AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-15, 05:55   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. How is everyone doing? Last episode was great in terms of stylistic execution once Ichigo made his dynamic entry. Gai sensei has my utmost apologies for stealing those words. Can this week's episode carry over the momentum built in the last? I guess we will find out in a few.

Enjoy the discussion.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2011-02-15, 05:55   Link #2
DarkHollowIchigo

Oh my...GOD *eyegasm*, this was epic.

Sadly there was no 'real' battle though, just a slash. Nevertheless, i really liked the looks of the Final Getsuga, im pleased.

Aizen surviving that attack, good thing that Urahara was there to handle it afterwards.
Old 2011-02-15, 06:14   Link #3
Petbe
Wingless Angel

The episode was such a tease. Sort of felt like everything happened a little too quick, as if it were rushed. Then again, Ichigo did say he was going to end it in an instant. I do wonder, why did he use the final form? He seemed strong enough to take Aizen on without changing, it seemed like overkill to me. And to transform when that is the cost of doing so, might have been a bit extreme.

I will admit to one thing, that form was bloody amazing. I want to see it again!
Old 2011-02-15, 06:27   Link #4
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petbe View Post
The episode was such a tease. Sort of felt like everything happened a little too quick, as if it were rushed. Then again, Ichigo did say he was going to end it in an instant. I do wonder, why did he use the final form? He seemed strong enough to take Aizen on without changing, it seemed like overkill to me. And to transform when that is the cost of doing so, might have been a bit extreme.

I will admit to one thing, that form was bloody amazing. I want to see it again!

Yeah, Ichigo did say that he would finish the fight in an instant. For Ichigo, changing into Final Getsuga Tenshou would be the fastest way of getting rid of Aizen.

Aizen also had a power up, Ichigo did look stronger without changing into Final Getsuga Tenshou, but maybe Aizen had more up his sleeve. Ichigo also looked very calm during the whole fight, for us as viewer that shows that he was superior, but even Ichigo did not know what Aizen could do in his new form, you saw what just 'one' of those hollow heads did with just one blast, you saw a mini-atomic bomb effect. Aizen getting all insane, he could harm Ichigo's friends and relatives easy in that form. So therefore he transformed and took care of it swiftly.
Old 2011-02-15, 06:31   Link #5
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
Considering this battle was literally over 6 years in the making, I felt it was a bit anticlimactic.
Old 2011-02-15, 06:33   Link #6
Sabinswe

Loved it even though it felt rushed.

For people who have read the Manga can you tell me (with spoilermarkers of course) what happens after this fight and will Ichi get his powers back? And if he does get them back How?
Old 2011-02-15, 06:33   Link #7
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHollowIchigo View Post

Yeah, Ichigo did say that he would finish the fight in an instant. For Ichigo, changing into Final Getsuga Tenshou would be the fastest way of getting rid of Aizen.

Aizen also had a power up, Ichigo did look stronger without changing into Final Getsuga Tenshou, but maybe Aizen had more up his sleeve. Ichigo also looked very calm during the whole fight, for us as viewer that shows that he was superior, but even Ichigo did not know what Aizen could do in his new form, you saw what just 'one' of those hollow heads did with just one blast, you saw a mini-atomic bomb effect. Aizen getting all insane, he could harm Ichigo's friends and relatives easy in that form. So therefore he transformed and took care of it swiftly.
I think the problem is that, we simply do not know. We can guess that maybe Aizen had something up his sleeve, but we simply do not know. I think I see problem as this, we are all well aware of the sheer healing abilities of hollows. Ichigo himself saw Aizen heal himself pretty rapidly. For that very reason, at least for myself, I would be weary of using an attack (as strong as it may be) that would leave myself pretty much completely defenseless.

Also, for the form. Ichigo took a direct hit from it, and was reasonably unharmed. Yes, his arm was damaged, but Ichigo also did not even try to dodge or block it. In that form, Aizen also realized that Ichigo may potentially already be stronger, and that was before it changed his form. Alas, it is all guess work at this point, we will never know. I have no clue what things will be like now, since well, Ichigo sort of shot himself in the foot. I did not like the ending though. Everyone staring off into the sunset (felt that way haha), realizing it must be over... I think it should have ended with just Ichigo standing near Sandal Hat.
Old 2011-02-15, 07:01   Link #8
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petbe View Post
I think the problem is that, we simply do not know. We can guess that maybe Aizen had something up his sleeve, but we simply do not know. I think I see problem as this, we are all well aware of the sheer healing abilities of hollows. Ichigo himself saw Aizen heal himself pretty rapidly. For that very reason, at least for myself, I would be weary of using an attack (as strong as it may be) that would leave myself pretty much completely defenseless.

Also, for the form. Ichigo took a direct hit from it, and was reasonably unharmed. Yes, his arm was damaged, but Ichigo also did not even try to dodge or block it. In that form, Aizen also realized that Ichigo may potentially already be stronger, and that was before it changed his form. Alas, it is all guess work at this point, we will never know. I have no clue what things will be like now, since well, Ichigo sort of shot himself in the foot. I did not like the ending though. Everyone staring off into the sunset (felt that way haha), realizing it must be over... I think it should have ended with just Ichigo standing near Sandal Hat.

Yeah Aizen used way more Haxx to get to the point were he is/was then Ichigo did.

Ichigo just wanted to get it over with, him transforming into Final was the fastest way in his eyes to do so. Yeah, we will never know...we only guess....but this does makes the most sense, and we are grabbing the things what Ichigo said himself and considering that Aizen does have the power to just blast the whole town away within this town his friends and family and Aizen would probably continue his path to get the key.

Ichigo wanted to get it over with, simple as that, he was tired of Aizens endless blabbing
Old 2011-02-15, 07:09   Link #9
sayde

So did this fight seriously turn out to be only an episode and a half long?
*scratches head*
I think Ichigo might've had a longer fight w/ Dordonii.
I'll watch it later when I'm feeling up to it. For some reason, I want to see this episode so badly, but at the same time, I really don't want to see it at all. I've had exam results I've felt this way about.
Old 2011-02-15, 07:15   Link #10
DiscoStu

This episode and the previous one were in my opinion the best Bleach episodes I have seen, not fight but episodes. 10/10

The final getsuga tensho form was absolutely awesome but the best part of the episode was that Uruhara was the one to defeat Aizen in the end with that seal. The reason why Ichigo unleashed it i think was because he didn't want Aizen to keep evolving, he couldn't risk Aizen to evolve into a form more powerful than him. For the first time, Ichigo had a clear power advantage and he used it, unfortunately we only got one more episode followed by probably a years worth of filler.
Old 2011-02-15, 07:23   Link #11
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinswe View Post
Loved it even though it felt rushed.

For people who have read the Manga can you tell me (with spoilermarkers of course) what happens after this fight and will Ichi get his powers back? And if he does get them back How?
we're not even allowed to post spoilers here with spoiler tags. best you can do is search the forums for the previous chapter topics.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2011-02-15, 07:48   Link #12
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
So did this fight seriously turn out to be only an episode and a half long?
*scratches head*
I think Ichigo might've had a longer fight w/ Dordonii.
I'll watch it later when I'm feeling up to it. For some reason, I want to see this episode so badly, but at the same time, I really don't want to see it at all. I've had exam results I've felt this way about.
Hahah watch the episode when you feel like watching it, my friend
Old 2011-02-15, 07:49   Link #13
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
best you can do is search the forums for the previous chapter topics.
Or you can ask via PM
So, final boss fight, epic music, lots of tears when Ichigo got penetrated, many lols when Aizen momentarily disintegrated. Too bad he's got uber regen...can't say the whole sealing part satisfies me (simply because you never know who'll bust him out, if it's possible) but at least it's better than Aizen ruling the universe after so many years of trolling.
Old 2011-02-15, 08:09   Link #14
Jerseykid

So without Urahara's spell Ichigo would have ultimately lost? Or would it have just been a stalemate with both losing their powers?

Today is a cool day, final bleach fight and a new EQ progression server for some exciting nostalgia.
Old 2011-02-15, 08:11   Link #15
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Or you can ask via PM
So, final boss fight, epic music, lots of tears when Ichigo got penetrated, many lols when Aizen momentarily disintegrated. Too bad he's got uber regen...can't say the whole sealing part satisfies me (simply because you never know who'll bust him out, if it's possible) but at least it's better than Aizen ruling the universe after so many years of trolling.
You are absolutely right, Aizen has established himself as King of the Trolls with his endless blabbing.

Old 2011-02-15, 08:11   Link #16
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
So without Urahara's spell Ichigo would have ultimately lost? Or would it have just been a stalemate with both losing their powers?
Aizen would have won, since it was Urahara's kido that took his powers away. Also I think Ichigo would have lost if he had kept fighting w/o mugetsu, because Aizen kept evolving more and more, so eventually he would reach Ichigo's level.
Old 2011-02-15, 08:13   Link #17
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post

Today is a cool day, final bleach fight and a new EQ progression server for some exciting nostalgia.

Ichigo had no more powers left, Aizen has rapid regenerate and he still has power left so yeah, if Urahara did not use his Kido on Aizen; then Aizen would probably have killed Ichigo.
Old 2011-02-15, 08:14   Link #18
medigo

yeah ichigo just hit Aizen once and he promptly regenerated and evolved
no need to waste time on anything but your ultimate attack in that case
Old 2011-02-15, 08:19   Link #19
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Aizen would have won, since it was Urahara's kido that took his powers away. Also I think Ichigo would have lost if he had kept fighting w/o mugetsu, because Aizen kept evolving more and more, so eventually he would reach Ichigo's level.
True, we also saw that both Aizen and Ichigo had similarity's when it came to transformation, would this mean that they would eventually end up having the same type of transformation?

It's Obviously that Aizen took the Hollow way, and Ichigo the Shinigami way; if we talk about looks.

I wonder if all the power that Aizen gained, was his own. Like Ichigo's power was his own. I probably think not because the Hōgyoku also unlocked certain powers which probably was not his in a natural way.
Old 2011-02-15, 08:28   Link #20
Jerseykid

Well the reason for my confusion is urahara says that the only reason his seal was able to take effect was because Aizen was weakened. And then the most important part he says the hogyoku no longer recognizes Aizen as its master. So is it the seal that is making the hogyoku no longer recognize Aizen as its master, or was it ichigo's attack. You see then ultimately the logic becomes, even if there was no seal and Ichigo's attack is what made the hogyoku no longer recognize Aizen as its master, Aizen still has his powers being taken away. So you end up with what, no powers ichigo, vs just regular shinigami powers Aizen if that?

My analysis is epic!
Closed Thread