Old 2014-04-27, 11:56   Link #1261
Dj0rel
True Believer

Summary of chapter 150 by God Eye Galatea from mangahelpers:

Spoiler for Ch.150:
Old 2014-04-27, 16:43   Link #1262
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Not sure what your point is at the moment Gooral, Teresa and Priscilla haven't even actually started fighting yet, so a vast majority of that discussion is currently not relevant. The only point that has been actually confirmed in your favor is that Clare awakened into Teresa (which a lot of people predicted, and I hoped wouldn't be true).

Unless Teresa ends up absolutely stomping Priscilla in her current state, I'm not sure what you are trying to prove?

Heck, even if that ends up being the case, Priscilla herself is now in a weakened state which makes things even blurrier.

Though in the end, I wouldn't mind being "wrong" on that particular topic, time has already proven many of my other debates correct, so got to lose some eventually.

Last edited by Fenrir_valindri; 2014-04-27 at 17:06.
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 19:21   Link #1263
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...wow, I honestly didn't believe Capt'n Fenrir when he told me about this but... seriously!? Well, I'm glad that Gooral feels 'vindicated' after all this time but Teresa is coming out in the 'endgame' of the fight. If Clare would have awakened here right off the bat, then I can see the 'Teresa vs Priscilla' debate being settled in a more decisive manner than with this current situation. Because EVERYONE here is going to call who's going to win the fight - TERESA.

It's almost a forgone conclusion at this point. Although there's conveniently no mention of how Priscilla has been going almost non-stop for at least a WEEK of fighting constantly from the time of the Twins to the Destroyer (including getting out of the bubble) to Riful's daughter (while simultaneously controlling Cassandra remotely) and then the Claymore-Awakened Alliance.

Because it doesn't matter...I know.

And as Gurren Lagann, along with virtually every other shounen on the planet, has proved, being 'logical' (Rossiu) doesn't mean you're 'right'.
Old 2014-04-28, 02:51   Link #1264
Blaat

Bringing up a seven year old discussion that's rather special.
Old 2014-04-28, 09:57   Link #1265
itisjustme

Damn it another month to wait before any asskicking happens. Awakening into Theresa was pretty predictable but I wonder why she turned into a monster when almost awakening before, kinda doesn't make any sense.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 11:37   Link #1266
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I think it was because she was trying to awaken the 'youma' part of her, which was only a 1/4th of her total makeup. I imagine that her 'new' desire to fight to live on (which mirrored Teresa's before her demise) was the trigger coupled with other factors as well.
Old 2014-04-28, 12:01   Link #1267
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Not sure what your point is at the moment Gooral, Teresa and Priscilla haven't even actually started fighting yet,
lol
And who attacked Teresa while she was conversing with Clare? Who has been put to the ground (literally)? Not to mention that Clare has already defeated Priscilla with her QS which suggests that Teresa would be able to do it with much less effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
(...)
Though in the end, I wouldn't mind being "wrong" on that particular topic, time has already proven many of my other debates correct, so got to lose some eventually.
Many? Give one example.

On the other hand I can easily point out discussions where you were clearly wrong: that time or that time or that time or that time...

And something for you Tempest35.

And BTW, this part of my old post is worth mentioning in the context of the current chapter
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 12:10   Link #1268
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
It's almost a forgone conclusion at this point. Although there's conveniently no mention of how Priscilla has been going almost non-stop for at least a WEEK of fighting constantly from the time of the Twins to the Destroyer (including getting out of the bubble) to Riful's daughter (while simultaneously controlling Cassandra remotely) and then the Claymore-Awakened Alliance.
This is jut too easy to counter Tempest35

The point you're making is in favour of Teresa actually. Priscilla ate whole village plus she ate some more snacks along the way. But I don't even care about that since Clare ALSO fought constantly and she didn't have a village to give her fuel. In the end she could barely lift her sword and only then Teresa appeared (easily stomping heads that easily dealt with one of the strongest ABs there were). Only shows just how more powerful is Teresa's youki than any other beings.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 15:10   Link #1269
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Except half of those "points" were just guesses on my part when we had little information on the matter, and that 3rd and 4th post aren't wrong. In fact, that 4th post is quite in my favor.

and if you want an actual example, how about one of the oldest ones?

I was right that Priscilla (Warrior) didn't kill Teresa out of trickery, she simply lost control due to her awakening, this was confirmed only a few chapters ago with little room for doubt by Dae and Priscilla's conversation.

There was also your little theory that Miria was actually evil and was manipulating the Ghosts do to her bidding, which was proven quite astoundingly wrong. Something I know still rubs you the wrong way to this day considering how much you complain about her being a "goody goody".

If you are going to take the time to link ancient posts, you should at least be sure you were actually "right" on those matters. Not to mention, you are basing Teresa's absolute superiority on little more then a couple of panels of actual fighting here.
Old 2014-04-28, 15:58   Link #1270
itisjustme

I'm a little surprised Teresa came out with her own personality/memory, I guess it allows for the "reunion" with Clare but it's not how it worked so far with every other Awakened.

I'm hoping it won't be a one last shot before fading away forever thing for Theresa.
Old 2014-04-28, 16:10   Link #1271
Newhope

Pretty much what I expected, been saying for years Teresa was more or less going to come back though Claire the way youma work made it obvious it was going to happen.

And again it's going to a fight where you won't get a true measure of who is stronger, wounded and exhausted Priscilla verus what I presume is a fresh Teresa.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 17:48   Link #1272
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
This is jut too easy to counter Tempest35

The point you're making is in favour of Teresa actually. Priscilla ate whole village plus she ate some more snacks along the way. But I don't even care about that since Clare ALSO fought constantly and she didn't have a village to give her fuel. In the end she could barely lift her sword and only then Teresa appeared (easily stomping heads that easily dealt with one of the strongest ABs there were). Only shows just how more powerful is Teresa's youki than any other beings.
*sighs* you make it seem as though I was trying to dissuade anything ... and if it's really that easy to counter, then maybe it's a trap...? Or do you just like jumping into things...

I never said anything about food, just fighting, and even so, Priscilla ate the village just after the Destroyer awakened. And we all know how ravenous she was/is. Those other 'snacks' you mentioned were the other Awakened Beings from various times like when she emerged from the Bubble, I presume? Well, that was Destroyer version 2 gaining more strength instead of Priscilla in that particular instance. As for munching on Cassandra's body there at the end, and also munching on Alicia/Beth/whichever...well beggars can't be choosers. Makes me wonder why Priscilla just didn't nab Raki since he's alive instead of going for Cassandra's body... Ah yes, she doesn't want to eat Raki for some reason... She complains about being so hungry yet she doesn't eat the guy...

And as you said, after Clare can't lift her sword anymore and after Priscilla was dealt a telling blow that reduced her overall fighting power THEN Teresa appears - and yes, we all know that Teresa's youki is overpowering...we don't need a recap of seven years to know this. With this setup, any amateur can call this as Teresa's victory - the entire scenario is screaming this.

This is probably just Yagi's way of settling things for the fans but at the least we'll get to see just how far Teresa has to push herself in order to beat a fully Awakened Priscilla. Neither fighter can claim to be at 100% though so this will make the calls a bit ambiguous for some. Like Newhope said, Priscilla is weakened by a lot, she's on her last legs and then here comes Teresa, back from the death, to fight her in a 'fresh' body. How much of her power she can channel in Claire's body remains to be seen but this is more about killing the monster than settling who was stronger.

Although, if Teresa manages to get punked yet again, I will laugh all the way to the bank if that happened. Highly unlikely but hey...
Old 2014-04-28, 22:06   Link #1273
Shungin12

teresa better destroy priscilla
Shungin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 22:21   Link #1274
Newhope

My feeling is priscilla and Teresa will probably be more evenly matched than many people think, and it may push Teresa to soul link with Claire which might be a permanent fusion either the two become one or Claire gains full access to Teresa's power.

It was hinted all the way though with the twin goddess.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 23:53   Link #1275
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

wow, some guy is really digging up posts from 6 years ago?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 03:56   Link #1276
TimeSkip

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
Damn it another month to wait before any asskicking happens. Awakening into Theresa was pretty predictable but I wonder why she turned into a monster when almost awakening before, kinda doesn't make any sense.
In other warriors’ cases, they are awaken by the yoma blood inside them, so their awaken forms are yoma-like only.

However, Clare has 2 sources of powers: the yoma and Teresa.

When Clare was awaken in the past, she was in a rage and only thinking of killing her enemies, her yoma blood influenced the awakening, and she took yoma form

However, this time she was calm and could sense the other source of power, hence Teresa’s blood came into action.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 05:40   Link #1277
hai_san

lol the author pulled a deus ex machina for the final....
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 07:27   Link #1278
Battler-kun

Fuck yes! Teresa is back, the strongest being ever.

I doubt Priscilla has a chance now without cheap tricks!

And I think it is good in any ways, because under no circumstances the other ones could have defeated Priscilla.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 07:35   Link #1279
itisjustme

I wonder if Teresa of the not so faint pwnage is in a complete state now or if she can awaken herself, which would be a curious idea, an AB that awakens again. :P
Old 2014-04-29, 08:09   Link #1280
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Claymore discussion has really declined since it lost it's own forum here.
Repelsteeltju is offline   Reply With Quote