AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-01, 16:59   Link #261
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Happy Birthday to our beloved Ojou-sama
Gotta post her birthday pics later.
Old 2011-07-01, 19:04   Link #262
Qikz

Happy Birthday Mugi! <3
Old 2011-07-02, 03:28   Link #263
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Happy Birthday Mugi!!!
Old 2011-07-02, 09:59   Link #264
Saphira Veera
*Author

Can I have the link to the others' profiles? Mugi's was interesting.... Hontou ni omoshiroi.

Sakura Kyouko
Old 2011-10-02, 00:51   Link #265
Akiharu Hino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry Dust View Post
I find her eyebrows sexy >__>
*cough*

Anywayz, she's my second favorite next to Mio of course.
:3
my second favorite too!
I like her personality too,
Old 2011-11-10, 11:13   Link #266
Transitions
by John Digweed House Mix

Send a message via MSN to Transitions
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
a present for tsumugi fans

behold the eyebrow power
LOL

i would like discover this forum years ago, xD i like the eyebrow power *O*

each girl have a different personality, but Mugi-chan, she makes their very happy yuri fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post

Anyway, here to reminiscent on fond memories. Here's a great interacting scene between Tsumugi and Mio. It's what got me to like Tsumugi in the first place.
me too, me too!

Quote:

Just in case the change of expressions on Tsumugi's face is too small on the thumbnail to see: 1) The first big picture has Mio reminding Ritsu that their camping trip was not one of pleasure. 2) Mugi looks at Mio from behind. 3) If you click on the thumbnail, you could see quite clearly that Mio is wearing a worried face in this shot. 4) Mio notices Mugi staring at her. 5) Mugi smiles at Mio, assumingly trying to convince Mio to relax. 6) Mugi's smile fades away when Mio returns to her anxiety about the band.

There's no need for conversation in this scene. It is so well done, their emotions so brilliantly displayed. And it gets better.

Again, great scene. Love the way they portrayed Mio and Mugi's expressions.

That's the Mugi-chan I know of. There's an air of intelligence in her different from Mio's, like you know she knows something. You could either see this as some sort of diabolical, murderous planning or whatever that Mugi is up to - or, you could see this as a girl very confident in the wellness of the band, and is there to remind Mio to have fun (in a way, you can say Mugi to Mio is like the relationship of Mio to Azusa as later seen in the show, where one character reminds the other to be carefree).
that's a great coment, I see that you like Mugi-chan, xD good observation yurifans ENJOY!!

Quote:
And of course, some people had to come and interrupt this lovely moment...
LOL of course, ever broke my charm

Last edited by Transitions; 2011-11-10 at 11:28.
Old 2011-11-14, 01:00   Link #267
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Mugi will one day be the powerful ruler of an immensely wealthy clan and she's obviously up to the task. I just hope she doesn't have to give her friends up when that happens (e.g. "Time for the princess to be a princess").

And yeah, she has charming eyebrows... makes me think of Fuka in Yotsubato (who worries about her thick eyebrows).
Old 2011-11-14, 01:14   Link #268
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mugi gets really excited when someone thinks shes a commoner.
From the most recent manga:
"Mio-chan! Did you hear?! She says I'm like one of the common people!!"
Old 2012-01-13, 00:43   Link #269
JPblueser
Guitarded

Mugi is really lovely. Even if she seems to not have much screen time and doesn't stand out very often, I think that's what makes her so likeable. This fact itself adds even more to her somewhat laid-back character.

You need to have a good perception of the subtle to truly understand Mugi and I guess this is why she is often labeled as "bland" or "lacking personality", what is quite not true.

As for her ever being shown truly "angry", I think the closest thing would be this (although she seems more annoyed than angry - But it's still really cute to see her puffing-up like that):

Spoiler for Part-time jobs chapter from the University manga:

I didn't really notice the "change" of character from the manga to the anime (they simply changed the circunstances of the events, concealing the "angry-Mugi" bits), neither that on S2 they seem to portray her (or the other characters) more superficially. To me they portrayed them quite consistently through the whole series. Over-exposing the characters can be a bit bad too (like Mio's scaredy-cat gags on the early episodes), so I think it's kind of good when they make things more superficial in order to give us some "surprises" from time to time. They get a lot more enjoyable like that. I have a feeling they were building up for something bigger (yet to come - a moment of pure shock for the other HTT members - lol).

I really hope they continue to make the anime (probably we will have to wait a bit more until Kakifly put together more ideas for the next parts), because so far the continuation of the manga is quite impressive (at least the lastest chapter really gave me a great feeling of fulfillment).

Spoiler for Vol 6 Chapter 3:

The girls seemed to get even closer after entering the JWU. Good thing: Mugi gets a lot more "screen-time" - yay! - This is why not standing-out so much before is so good. When she does, it really gives a nice feeling - haha

Cheers!
Old 2012-01-21, 13:17   Link #270
Charsiupao

I love Mugi a lot too, although she's the only one who kind of moves K-On! away from being what could have been a very real story to one which is more fairytale-like. There's just so much about her which is too good to be true, while the other girls are quite realistic with their weaknesses and flaws and personalities. From things like the reason she joined in the first place, to her daily donations of top-class tea and cakes, to her provision of villas for retreats, to her influence over the guitar shop where Yui bought Gitah - it's all just too convenient for everyone. Nevertheless, where the character could easily have slipped into a boring plot device, her personality really shines through, and while she is extremely eccentric, it's not hard to understand her desires (although desiring a whack on the head is a bit much). She's also the cool, calm voice of reason in the team (unless Mio is already being the reasonable one in which case Mugi adoringly defects and joins the mutiny).

My favourite scene of her is when Mio (who has turned down her college offer), Yui and Ritsu all submit their career plan forms to Sawa-chan, all choosing to go to the college Mugi applied for despite it not being easy to get in, and Sawa-chan accepts happily. Mugi is peeking at the door, then she smiles, and skips about in a circle before the 3 girls come out to join her. She just looked so so happy!
Old 2012-01-22, 09:32   Link #271
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPblueser View Post
I didn't really notice the "change" of character from the manga to the anime (they simply changed the circunstances of the events, concealing the "angry-Mugi" bits), neither that on S2 they seem to portray her (or the other characters) more superficially. To me they portrayed them quite consistently through the whole series. Over-exposing the characters can be a bit bad too (like Mio's scaredy-cat gags on the early episodes), so I think it's kind of good when they make things more superficial in order to give us some "surprises" from time to time. They get a lot more enjoyable like that. I have a feeling they were building up for something bigger (yet to come - a moment of pure shock for the other HTT members - lol).
Well, her personality didn't change, I agree. But maybe the more proper word is that KyoAni seemed to change the focus of her personality. In the manga, we could see that she's kind of the "quiet but deadly" character but in the anime they seemed to focus in the "a princess yearning for a normal life" aspect of her.

In-line with what Charsiupao's post above, the changes are understandable I think. It's to make the anime more realistic. That's why there are so many references to her wealth being hidden compared to the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPblueser View Post
The girls seemed to get even closer after entering the JWU. Good thing: Mugi gets a lot more "screen-time" - yay! - This is why not standing-out so much before is so good. When she does, it really gives a nice feeling - haha

Cheers!
Also agreed She's got many special treatment compared to her friends. Aside from being rarely exposed, she also seemed to be the only "different" ones. For example in the university manga, she's the only one whose department wasn't known, and the only one who doesn't (or yet to) have a "pair" (like how Akira has the same department with Yui, both are also guitarist). And every time the story focuses on her, they really made a big impact

Unfortunately, in the anime I felt that her appearance's impact was barely felt by most people. Hence why there are many who said that she's bland and lacking of personality like you said before.
Old 2012-01-23, 00:21   Link #272
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

My love for her notwistanding, and the Devil take anyone who thinks "you must be a virgin to be pure and nice".....

Who else thinks that of all the HTT girls, Mugi-chan is easily the best mother material, hands down?
Old 2012-06-17, 06:07   Link #273
Lugia2126
The Biggest Mio Fan

She's simply rich and good. Having a part time job even though she's rich is a good way to show humbleness. She's being reffered as Mugi by her friends because she's somehow good. Really good.
Old 2012-06-19, 15:32   Link #274
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Well, her personality didn't change, I agree. But maybe the more proper word is that KyoAni seemed to change the focus of her personality. In the manga, we could see that she's kind of the "quiet but deadly" character but in the anime they seemed to focus in the "a princess yearning for a normal life" aspect of her.
Yeah.. *both* attributes are true and *are* present in both the manga and anime --- but the emphasis is different. Mugi's "kill moments" in the anime happen mostly off-screen or with her back to the audience. In both Mugi has many "oh its so much fun doing working class stuff" moments, you get the feeling the family is desperately trying to keep her in a bird cage and she's fighting every step of the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
My love for her notwistanding, and the Devil take anyone who thinks "you must be a virgin to be pure and nice".....

Who else thinks that of all the HTT girls, Mugi-chan is easily the best mother material, hands down?
Mugi will one day be the matriarch of her "royal samurai business" clan, the gods will not rescue any who cross her And frankly, the "pure boys" can go stick their heads in a septic tank - they aren't worthy of the imaginary ladies they say they "love"
Old 2012-06-20, 08:41   Link #275
Lugia2126
The Biggest Mio Fan

For me she's generally a well educated person. You know what I mean.
Old 2012-07-01, 12:04   Link #276
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Just purposely bum this thread up cause...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUGI!!!
Old 2012-07-03, 00:26   Link #277
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Just dropping by to say belated Happy birthday to my beloved Mugi-ojousama!! I love you!! XD
Old 2012-07-03, 06:51   Link #278
Lugia2126
The Biggest Mio Fan

Happy Happy HAppy Happy Late Birthday Mugi chan
Old 2012-09-18, 22:42   Link #279
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

By the way, Kotobuki Minako, Mugi-chan's voice, turned 21 two-days ago!! Yay!!

And Yes, Mugi-chan does have a Strength Score of 18(+3 Bonus in Melee Combat)

Tags
characters