Didn't Viz do the Naruto dub?

....SHIT!
Old 2006-03-08, 22:34   Link #22
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Viz Media Acquires Bleach Anime (06:36 PM EST): According to this report from C21 Media back on February 6th, Viz Media has acquired the Bleach anime in order to push more into the teen anime market. This comes at a time when a recent Cartoon Network interview has the commentator talking about how Bleach is very much an Adult Swim oriented show and would fit well in their line-up. Time that with Inu Yasha getting closer to finishing and it looks as if Viz Media is lining things up for their next big TV push in addition to Naruto.
Unfortunately I cannot check their sources since I am not a subscriber to C21Media. No wonder everyone has been ignoring it, even though it was published on February 6. Can someone please post the original article here? If you subscribe to C21Media, click this link.

If all it says is that some executive at Adult Swim said that "would fit well in their line-up" then it is hardly a claim that Viz has it. I'd like to know what is actually said. I figure it has to be more than what AnimeOnDVD bothered to post, or else they would have ignored it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-03-08, 22:47   Link #23
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

I'm a big fan of the manga, and I'm currently buying Viz's translation of it. Stayed away from the fansubs because I didn't want to spoil, this is good news indeed. I await the DVD release.
Old 2006-03-08, 22:55   Link #24
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Unfortunately I cannot check their sources since I am not a subscriber to C21Media. No wonder everyone has been ignoring it, even though it was published on February 6. Can someone please post the original article here? If you subscribe to C21Media, click this link.

If all it says is that some executive at Adult Swim said that "would fit well in their line-up" then it is hardly a claim that Viz has it. I'd like to know what is actually said. I figure it has to be more than what AnimeOnDVD bothered to post, or else they would have ignored it.
See http://forums.animeondvd.com/showthr...d&sb=5&o=&vc=1 for the reason he posted it.
Old 2006-03-08, 22:57   Link #25
Myname

Great, gives me a reason to download the DB version now, been waiting for Lunar since it's filler and all so it wasn't important.

Don't change much, I'm sure DB will still sub it regardless.
Old 2006-03-08, 23:13   Link #26
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousuke
*blinks*

Didn't Viz do the Naruto dub?

....SHIT!
Yes, they did, and well at that (not to mention they're going to release uncut box sets for a very good price...). But I suspect you're one of those people who'd bash it just for being a dub no matter how good it is...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Old 2006-03-08, 23:15   Link #27
fettel

well, if this is true, then eventually we would get the games. and then i wouldnt have to be smarter to get the jap version with the good voices. if this follows the naruto dub then...well, it aint really appropriate to read the words out loud. might summon some terrible demons or something....hmmm...

that exec that said bleach would fit in america was on crack and probably the guy behind naruto's VAs. they better not force the subbers to stop. that would totally ruin the last hopes of this country bein okay. seriously, type in 'failure' on google, and hit 'im feelin lucky'. now, if this aint true, then this country is already in ****.

wait. Viz is already translating the bleach manga? wtf?! arent they still scanlating that stuff? HBO had spawn? when did this happen? why the **** am i out of the loop here?!

oh man, i just saw flashes. the swords will have gay names(or at least be pronounced like some ignorant white-boy would say it. ZAN-GET-SUE anyone? i swear naruto shoulda stuck with technique instead of JOOT-SUE. it woulda fit with the mouth movement). that pink haired chick wont be a lesbo anymore( ). theyll reduce inoue's boobs(*cant breathe*). the voices will be like on the naruto dub. or worse, naruto's VA will be ichigo's. if they edit out the blood and the swearing, it aint gonna be pretty. they'll make Don Kanonji's VA Michael Jackson, and instead of 'spirits are always with you', well, its MJ, so pick something sick and disturbingly pedo. and on that, ichigo's dad wont be after his daughters anymore( that **** was actually funny. what a loser) i cant think of it anymore. gonna get nightmares...

why dont american companies leave jap anime alone?! they charge 20 a pop to get a DVD with the subbed version(that is americanized mostly still). think of your own ****! make more boondocks! and leave chapelle alone so he doesnt leave again you ******* idiots!

thats my two cents of ranting. im done.

Ryuujin, it aint that people are bashing it for being a dub, its just the dub STINKS! its slightly above One Piece, but thats it. most people that bash naruto have seen the subbed one, like most true anime lovers, and some compare the two. others just dont like the VA. granted, they are trying their best. but still. when you tone down an anime that was meant to have suspenseful moments and blood and some language( naruto mostly. hes a loudmouth in either one, but the jap one doesnt make me want to commit mass slaughter), things just dont turn out. look at DBZ. first they tried makin it for kids. then they took out the blood, and most of the violence, and some language, and some episodes that turned from mindless fighting for a few moments. if bleach turns out like naruto, god save this country.
Old 2006-03-08, 23:22   Link #28
SasuraiHell

i'll post what i posted on another forum about this...

".....DAMmit, ", it really sucks now that its licenced...

*clicks stop and delete on his current bleeach epsiode...even though its at 90%*
*sighs*.
no screw that im wathn' this final episode and i guess...back to waiting for the tubed version..

*crys*
Old 2006-03-08, 23:35   Link #29
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettel
wait. Viz is already translating the bleach manga? wtf?! arent they still scanlating that stuff? HBO had spawn? when did this happen? why the **** am i out of the loop here?!
Viz has had bleach manga for years. HBO had spawn years ago.

Quote:
(paranoia about how bleach would be handled on tv)
Watch the Naruto Dub. It is almost uncut. If Bleach is aired on [AS], it will be uncut. Seriously, the naruto dub is not THAT bad. They are also releasing uncut dvds in July. They will have real subtitles. If you like the show so much, buy those. The dub is not that bad. There is nothing even close to a 4kids one piece hackjob. Stop talking like it is 5 years ago and go watch some subbed anime and see how it is handled.

Quote:
why dont american companies leave jap anime alone?! they charge 20 a pop to get a DVD with the subbed version(that is americanized mostly still). think of your own ****! make more boondocks! and leave chapelle alone so he doesnt leave again you ******* idiots!
No, the subtitles are rarely americanized. I do not know what you have bought but it does not seem like it was a title that was aimed at non-children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasuraiHell
i'll post what i posted on another forum about this...

".....DAMmit, ", it really sucks now that its licenced...

*clicks stop and delete on his current bleeach epsiode...even though its at 90%*
*sighs*.
no screw that im wathn' this final episode and i guess...back to waiting for the tubed version..

*crys*
Yet another person who is complaining about it being licensed without any reason to back it up. Stop whining without reason. And I can't wait to see what other paranoia people will come up with and excuses about how they can't get anime for free anymore.
Old 2006-03-08, 23:41   Link #30
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
well, if this is true, then eventually we would get the games. and then i wouldnt have to be smarter to get the jap version with the good voices. if this follows the naruto dub then...well, it aint really appropriate to read the words out loud. might summon some terrible demons or something....hmmm...

that exec that said bleach would fit in america was on crack and probably the guy behind naruto's VAs. they better not force the subbers to stop. that would totally ruin the last hopes of this country bein okay. seriously, type in 'failure' on google, and hit 'im feelin lucky'. now, if this aint true, then this country is already in ****.

oh man, i just saw flashes. the swords will have gay names(or at least be pronounced like some ignorant white-boy would say it. ZAN-GET-SUE anyone? i swear naruto shoulda stuck with technique instead of JOOT-SUE. it woulda fit with the mouth movement). that pink haired chick wont be a lesbo anymore( ). theyll reduce inoue's boobs(*cant breathe*). the voices will be like on the naruto dub. or worse, naruto's VA will be ichigo's. if they edit out the blood and the swearing, it aint gonna be pretty. they'll make Don Kanonji's VA Michael Jackson, and instead of 'spirits are always with you', well, its MJ, so pick something sick and disturbingly pedo. and on that, ichigo's dad wont be after his daughters anymore( that **** was actually funny. what a loser) i cant think of it anymore. gonna get nightmares...

thats my two cents of ranting. im done.

Ryuujin, it aint that people are bashing it for being a dub, its just the dub STINKS! its slightly above One Piece, but thats it. most people that bash naruto have seen the subbed one, like most true anime lovers, and some compare the two. others just dont like the VA. granted, they are trying their best. but still. when you tone down an anime that was meant to have suspenseful moments and blood and some language( naruto mostly. hes a loudmouth in either one, but the jap one doesnt make me want to commit mass slaughter), things just dont turn out. look at DBZ. first they tried makin it for kids. then they took out the blood, and most of the violence, and some language, and some episodes that turned from mindless fighting for a few moments. if bleach turns out like naruto, god save this country.
You must not watch [adult swim] at all if you did you'd know almost all of there shows keep the anime intact...The fact you had no clue SPAWN aired on HBO over 5 years ago tells me your mindstate...It would be one thing if BLEACH was going to toonami, but Adult Swim changes everything...Do you watch GITSSAC, FMA, Parnoia Agent, Neon genesis Evangalion, Cowboy Beop, etc. Those shows have stayed intact..Hell Paranoia Agent and NGE had basically full sex scenes in the anime with no editing at all...Do you ever watch Adult Swim comedy?? You know about the Boondocks, then you should also know most of their comedy is extreme bathroom humour and beyond sexually suggestive...So I have no doubt the BLEACH "lesbo" as you call her will stay intact...I understand that that was a rant, but you sound real ignorant in terms of the show being on [adult swim] (That changes the whole debate so stop comparing it with Naruto on that level)....It obviously will have some Americanizing as all dubs do, but comparing it to One Piece (the worst dub of modern history isn't the way to go)...
Old 2006-03-08, 23:41   Link #31
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
big post about it being America's fault Naruto got a bad localization and Bleach might too
First of all, it's not the country's fault that anime is censored. It's TV/FCC executives. I bet the last thing on George Bush's agenda is making sure you get uncensored anime. And you are jumping to extreme conclusions here. If Bleach airs on [as] I doubt it will be edited at all. There is a gay character in Inuyasha, as far as I know they didn't edit anything like that out. Don't see a reason they'd omit a lesbian character from Bleach. Murrue Ramius's boobs in Gundam Seed didn't get any kind of editing, and that aired on Toonami, and anime aired over Toonami is subject to much more editing. I'd say Murrue and Inoue are on par with each other in terms of chest size, so I have nothing to fear.

As far as pronunciations go, well, that's what happens when actors who don't speak Japanese have to read Japanese words. So the inflection is on the wrong syllable, or they stress something too much. Okay, wow. Big deal. Would you rather they pronounce Zangetsu incorrectly (but not too off) or rename the sword to Excalibur? I think I've made my point.

Lighten up. Anime aired on [as] gets minimal editing. I haven't seen all that much edited out of FMA or Ghost in the Shell TV. Evangelion has some pretty graphic episodes that aired uncut. And if you still don't like it, then stop blaming the country on your hate for anime localization and don't watch it. The country is not holding a gun to your head and making you watch censored anime...
Old 2006-03-08, 23:51   Link #32
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I can just imagine the horrible voices now, Like...Kagome from IY as Rukia, or Miroku as Ichigo >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin
Yes, they did, and well at that (not to mention they're going to release uncut box sets for a very good price...). But I suspect you're one of those people who'd bash it just for being a dub no matter how good it is...

Naruto's dub is NOT good. It is an auditory castration.

Naruto's voice specially makes me want to grind my nether regions on a cheese grater just to get my mind of the pain.
Old 2006-03-08, 23:54   Link #33
hat_hair

Quote:
why dont american companies leave jap anime alone?! they charge 20 a pop to get a DVD with the subbed version(that is americanized mostly still). think of your own ****!
You realise, of course, that the Japanese releases are around 30$, often more, and only have 2 episodes on instead of 3-4?

I'm not even going to touch on the dub-hating, but honestly, it's a sad day when people get upset because something popular was licensed. (Unless it's by 4Kids, who refuse to release subbed versions.)
Old 2006-03-08, 23:58   Link #34
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
Yet another person who is complaining about it being licensed without any reason to back it up. Stop whining without reason. And I can't wait to see what other paranoia people will come up with and excuses about how they can't get anime for free anymore.
The fact that it's licensed means that at least some groups will be quitting their subs for this series. One of those groups being Lunar. I love their subs! Their subs are frickin' awesome! Now they're not going to be subbing it anymore! CRAP!!!!!
Old 2006-03-09, 00:01   Link #35
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by hat_hair
You realise, of course, that the Japanese releases are around 30$, often more, and only have 2 episodes on instead of 3-4?

I'm not even going to touch on the dub-hating, but honestly, it's a sad day when people get upset because something popular was licensed. (Unless it's by 4Kids, who refuse to release subbed versions.)

Well honestly, some dubs are just shit.

One Piece is a prime example, The voices are just horrible.. And thats not even taking into account the millions of horrible and pointless edits to turn a mature teen rated show into a 6 year olds show.

Gundam SEED is another bad dub IMHO, the voices just make me cringe.

But there are good Dubs, to.

Excel Saga, Dai-Guard, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, I think they are all great series [ and I buy them when I can, I own the Excel Saga Set, and the Dai-Guard boxset ]
Old 2006-03-09, 00:17   Link #36
SasuraiHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
well, you want my reason, verywell then.

first off where i live anime is very, and i mean very scarce, theh only thing realted to anime is..well the yu-go-oh craze (ew), now thats over theres nothing here.,
as for t.v time,
Our satellite package was very basic so i dont get adult-swim or cartoon--network,
the next station that suplies that is i think YTV, they have some good anime but not ones i've already seen, i doubt they'll have bleach any time sooon..

fansubs are my only means of getting anime that i am really interested in, .
so i guess i could hold out for a few more years

so yup, a licened bleach for me is a downer, so i'll just have to search for some more anime thats arent or about to licenced any time sooon like ecchi-anime...lol,

..first Blood+, and now Bleach...
my worlds up side down.
Old 2006-03-09, 00:36   Link #37
ranchan13

Bleach getting liscensed by Viz is nearly as bad as Pretty Cure being brutally destroyed by 4Kids
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2006-03-09, 00:43   Link #38
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
I PAID $50 USD to read this...

Viz uses Bleach to clean up in teen market

Japanese animé and manga licensor Viz Media has acquired its first title aimed at the older teen and young adult demo.

Bleach comes from the same family of manga as Viz Media properties Shonen Jump, Dragonball Z and Naruto, but instead targets an older age group than the company's usual core demo of seven- to 12-year-olds.

"Bleach is one of the big heavy hitters coming out of Japan, for which we have pretty big expectations. It is a very highly rated show on TV Tokyo at the moment," said John Easum, executive VP of Viz Media.

The property is already a very strong manga publishing title in the US, and Easum feels this is a "strong indication of how it will perform as a series."

According to Daniel Marks, MD at Viz Media BV, the Amsterdam-based company Viz launched in October with licensing outfit Copyright Promotions Licensing Group, teens will find it easy to identify with Bleach's characters.

"They are hip, trendy and fashionable," said Marks. "It sort of fuses a cool Samurai-esque feel with a retro style – all in present-day pop culture Japan that we think will resonate really well with the teen demo."

Bleach follows 15-year-old high school student Ichigo Kurosaki, who is able to see and fight the undead after an encounter with a 'soul reaper.' With his newfound powers, Kurosaki and his crew take on a brand new vocation: ghost-busting.

Jo Anne Kenny
6 Feb 2006
© C21 Media 2006

Last edited by Starks; 2006-03-09 at 00:58.
Old 2006-03-09, 01:02   Link #39
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
If they are targeting Teen market with Bleach, its going to be one hell of a bad thing. Especially since they are targeting 7-12 year old teens....

What the hell is this ?!
________
Nq50

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:11.
Old 2006-03-09, 01:03   Link #40
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun
If they are targeting Teen market with Bleach, its going to be one hell of a bad thing. Especially since they are targeting 7-12 year old teens....

What the hell is this ?!
Read the article..

Bleach comes from the same family of manga as Viz Media properties Shonen Jump, Dragonball Z and Naruto, but instead targets an older age group than the company's usual core demo of seven- to 12-year-olds.