AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-05, 09:50   Link #61
Seraphis
Seldom Everything

This was really well written, but by god are some of stories or endings sad. Like, emotionally draining.
Seraphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 10:57   Link #62
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
You're missing the point. Half of the quality of VN comes from the voice acting itself. Without voice acting it's just a book of sorts..

And anyway, I thought this project was done by both Japanese and English people, since the VN name is in Japanese -_-. No, I definitely don't want English voice acting but if there was Japanese, even if amateur, it would be so much better.

Anyway go on, enjoy your game.. I'll look elsewhere for a VN's to play ;<
Higurashi, Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night (PC version) disagree.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 11:07   Link #63
Shinji01

The japanese forums are so bummed out because this game is not yet available in japanese...
Shinji01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 12:19   Link #64
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

My short, concise and non-spoilerific thoughts on the three routes I've played so far. I managed to finish all three routes and get their true endings without guides miraculously enough (though I managed to unlock Kenji's BAD END route on the way )

Shizune route:

My first route, following the "first girl met" policy. Shizune herself as a character is interesting, and her dynamic with Misha is incredibly intriguing, though confusing at times. The actual route story itself however can be grating at times due to certain secondary characters, and the end is kinda unsatisfying. The Shizune route isn't for those expecting bubbly romance.

Hanako Route:

Hanako *ehem* I fear I won't be able to write my thoughts without much BIAS, but in any case the ups and downs of Hanako's route prove to be an emotional rollercoaster, and it's interesting how her issues on introversion are so relatable to me, which made her story all the more compelling. It helps that Hanako herself never stops being cute

Lilly Route:

My god.... WAFF. WAFF EVERYWHERE. This is THE ROUTE to go if you want true-blue feel-good ROMANCE from beginning to end (Hanako's route takes 2nd place in the WAFF counter). And the true end will split your jaw from smiling too much . It's also the only route that has a post-credits epilogue from what I've seen, which seals this WAFF-fest with an satisfying conclusion

Lilly also has some of the best drawn H-scenes imho, for those interested.

Haven't tried out Rin's and Emi's routes yet.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 12:48   Link #65
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Cut them some slack.
It's a stellar effort. Yeah, not at the league of what a dedicated team of Japanese folks can do, but it's decent enough.
Perhaps if ALL of the art was consistently bad, then I could MAYBE wholly agree. I'd say, "Oh, well it's a small team with constraints (or possibly a lack) of ability/talent and time, so I can totally overlook it". But that's not the case here. The quality of the art in-game is SO bad compared to all the other accompanying artwork, which is actually good (Raita's original doujin illustrations not included, of course). I believe at least two different people worked on the character art/game art, and then someone else did all of the promo stuff. That's nonsense. Whoever did the promo art should've done ALL of the game's art.

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2012-01-05 at 14:32.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 12:53   Link #66
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The art isn't without its pitfalls I agree, and the art is inconsistent - Emi's sprite seems to be rushed compared to the other 5 main girls (and yes, I count Misha as one), and some of the H-scenes are downright awkward. Then again, given the nature of the project, such inconsistencies are perhaps inevitable. Along with the fact that this fanproject actually has animated FMV's that aren't just cut-paste flash animations, and I can actually be forgiving of the art inconsistency. Besides, they did a good enough job with the story itself that I can just look at the art as the icing on the cake, rather than the main course.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-01-05, 14:02   Link #67
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmm, the DDL links are still down. Ah well, will keep an eye on it - it isn't like my "gaming hour" isn't already full. Hmmm, maybe IRC has a copy floating about.
Old 2012-01-05, 14:17   Link #68
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

The VAs in visual novells usually speak japanese, so that is not useful for me at all.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 14:42   Link #69
Dop
Mmmm....

I kind of fell into the Emi route, and got the good end on my first go.
Given Emi was, I thought, the least interesting character in the original demo, her story was, albeit a bit predictable, better than I'd been expecting and pretty good in all.
Dop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 14:50   Link #70
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji01 View Post
The japanese forums are so bummed out because this game is not yet available in japanese...
I'm very interested what the Japanese thoughts will be about this OELVN. Could you post them here when you find something?
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 14:53   Link #71
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i can turn the Ero stuff off can i?

if it is i will play it

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 14:58   Link #72
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

if it is i will play it
There is an option to turn off sex scenes yes. There will still be NSFW stuff even with that activated, but it'll be limited to partial nudity and story-essential elements only, which are very few and far between.

Most of the sex scenes are only engaged around Act 3 or 4, and they don't take up a large portion of the story.

Old 2012-01-05, 15:06   Link #73
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Hanako Route:

Hanako *ehem* I fear I won't be able to write my thoughts without much BIAS, but in any case the ups and downs of Hanako's route prove to be an emotional rollercoaster, and it's interesting how her issues on introversion are so relatable to me, which made her story all the more compelling. It helps that Hanako herself never stops being cute

Lilly Route:

My god.... WAFF. WAFF EVERYWHERE. This is THE ROUTE to go if you want true-blue feel-good ROMANCE from beginning to end (Hanako's route takes 2nd place in the WAFF counter). And the true end will split your jaw from smiling too much . It's also the only route that has a post-credits epilogue from what I've seen, which seals this WAFF-fest with an satisfying conclusion
YAY! Reason enough to definitely play the VN. The more sugary romance it has, the more I'm sold to it . +1 that Lilly counts as one heroine with said element in spite of my blury memories from the demo.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 15:11   Link #74
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well i hope it's worth it. (i have bad experienced for accidentally playing random VN)

Old 2012-01-05, 15:12   Link #75
Sajomir

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

if it is i will play it
Like lowegear said, you can turn that option on to skip the worst of it. An example of a story-essential scene would be the first time Hisao sees Hanako's scarring, since it covers almost her entire right side. And even then, there's conveniently hanging hair. (not a spoiler, considering he has H-scenes with her... what did you expect :P)

@lowegear: I accidentally hit Kenji's ending the first time, too, and I had played the demo! XD
My excuse is that I use a gamepad for VNs (lets me kick back and relax instead of hunch over a keyboard) and I kept accidentally hitting choices by tapping the "progress" button too much :P

@Kismet-chan: The artists who did a bunch of the promo art came into the project rather late, iirc. Ironically, the style much of the promo art looks like it comes from Pimmy, and she's the one who did Emi's sprites, everyone's least favorite set.
Pimmy actually has a deviantart account... I wonder if any of her promo pieces are on there.
Sajomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 15:36   Link #76
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Finished Hanako's and Lilly's routes yesterday.

Hanako's route was pretty much a rollercoaster of emotions throughout her story with her problems regarding her introversion and her past. When her H-scene came, I felt really sick and terrible reading it, and I felt even more terrible when she reveals why she slept with Hisao. I'm glad they both managed to work it out and end it in a heartwarming note. My only complaint is the route kinda ends suddenly, I was expecting a little more.

Lilly's route is by far the best I've seen so far. While nowhere near as depressing as Hanako's, Lilly's route is filled with so much heartwarming and natural romance. She's such a refined lady, has a childish side to her, and truly cares about Hisao and Hanako. She's a very motherly figure and I just loved the development between the three. The ending was a very emotional rollercoaster as well, and I cried in relief when I heard the music box, knowing she returned. That epilogue scene left me in tears of joy, my heart melted from the overflowing happiness.
Old 2012-01-05, 15:49   Link #77
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
YAY! Reason enough to definitely play the VN. The more sugary romance it has, the more I'm sold to it . +1 that Lilly counts as one heroine with said element in spite of my blury memories from the demo.
Oh yeah, Lilly's route is full of vanilla and WAFF moments, heartwarming all around. There's still drama of course, but if you get the good one everyone comes off happy.
Old 2012-01-05, 16:53   Link #78
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

any list of girl and their disability?

Old 2012-01-05, 17:51   Link #79
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Here you go.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 18:05   Link #80
NeoChan
Banned

Can anyone comment on the voicing? It doesn't have any right?
NeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote