AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2003-12-18, 20:52   Link #21
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
DVD-RW burners are cheap, heres a DVD burner for a $100 http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...152-006&DEPA=1

Although that is a cheap DVD-RW, it isnt a very good one. I would recommend buying a little more expensive DVD burner for more quality and assurance in it not breaking after a week =/

Oh if we're talking about how much our video cards cost, mine is was $470 when I bought it (ATI 9800 pro 128mb)
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 20:59   Link #22
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Well here is my burning horror story. I bought a 100pack from Fry's Electronics and they were on sale for $10.00, thought it was a great deal. Well out of those 100, 17 were bad burns---right away no waiting didn't even pass the verification check. I will never use that brand(Pro-Media 40x 700mb) again. I use the Nero Program because it has the nifty verification process to make sure the burn was successful. I now use the Sony highspeed 48x 700mb cdr and they have been great. So far i have use 110 of them and had 2 bad burns(my fault too, my computer skipped when i tried to use my winamp) so all in all i haven't had a real bad burn with them. This is the brand i will stick with, they are a 100pack for $29.00 about $31.00 after tax.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:04   Link #23
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
Well here is my burning horror story. I bought a 100pack from Fry's Electronics and they were on sale for $10.00, thought it was a great deal. Well out of those 100, 17 were bad burns---right away no waiting didn't even pass the verification check. I will never use that brand(Pro-Media 40x 700mb) again. I use the Nero Program because it has the nifty verification process to make sure the burn was successful. I now use the Sony highspeed 48x 700mb cdr and they have been great. So far i have use 110 of them and had 2 bad burns(my fault too, my computer skipped when i tried to use my winamp) so all in all i haven't had a real bad burn with them. This is the brand i will stick with, they are a 100pack for $29.00 about $31.00 after tax.

Yes! Lets start talking about the appilication everyone uses from burning. I starting using easy cd creator but that really sucked ass. So i switched to nero burning software, and all i can say is that nero is so freaking easy to use and good at burning that monkeys can do it!
Old 2003-12-18, 21:10   Link #24
Masuki

I use Fujifilm,never had a problem with them except when overburning too much,but that would happen with all cd's.I have used a few cds vigorisly,loaned,I even had my CKY video sit like a coaster.With a little wash that sucker played like new.Also,the admin of cdrfreaks placed fujifilm in his top 10

TOP 10(the best first):
Kodak
Mitsui toatsu
Richo made by richo(not those made by ritek).
MPO
Fujifilm (their new phthalocyanine media is REALLY good)
Tayo yuden
Prodisc
Acer gold
ritek(and richo made by ritek), only phthalocyanine
Moser baer india/multimedia masters & machinery, only phthalocyanine type.

BOTTOM 10(the worst first):
Fornet international (only cyanine type)
CMC Magnetics
AMS Technology
Lead data
Xcitek
XEO Corporation
Multimedia masters & machinery (only cyanine type)
TDK
Ritek (only cyanine type)
Mitsubishi chemicals/verbatim

done by factory name.
Masuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:15   Link #25
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuki
the admin of cdrfreaks placed fujifilm in his top 10
the thread was made in 2002, not sure if it is still accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Yes! Lets start talking about the appilication everyone uses from burning
can use nero burning rom and i include a sfv file(by quicksfv) into the burning, then insert the cd into a normal cd drive and verify the files

(msg edited due to ph33r of being accused of using pirated softwares)
bOcyOgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:22   Link #26
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Yes! Lets start talking about the appilication everyone uses from burning.
I use:
On Windows, "burnatonce"
On Linux, "K3B"
Both are totally free to download and use forever.

That means you don't have to pirate the disc-burning software! Now you won't feel guilty anymore!
Old 2003-12-18, 21:36   Link #27
FinFangFoom
The Man, The Legend......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOcyOgl
Hi there,

my friend taught me a little about cd-rs, you have to make sure what cd manufacturer made the cdr you bought.

read this article here to know more about it

there are links to threads about which cd manufacturer is good at the bottom of the article

i personally trust prodisc only (but that doesnt mean that all cdrs made by them is good. I used to have some very cheap prodisc cdrs but because the dye is too thin or somethin, it came off after 1 month!!! i guess its you get what you paid for!!!)

hope it helps

--edit--
a quick way to find out your cdr manufacturer is
put the blank cdr in
run your nero burning rom
click view
click recorder
click media info, media info window pops out
hold shift key and click refresh, the manufacturer name should pop out
Wow, this is an increadibly useful post for me! I compared one of my older FujiFilm cd's to the new ones and this is what I found.

Old one made by: Taiyo Yuden Company

New one made by: Prodisc Technology Inc; 9 (also tested a memorex and found it made by this company also )

Of course now I have to start over from scratch to figure out what to use. The plus side, almost everyone here seems to like Memorex so my new fujifilms might still be ok.

fftopic: I use nero for burning, I love it.
FinFangFoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:37   Link #28
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
So i switched to nero burning software, and all i can say is that nero is so freaking easy to use and good at burning that monkeys can do it!
You got that right.... I know how to us nero after all. Its so freaking easy.

Quote:
Oh if we're talking about how much our video cards cost, mine is was $470 when I bought it (ATI 9800 pro 128mb)
Well the one I'm going to get can play half life 2 and doom3 on it. Plus it comes with a free game. (Its either eVGA 5900 XT or 5900 np. not to sure which one.)
corp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:39   Link #29
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
I use:
On Windows, "burnatonce"
On Linux, "K3B"
Both are totally free to download and use forever.

That means you don't have to pirate the disc-burning software! Now you won't feel guilty anymore!

Who says i ever feel guilty
Old 2003-12-18, 21:41   Link #30
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I use a lot of GQ and some Memorex brand CDs. I bought a pack of 100 GQ CDs for $3.50 and 4 CDs out of the hundred were faulty so that's not bad. I mostly use Memorex for burning things I really want to keep forever on a CD and so far I haven't had any problems with them, but Memorex is a little bit more expensive than GQ from where I buy I them. As for burning software, I used to use Roxio a long time ago but I got sick of it because it could not burn VCDs properly, then I switched to Nero and I have been using it ever since.
Old 2003-12-18, 21:47   Link #31
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
I bought a pack of 100 GQ CDs for $3.50
god thats thats less than $0.10 per cd ... CDrs in UK are like GBP0.20 per cd, without case or spindle tub
Old 2003-12-18, 21:51   Link #32
Elysium
できるから。。。

Send a message via AIM to Elysium
I've heard that Memorex is by far the best from a tech-savvy friend. Of course, I just have a total of 200GB of HD space, so no worries about burning anime for me. :P
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 21:51   Link #33
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Who says i ever feel guilty
What, don't you ever wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night, realising that all your burnt CDs of fansubs, movies and MP3s were made with illegal burning software?
Old 2003-12-18, 21:51   Link #34
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
god thats thats less than $0.10 per cd ... CDrs in UK are like GBP0.20 per cd, without case or spindle tub
There more in the UK because they pay tax to the music industry....... or was that Canada. I forget.
Old 2003-12-18, 21:56   Link #35
GipFace

Nyaa~

Princo all the way. Some people say that they're horrible (due to short dye strategy), but I have 2-year old Princo CDRs and they still work. My guess was that my CD burner's laser was amazing.

However, get Princo and not Princo Budget ...

Now that I have a DVD burner, I'm going Memorex because there are no other 4X approved media brands to buy around here. Hee hee ...

There more in the UK because they pay tax to the music industry....... or was that Canada. I forget.

There is a tax (or more technically, a 'levy') of $0.21 per CD-R up here in Canada, so you won't find CDs cheaper than that over here. The cheapest labelled 50-pack you can find costs $22 ($0.44/CD-R) and 100s are $38. I've seen $16 spindles but they're nothing but trouble -- they're unlabled and the die can be scratched off with your finger.

However, the DVD+/R levy of $2.27 (!) per unit wasn't voted in last week, so at the moment there is no levy on them yet. You can get 5 DVD+/Rs for $10 which means that the storage price is cheaper than CD-R.
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 22:01   Link #36
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
I've heard that Memorex is by far the best from a tech-savvy friend. Of course, I just have a total of 200GB of HD space, so no worries about burning anime for me. :P
not to curse you, but sometimes hardware crashes (sound of metal hitting metal) *touch wood*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
What, don't you ever wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night, realising that all your burnt CDs of fansubs, movies and MP3s were made with illegal burning software?
man fansubs are illegal, movies are illegal, mp3s are illegal... i cant even sleep peacefully !!!!

going to sleep gnite all
Old 2003-12-18, 22:32   Link #37
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace
There is a tax (or more technically, a 'levy') of $0.21 per CD-R up here in Canada, so you won't find CDs cheaper than that over here. The cheapest labelled 50-pack you can find costs $22 ($0.44/CD-R) and 100s are $38. I've seen $16 spindles but they're nothing but trouble -- they're unlabled and the die can be scratched off with your finger.

However, the DVD+/R levy of $2.27 (!) per unit wasn't voted in last week, so at the moment there is no levy on them yet. You can get 5 DVD+/Rs for $10 which means that the storage price is cheaper than CD-R.
Damn I can make a killing on the Canadian black market.
Wait Canada doesn't have a black market unless you count them trading Canadian bacon for regular bacon.

Last edited by corp20; 2003-12-18 at 23:53.
Old 2003-12-18, 22:46   Link #38
Darkstar2525

I mostly use Memorex for Cd-rs. I've been thinking about getting a dvd burner soon. How does this one look?

Lite-on
Darkstar2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 23:17   Link #39
Esperchld
Photographer

well ashibaka, what better to burn illegal media with than illegal software.

Why do you assume that everyone pirates everything that they use that isn't free? Or are you just trying to peddle your free candy you evil candy peddler?

Or am I the only one here who the only illegal activity they do is download/share fansubs?
Esperchld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 00:33   Link #40
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
They usually cost $7, but I bought that $3.50 pack during thanksgiving shopping.