AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 63 40.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 34.42%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 16.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-01, 04:56   Link #41
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0nyb0y View Post
I literally laughed out loud when seeing a scene where Sawako dashes to the photo album. That's a parody to a Thai movie called "Ong Bak" featuring Tony Jaa. The moves aren't exactly the same, of course, but it captured the spirit of the original scene quite well (esp. the dash through hula hoops instead of a roll of barbed wire). Some of the staffs in KyoNi are probably action-film fans.

The making of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH2aRuxyznk

The actual scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p310Y0tctr8
Thanks god, I thought that I was the only one thinking of Ong Bak. Sadly for KyoAni, Japan don't have tuk-tuks =P
Old 2009-05-01, 05:24   Link #42
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I understand now why Mugi joined the club after she saw Mio and Ritsu go through their flashback sequence.
Old 2009-05-01, 05:51   Link #43
bugal
Cereal Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
I understand now why Mugi joined the club after she saw Mio and Ritsu go through their flashback sequence.
That explains it!

And Mio doesn't even seem to mind. Give Eyebrows-chan a show Mio, cultivate your harem now!

Now that Kanako ... ehh Sawa-chan has revealed her true form there's bound to be costume rapin' in the next episodes!
Old 2009-05-01, 06:25   Link #44
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
EPIC SAWAKO IS EPIC!
The teacher is the foremost authority in yuri in their school. Mugi is her second-in-command.

(And the "Sawako!" chanting is awfully close to "Kanako!")

Comments on the episode:

This was a great episode, some parts really had me in stitches. Especially the part where Yui is, uhm, "pleading" to Ritsu so she can be their vocalist, then utterly failing. Mugi's yuri tendencies was a surprise for me (I haven't read the source material) and I approve of her picking Sawako to ogle-ahem, admire. I can plainly see that Mio is jealous and uneasy about the new competition, but hopefully they get along well.

All of the girls antics managed to elicit laughs from me, even though most have been already used in the previous episodes (Mio is just too cute). Yui singing with a hoarse voice was really funny. Yui and Ritsu managed to score some points to elevate them on my ranking, but Sawako just blew right past them to take second place. So right now, it is: Mio > Sawako > Mugi > Ritsu > Yui > Ui > Nodoka.

Spoiler for shipping ^_^:

Last edited by Keio; 2009-05-01 at 07:58. Reason: grammatical errors
Old 2009-05-01, 06:41   Link #45
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
I have always wondered since reading that scene in the manga, how the hell do you play guitar with your mouth?
Old 2009-05-01, 06:44   Link #46
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I have always wondered since reading that scene in the manga, how the hell do you play guitar with your mouth?
by licking? I bet their even training their tongue...

I guess Yui going to master her tongue next time , so she can be a Queen of Licking on the bed...wait...
Old 2009-05-01, 07:29   Link #47
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Probably they use their teeth to bite the guitar pick tightly..there's no way you can play a guitar with a tongue,unless if you train long enough with your tongue,and make your tongue's surface becomes harder..but still its impossible..i think?

I never heard of a case where your tongue can harden in the same way your finger would...is there any?

Its either bite the guitar pick with your teeth,or you use the upper front side of the teeth...

Correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 2009-05-01, 07:53   Link #48
speck123

They use their teeth, though if you have some sort of piercing on your tongue ...
Old 2009-05-01, 07:57   Link #49
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Spoiler for Sawako:

I can't help but get a "Priss and the Replicants" vibe from this version of Sawa-chan.

Also:

Spoiler for For the LULZ:

This series is just flat-out entertaining and this ep is no different. Sawa-chan brings a whole new dimension to the group dynamics. I can't wait to see what other touches she adds for the upcoming festival performance.

High points of this episode for me:

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Overall another solid episode if not quite as epic as last week's. 8/10 for me.
Old 2009-05-01, 08:16   Link #50
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well... the whole teacher flashback, along with her mad dash to the music room made me laugh out loud a couple of times. The whole episode was fun - the music lyrics were just... totally different from what I was expecting (even Mio agreed: "How can I sing such an embarrassing song?") and that was funny as hell, too.

All in all, a nice continuing episode. Now, for the school festival!

Old 2009-05-01, 08:40   Link #51
Karnot
Banned

Girls' legs are now, once again, have been nicely fattened and bent. Good job.
Old 2009-05-01, 08:50   Link #52
Divini
Senpai!

Sawako confessing the 2nd time in her demon outfit all blushing floored me with lul

Yui trying to get Ritsu to pick her to sing was great fun also!

Though, for some reason Yui's 2nd look with those flirty lashes entranced me somehow...
Old 2009-05-01, 09:38   Link #53
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

After watching this episode.... there exists the possibility that calling episode 6 epic might be an understatement.
Old 2009-05-01, 09:49   Link #54
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

I gotta say this is by far my favorite episode yet.

That is all
Old 2009-05-01, 10:00   Link #55
typhonsentra

Without a doubt the best episode to date.

"You're overdoing it...."
Old 2009-05-01, 10:19   Link #56
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

A little better than the last episode.
Spoiler:

Needs more Nodoka, IMO. Short-hair + glasses + composure = very attractive. That aside, at least we got some music this time around. I look forward to the concert and cosplay tomfoolery.
Old 2009-05-01, 10:20   Link #57
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Episode 5 article is up:

[RIUVA] K-ON!, Episode 5

Sawa-chan sensei clearly is the point where K-ON! steps it up a notch. It was even more awesome than I expected it would already be.....10/10, buddy. 10/10.

Well then, will the concert next episode be the one to finally beat the legendary SHnY12? Only God Knows.
Old 2009-05-01, 10:35   Link #58
Taken

Ep 5 is superbly entertaining! Sawako-sensei is fast becoming one of the favorite with her dual personality and epic guitar skills! While the 4 provides the usual moeness to the show.
Old 2009-05-01, 11:02   Link #59
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ZOMG!!! LESBIAN MUGI!!! hot. i really enjoyed the guitar piece that played when Sawako was recounting her past. Yui was great this ep, especially when she lost her voice. Ritsu was ruthless. haha.
Old 2009-05-01, 11:16   Link #60
royrbff
Foxhound

Send a message via MSN to royrbff
What a great episode, sawako was very funny with her chances of personalities. For next espisode I cant believe Mio is gonna sing that song! I cant wait to see it!
Closed Thread