Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-11, 03:42   Link #41
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
I did enjoy the music in Rakkyo, but most of it was the same few songs in each soundtrack, just remixed in different ways.
No what you just said is far from the truth. Have you actually listened to the scores from each film, because you'd see that each score has it's own themes and pieces. There's just one piece that's used a few times, but that's no surprise because it is been made out to be the main theme.

& yeah, Yoko Kanno would be a rather interesting choice for this project.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-04-11 at 04:09.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 21:12   Link #42
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No what you just said is far from the truth. Have you actually listened to the scores from each film, because you'd see that each score has it's own themes and pieces. There's just one piece that's used a few times, but that's no surprise because it is been made out to be the main theme.

& yeah, Yoko Kanno would be a rather interesting choice for this project.
Yes, I've heard all of them except for the 7th. I also didn't like that a lot of the songs were really just random noises with a bit of a melody.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 03:41   Link #43
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I know nothing about the source material, so I can't really comment about what sort of music would fit the show. Having said that, the choice of composer in general will have less to do with BONES and much more to do with who ends up on the production committee of the show. If Aniplex is on board, then many options automatically either disappear or become extremely slim possibilities.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 06:27   Link #44
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The anime will be released for July or October of 2010 ? I say that will be released for October under TV series format.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 12:41   Link #45
Same_Shark

I hope this doesn't end up being a series of movies. That seems to be a trend now.
Old 2010-05-31, 07:42   Link #46
Same_Shark

Sorry to double post, but Vol. 2 has been released in English! More Kazuya and Victorique!
Old 2010-06-01, 00:15   Link #47
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The character designs threw me of a bit but this belongs to my favorite genre of Occult Detective . I am still hesitant due to the character designs, but will give this a try summary seems quite enticing
Old 2010-06-06, 05:35   Link #48
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Spoiler for Impression after reading novel (no spoiler regarding any events but better safe...):
Old 2010-06-06, 14:47   Link #49
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
The character designs threw me of a bit but this belongs to my favorite genre of Occult Detective . I am still hesitant due to the character designs, but will give this a try summary seems quite enticing
I much prefer the novel insert art than the manga art even though they're really similar. I'm not sure if I can stand the manga form animated either, but the novel ones are quite charming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Spoiler for Impression after reading novel (no spoiler regarding any events but better safe...):
I really want to see the VA list myself as well because I am wondering how Victorique's voice's supposed to be done (can't find the Drama CD >__<). Hopefully, they do keep Chiwa Saito as the VA for Victorique, and this does predates Bakemonogatari (even the Drama CD).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 06:16   Link #50
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I much prefer the novel insert art than the manga art even though they're really similar. I'm not sure if I can stand the manga form animated either, but the novel ones are quite charming.
Comparing the manga art to the novel's, I think that the manga's lacks the same degree of detail as the original, which makes it less appealing imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I really want to see the VA list myself as well because I am wondering how Victorique's voice's supposed to be done (can't find the Drama CD >__<). Hopefully, they do keep Chiwa Saito as the VA for Victorique, and this does predates Bakemonogatari (even the Drama CD).
I managed to hear a sample of the Drama on niconico (I think ) and from what I can tell, she sounds sort of a spoiled brat. A bit different from what I had gathered reading the novel (her voice is described as unfitting for a child, like an ''old woman's''), but I guess they wanted to convey her as a child haughty child.

But yeah, Chiwa Saito is perfect for Victorique's character. The reason why I asked about Bakemonogatari is because I couldn't help but imagine her doing Hitagi-like voice for her.
Old 2010-06-07, 06:33   Link #51
Same_Shark

As for Miyu Irino voicing Kazuya, I hope the make the seiyuu a woman. Kazuya is a bit of a wuss. His personaloty doesn't fit with a male seiyuu.
Old 2010-06-07, 16:36   Link #52
metamorphic
ことわり
*Fansubber

Bones animating this is superb news. Gosick is an amazing read, full of intrigue and mystery, and has a very profound Holmesian ambience throughout. It'd be great to see their take on it, as they've done very well on the mystery series they've produced thus far. Match made in heaven I'd say.
metamorphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 21:33   Link #53
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
As for Miyu Irino voicing Kazuya, I hope the make the seiyuu a woman. Kazuya is a bit of a wuss. His personaloty doesn't fit with a male seiyuu.
The man played Sena in Eyeshield 21. He can play wuss.

He is also the voice behind Colio, Zwei and Syaoran. He's got range.

Besides a wuss wouldn't be at that school from where he started from.
Old 2010-06-08, 00:14   Link #54
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

He also voiced Tomoharu from Asura Cryin'.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 01:19   Link #55
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

Yeah, but Kazuya is basically Victorique & Avril's bitch. Can't really imagine him doing bitch, which is slightly different from wuss.
Old 2010-06-08, 01:35   Link #56
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Yeah, but Kazuya is basically Victorique & Avril's bitch. Can't really imagine him doing bitch, which is slightly different from wuss.
Well in phantom, he perform what do you mean be "bitch" so I'm not see any probs with that
Old 2010-06-08, 08:52   Link #57
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

^ Kujo is meant to be the Watson to Victorique's Holmes. Even though he’s supposed to be a hard worker and bright, he needs to act dumber than the rest of the cast so that the reader can have some to identify with. He also a habit of letting girls his age walk over him, but unlike Zwei, he isn't a zombie He isn't really anyone "bitch" as much as being teased and treated like a nuisance.

@Same_shark
While I understand where your coming from, I just can't imagin anyone that will make him sound as submissive as Irino

Last edited by Arabesque; 2010-06-08 at 17:22. Reason: spelling
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 18:31   Link #58
Same_Shark

For some reason, I can only imagine Kazuya with Mayumi Asano's Claus voice from Last Exile.
Old 2010-06-19, 19:13   Link #59
Kunagisa

Anyone know if Sakuraba Kazuki gonna continue this series again any time soon? The original publication of Side Story III was back in 2007, and ... I read all the translations already >__<.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 21:43   Link #60
Raiza Sunozaki

As long as BONES gets their good people on this one, this is going to be amazing.
Never heard of the novels, but anything mystery usually grasps my attention. Combined with a lolita Sherlock Homes (hell yes!), this might just become excellent for me.
Once again though, as long as BONES pulls this off right.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen