AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-01-14, 10:24   Link #141
Imaginary_num6er
虚数

Ok, I watched ep10 and I want to say a few things about the plot:

Spoiler for Comments on ep 10:

Last edited by Imaginary_num6er; 2006-01-17 at 06:17.
Imaginary_num6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 15:40   Link #142
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Spoiler for my thoughts about ep10:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
Sadly but true there is talk of a hentai version
That is so wrong on so many levels...
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 19:03   Link #143
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Episode 10 was the most depressing of the two series. It was like watching an innocent little kid die, really sad..
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 22:17   Link #144
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
Episode 10 was the most depressing of the two series. It was like watching an innocent little kid die, really sad..
It was pretty sad. Though a lot less violent than how I thought she'd go...

(now for the others... )
Old 2006-01-15, 23:28   Link #145
ayyo

Food for Thought
Rozen Maidens are dolls, yet they can cry, blush and eat food (where does it go? but thats another topic). Yet do they feel 'warm'? I can't believe Jun never commented on this if the dolls feels icy and stiff or warm, especially since he touched/holded a few when they were emotionally stung.

Anyway
Spoiler:
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 01:02   Link #146
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm not minding much at all about the last outcome, but I won't stop crying until the very end of Traümend.

Sousei-seki and Hina-Ichigo's sleep 'deaths' broke my heart, but to tell you that I do not hold ill wishes against Suigin-Tou.

She has begun to open the door of her heart to the sick girl, whose name I don't recall. I imagine that she's now attempting to become 'Alice' for that girl's sake in order to heal her with all the seven Rosa Mysticas when gathered, and not anymore for the vain desire to become Father's perfect girl.

Spoiler:

I disagree with someone else who previously theorized that Bara-Suishou is not a real Rozen Maiden doll.

Anyways, Traümend cannot end in only twelve episodes given the timing. It will need a thirteenth one or else the plot will seem rush and confusing for the remaining episodes.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 02:13   Link #147
gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imaginary_num6er
Ok, I watched ep10 and I want to say a few things about the plot:

Spoiler for Comments on ep 10:

Maybe it's a nasty reply ... but: I cannot accept the chain of associations "JUN KUN -> UN JUNK".

Of course, this looks quite charming, and I was tempted to have a similar thought wrt Rozen Maiden (first season). But alas, such splitting into letters is totally "un-japanese". Besides the pronunciation (Jun-kun does not sound very similar to Junk-un) there is the fact that japanese is based on syllables. Ask japanese people to read "kana" in reverse and they will answer "naka", at least if they are not too much spoiled by so-called western languages. Anyway, it is NOT a japanese pun, but maybe wishful thinking of Rozen Maiden watchers instead. Sort of charming, as I meant above.

Greetings, Gonzo
gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 06:22   Link #148
Forever
Revealing the truth

Episode 10 was definitely a tearjerker..... BUt strange, no tears from me. I felt much sadder with Sousei instead.....

With this much stuff revealed, is there time to settle them all in 2 eps? I think not....

Anyway just to add the odds list
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-16, 06:30   Link #149
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Spoiler for Some thoughts on the purpose of the Alice game...:
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 06:33   Link #150
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy
That's exactly how I felt! *Weeps*
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 12:36   Link #151
Jekyll
Rozen Detective

Episode 10 was indeed pretty sad. Actually more so than the last one, for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
Rozen Maidens are dolls, yet they can cry, blush and eat food (where does it go? but thats another topic). Yet do they feel 'warm'? I can't believe Jun never commented on this if the dolls feels icy and stiff or warm, especially since he touched/holded a few when they were emotionally stung.
My theory on the food stuff is that Rozen Maiden dolls contain some sort of perfect (no waste) matter to energy converter. This energy is then used for powering conventional movement (reducing the need to be rewinded and usage of the medium's power) and also for producing heat, which leads to the temperature part.
In episode two of the first season, Shinku told Jun to close the windows because it was chilly. This allows for the assumption that the dolls prefer (or even need to function correctly) a certain temperature. Thus, if they did not produce (and thus radiate) heat on their own, they would likely need a certain "heat up" period of lying in the sun, like some cold-blooded animals do. As such a thing was never mentioned and would be pretty inappropriate, it can be deduced that Rozen Maiden dolls are indeed 'warm'.
As for the stiffness, I'm not sure whether it might be worth mentioning, that (in episode one of the first season) Jun commented on Shinku being soft, while touching her face.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jekyll; 2006-01-16 at 13:30.
Jekyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 13:27   Link #152
JHawkNH

****Very Wild Prediction Ahead****

1. Shinku Becomes Alice.

2. We find out that there have been Many Alice Games. (I am wondering if the memories of Suigintou vs Shinku during what looked like WW2, the episode that Suigintou was revived, were actual memories from a past Alice game that had been erased/blocked from their memories.)

3. Alice becomes the partner/wife of the current incarnation of Father. (In this case Jun. The father were saw in ep 10 was the previous reicaration of Father)

4. Alice gives the new father(Jun) the power to revive all the Rozen Maidens.

5. Alice is human and when see passes away in the future, all the dolls lose their memories again, and the Alice game starts all over again.

Just some wild seculation, but it would make for an interesting twist.

P.S. Have the creators stated that there would be only 12 eps. everyone seems to assume that there will only be 12 because there was only 12 last season. Why couldn't they do the standard 13?
JHawkNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 13:45   Link #153
PastPrime

It looked to me like, in episode 10, the doll maker was about to tell Jun how to bring the souls back just before they switched scenes. So Jun may know how to bring them back now. As for Alice, I think that they are setting it up for Suigintou to be Alice by giving her something to fight for other than herself.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 16:06   Link #154
gonzo

Some additional thoughts about becoming Alice:

When Shinku had her arm torn off by Suigintou she said she could not become Alice anymore, because from that moment on she was a defective doll ("junk").

Therefore, any doll having defects will never become Alice. This rules out Barasuishou. She has at least a defective eye (whatever may be covered by the eyepatch). The eyes of the Seki-Twins are differently coloured, that's far from being perfect - ruled out. Hina Ichigo and Kanaria? Too childish to become Alice. Remain: Shinku and Suigintou. Is Gin now a complete doll? And if she is, why has she been completed? Such kind of perfection would then be possible for each of the dolls, sort of reanimation?

Shinku is the only doll, who nearly always stays calm, she knows nearly all about the Alice Game, and she has a watch. Why? The only other one with a conscienceness of time seems to be Gin.

Another thought about Shinku. In the first season there was a development. Jun and Shinku both became more human. Jun, because he began to leave his hikikomori-hermitage, and Shinku showing some emotions. There had even been a little touch of erotic tension between the two. In the second season there seems to be nearly no active participation of Jun, and Shinku is more or less sitting on a fence. Taking over the Roza Mystica she looked quite cold. What has happened to Shinku??

Besides that there are lots of hints pointing to some kind of reincarnation ...

Enju being "Father" is annoying. It does not fit into the gothic, i.e. victorian, style of the first scenes. And it does not fit to the WW2 memories. He is too young to have made the dolls. Again remaining: Laplace. What is the concept behind the role of Laplace? Should he be the "deus ex machina"-explanation for that huge heap of inconstiencies? Again annoying? I am not sure.

IMHO, those two final eps have to be stuffed with possible and impossible acts and explanations.

All we can do is sit and wait.
Old 2006-01-16, 16:45   Link #155
Swann

Finally, I have given up peeping and decided to post – !

Just thought I would add my predictions.

This won't be another Mai HiME (or I guess in way it will be). Come the end of eps12 all dolls will be alive. It was said that as long as a doll is loved it never dies and this series has made quite an effort in showing that every doll has the love and need of its master, except perhaps Barasuishou. The twist will be in how it happen: lets say a combination of Shinku giving up the Alice choice and Jun's magic fingers. Oh, at some point Suigin will lose a fight because she couldn't use her medium's powers (this scene is definitely coming if only because of how often it was pointed out that her master could die.)

Still don't like that they're closing this up with only two more episodes. Here's hoping for more.
Swann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 18:04   Link #156
gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swann
Finally, I have given up peeping and decided to post – !

It was said that as long as a doll is loved it never dies and this series has made quite an effort in showing that every doll has the love and need of its master, except perhaps Barasuishou. The twist will be in how it happen: lets say a combination of Shinku giving up the Alice choice and Jun's magic fingers. Oh, at some point Suigin will lose a fight because she couldn't use her medium's powers (this scene is definitely coming if only because of how often it was pointed out that her master could die.)

Still don't like that they're closing this up with only two more episodes. Here's hoping for more.
Nice ideas! Especially wrt the concept of love (it held for the clown in season 1). Shinku giving up is charming to.

Ok, there might be no twist anymore. But what should additional eps be good for? Season 3? Just now I imagine a new story with a disppointed Enju and that Laplace-Bunny. Laplace's revenge or: How Rozen Maiden saved the world.

If only my Japanese could be alive again! For now it is in Hina's state. I do like the subs, but they are of course coarse - and a japanese word has the property of being similar to a chamaeleon: It changes colour, flavour, taste and meaning according to the context. I am pondering over that translated word "soft" describing the surface of the dolls. Maybe it has the meaning of "soft AND warm". I cannot decide, because upto now I could not understand the word Jun used in ep1 of season 1 ... In Petopeto-san there had been a similar translation; but Petopeto is by far more difficult as every figure has its own dialect.

oyasuminanou.
Old 2006-01-16, 21:28   Link #157
kitsura
King of Brave

They should have just let Suigintou died at the end of episode 1 and left it as that. Pandering to fans has never turned out well in the end. Just look at what happened to Evangelion and Gundam Shit...oops I mean Seed Destiny after the creators decided to give in to fan feedback. My only prediction for the series is that it will all be revealed in episode 12 with hints in episode 11. Just by going to the official website and reading the super vague summary for episode 11 I can guess something spoilerish must be up (death of another doll).
kitsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 21:53   Link #158
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsura
They should have just let Suigintou died at the end of episode 1 and left it as that. Pandering to fans has never turned out well in the end. Just look at what happened to Evangelion and Gundam Shit...oops I mean Seed Destiny after the creators decided to give in to fan feedback. My only prediction for the series is that it will all be revealed in episode 12 with hints in episode 11. Just by going to the official website and reading the super vague summary for episode 11 I can guess something spoilerish must be up (death of another doll).
Suigintou was suppose to be alive in the manga. So if they want to truer to the manga then they do need suigintou back.
Old 2006-01-16, 22:47   Link #159
kitsura
King of Brave

But since the anime doesn't really follow the manga storyline (Souseiseki is evil in the manga) so its safe to say that the anime writers can do whatever they want.
kitsura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 11:30   Link #160
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quite a nice episode, but a little too rushed. Too many revelations crammed into one episode (one flaw of many animes in my opinion). The drama wasn't too bad in episode 10 though. It was rather sad that Hina Ichigo left like that with such a scene...

Oh another note, shock after shock...First, we find out that the bespectacled man is Laplace, and suddenly we find out Enju is Father...And why exactly is he sorta on Barashuisho's and Laplace's side? What kind of conspiracy fo they have? Three more episodes...So I would expect explanations to fly in fast and hard, though the next episode looks more like a Maiden battle. While it seems impossible for Enju to seem to be Father due to the possible time lapse, it could be possible that he might be the descendant of the first 'Father' instead. It's a wild guess, but hey, at least it's speculation.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural