AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-05-22, 00:47   Link #1
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Fan Chosen Live-Action Fairy Tail Cast (Plus Crew selection, and TV vs Movie debate))

If this ever happened it would probably be horrible, however what would make it less horrible? Choose a fan assembled list for the cast for a Live-Action Fairy Tail.

Rules for selecting Cast
  1. They have to fit the character. If they're questionable explain why they would work or what they would need to improve/work around. (age related issues will likely be common here since most known actors are just too old to actually look like a cast of 17 year olds, so no need to explain that every 3 seconds... unless the chosen choice is just way too old (like in there 30s))
  2. Post pics of both actor and character if you can...or a photoshoped version of the actor as the character. Large pics must be in thumbnail form & manga only characters must be spoiler tagged and clearly listed as such. Rules about Risque pics apply (example spoiler tag as NSFW)
  3. American cinema only (british, aussies...ok) This is so that if one day we do my some stars aligning get a Liva Action Fairy Tail we can compare our choices with what happened. Did we do better/worse etc...

Note with the above... essay's aren't required, just an explanation or two for your selection.

Feel free to post comments on who should direct it, produce it, do the effects... etc but list logical reasons why. Also feel free to debate if it should be a series of movies (like harry potter), a hq TV show/miniseres on a cable network channel (like Game of Thrones or Battlestar Galatica), or Primetime TV show (like Heroes)...

---------------------------

Now as to my choices.

First off, I don't have any crew selections or companies to do this in my mind as of yet. However I do have a strong desire for it to be a HQ cable TV show since I want it to have all the fan service and blood of the manga thus ruling out Primetime TV (watch the OVA Fairy Hill anime only fans to see the blood and fan service I'm speaking of, yet not be spoiled anyhow) and I don't desire either the actors to age significantly between the arcs and I don't want the plot cut down to fit into a 1.5 hr to 2 hrs (both the likely effect of it being a movie). I feel a Cable TV show would best keep the integrity of the series.

Now as to my cast selection (which is what I'm sure the bulk of the thread will be about )

Lucy Heartfelia: Scarlett Johansson
Now My reasoning for choosing her is she's proven she can act girly, nerdy, & kickass (Edolas Lucy for example but also regular Lucy needs to be kickass to a degree also (besides possibly Natsu she's the fastest improving mage in the series when it comes to power). Lets not forget Scarlett would look good doing it too). Plus she just pretty much looks like Lucy since she is of the right dimensions to put it mildly.

=

Erza Scarlett: Summer Glau
Just dye her hair and add some fake breasts and you have the perfect Erza since she's crazy, violent, nimble, and funny. Plus she'd contrast with Scarlett Johansson as Lucy amazingly well. She also brings a fan following in the millions and best yet they're all the type to love the character Erza. Did I mention she's used many swords before in her previous roles?

=

Spoiler for More pics:

Gildartz: Daniel Craig
What can I say he played best bud type characters before, drinking buddy (Can anyone say Bond?), but he's also will to fight any fool who messes with his nakama. For those of you who don't know Gildarts is 45 years old... so the age is about right too.

=

Manga Only Character
Spoiler for Manga Only Character:

Mirajane: Yvonne Strahovski
She's from Chuck (and Mass Effect 2)... she can play an idiot, cry her eyes out and kick ass (what good is Mirajane's actress if she can't also be a badass). Did I mention she's has the right figure too?

=

Spoiler for More Pics:

Levi McGarden: Kristen Bell

She's smart, small, can act nerdy or a ditzy, yet has played enough badass characters to grow into a s-class mage one day (after all Edolas Levy is strong)
Spoiler for Manga only fans comment:

=

Spoiler for More pics:

Laxus: Jared Padalecki
He's tall, got the build, played a pretty decent evil character (from what I've seen it's hinted he could do crazy well), and plays an amazing sad and depressed character with inner rage

=

Spoiler for More pics:
Old 2011-05-22, 15:00   Link #2
haegar
mangaviking

oh boy, summer and scarlet in one movie is win by default

I can't offer a better choice for laxus but somehow that guys face is too round XD

edit: I've been wondering bout scarlet btw ... in two rather pronounced ways she is just the right size for Lucy

however...scarlets eyes are too small for Lucy - and too high up ? :

Last edited by haegar; 2011-05-22 at 15:56.
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 22:41   Link #3
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
oh boy, summer and scarlet in one movie is win by default
Even more WIN than Charlie Sheen.

Speaking of I wonder if he'd make a better Wakaba or Macao (need to think about that before I put them in my casting since both "party hard" and womanize in there free time (which is there only time, thus also lining up perfectly with Charlie Sheens' niche in acting)... but at the same time who could seriously give Charlie Sheen a run for his money as his rival? That's important to both there characters, since they're really a duet. Maybe he could play both parts and just put on a wig when in Wakaba's roll. Downside: I bet he'd be a major ____ pain to work with though...)
Quote:
I can't offer a better choice for laxus but somehow that guys face is too round XD
Quite the crazy talk or I'm going to be debating the roundness of his face every time I watch supernatural from now on.

Then again I choose him more based on good acting and relative looks being close enough to not matter. His ancestry is polish and based on my very limited knowledge on the matter I'm assuming the general facial structure of Eastern Europeans is close enough. Since Laxus's ancestry is supposed to be the equivalent of Russian in Fairy Tail I was looking for someone who looked close enough to keep that feel yet, my prime concern was general age and build. You know more of intent rather than a perfect match to the line art.

I'm very sure a better choice may exist but I'm drawing a blank on it too . Just as even after a few days I can't think of a good Gray or Natsu. But I don't think the plot really needs them anyways, a few less Nakama punches might be a good thing.

Quote:
edit: I've been wondering bout scarlet btw ... in two rather pronounced ways she is just the right size for Lucy
I've been wondering if she's just right or an added bonus myself. So I know where your coming from.

Quote:
however...scarlets eyes are too small for Lucy - and too high up ? :
I seem to recall a rumor that she had surgery on her nose of all places (only recall it since it wasn't my first guess of where she's had surgery before )... so I'm quite sure she'll have life altering eye surgery just for the part , since the size of Lucy's eye expressions are so important to so many punchlines.

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-05-23 at 23:08.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 06:41   Link #4
Crisis
Rock on ^^

You need younger actors/actresses for the roles of Lucy, Erza, Natsu, etc.
You are asking for FAILdom if you go for elderly actors to represent them.

Cosplay at it's best Thread
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 07:18   Link #5
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Except Happy, any talking blue cat can have his role regardless of age...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 05:45   Link #6
Sefveron

Id say Kaley Cuoco would fit Lucy to a T

Her personality Matches Lucy's well, the only thing that doesn't match is their eye colours

*edit*

That photo didn't look that big on google image search....
Sefveron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 06:52   Link #7
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Johansson is too old to play Lucy. Summer Glau wouldn't look so great in Erza's signature red hair.

Dakota Fanning... Lucy
Emma Stone... Erza Scarlet
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote