Notices

Old 2009-07-14, 17:33   Link #401
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Are they going to do the Koyomi Vamp?
I hope so. He's been blurred out by miss touchy-feely but (currently) it would seem he's got one interesting character.
Old 2009-07-14, 18:25   Link #402
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Nice, I really enjoyed these first twp episodes, and it seems Hitagi shall stick around, so this ep made me happy.

Lol at first half fanservice, but Hitagi is worth oogling atleast.

PS : Those gods are a sketchy bunch. lol

Last edited by alu546; 2009-07-14 at 19:53.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 19:04   Link #403
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

10minutes of random speaking half-bare..

the ending was interesting though, almost happy
Old 2009-07-14, 19:21   Link #404
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
By the way are there any news about the three extra episodes that are supposed to be available on-line? Are they going to do the Koyomi Vamp? or extend upon the 5 stories from Bakemonogatari two volumes that are airing on TV?
Three extra episodes only extends the five stories from Bakemonogatari. Koyomi Vamp is not planned to be made… yet. (Three episodes won't be enough anyway.)
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 19:47   Link #405
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Three extra episodes only extends the five stories from Bakemonogatari. Koyomi Vamp is not planned to be made… yet. (Three episodes won't be enough anyway.)
Damn, I hopes increased after watching the OP from the 1st ep.

Anyway, check for images, write-ups (with spoilers) on the characters and other stuff that I can not mention here (damn rules) at this post
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 20:17   Link #406
apr
Pedestrian

Don't read that, and stay away from Wikipedia. This is a mystery show, and knowing details before you see the episodes just ruins the surprise.

Someone pasted a character description to me on MSN, and it spoiled an entire arc.
Old 2009-07-14, 20:21   Link #407
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i hope the normal hitagi keep packing those staplers and rulers. I love how she dissected Araragi
Old 2009-07-14, 20:25   Link #408
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Don't read that, and stay away from Wikipedia. This is a mystery show, and knowing details before you see the episodes just ruins the surprise.

Someone pasted a character description to me on MSN, and it spoiled an entire arc.
Come on, the description in wikipedia just states the main plot, but IMO what makes this show great is the dialogue plus the visuals ... and in any case, I warned about the spoilers!
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 20:53   Link #409
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

There were some wonderful things in that episode, but it was Shinbou overload for me. At some point it stops being clever and it's just showing off. Too intrusive - I really hope they turn down the Shaft a bit, because there's a lot to like here if they'll let us see it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 21:02   Link #410
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

This show has got really cool animation. I only stumbled upon it by accident
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 22:08   Link #411
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well besides a couple of real life shots intruding the visuals, I'm not bothered by Shaft being Shaft in this series because it actually fits well.

This series is defintely very interesting. I really thought the scene at the shrine was incredibly well done for the most part. I'm quite excited to see where this series will take us.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 22:21   Link #412
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Dry sarcastic Senjogaraha is ten times more interesting than open friendly (moe) Senjogahara (IMHO).
Everybody loves a bitch...well...Ok some of us do.

Still sad to think that their going to be shifting focus off of her in the next story...Ah well I'll have faith they can keep this type of quality up.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 02:29   Link #413
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Wow, talk about a riveting series so far. I'm definitely drawn into this series through the camera work (which actually stays relevant to the dialogue this time!) as well as Hitagi's cathartic moment. Araragi still doesn't have quite the developed personality, though somehow, I get the feeling he'll be more of a dispassionate observer, helping only when he knows he can provide some degree of usefulness. Otherwise, it doesn't seem like he'll be as proactive as say... Natsume from Natsume Yuujinchou.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 05:33   Link #414
apr
Pedestrian

If you're enjoying the verbal wars, you might be curious to know how much was cut from the novel. This is the original dialogue text from the shower/dressing scene in ep 2 of the anime, bolded text was skipped:
Spoiler:

Not that all of it is relevant, but some of my favourite jokes just vanished.
Old 2009-07-15, 05:59   Link #415
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
If you're enjoying the verbal wars, you might be curious to know how much was cut from the novel. This is the original dialogue text from the shower/dressing scene in ep 2 of the anime, bolded text was skipped:

Give them some justice: TV broadcast have to fit the given time in unit of seconds, so skipping was necessary. I'm sure most people will drop the series if the second episode is nothing but talk, talk, talk and talk. For now, just hope they won't skipped all the clever dialogue with Hachikuji in Mayoi Snail. After all, they decided to add one more episode for this exact reason.

Try not to compare it too much to the novel; enjoy the anime as anime.
Tsukihi & Karen at the end of episode 2 is enough for me.
Old 2009-07-15, 06:12   Link #416
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Try not to compare it too much to the novel; enjoy the anime as anime.
Tsukihi & Karen at the end of episode 2 is enough for me.
I should, and wish I could, but I'm a terrible purist. I wanted to walk out of the Lord of the Rings movie and refused to watch parts 2-3 of the trilogy, for example.

It is fun to watch things come alive, though. The action in arc 3 should be awesome.
Old 2009-07-15, 08:28   Link #417
KyntE
Ebilness~

Send a message via Yahoo to KyntE
Quote:
Spoiler:

can you provide translation?

currenty watching: bakemonogatari & princess lover
KyntE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 08:37   Link #418
ProdigalSon
Ragnarocker

Anybody else notice the random stills that say 'kuro'? It was in both episodes. I don't see what the color black really had to do with this episode. I mean it's araragi's hair and uniform color, but that's it yeah?
ProdigalSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 08:43   Link #419
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Wow the change Senjogaraha underwent after regaining her weight sure was drastic. Moe moe time? I suppose she may still be able to pass off as a yandere.

A whole half episode where she flashed her semi naked body, ouch that is a bit much for me to handle

Araragi has cute sisters? Never saw that coming XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 09:07   Link #420
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
I should, and wish I could, but I'm a terrible purist. I wanted to walk out of the Lord of the Rings movie and refused to watch parts 2-3 of the trilogy, for example.

It is fun to watch things come alive, though. The action in arc 3 should be awesome.
Well, I kind of understand. After all, I'm still pissed that they cut out all of Koyomi's monologue; literally a Bakemonogatari without gatari, the monogatari is pretty much incompleted in the anime series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalSon View Post
Anybody else notice the random stills that say 'kuro'? It was in both episodes. I don't see what the color black really had to do with this episode. I mean it's araragi's hair and uniform color, but that's it yeah?
Just the usual Shinbo's iro-koma stuff, plus some Oishi Tatsuya's taste. It's there to smooth out scenes, I think.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, romance, shaft, supernatural