AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2015-06-08, 02:42   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Does this board have a Twitter embed function?

Given that we already have features like youtube embed, I'm wondering if this board has the ability to embed twitter posts. If it doesn't, can said feature be implemented sometime?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 08:52   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You mean those enormous images I see sometimes in other places that are used to display a thirty-seven character comment? I'll put on my grumpy old man face and say I hope we don't see that kind of stuff here. What makes AnimeSuki special for me is the number of contributors who write reasonably extensive and often articulate postings in good English. Twitter is the very antithesis of that approach to English diction.

MAL seems a lot more appropriate location for Twitter posts.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 09:18   Link #3
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

This post reflects my personal views on this, and is not an official comment on whether the staff will or will not add or consider such a feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
You mean those enormous images I see sometimes in other places that are used to display a thirty-seven character comment? I'll put on my grumpy old man face and say I hope we don't see that kind of stuff here. What makes AnimeSuki special for me is the number of contributors who write reasonably extensive and often articulate postings in good English. Twitter is the very antithesis of that approach to English diction.

MAL seems a lot more appropriate location for Twitter posts.
Yea I agree a bit, youtube offers something we don't (videos) while this just offers something we already have text (in a different format) so youtube makes sense to have a feature for while Twitter seems a bit unnecessarily from my personal view.

And I don't see any reason you couldn't just copy the message from Twitter and put it into a quote tag with who it was from if you're wishing to share it here.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-08, 22:09   Link #4
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
I don't even use twitter
Old 2015-06-09, 05:17   Link #5
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
And I don't see any reason you couldn't just copy the message from Twitter and put it into a quote tag with who it was from if you're wishing to share it here.
One reason is because sometimes news, info, and even certain images are presented via twitter nowadays, and having an embed function would allow the actual source itself, aka the tweet, to not only be displayed on the page, but also link back to it, instead of having to rehost the image on the page, copy the text, and pasting the url for the tweet. It makes the image easier to confirm for those who want to see where the info came from, and all the relevant information from that tweet can be posted simply by using its tweet number and a couple of tags.

This query was actually prompted by the use of twitter embeds in another forum I go to, where instead of just saying "hey this info from twitter says...", they'll just embed the actual tweet, saving us the time of having to find it for verification purposes, and at the same time any info and images on that tweet will be displayed as well, making the presentation lean and clean.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote