AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 21:07   Link #1
MeggieMay

Cluster Edge

I could only find the first page cashed at Google, so if someone can run down pages 2 and 3, I'd be grateful

Quote:
http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...nimesuki&hl=en

Old 2005-07-11, 20:00
Rikichi

Rikichi is on a distinguished road

Cluster Edge
New anime by Sunrise.

http://www.cluster-edge.net/
Send a private message to Rikichi
Find More Posts by Rikichi
Old 2005-07-11, 20:08
NeoSam

NeoSam has disabled reputation

Its based on a manga serialized in the shoujo manga magazine Lala DX.

I see many male characters so I'm really frightened to watch this. I'm probably going to check the first episode if it doesn't have any shounen-ai, I might continue with it.

Magical Cute (Magi-Cu); the best moe~ bishoujo magazine ever
NeoSam
View Public Profile
Send a private message to NeoSam
Find More Posts by NeoSam
Old 2005-07-11, 21:23
Rikichi

Rikichi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Its based on a manga serialized in the shoujo manga magazine Lala DX.

I see many male characters so I'm really frightened to watch this. I'm probably going to check the first episode if it doesn't have any shounen-ai, I might continue with it.

I do not be gay and loved loveless.
Send a private message to Rikichi
Find More Posts by Rikichi
Old 2005-07-11, 23:18
DaFool
loves handsome women

DaFool will become famous soon enough

What, no girls? True, there are many good stories that have few or no females (or conversely, stories with many girls more often than not tend to approach s-u-c-k)
But still...
The target demographic for this show could be as follows:
Boys 6-12
Women 16-49
DaFool
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DaFool
Find More Posts by DaFool
Old 2005-07-12, 02:24
wao
I'm Not The Only One

wao will become famous soon enoughwao will become famous soon enough

Wow, thanks for the heads-up, I've been keeping an eye on this just cos it looked interesting (usually most series with only guys in them don't tend to hold my interest)... the site's majorly updated!

So finally this is going to get properly animated, I can't wait. I wonder how the mecha's going to get in. It's got a bit of a HP feel though...

edit: It looks quite different from the directors' other works Inuyasha and Gundam WING btw. The character designer is a very experienced, skilled one I think - his designs have always looked very consistent (the lovely clean ones of Turn-A... and the Yakitate ones that stick to the manga really well... blah blah)

Pity it's still in planning stages so there's a way to go, but it's great news for me... That site has been un-updated for ages and ages...
Remind me to listen to that.
Last edited by wao : 2005-09-09 at 23:15.
wao
View Public Profile
Send a private message to wao
Send email to wao
Find More Posts by wao
Old 2005-07-12, 07:47
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is on a distinguished road

hahaha. When I fist started seeing stuff on this I thought it was another shounen-ai series. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that. I do like the style of the mechanical elements though.
Send a private message to Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Find More Posts by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Old 2005-09-09, 13:03
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

dreamless has a spectacular aura aboutdreamless has a spectacular aura aboutdreamless has a spectacular aura about

wow this looks fantastic! A shounen-ai anime from Sunrise? This is terrific!

It seems to be a Turn A Gundam + Meine Liebe for me, so many pretty boys

Finally a new shounen-ai anime to look forward to after Loveless
Send a private message to dreamless
Find More Posts by dreamless
Old 2005-09-09, 23:18
wao
I'm Not The Only One

Yeah, I'm definitely checking this up - it's airing 4/10/05... I wonder how the animation is like, I hope it's really good... I like the atmosphere.

Though I don't exactly have much of a fancy for shows full of guys ...
wao
View Public Profile
Send email to wao
Find More Posts by wao
Old 2005-10-03, 21:59
Effect

Effect is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Effect Send a message via Yahoo to Effect

Cluster Edge
Don't really know a lot about this new Sunrise/Bandai series other then it's being directed by the guy that did Gundam Wing (and the OVA), Inuyasha (1 to 44), Ronin Warriors (1-19) and a few other shows.

The images of I've seen of it seem interesting. Animenfo has it labeled as a Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy.

Has anyone heard anything else about this show? Know of any groups that have announced that they plan on subbing it?

I don't believe it's aired yet, ANN has the first episode listed as airing on Oct 4, 2005 which is tomorrow.

http://www.cluster-edge.net/
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4671
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,3...ster_edge.html
Effect
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Effect
Send email to Effect
Find More Posts by Effect
Old 2005-10-05, 17:02
Breno

Breno is on a distinguished road

Hmmm.. A little disappointed, this seems very artificial to me, characters not much convincing, animation is great, music and atmosphere are strange...^^

wao, Angel Heart is amazing.
Send a private message to Breno
Find More Posts by Breno
Old 2005-10-05, 18:19
Magus IX
Dead Aggressor

Magus IX is on a distinguished road

I'm loving this series, haha. It has an old-school shoujo vibe with some more modern stuff thrown in (probably why it seems so odd to you, Breno). Hard to take seriously, but very very funny. It's like Last Exile x Meine Liebe.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Magus IX
Find More Posts by Magus IX
Old 2005-10-06, 06:56
wao
I'm Not The Only One

LOL, this show really is quite hilarious. The first thing that came to my mind after watching the whole thing was "old-skool vibe" - the storyboarding somehow reminds me of those older shows...

You definitely can't take this show seriously, it's full of cliches (I seriously couldn't stop laughing at the flowery-background bit and the bit where Agate and Beryl were spinning around ), but somehow it seems interesting still... I really did like the animation when what'shisnamedude (was that Chrome?)'s plane was being attacked by the other dudes later on... it really was quite exciting.

The music was kind of exciting, actually... It did turn out a bit cheesy, but still, the director of this ep did a good job matching the scenes and the music, it was quite effective... (The person who did the directing of this episode has done some excellent episodes of Planetes before...) And the opening sequence, while it had some excelletn action in the beginning (because it was snitched from teh episode itself!), kind of flopped later - but the music's kind of catchy.

Anyway, I hope this continues in this streak but more of the fun stuff and less of the serious stuff and more nice exciting action bits please. It might turn out to be something like a funny spoof. Or maybe just a lot of fun like Gun X Sword.
wao
View Public Profile
Send email to wao
Find More Posts by wao
Old 2005-10-06, 11:58
chison
WallPaper 魂 EX

chison is on a distinguished road

it feels like..gundam-w....type of chara style....without the gundam~pilot a plane

quite a good one.....let's hope this is not BL and all...then i recomend it
chison
View Public Profile
Send a private message to chison
Visit chison's homepage!
Find More Posts by chison
Old 2005-10-06, 12:25
Gankutsuou

Gankutsuou is on a distinguished road

I hope this turns out to be another shounen ai series! The first episode was great and it seems like it's going to be a show for us ladies.
Send a private message to Gankutsuou
Find More Posts by Gankutsuou
Old 2005-10-06, 17:37
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

dreamless has a spectacular aura aboutdreamless has a spectacular aura aboutdreamless has a spectacular aura about

from the first episode... why I feel it's a male version of Mai-HiME + Kannaduki no Miko? Too bad it seems Sunrise doesn't plan to put much money into this, I guess their main budget burner this season is Mai-Otome, naturally an anime about a school of all boys won't get as much money as an anime about a school of all girls
Send a private message to dreamless
Find More Posts by dreamless
Old 2005-10-06, 18:50
BluWacky

BluWacky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
from the first episode... why I feel it's a male version of Mai-HiME + Kannaduki no Miko? Too bad it seems Sunrise doesn't plan to put much money into this, I guess their main budget burner this season is Mai-Otome, naturally an anime about a school of all boys won't get as much money as an anime about a school of all girls

Having just watched My-Otome episode one, it makes me quite sad to see how underfunded Cluster Edge is in comparison.

I mean, yeah, My-Otome is likely to be really popular, and the first episode was really good. But if they'd given the first episode of Cluster Edge an animation budget like that, I just think it could have been REALLY awesome, rather than the kind-of good it was.
BluWacky
View Public Profile
Send a private message to BluWacky
Find More Posts by BluWacky
Old 2005-10-07, 19:04
Magus IX
Dead Aggressor

Magus IX is on a distinguished road

Agreed. It was pretty obvious where they were cutting corners.

(Admittedly I loved the first episode of My-Otome, so if it were a matter of choosing between having one well-animated series and one not-so-good one, or both of them being slightly above average... I think I'd choose the former.)
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Magus IX
Find More Posts by Magus IX
Old 2005-10-07, 19:39
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs Founder

Maceart is on a distinguished road

The animation was quite shoddy, and the bishounens were too effeminate for me. I guess I'll stick with the almost all female cast of Mai-Otome ^_^

What do you think about the planetarium? The beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when all the stars in the sky are waiting for you.
Maceart
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Maceart
Find More Posts by Maceart
Old 2005-10-10, 11:07
Friera

Friera is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it aired? Will someone sub it? I can't find it...
Friera
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Friera
Find More Posts by Friera
Old 2005-10-10, 12:55
Maywind
Koushakufujin

Maywind is on a distinguished road

Anime-Shrine and Shining Fansubs have just released episode 01.
Maywind
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Maywind
Find More Posts by Maywind

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-02, 21:46   Link #2
Gage

This may have been discussed in the other pages that were lost in the great MB fire of '05, but I could have sworn Agate saved Chalce after they crashed into the ocean. Didn't he draw Chalce out of the water with him? Or was that just a dead body?
Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 06:23   Link #3
MeggieMay

I could have sworn we saw Agate pull Chalce out of the water with him as well but the show seems to be stating he's dead. That said
Spoiler for spoiler theorizing:
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 09:36   Link #4
Mareel

Send a message via AIM to Mareel
I think agate is somehow closely related to chalce.

Spoiler:

I can't wait to learn more about how they are related.

Spoiler:

I also would like to see more about Chalce's friend, the Cluster Edge teacher and what he is doing after the events that have happened to him so far in the story.

I guess they will do that in future episodes though. The series has so much potential though, I wish the studio that is handling it had more funds for production. In so many places its obvious they are lacking badly when it could be so much better. (The usage of so many flashbacks and the subsequent reusage of previous material is a glaring example of this that drives me buts, but as I so often say, "Eh, What are you gonna do?"). Is anyone else really annoyed by that? It seems like alot of the episodes lately have been somewhat narrated semi recaps which kinda sucks, but at least each one sort of brings some more understanding and different perspectives to the situation. Episode 7 or 8 and episode 10 seem very similar, and it made me very mad when I downloaded the first of the two after a release hadn't come out in so long and it was a recap(and so early in the series!).

I love the setting, its fairly unique and very interesting. The ways technology has been developed to where some things are amazingly advanced and others are reminescent of of the late 19th century is very cool. Somewhat makes it a steampunk setting without the punk , and its a bit more advanced than steampunk settings as well.

Anyways, I'd like to thank the AnimeYuki guys for coming out with so many episodes lately in quick succesion, and for doing an all around great job. If any of you read this board I was wondering if that was because you guys finally got time to do so because of the break between school semesters? :P

I'm really anxious to see more, this series was a nice suprise, and so far has been my second favorite of the fall 2005 series, second only to the extremely addictive Mai Otome
Mareel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 10:21   Link #5
Triker

Well,It is interesting to know why Agate knows Chalce's past. I don't think he has Chalce's memory in the same way as Chrome. In the first episode, it seems like Agate and Chalce never met each other before.

So far, l enjoy the setting of this series but it would be much better if Sunrise stops doing recap episodes. I thought GSD is bad but this is worse. Can they move the story faster?
Triker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 01:33   Link #6
LunaNeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker
but it would be much better if Sunrise stops doing recap episodes. I thought GSD is bad but this is worse. Can they move the story faster?
Word.

Episode 8 was a complete recap and I deleted it as soon as I fast forwarded through it, 9 had some new footage and 10 was ENTIRE RECAP AGAIN! What are they, stupid or something???? They show new episode and then another one is a recap? That is SO retarded, I am REAL close on giving up on this show, seriously!
LunaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 20:46   Link #7
Gage

Ahh well, at least they havn't pulled a Wolf's Rain and had 4 recap episodes in a row. Those were just horrible.
Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 10:19   Link #8
Amy-sama
Anime Epicurean

I'd have to agree that the recaps are getting tiresome.

But I would really like to know why Agate seems to have no memories of Chalace, but has his memories. I know how he got his memories, but why would he keep thoses, but only subconsciously remember Chalce? (Agate seems to lose his memories after every major crisis.)

I'm hoping that the up comming eps are better. This has so much potential.

and on the side....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareel
I'm really anxious to see more, this series was a nice suprise, and so far has been my second favorite of the fall 2005 series, second only to the extremely addictive Mai Otome
I know that feeling!

In process: BLEACH, Bus Gamer, Code Geass R,D.Gray-man, Eyeshield 21, Ghost Hound, Itazura na kiss, Kyou Kara Maou R, MaR, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Persona ~trinity soul~,Special A, Straight Jactket, xxxHolic:Kei.
Amy-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 07:25   Link #9
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

THEY'RE OUT!!!!!

After an age of waiting and praying AnY have finally finished the series. Join me in thanking them for their hard work

*runs off for a Cluster Edge festival*
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 07:26   Link #10
Amy-sama
Anime Epicurean

*Does a little happy dance*

Finally I get to see then ending of this. I've been follow this since... *gasp*

Thanks to AnY and ShiFa for finishing this out. I finally get all my questions answered. My OCD is happy now. Well at least for the present moment.

In process: BLEACH, Bus Gamer, Code Geass R,D.Gray-man, Eyeshield 21, Ghost Hound, Itazura na kiss, Kyou Kara Maou R, MaR, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Persona ~trinity soul~,Special A, Straight Jactket, xxxHolic:Kei.
Amy-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 17:53   Link #11
AnimeFangirl

Just started watching this. If you treat is as an unintentional parody of the shounen fantasy/mecha/boy's love genre (complete with bishie sparkles) it's really quite funny.
Old 2008-04-20, 01:54   Link #12
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

What, no girls?
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 15:49   Link #13
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
REVIEW TIME

You have probably noticed how anime after mid 2000 turned a lot to a 12 episode format. The reasons can vary, but watching a series like Cluster Edge, I almost excuse the industry. THIS SHOW IS SO SLOW.

Most people usually don’t notice a thing called pacing but this show is so bad at it, even the majority figured it out. The producers just had to fill a full season with a story that easily fits in half the time. And there was so little going on, they even had to throw in lots of recap episodes at random intervals, repeat things a hundred times, reuse footage in flashbacks and make people talk a lot about things that are not very interesting to begin with.

All that is a real shame as the actual story was interesting. It has war drama, racial discrimination, mystery, super powers, aerial fighting and some more. If all that were zipped down to half the airtime it would definitely make the show far more enjoyable. But still, the story would again feel bad at points for other reasons.

The ending is weak. So simple for all that was going on; one would be made to expect a lot more to happen. And the characters ain’t really special in any way. They are two-dimensional to the most part, easily separated to angsty teens and sadistic adults. As for the girls … there are no girls; only dudes with some background decorations of women just to not make us think people in this world are hermaphrodites. I understand it has to do with war, which in the setting of the story is purely a man’s turf, but come on. Even macho dudes have a sweetheart to wait for them back home or some local enemy peasant girl to ra… err, interact with. Yet all we see is a sea of men, mostly drawn too pretty or almost like girls.

Which is another issue. To whom is this show oriented to with so many guys on board? Typical males will definitely get gay vibes with so many pretty boys talking so nicely to each other with those cute or perky voices of theirs. Typical females will most likely find all this phalocratic militarism too violent and uninteresting without some deep romance going on. Even fujoshis won’t like it because nobody openly admits being gay and in a forbidden relationship with another. So what does this leave us with; is this show for homosexuals?

Many compared the characters and the setting to Gundam series and yes I can see how the same archetypes and themes exist here as well. The thing is, Gundams had far more action and a lot more epic showdowns… Plus they were Gundams; who cares how bad they were; they are hits just for their name. Cluster Edge doesn’t have all that, plus those dog fights or sword duels aren’t that interesting to begin with.

Yet another issue; the action. It’s so damn boring and random; you see a dozen people firing machineguns on some hero and he stands still for several seconds without being hit. Yet when he goes to the offence, they drop like flies. So what if most main warriors are artificial supermen? Then don’t stop bullets with their mind and explosions don’t get repelled by their auras. Also the main hero has a really broken power that allows him to perform miracles; effectively he can win all the time no matter how dangerous the situation may be. That is so cheap and boring after awhile.

The only good part of the show is the background artwork. Not the males; they are all too girly and alienating. The setting is a blend of early 20th century, with many machinery being given a far more futuristic look. Still, the actual animation is very bad as most of the times the characters will be standing frozen and flashes or speed lines will be used as cheap visual effects to replace movement. The soundtrack has a few beaty tunes but nothing memorable, while voice acting is just nice (albeit deliberately girly for some).

Bottom line? If you watch Gundam shows you have no reason to pay attention to this afterwards. Wasted potential and bad directing around a premise found in other shows in a far more interesting way.

Animation: 7
Sound: 7
Story: 3
Characters: 4
Value: 1
Enjoyment: 3
Overall: 4/10
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 11:14   Link #14
tyciol
*Artist

Wow, so I just realized, I added AnimeYuki's torrent for episode 1 June 2010 and it still hasn't finished

I was wondering guys, while there's only 1 option to choose from (AnimeYuki's) from episode 7 and onward (with Shi-Fa co-op from 15-18) any idea what to choose from for episodes 1-6? I figured Yuki for simplicity of episode naming. Any idea how Shi-Fa and anime shrine's work on the earlies compares?

This stalling is kinda depressing actually. It does look like there is a "series complete" torrent on Nyaa now, perhaps we could add it?

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=170564

It looks to be a compilation of the aforementioned works mentioned on the torrent. Episodes 1-14 are listed as Yuki and Shi-Fa is given credit for helping with 15-25 rather than terminating at 18 which kinda confuses me.

Since it also has DDLs (though I haven't tested them) it looks like a potentially good option for helping people get this series since the torrents seem to have stalled due to lack of popularity.

Edit: On further analysis, the 19-25 torrent file we are tracking here even lists Shi-Fa in the name so it seems pretty clear that they worked on it...

It seems we are missing the last episodes 26/7/8 released on OVA:
*Day of Gathering
*White Footprints
*Wings of Freedom

Can't find anything so I'm assuming they remained unsubbed. Perhaps tracking the 25 ep complete batch could raise awareness of groups to this series and we could see them some day

Hm, wonder why that reviewer guy got banned...

Edit2: Coming back to this, I'd recommend taking advantage of the MegaUpload DDLs that Vesto posted in a reply, because it's not being seeded very well. Last I checked, they're still up.

This series is pretty interesting, a lot of sci fi themes, very shounen-ey...

The only thing that is kind of irking me is the RECAPPING. Apparently, so much had happened in the first 6 episodes that they thought episode 7 had to be a recap episode... tolerable... until episode 10 came and they did it AGAIN.

I'm getting the impression that when I'm done, I'll have thought this anime could have been condensed into 12 eps.

Edit3:

Fon wants you to watch his anime.

Last edited by tyciol; 2012-01-11 at 16:23.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote