AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 31 39.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 29.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 17.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.28%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-04, 07:47   Link #41
Bombo
TSF Fans

great episode 10/10
I have been waiting for this arc ^^.
Old 2010-11-04, 10:07   Link #42
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Crazy Idolatry

1. I think all my doubts that Shimono could pull off Keima's megalomania have been put to rest. The entire scene where he compares real idols to gaming idols and provides a brief evolutionary history was pulled off with grandiose perfection.

2. As much as the songs Kanon sung fit the episode and her status perfectly, I did not like the songs at all. I found them completely cheesy and generic, though that's more of a function of my general distaste for idol music than the show itself.

3. One weapon is good, but dual wielding is even better!

The entire arc though did make me curious at the relative amount of stress idols are probably bombarded with on a daily basis, having to keep up a very straight public persona at such a young age....

Also since it seems Kanon's arc will resolve next week, that leaves us with one more girl as the OP suggests, so I guess this cour will actually cover more ground than I had initially believed.
Old 2010-11-04, 10:32   Link #43
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Crazy Idolatry

1. I think all my doubts that Shimono could pull off Keima's megalomania have been put to rest. The entire scene where he compares real idols to gaming idols and provides a brief evolutionary history was pulled off with grandiose perfection.

2. As much as the songs Kanon sung fit the episode and her status perfectly, I did not like the songs at all. I found them completely cheesy and generic, though that's more of a function of my general distaste for idol music than the show itself.

3. One weapon is good, but dual wielding is even better!

The entire arc though did make me curious at the relative amount of stress idols are probably bombarded with on a daily basis, having to keep up a very straight public persona at such a young age....

Also since it seems Kanon's arc will resolve next week, that leaves us with one more girl as the OP suggests, so I guess this cour will actually cover more ground than I had initially believed.
I don't think Kanon's arc will end next episode. The ending preview only listed 1 chapter and if they add more dancing and singing from Kanon they can easily stretch that 1 chapter to a full episode.
Old 2010-11-04, 10:47   Link #44
satomianzaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Luls.
I never watch singing animations, but hey, w/e. Better tone that down in the rest of the arc though.
Oh Elsie, you're the cutest of them all.
true...elsee is the most adorable of them all...
Old 2010-11-04, 10:57   Link #45
Mimaju

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The designs have come a long way since the one shot...

Episode 5 is Love Kanon, All 4 You and Happy Crescent.
Thanks for the info. Haha. I do wonder just how far the anime will go with the series.
Old 2010-11-04, 11:01   Link #46
larethian

Spoiler for ep 5 slight foreshadowing:
Old 2010-11-04, 11:08   Link #47
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
That's because he's not going to drop his own PFP in the water. With the stun guns, he has no control over the situation.

Also, why are you spoiling? the episode's already out on Crunchyroll... And this is the episode 5 thread... For the first few posts it makes sense, but...
Haha, yeah, right, he's not going to drop it. *sarcasm*
If only the world was so easy.

Just felt like putting it in spoiler tags, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
I never watch singing animations, but hey, w/e. Better tone that down in the rest of the arc though.

Oh Elsie, you're the cutest of them all.
Oh I hope indeed... At least there is only one more episode (probably), either way.

Too true.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-11-04, 11:50   Link #48
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol, she disappeared into thin air. Didn't see that coming. XD

Why the hell is Kanon so crazy for attention, anyway? Was she deprived of it as a child or something?
Old 2010-11-04, 12:06   Link #49
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Vastly better episode than last week's. Enjoyed the twist at the end, and am looking forward to seeing where this arc is going. 8/10, but Keima's Zeon scene was truly brilliant. And I want to see Elci pull a Phoenix Wright with her objections sometime.
Old 2010-11-04, 12:34   Link #50
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Haha, yeah, right, he's not going to drop it. *sarcasm*
If only the world was so easy.
If he lived in the real world, that might be a legitimate point, but you have to think about it seriously from Keima's perspective. He is not going to drop his PFP in the bath. As "God of the Game World", the possibility of that happening has never even occurred to him. He might as well forget how to breathe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
I don't think Kanon's arc will end next episode. The ending preview only listed 1 chapter and if they add more dancing and singing from Kanon they can easily stretch that 1 chapter to a full episode.
The ending preview only listed one chapter last episode, and they added more dancing and singing this episode, and it still covered two chapters. Pace-wise, one chapter of the manga comes out to between 1/3 and 1/2 episode. Less on visuals-heavy chapters, and more on exposition-heavy chapters. That gives them room to expand a bit and get two chapters per episode. Obviously, chapters one and two, being longer than most, broke this equation.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-11-04 at 12:50.
Old 2010-11-04, 12:56   Link #51
MartianMage

Quote:
The ending preview only listed one chapter last episode, and they added more dancing and singing this episode, and it still covered two chapters. Pace-wise, one chapter of the manga comes out to between 1/3 and 1/2 episode. Less on visuals-heavy chapters, and more on exposition-heavy chapters. That gives them room to expand a bit and get two chapters per episode. Obviously, chapters one and two, being longer than most, broke this equation.
Hmmm... I guess that's true. Would be great if they can squeeze in another capture arc this season.
Old 2010-11-04, 13:22   Link #52
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Why the hell is Kanon so crazy for attention, anyway? Was she deprived of it as a child or something?
Cause no one was paying attention to her being a plain meganekko girl? Hence becoming an idol.

I know Keima is an extreme case but even he didn't notice her as a classmate.

Finally recognition! The only problem is this one guy... Her very own classmate doesn't know she exist!

Thus Keima becomes an obsession for Kanon.

As we learned from Kami-sama hate can turn to love. Hopefully not obsessive love that will get you and those around you killed. Hence Yandere types should be avoided.
Old 2010-11-04, 13:33   Link #53
Shadow5YA

Quote:
If he lived in the real world, that might be a legitimate point, but you have to think about it seriously from Keima's perspective. He is not going to drop his PFP in the bath. As "God of the Game World", the possibility of that happening has never even occurred to him. He might as well forget how to breathe.
This. If Keima were to say, get stranded and his game handheld required batteries, he would have multiple handhelds with a truckload of batteries to last him forever.

I'm not kidding. The only times Keima has ruined his game systems are when someone else ruins it for him.
Old 2010-11-04, 14:26   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had no idea Kanon was going to be voiced by a newcomer, so I spent the whole episode trying to figure out who the hell her seiyuu was. Is she the same Nao Toyama from the bands Buzy and Mansaku? It would explain why they chose her for this role.

SIEG 2D! The whole speech was great, I'm starting to warm up to Keima's voice actor. LC was insanely cute as always <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Lol, she disappeared into thin air. Didn't see that coming. XD

There was a brief flashback showing on stage alongside other girls. My guess is that she was part of a band where she was totally overshadowed by the other members, which would explain why she grew to crave attention. The ending of the episode was unexpected to say the least. Ignore her long enough and she disappears... if only that could work in real life as well.
Old 2010-11-04, 14:53   Link #55
ion475
にこにこにー

I was so waiting for those "soldiers" to yell out Sieg 2D...too bad Elsie interrupt.

After a "tsundere" (at least Keima claim) ojou-sama, we now have a yandere idol...one thing I can say is that the songs (for a seiyuu) are actually pretty good, though
Old 2010-11-04, 14:58   Link #56
MartianMage

It was foolish of LC to object. She got school'd Keima and MikuMiku fans.
Old 2010-11-04, 17:19   Link #57
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Wow on this episode...

More songs, insert songs, and ED songs.

I love songs like this! lol

More songs = more songs for me to listen to. lol

But...why the heck did Kanon dissappear???!?
Old 2010-11-04, 17:26   Link #58
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Ahh~ Ah~ Ah~
Again with the "It isn't the real world, so anything can happen" statement.
Well, I don't feel like repeating last week, so here's a post to read instead:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...57#post3324357
(Beware of spoilers from Toaru Majutsu no Index anime thread)

Forget how to breathe, sure. Haha... Even the idea that someone so protective of his games and system (and the characters inside) going out of his way to put them in danger would make more sense.
Oh, and yeah, I'm plenty serious.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-11-04, 19:00   Link #59
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Another episode I liked a lot,even if the girl was just okish to me but Keima's antics more than make up for it.

My favorite part was the "helicopter escape scene" , makes you think that being an idol is as badass as being James Bond
Old 2010-11-04, 19:14   Link #60
HandofFate

okay episode. Maybe I'm still feeling the failure imo that was episode 4.

but, okay I get it, she's an idol. That's not really a reason for half the episode to be just one insert song sequence.

Spoiler for episode 5: