a Senshadou team would be allowed to fix. Faulty components, improper welding on the armor, poor quality metals used to make the armor... Those are all construction issues, not design issues. I think a Senshadou team could justify rebuilding the Tiger II to spec, which would make it an even nastier proposition for anyone having to face it.

I'm raising this issue, because the Tiger II strikes me as exactly the sort of tank I'd expect Maho to use. In expert hands (and she is an expert, if anyone is) that thing could rip our girls up.
The transmission and engine problems can't be fixed without a major overhaul. I'd imagine that the tournament would prefer using tank designs as they were, with warts and all, rather than to allow some major fixing up. And from Yukari's comments, I think that all of these tanks are actual vintage models.

Quote:
From what I hear, numerous cities these days are aiming to take advantage of the tourism boost that comes from being featured in an anime. More power to them, really. It hasn't seemed to hurt any of the anime it's been done it yet, so I have no complaints.
Rinne no Lagrange got some backlash, but that's all I can think of.

Quote:

Good job. There's no one more associated with tank warfare than Heinz Guderian. Under his command, his troops advanced in both the the Battle of France and Operation Barbarossa. It's really too bad that Rommel gets more press. They both have more than a bit of an insubordinate streak in them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I heard that this episode introduced all the characters, and it revealed to me how many character moments the main cast has had in these five episodes (just enough, though Saori's kind of lacking). The part I was looking forward to was the non-main character teams.

...and they all got one-sentence descriptions, whereas Yukari was able to give the tanks at least a paragraph apiece. I'm feeling that same sense of alienation I had with Upotte!. That's not a slight on the show itself, I've spoken well of it before, it rests entirely on me. I feel like I should be in my element - the atmosphere is lighthearted and pretty much all the cast is female, and there's even some action - but I also feel completely like a fish out of water. Strike Witches had enough character drama for me, and Saki was more about sports than war-type sports, and the slight gap between the two causes me to bottom out entirely.
If this show had gotten a full two cours, then we'd have seen the characters get more fleshed out. As is, each episode is so packed with content that the recap is the first time we've even heard their names.

The main draw of Girls und Panzer is going to be the tank battles. And that's really a good thing because it was probably the weakest part of Strike Witches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I love how the in-cockpit lighting effects emphasize eyes. I'm surprised they haven't added any more tanks to the site. Maybe they're going to have the alternate colors of the main tanks first.
Old 2012-11-15, 10:57   Link #1275
Marina2

^
^
@4Tran Tiger II seems perfect to be the flag tank. Park it somewhere in defensive position, and let it fire at every enemy that dare to come close.

Maho team maybe something like this (If she uses ten tanks)

- Tiger II x 1
- Tiger x 2 (Maho is on one of these tanks)
- Panther x 4
- StugIII x 3

OR

- Tiger II x 1
- Tiger x 9

Hmm......maybe a bit too cruel for current Miho team.
Old 2012-11-15, 11:38   Link #1276
4Tran

I suspect that Saunders is the only school that's able to field ten tanks. If anyone else could do that, then they wouldn't be considered a favorite. The problem (if you can call it that) with the idea is that a Tiger II performs best when it has the largest field of fire, so you'd want to park it on top of a hill. However, that also exposes your flag tank, so there's a definite risk involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Maho team maybe something like this (If she uses ten tanks)

- Tiger II x 1
- Tiger x 2 (Maho is on one of these tanks)
- Panther x 4
- StugIII x 3

OR

- Tiger II x 1
- Tiger x 9

Hmm......maybe a bit too cruel for current Miho team.
No, no, don't go with inferior German designs. Go with the country where tanks were born. Centurion x 10 is the best possible combination to field. Add a few IS-3s for flavor, and then you've got a real team!
Old 2012-11-15, 11:40   Link #1277
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Funny you should mention this Marina2, for Tiger 2 that broke down (say in the Ardennes) due to transmission problem often gets used as impromptu pillboxes. Heck, Panther turrets at times were mounted as stationary turrets, in testament to the optics and the gunnery platform.

To answer 4tran as well, even for vintage models, just having the metallurgy worked out in replacement parts would've made any German tank dangerous, nevermind Tiger 2. A Tiger 2, with a properly rebuilt gearbox and maintained powertrain, would be horrifyingly agile, can back while on idle, have no rubber gasket fouling, and not suffer from the glacis plate weaknesses. I suspect though that the magical 'carbon lining' actually makes these tanks used in Panzerfahren almost impervious to frontal penetration, which makes making the Tiger 2 raise that white flag all the more difficult... on the later trap-tree turret, you can't exploit the turret ring weakness as one did before.

Tiger 2 and/or Panther Ausf. G with Vampir, in the command of a veteran such as Miho, and using defect-free components would be terrifying, especially at night; Miho can lit a whole column ablaze from a km away, and repeat Wittmann's corner if the Oorai brigade gets good enough...

Ideally, Oorai having say Sherman Firefly would make for absolute hilarity, as the diminutive size, reliability and agility of the thing are nothing to sneer at. Honestly, having a balanced team (sounding like WoT isn't it) where you field powerhouses such as Tiger 2, highly mobile sniping platforms and of course, the wolf packs featuring proto-MBTs would make your team the bane of others.

On another note, this pops up quite often in 4chan /ak/ GuPWoT discussions: having SPGs participate in Panzerfahren. It is NOT fun to be met by Churchill AVRE's flying dustbin in the face, nor is it fun to meet a Sturmtiger morser in a dark alley... if you survive to meet them at all, that is.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2012-11-15 at 11:56.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 14:00   Link #1278
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I suspect that Saunders is the only school that's able to field ten tanks.
When it comes to steamrolling, Russia really comes to mind. I wonder what Pravda would pull.

Marina2, Tigers were pretty much centered on the philosophy that Tigers are strongest when alone

It is devastating as long as it has a clear sight & line of fire.

I remember one expert commented that the Tiger is a fine tank. There is really nothing wrong with it, its everything else that it comes with.

I don't know if Konigstigers would ever make it into the show. The Tiger I being the iconic German powerhouse to the Japanese mindset than the Konigstiger.

And rightly so, the Tiger was as German as it could get, and despite flaws, it represented the pinnacle of German tank design whereas the Konigstiger (and Panther) was inspired by the T-34.

Think of it this way, The Tiger was the Knight. If I would to describe it with a propagandist/nationalist twist, the Tiger would be described along the lines of: The Embodiment of the German valor & fighting spirit. Japanese MiliOtas dig it.

But make no mistake, I would love to see the Konigstiger, though.

Oh, panzerfan what is your WoT ID!!??

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-11-15 at 14:58.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 14:53   Link #1279
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Think of it this way, The Tiger was the Knight. If I would to describe it with a propagandist/nationalist twist, the Tiger would be described along the lines of: The Embodiment of the German valor & fighting spirit. Japanese MiliOtas dig it.
Well, not just Japanese Miltakus. Most people think of the Tiger when you they think German WW2 Heavy Armor, since it is the tank that made legends like Michael Wittman and generally made Allied tankers brown note themselves. As powerful as the Tiger II is, it just didn't make that much of an impact on the war to actually be remembered by more people.

Still, I prefer the II over the I, if only because the Konigstiger is a sexy beast

Old 2012-11-15, 15:29   Link #1280
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Most of this doesn't matter under tournament rules, so it's pretty potent. I'd still pick a Panther or a Tiger I over it though. Also, the Firefly or really any of the Shermans can do pretty much the same thing.
Err, they got one Firefly, one 76mm armed Sherman but the rest have the crappy 75mm gun that is pretty much unable to harm a Tiger or Panther, even have issues with the PzIV . Well, at least according to the info given so do they have those, even if they look a bit too long to me.
The Shermans also have poor armor compared with the german tanks. It's not just the thickness, but also the use of soft iron instead of high quality hardened steel that the german tanks uses.

Either way, a normal non-upgunned Sherman is not a fair match against a Tiger or Panther.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks