Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-03-12, 22:39   Link #161
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Maybe they were afraid they couldn't make the battle sufficiently epic if Daida was the opponent? Any manga readers want to chime in on how this battle was portrayed there?
I would assume so. Given how fast Bosse was able to pummel Ouken(too fast for the Big Four to even see the swings), I'm sure that the moment those attacks happened were but for a second, maybe even an instant. Three swings, where Bojji repelled them, then a strike to his body. If it is as Kanon said, that would indeed feel or look like he got one-shotted.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-17, 15:15   Link #162
Huh...?

So, i guess even a Devil/Demon has a sad background to them.
Is there going to be a single character in this Series who doesn't have some sad background?

We also learn why and how Miranjo supposedly betrayed the Devil/Demon.

Guess Miranjo became the reason for Desha accepting the position of First Rank.

Wonder what's going to happen to Desha?
And would Bojji be able to save him?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-17, 18:44   Link #163
grecefar

I didn't like the chapter, only the hilling part.

Just because daida said so everything is forgotten and he looks like the hero?, if he doesn't give the crown to bojji I'm going to be very pissed...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-17, 19:03   Link #164
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was some bullshit. The demon could have easily gotten his head back himself, and he had no reason to listen to Daida's wish anyway since he wasn't the one holding the head hostage. Then Daida proposes to Miranjo... what the fuck?

Anyway, thanks to him the plan to save Ouken is ruined so Desha has resigned himself to lose his own sanity to obtain a treasure that can save his little brother. That's not going to end well.
Old 2022-03-18, 03:56   Link #165
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was some bullshit. The demon could have easily gotten his head back himself, and he had no reason to listen to Daida's wish anyway since he wasn't the one holding the head hostage.
Yeah, the Demon could have taken its head back.
But first and foremost, it is a Wish Granting Demon (it would act to grant wish first before anything else). So, Despa was able to stop the Demon from taking back its head on its own, by giving it Wish condition.

As for Daida hijacking Despa's wish.
I guess the scenario is similar to Shenron in Dragon Balll, when Oolong hijacks Pilaf's wish to the Dragon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Then Daida proposes to Miranjo... what the fuck?
Based on the storyline until now, i think it's not that odd though. Especially the OP which showed Daida happily interacting with the Mirror Miranjo.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-18, 18:02   Link #166
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Even if all of the characters are good people and thus is able to forgive everything Miranjo has done, getting revived and married after killing the protagonist's mom, trying to kill the protagonist's second mom, trying to destroy the protagonist's kingdom, among other stuff just so she can cuddle with the protagonist's dad... makes me tilt my head.
I mean, at least Bosse (who honestly has done some pretty bad stuff too) is dead.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-19, 18:30   Link #167
Alchemist007
*Author

The flashbacks also didn't really explain how she went from caring about Bosse to not caring about anything or anyone else and the machinations that she was up to in mirror form. A bit of character development there would've made sense, but it just shed her in a relatively positive light and disconnects from everything terrible she's done. Ultimately she comes off as an incomplete character.
Old 2022-03-19, 21:32   Link #168
Decel

The whole show is too forced-formulaic.

-Make character appear good/evil
-Show why they're good/evil
-Show them that they're not that good/evil but have some evil/good

Here and there isn't so bad, but when they systematically run through every single major character ---except Bojji- with the same spiel it's too flagrant and force fed.

One more to go.
Old 2022-03-24, 14:33   Link #169
grecefar

This was absolute bullshit.

So I'm can't just pull a wall of text on how pissed off I am and with this ending and what is for the future, english is not my first language so I can't put it clearly in writting.

I'm not gonna bother if there is a second season, so the winner were an spoiled brat that just turn good in the last moment and a woman how killed a lot of people and same as the spoiled brat just turned good and everything is good like nothing happen.

fuck this shit.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-24, 19:10   Link #170
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As much as it pains me to admit it, the show went downhill really hard during the final third. Fights lasted too long, characters kept almost dying and getting healed (in the end, not a single person died), and Miranjo being accepted as Daida's wife so easily is completely bullshit.

The plot of the final episode was rather terrible too. Kage had no reason to go away, of course Bojji still needed him, if only as his personal interpreter! It still would have been fine if it had ended with Bojji finding him and bringing him back to his kingdom, but nope, he handed the crown over to Daida and intends to found his own kingdom because... fuck absolutely everything that happened until now.
Old 2022-03-24, 23:57   Link #171
Alchemist007
*Author

It was probably a 9/10 earlier on but it hinged a lot on how the plot of Miranjo/demon/Bosse worked out, and it was somewhat weak tbh. Still enjoyable overall.

7/10
Old 2022-03-25, 20:59   Link #172
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-26, 18:10   Link #173
Decel

The last series that I recall in recent memory that had such a plunge in my standing was maybe Hoshiai no Sora, and even that was just a last-episodes-rush trainwreck, not a total best-to-horrible dive.

Bojji adventuring with Kage is definitely best Bojji, but man the redemption force-feeding was ugly. The only character of Bojji's kingdom I would even want to see again would be Hiling. The rest can basically disappear for all I care. Happiest thing about this series is that it's over. Thinking back, I think I only stuck to the end because I felt some sort of loyalty to my appreciation of the first half. Surprised that I didn't drop this sooner.

4/10, mostly due to the aftertaste this series brought on of the latter half's narrative totally destroying the first half's achievement.
Old 2022-03-27, 05:13   Link #174
frubam
simp for Lyria

Man, the hate about the end sure is much in here; glad I'm just too stupid to accurately analyze a show and take the Miranjo stuff as it is, even though I do get the ridiculousness of it in hindsight. The self-drama that Kage did was def too much, even for me though. Totally unnecessary.

Will be looking forward for another season. Like Kage said, its a big world out there, and Bojji is at his best when he's galivanting the countryside. Also, we have yet to see anything about that Paige girl who saved Kage in ep2. If Kage gonna have any kind of love interest, gotta be her, and I'm curious as to how his reaction would be to meeting her again.

Old 2023-04-14, 12:29   Link #175
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

is the new season a sequel?
Old 2023-04-14, 14:10   Link #176
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
is the new season a sequel?
So far, it seems like a side story? This episode seemed to take place during Bojji's training with Despa(2 half eps). Not sure if its going to be "a collection of short stories" or what.

Last edited by frubam; 2023-04-14 at 17:19.
Old 2023-04-14, 16:16   Link #177
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

oh if its side stories my excitement has dropped then
Old 2023-04-14, 18:11   Link #178
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was super disappointed it turned out to be a side-story. And not an interesting one at that.
Old 2023-04-21, 01:11   Link #179
frubam
simp for Lyria

Checked out the 2nd episode, just to see what the format of the series is like, and so far, it does seem like side story half-episodes that take place between events in the original series. This 2nd ep focused on Bojji's return from the underworld to his kingdom with the Knights of the Underworld as an entourage. Not bad eps, but not terribly exciting either. They are at least chronological, so I am wondering if it'll get to the point where they will show material beyond the end of the original series. It's doubtful, but I'll at least keep an eye on it(though prob won't comment any further on this series unless it's a "good" ep)

Old 2023-04-21, 06:15   Link #180
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm hoping for some episodes focusing on characters that didn't get much screentime, like the snake guy. Side-stories about Bojji and Kage are just boring. Would be nice if the show went beyond the first season's ending but I won't get my hopes up.