Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-24, 20:07   Link #2721
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
That's not quite true, Ichuki. Look at the Nanoha and Hayate franchises. Once they were powerhouses who had one win (Nanoha) and multiple finals (once Fate, twice Nagi) to their name. Nowadays they struggle to pass Round 1.

I think that Saimoe factions have a natural "life expectancy". When the show becomes too old and the new material is not deemed interesting, the fans abandon the ship for a new one.
For the same reason I don't expect Rozen Maiden to do very well next year. The BD sales numbers are mediocre.
For some voters sticking with older series I think it is true to a degree at least, since it takes at least 5-6 years for some of the stronger powerhouses to have noticeable deterioration in strength usually, unless they are like Saki where hate caused them to lose strength at a rapid pace. But I mostly think it is dependent on how determined a faction is and how much hate they are receiving overall.

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-11-24 at 20:31.
Old 2013-11-28, 09:15   Link #2722
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Oh AST13 ended? The shitty tourney final have come to an end.

Just gonna hope next year's AST would be a fair one with no absurd rules suddenly introduced mid-way of the tourney.
Or cancel it altogether for 2014. That way, AST will be dead next to Best Moe.

However, they should declare Saimoe 2013 as "no contest" if they want to continue...
Old 2013-11-30, 08:33   Link #2723
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
However, they should declare Saimoe 2013 as "no contest" if they want to continue...
Hilarious. And while we're at it, let's declare 2008 as no contest as well!

Anyway, see you next year.
Old 2013-11-30, 09:10   Link #2724
Archaeon

Saimoe 2013 sound legitimate 'No Contest' to me due to absurd rule.

Quote:
I don't know is this sarcasm or not since I'm not in the mood now to tell the difference but I hope it's not. In anyway I'm gonna reply this earnestly.

Though this is my maiden participation, I already have reliable sources(veteran AST voters) telling me things. Besides, history of AST and the changes they made these years are already forewarning it's gonna be shit. I was hoping it won't be the case but it seems so right now. In any case, this year's AST is going down the drain and if the admins is not gonna do anything about it, future AST is also going to go down. Some of my Japanese friends aren't particularly happy with the new changes and they have given up voting completely.

It's a pity though, I like their repechage system but with them restricting so much and them not being transparent at all, it just do the system injustice.
Quote:
Implement foreign IP bans? No one said anything unfair about it other than it reduce the vote count and make it more possible for manipulation. The reason I see why people are calling it rigged it because there is no transparency at all. Valid codes might be deemed invalid for reason known only to the admins.
Looks like another guy who think there's rigging and injustice got his prediction correct one month ago.

If this absurd rule continue,2014,2015 and future Saimoe are all 'No Contest' and it's no surprise why veteran Saimoe voters decided to give up voting and boycott the tournament.

Last edited by Archaeon; 2013-11-30 at 22:05.
Old 2013-11-30, 10:00   Link #2725
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Hilarious. And while we're at it, let's declare 2008 as no contest as well!

Anyway, see you next year.
2008? Was that Hiiragi? Yeah, I could vote for this xP
Old 2013-11-30, 10:06   Link #2726
Archaeon

What happen again in 2008? Can't remember. I think I barely follow Saimoe in 2008.
Old 2013-11-30, 12:12   Link #2727
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
Saimoe 2013 sound legitimate 'No Contest' to me due to absurd rule.
I think so too.
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament