AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-01-09, 17:19   Link #21
Wandering Soul

Still hard to believe a Notiamina show is getting released on Crunchy, but it really is happening.

Strong first episode. They definitely nailed the atmosphere for the build-up to the revelation of the truth of the orphanage.
Old 2019-01-09, 19:54   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm also surprised to see a Noitamina show come out on Wednesday.

That was a solid first episode. Not too fond of the OP, but I'll give them credit for not putting any blatant spoilers in it. The voices are doing it for me. It's nice to see Emma animated!
Old 2019-01-09, 21:56   Link #23
Random14

Yay, glad to see this show started. This might be the one I've been looking forward to most this season. Though its a bit strange seeing that Noitamina logo on Crunchyroll for once.

Its a slow start but that helps with the lead-up to the big reveal and sets up the main plot. I liked that last minute swerve back to Mom. Uh-oh. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season, just hope they manage to cover all the important parts. The opening was ok, the ending was great, especially with how it looks like normal life but there's just something off. Which fits the atmosphere of this series perfectly.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-10, 00:09   Link #24
Irenesharda

Well I purposefully stayed away from the series until the anime came out, so I was thankfully blind when going into it.

I did get a clue to the twist from the promo pic with the children standing on plates, but it's still no less startling when they finally do the reveal.
Poor Conny had "too good for this world" written all over her so I knew she would be the first to go, but it was still so horrible to see her like that.

I'm really fascinated at this world. Is this a conquered Earth in the future? Did mutated monsters or aliens take over? Is this an alien world that some poor humans got stuck on?
I'm really interested in finding out.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-10, 00:40   Link #25
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I went into this series with absolutely no prior information, and I'm glad I did. I knew there was something a bit odd with the orphanage (especially their numbered tattoos) but I never expected that twist at the end (was actually thinking the children were enhanced kids made for war or something, so the reveal really threw me for a loop and creepiness factor). Totally made me catch my breath in surprise.

Definitely looking forward to the rest of the series but I have a sense many death flags are waving among the children.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-10, 04:18   Link #26
alex_drian

Welp, that was a thrilling first episode. The revelation of the twist along with the direction make it a powerful moment. Looks as my desicion of avoid the manga before the anime went fine.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-10, 06:53   Link #27
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well flock me....

As first episodes go, that was an absolute belter...incredible world building and characters for just one episode. And that twist....

Visuals, voices and music were good too. Personally I like the OP. And I rarely find OP/ED themes I like these days.

Please let this series maintain the quality of that first episode....No series from last year gave me the spark that this first episode did...
Old 2019-01-10, 14:20   Link #28
Dark Wing

This is good...I mean really really good.

Isabella and this house she runs seems up to no real good. I can't wait to see where this goes.
Old 2019-01-10, 18:28   Link #29
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So they're fighting monsters that literally farm and eat kids. Okay, so I'm guessing this won't have the same level of nuance that Shin Sekai Yori did but if it develops its cat & mouse game with the same level of depth that HunterXHunter did then it'll definitely be enjoyable to watch.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-10, 22:03   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-10, 23:16   Link #31
Applehell

That was very good!

Ultimately I wasn't surprised how things turned out in last 1/3 of episode not because I knew what exactly was going to happen, but due fact everything to that point had been too idyllic. On top of that there were enough red flags (branded id numbers, no contact by those who left, weird tests) raised throughout the episode that set feeling of dread. At that point I felt that it wasn't a question something horrorable was just aroumd corner as much as what it was exactly. All done with a masterful sense of timing and suspense.

Definitely among one of strongest premiere in this season.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-10, 23:36   Link #32
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

strongest first episode ever....

look at that camera angle... slow motion move... perfect soundtrack... with magnificent jumpscare
They amplified every single strong points of this arc

Gracefield arc would be one of the best arc in shounen anime

and also... Emma's VA is really good...

I'm looking forward for the next episode.. because I always acknowledge Isabella as strongest villain I ever seen
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-11, 00:08   Link #33
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post

I'm looking forward for the next episode.. because I always acknowledge Isabella as strongest villain I ever seen
Strongest mentally or physically? Or just overall? Right now, for me there hasn't been an anime villain yet that has beaten Johan Liebert from Monster for the best villain crown, so I'll be interested if this Isabella will be a worthy contender.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-11, 00:18   Link #34
Requiem-x
The slacking one

HOLY ****!! Oh, I'm so glad I went in blind!! Can't remember last any anime made me feel uncomfortable as the buildup to that twist did. Even if you could clearly tell something awful was going to happen, and it certainly was that and more, and besides, who thought the mystery would be revaled so soon. It's kind of difficult to see where things will go in the short term, but I guess that's why this series is considered different from your usual jump manga, from what I've heard, at least. Also, I'm just going to assume Emma isn't the kind of female "protagonist" that gets shoved aside from the get go, so yeah, this seems pretty strong.

Also, I actually liked the OP, though I must admit the ED is something else.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-11, 00:42   Link #35
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

How many episodes will this series have? ANN says 34 episodes. Is the manga for this finish? I really hope the anime covers the entire storyline.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-11, 04:35   Link #36
James Rye

I liked what I saw so far. Think the voices fit Emma, Norman and Ray pretty well. The Demons are deliciously creepy and alien with their sounds and movement. I think this first episode will get quite a lot of views in japan and increase the sales of TPN volumes by a lot.
Old 2019-01-11, 04:45   Link #37
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
How many episodes will this series have? ANN says 34 episodes. Is the manga for this finish? I really hope the anime covers the entire storyline.
12 episodes, though I'm certain it will eventually be fully adapted. Shueisha is doing what they always do with their golden geese, making sure they don't blow through material too quickly on the anime side.

I believe the mangaka said recently she thought the series was about halfway through her intended story arc.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-11, 05:15   Link #38
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I knew something was up in the beginning... those numbers on their necks. The monsters look weird though and scary as well !
Old 2019-01-11, 10:47   Link #39
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Strongest mentally or physically? Or just overall? Right now, for me there hasn't been an anime villain yet that has beaten Johan Liebert from Monster for the best villain crown, so I'll be interested if this Isabella will be a worthy contender.
I'll mention everything that we know so far about her

1. She never lost in chess against the kids
2. It is hinted that she would be good at strategy games, which is playing tag as well
3. Her charisma is overwhelming... she raised all the kids by herself so there is no way the kids could go against her without any hard feeling. She is the one that introduced familial love to the kids

She would fight against "most likely" 3 smartest kids in orphanage history but I really can't see her losing against the kids

Unfortunately I don't watch/read Monster though... it is probably personal but I feel attached to Isabella.... Mom ;____; why...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-11, 14:32   Link #40
Top Sergeant

The Great Escape meets Soylent Green the animated version!