AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-29, 03:28   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 755 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Credit goes to AP's Redon and Aohige for the info:

-Chapter title is "A Man's World". Jinbei's story has him arriving at the town of the sea cat and police dog, only to discover that said town has disappeared....

-Underground, Kanjurou helps the guards escape by drawing ladders on the walls with his art powers. However, he warns that the ladders are fragile precisely BECAUSE they're drawings. Meanwhile, at the factory, the imprisoned Tontattas are rioting, beating up the factory staff. Naturally, they're also searching for their princess. One of the princess' retainers finds a room with her name on it, but it only turns out to be a storage room.

-Another team of Tontattas unlocks the factory door, while Franky is still outside battling Sr. Pink. Suddenly, a new enemy appears to stop the rampaging dwarves: The chief of the factory, a large woman named Kyuiin! She uses a vacuum cleaner to suck up the dwarves. However, before all of them are captured, Franky arrives in the nick of time and grabs hold of Kyuiin! He then proceeds to suplex her, and she ends up colliding with Sr. Pink as he chases down Franky! The factory chief gets pissed and yells off at the cyborg, but unexpectedly..... he kisses her! Then both him and Pink pretty much go on about how women shouldn't get involved in a fight between men, and that they both hate the idea of romancing young girls. Kyuiin is instantly turned on by the hard-boiledness of both men! Their manly duel then continues with Franky using his nipple lights, and Sr. Pink with Diaper Bombs...!!

-Back to Zoro vs. Pica, the swordsman continues to trash-talk his opponent, which only pisses off the stone man. Meanwhile, Usopp's group talk with the factory dwarves via den den. They can't find any trace of Mansherry at the factory, and king Riku comes to the conclusion that she's actually imprisoned in the PALACE, instead. It seems that she has a special ability that Doflamingo is very interested in. His guess is right on the money, as we see her in a small cell in the factory, weeping as she wants to return home, and calls out Leo's name.....

Uh oh, I can see potential sexism arguments being sparked from this chapter! I still think Sr. Pink is cool though, all things considered. I really want to see their fight through to the end. I'm also kinda hoping that Pica strikes back at Zoro, to get him off his high horse a bit (god, it almost sounds like I'm ROOTING for the enemies here ). And I wonder if princess Mansherry is also an ancient weapon, like Shirahoshi.....?

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-07-30 at 02:46.
Old 2014-07-29, 20:03   Link #2
Rainbowman

What's Manshelly's face and body like?
Old 2014-07-30, 01:47   Link #3
marvelB

Okay, summary's up! A manly duel and what may be a potential new ancient weapon ahoy! Also, we have confirmation of the princess' name being Mansherry as it's clearly written in English this chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
What's Manshelly's face and body like?

The translated chapter will be out soon anyway (possibly already out by the time you read this post even), so I don't really see a need to give any details on her appearance now...
Old 2014-07-30, 02:02   Link #4
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

She's cute, pretty much like what you expect from any Tontatta girl
Her double-odango long hair braids reminds me of Sailor Moon.

Kyuiin is a pun of "Kyuuin", meaning suction. Hence the vacuum cleaner.
Also the princess's servant Maujii is the stereotypical senior butler who serves a young lady.

Another thing to note, Franky tricks Senior Pink to go help a non-existent elderly lady so he can get in the Factory.
Pink returned from his futile rescue to be crushed by suplexed Kyuiin. Wonders why a gentleman like him is serving Doflamingo lol.
Old 2014-07-30, 04:28   Link #5
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Pink returned from his futile rescue to be crushed by suplexed Kyuiin. Wonders why a gentleman like him is serving Doflamingo lol.
considering how Franky managed to trick him that easily, maybe he is as gullible as the dwarves?

I can see them becoming a best bud after this arc is over
Old 2014-07-30, 04:31   Link #6
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Why does Manshelly have a ball of hair in her cheeks?
Old 2014-07-30, 05:03   Link #7
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Bloody hell, the only two kisses ever in One Piece in the same arc?

But yeah, Franky pretty much stole the chapter here. Loved it.~
Old 2014-07-30, 09:30   Link #8
J4n1

Manly fight is Manly.
LOL

At first, i thought the fight between Franky and Senor was just stupid, but now i can't decide whether that fight is now awesome or hilarious.
Awerious?
Hilasome?
Old 2014-07-30, 10:42   Link #9
itachi-san314

diaper bomb vs nipple light special!
Old 2014-07-30, 13:24   Link #10
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
diaper bomb vs nipple light special!
I will pretend this never, ever took place in One Piece...ever.
Old 2014-07-30, 14:50   Link #11
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
At first, i thought the fight between Franky and Senor was just stupid, but now i can't decide whether that fight is now awesome or hilarious.
Awerious?
Hilasome?

Hilariously Awesome, of course!

And while I do like the idea of Franky and Pink becoming buddies at the end of the arc, I can't see them sticking together too long considering that Pink is.... well, kind of a sleaze, lol. I mean, wouldn't he pretty much be the type to tell Nami and Robin to go to the kitchen or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
Why does Manshelly have a ball of hair in her cheeks?

The impression I had was that that she was wearing rouge or something, but I guess it sort of does look "fuzzy", doesn't it? And it would actually be a rather amusing visual gag for the dwarf princess to have random facial hair on her cheeks, I admit (though we already sort of went through something like this with Vergo....).
Old 2014-07-30, 16:42   Link #12
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And it would actually be a rather amusing visual gag for the dwarf princess to have random facial hair on her cheeks, I admit (though we already sort of went through something like this with Vergo....).
i still dont get the vergo gag
Old 2014-07-31, 00:39   Link #13
rpgman1

Can't be Kill la Kill influences one of Franky's special attacks with nipple lights.
Old 2014-07-31, 03:33   Link #14
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quick impression: Franky stole the chapter, and what's so special about princess Mansherry?
Old 2014-08-02, 04:52   Link #15
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
I'm guessing Oda was actually aiming for Princess MonChéri (Darling), but screwed up and engrished it instead.
or he made it funny on purpose. like in dragon quest 8 the princess was named Madea iirc
Old 2014-08-03, 17:31   Link #16
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
I'm guessing Oda was actually aiming for Princess MonChéri (Darling), but screwed up and engrished it instead.

I've seen some people make that suggestion before, but apparently the way her name is spelled in the original Japanese is different from how "mon cheri" is usually written in Japanese. Of course, that doesn't exactly mean that her name COULDN'T be a reference to the original French term.

Speaking of the princess, even if she isn't an ancient weapon, I really do have to wonder what kind of ability she'd have that Dofla would want to keep her imprisoned in the first place.....
Old 2014-08-04, 12:55   Link #17
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I've seen some people make that suggestion before, but apparently the way her name is spelled in the original Japanese is different from how "mon cheri" is usually written in Japanese. Of course, that doesn't exactly mean that her name COULDN'T be a reference to the original French term.
to me, that's like the people who argued that Pain from Naruto wasn't named after the english word for pain due to the kanji letters, but i think it's pretty obvious that he is and that this princess is named after mon cheri. just my opinion
Old 2014-08-05, 03:26   Link #18
marvelB

^Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree that her name is most likely a reference to mon cheri, but I was just pointing out that it's apparently spelled a bit differently in the original Japanese, is all.

On the other hand, we can always hope that Oda will clarify this matter in a future SBS, heh.
Closed Thread