AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2010-01-20, 14:27   Link #741
Lucy_Nyuu

max2k:

im totally new to karaoke with after effects (and after effects itself, today is my third day - second day with pichus (awesome) script ) so forgive me if somethings wrong:

im using at least two layers:

one with the fade in/outs but without the syl (opacity) and one without the rest, so that the effect really only applys to the syl. (there is probably a better way that i dont know, whatever - it works)

animate the effect like any textanimator/transform (keyframes and so on), and add the following to your xml-thing:

<property name="effect.effectname" syl="syl" /> <- or without the 'syl="syl"' if its for the fade/line stuff.

or

<property name="effect" syl="syl" /> <- if you want to use every effect in the layer.

dont know if thats the way it should be done, but it works.

crash-kun:

thanks for the tutorials(ive read the whole thread searching for your videos, and finally found them on the last page ).

are there more tutorials coming?

the first three are awesome and id really like to see how youre doing your karaoke (the world destruction op, asura cryin 2 ed, or a tale of melodies ep6 ed for example).
Lucy_Nyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 19:10   Link #742
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_Nyuu View Post
im using at least two layers:

one with the fade in/outs but without the syl (opacity) and one without the rest, so that the effect really only applys to the syl. (there is probably a better way that i dont know, whatever - it works)

animate the effect like any textanimator/transform (keyframes and so on), and add the following to your xml-thing:

<property name="effect.effectname" syl="syl" /> <- or without the 'syl="syl"' if its for the fade/line stuff.

or

<property name="effect" syl="syl" /> <- if you want to use every effect in the layer.

dont know if thats the way it should be done, but it works.
That is perfect! Thats normally how I do it as well

Quote:
crash-kun:

thanks for the tutorials(ive read the whole thread searching for your videos, and finally found them on the last page ).

are there more tutorials coming?

the first three are awesome and id really like to see how youre doing your karaoke (the world destruction op, asura cryin 2 ed, or a tale of melodies ep6 ed for example).
I'm sure eventually I'll make some more tutorials...The World Destruction OP was not made with pichus script but its super easy and fun to make so Ill probably do that one. Send me a PM on IRC (my nick is crash)
crash-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 06:31   Link #743
Lucy_Nyuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash-kun View Post
That is perfect! Thats normally how I do it as well
normally? so there is an other/better way? i'd like to learn it right... somehow

Quote:
I'm sure eventually I'll make some more tutorials...The World Destruction OP was not made with pichus script but its super easy and fun to make so Ill probably do that one. Send me a PM on IRC (my nick is crash)
your world destruction op karaoke doesnt look easy to me, but i also think is would be fun to try (and probably really helpful for us beginners ).

another question: is there a way to tell the script, that the fade out should not overlap with the next line?

thats not really important, but would be usefull(doing that manually at the moment).

i'd like to send you a pm on irc since ill probably have one or two questions regarding your second tutorial(wich i've only watched and not tryed - i'm going to try that one right away), but thats not that easy due to the different timezones etc.

anyways: looking forward to some more of your tutorials!

edit: thanks for the script, pichu!

Last edited by Lucy_Nyuu; 2010-01-21 at 06:54. Reason: saying thanks
Old 2010-01-21, 17:18   Link #744
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Quote:
normally? so there is an other/better way? i'd like to learn it right... somehow
The "best" way depends on what kind of effect you are using, if you are going to make something explode for example, each syl has to be on a different layer. However if your just adding a glow or something similar then you can do it the way you do it now.

Quote:
another question: is there a way to tell the script, that the fade out should not overlap with the next line?
Not really, you can however give fixed transition timing now, that may help some, but if your having a really bad problem with overlapping lines then you may want to split the karaoke into 2 sections (like my Kurokami OP). I normally just shorten the transitions some or go in by hand for the few lines that do overlap :/

Quote:
i'd like to send you a pm on irc since ill probably have one or two questions regarding your second tutorial(wich i've only watched and not tryed - i'm going to try that one right away), but thats not that easy due to the different timezones etc.
You would be surprised, I'm always online so if you have a question or something, I'll see it whenever I'm at my PC. I IRC much more often than here
Old 2010-01-23, 05:21   Link #745
Lucy_Nyuu

Quote:
You would be surprised, I'm always online so if you have a question or something, I'll see it whenever I'm at my PC. I IRC much more often than here
haven't seen you yesterday on #animesuki

as ive thought: ive got a problem with your second tutorial...

everything works, but the .png moves a little unpredictable, while the pos from the syl itself doesnt...

xml:

<layer name="romaji" >
<line name="romaji" />
<animator name="colorscale" syl="syl" />
</layer>
<layer name="lucy" >
<line name="romaji" />
<property name="effect.Position.Punkt" syl="syl" pos="romaji" />
<property name="effect.TransPos.Punkt" />
</layer>

lucy is the name of the .png i'm using, "Punkt" is german for "Point".

i've also tried this as xml-config:

<layer name="romaji" >
<line name="romaji" />
<animator name="colorscale" syl="syl" />
</layer>
<layer name="lucy" >
<line name="romaji" />
<property name='effect("Position")("Punkt")' syl="syl" pos="romaji" />
<property name='effect("TransPos")("Punkt")' />
</layer>

MY AEP

i've tried that with all the karaoke i've done so far in after effects, and i've also started 3 times from scratch...

what am i doing wrong?
Old 2010-01-23, 14:24   Link #746
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

Did u change the origin point? xD
LelouchVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 17:16   Link #747
Lucy_Nyuu

i haven't changed anything... i did that just like crash in his tutorial...
Old 2010-01-23, 19:49   Link #748
max2k

I think he means the anchor point (Ankerpunkt auf Deutsch) ... you should give it a try.
Old 2010-01-24, 04:04   Link #749
Lucy_Nyuu

well i did try linking the anchor point to the syl pos, but that didnt change anything.

would you may mind helping me on this one (du bist der max2k aus #badapple, oder?)?
Old 2010-01-24, 07:03   Link #750
LelouchVII
Hagane no Renkinjutsushi

Lol i haven't spoke German in ages xD Linkin the anchor point to syl position won't do. U must set the origin of the layer independently.
LelouchVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 14:21   Link #751
Lucy_Nyuu

could you fix the .aep ive uploaded so i can see what youre talking about?

ive never seen anything called "Origin/Ursprung" in after effects...

would be nice if you could

thanks!
Old 2010-01-25, 11:32   Link #752
max2k

Quote:
would you may mind helping me on this one (du bist der max2k aus #badapple, oder?)?
Yes i am. But i dont know if i would realy be of a big help. The now still unreleast Ookami OP is the first FX i done with the xml version of Pichus Script...

My next Kara (a PV) would need anchor point animation i think. Maybee we could help each other ...
Old 2010-01-25, 19:47   Link #753
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Quote:
haven't seen you yesterday on #animesuki
Thats not a channel I idle in, however I do idle in #gwi-afx which is the afx channel

Quote:
everything works, but the .png moves a little unpredictable, while the pos from the syl itself doesnt...
If you are referring to the slight difference in Y values from syllable to syllable, that is because letters have different heights, all you have to do is modify your expressions. I may not have covered that in the tutorial, I don't remember anymore :P

Change the expression on the Transform property Position to something like this:
Code:
add([effect("Position")("Punkt")[0],35] , effect("TransPos")("Punkt"))
What this does is uses the X value that the script generates for position and then disregards the inconsistent Y value and replaces it with the bold value, in this case 35. You can change the number to what ever you want, you could even make a Null layer and put a slider on it and use that value as the X value, then you can change them all at the same time on the fly
Old 2010-01-26, 04:02   Link #754
Lucy_Nyuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k View Post
Yes i am. But i dont know if i would realy be of a big help. The now still unreleast Ookami OP is the first FX i done with the xml version of Pichus Script...

My next Kara (a PV) would need anchor point animation i think. Maybee we could help each other ...
sure.

i'll be on irc later/tomorrow.

Quote:
Thats not a channel I idle in, however I do idle in #gwi-afx which is the afx channel

If you are referring to the slight difference in Y values from syllable to syllable, that is because letters have different heights, all you have to do is modify your expressions. I may not have covered that in the tutorial, I don't remember anymore :P

Change the expression on the Transform property Position to something like this:
Code:
add([effect("Position")("Punkt")[0],35] , effect("TransPos")("Punkt"))
What this does is uses the X value that the script generates for position and then disregards the inconsistent Y value and replaces it with the bold value, in this case 35. You can change the number to what ever you want, you could even make a Null layer and put a slider on it and use that value as the X value, then you can change them all at the same time on the fly
thank you!

that'll be really useful in the future.
Old 2010-02-14, 11:33   Link #755
Mr sasori

Hi, I need to filters After Effects , I Have the filters Trapcode , but I want other help me work, good kareoké
and Thank you
Mr sasori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 01:45   Link #756
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Recently I've been getting a lot of questions regarding how to add an effect like Glow to just the syllables. While there is a conversation and answer a few posts up I feel that an example may help people understand how to do it so here you go.

Adding Glow to Syllables

Unfortunately I do not have access to the server running my site atm so this will have to suffice. It also strikes me that my second tutorial shows how so to this, maybe I explained it poorly?

Just to show that there is no ONE way to do things here is another example that is slightly different. This one abuses the fact that you can make the Glow effect just show the glow and ignore what is glowing.

Adding Glow to Syllables Again
Old 2010-03-30, 21:59   Link #757
Kudo Shinichi
Tante-San

Hi. I have use the AAF. But how to save the video file that i make?
Kudo Shinichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 18:47   Link #758
Lucy_Nyuu

hi, crash-kun!

i just watched your third tutorial again some days ago, and im wondering what hapened to those tuts youve mentioned at the end, especially the... how did you call it? "silly and way over the top fire karaoke"?

greetings
Old 2010-03-31, 22:41   Link #759
crash-kun
AFX nub
*Fansubber

Quote:
i just watched your third tutorial again some days ago, and im wondering what hapened to those tuts youve mentioned at the end, especially the... how did you call it? "silly and way over the top fire karaoke"?
Well the fire karaoke has been put on hold for now :/ When school started I pretty much put all fansubbing projects on hold so I could concentrate. That and I recently started a rather extensive AFX project so that takes most of my free time. Really finishing the fire karaoke would not take much more time, since I have the effect layed out, the only thing left to do now is set it up for karaoke generation. If you want to see a screen cap of the effect so far then here :P
Spoiler for Fire:

Of course there is much more when it is animated, each syllable ignites then slowly burns off. As it burns it leaves an ash remnant of the syllable and once the whole line is finished, the ash blows away. Its rather entertaining and getting the whole thing to be generated with a script was interesting, but it does work!

About the tutorial describing how to make it, I'm slightly concerned that the tutorial would be horribly long, its a rather in depth process and I tend to ramble while making tutorials which only serves to make them longer :P Once summer break rolls around who knows. I will most likely have lots of free time and finishing that karaoke is definitely on my list, just not at the top.
Old 2010-04-01, 15:17   Link #760
Lucy_Nyuu

Quote:
Well the fire karaoke has been put on hold for now :/ When school started I pretty much put all fansubbing projects on hold so I could concentrate. That and I recently started a rather extensive AFX project so that takes most of my free time. Really finishing the fire karaoke would not take much more time, since I have the effect layed out, the only thing left to do now is set it up for karaoke generation. If you want to see a screen cap of the effect so far then here :P
Spoiler for Fire:

Of course there is much more when it is animated, each syllable ignites then slowly burns off. As it burns it leaves an ash remnant of the syllable and once the whole line is finished, the ash blows away. Its rather entertaining and getting the whole thing to be generated with a script was interesting, but it does work!

About the tutorial describing how to make it, I'm slightly concerned that the tutorial would be horribly long, its a rather in depth process and I tend to ramble while making tutorials which only serves to make them longer :P Once summer break rolls around who knows. I will most likely have lots of free time and finishing that karaoke is definitely on my list, just not at the top.
damn, that looks great

i've been playing around with some trapcode plugins, and got it to work as i've wanted(mostly)... but... seriously... i'd like to see how you did that

i also dont think anyone has something against long tutorials.

ps. would be a great effect für shakugan no shana third ;D

Last edited by Lucy_Nyuu; 2010-04-01 at 15:22. Reason: spelling