AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-08-18, 19:21   Link #2801
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Hmm, didn't this come out last year? Slight is a pretty big understatement
No, no, no... that's an old picture. I did get her last year. Just thought I'd post it again in reference to Tokyo Hunter. It took about a month longer to get than I originally expected at that time.

@Revan21, gratz on getting Shiki! I got her when she first came out. Awesome figure! One of my favorites.
Old 2010-08-19, 02:15   Link #2802
Xion Valkyrie

Hmm, anyone buy from ABCToy4Me? They're one of the few places that are still taking pre-orders for the Saber Lily Golden Caliburn at a reasonable price (~150 including shipping).
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 04:56   Link #2803
Kudryavka

Quote:
Hmm, anyone buy from ABCToy4Me? They're one of the few places that are still taking pre-orders for the Saber Lily Golden Caliburn at a reasonable price (~150 including shipping).
Are you buying online? If so, please call ahead and ask them if they have the item in stock; their site said they had a Miku figurine (the GSC one) in stock, so I drove down there only to find out they sold out ages ago and forgot to update their website, and the next day I got an email stating that my order (I made an online order of her as well by check, so I could pick her up in store) was canceled because they "just run out" (though only heaven knows how long ago they sold their last one ).

I've no idea how they fare with preorders, though I imagine they're even worse. Since they're based in Cali, they have no guarantee on enough stock anyway, so cross your fingers. And if you lose her, hey, that's $150 back in your wallet for something else!
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 05:51   Link #2804
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Not quite a figure, but browsing AmiAmi led me to discovering http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html is getting a re-release, I was really disappointed about missing the first batch, so very happy to see this.

Ordered one, and a http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html while I was at it. Should go nicely with my Reisen and Eirin. I didn't want her at first but decided it was worth it afterall.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 05:53   Link #2805
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

GSC Nadeko is looking good.

I still haven't ordered GSC Hitagi... not sure why. I like her a lot, thought for sure I'd want her, but can't help but feel there are other figures I'd rather have.
Old 2010-08-19, 09:09   Link #2806
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Definitely a great looking figure, Mushi.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 10:41   Link #2807
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
The Nadeko GSC looks great, I pre ordered the Hitagi GSC but decided to cancel it though I like it very much, the appeal of Bakemonogatari characters are weird, I had the same feeling that I prefer to spend money on other figures instead of the GSC.

Basically the Alter Ritsu is the one I want
Old 2010-08-19, 11:59   Link #2808
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
@Revan21, gratz on getting Shiki! I got her when she first came out. Awesome figure! One of my favorites.
Thanks

The funny thing is, now that I got her I'm afraid to take her out of the box and put on display b/c I don't have a glass-cabinet

Quote:
I still haven't ordered GSC Hitagi... not sure why. I like her a lot, thought for sure I'd want her, but can't help but feel there are other figures I'd rather have.
I'm in the same situation...
Old 2010-08-19, 12:58   Link #2809
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Are you buying online? If so, please call ahead and ask them if they have the item in stock; their site said they had a Miku figurine (the GSC one) in stock, so I drove down there only to find out they sold out ages ago and forgot to update their website, and the next day I got an email stating that my order (I made an online order of her as well by check, so I could pick her up in store) was canceled because they "just run out" (though only heaven knows how long ago they sold their last one ).

I've no idea how they fare with preorders, though I imagine they're even worse. Since they're based in Cali, they have no guarantee on enough stock anyway, so cross your fingers. And if you lose her, hey, that's $150 back in your wallet for something else!
Ah, thanks. That doesn't really inspire confidence, and the online reviews have been pretty bad too. Oh well, I guess I don't REALLY need her, since I already pre-ordered the Triumphant Excalibur, and they're kind of close in pose and style, and I don't really like Saber enough to have THAT many versions of her.

Oh, regarding Nadeko, it looks like she comes with an alternate pair of legs so you can display her like this too:
Old 2010-08-19, 14:36   Link #2810
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Oh, regarding Nadeko, it looks like she comes with an alternate pair of legs so you can display her like this too:
That's odd. I can't imagine why anyone would want to display her like that vs. the full figure. Makes me think that maybe that's a partial prototype they rushed out for a show somewhere?

Nice picture, though. Shows more of the detail. I really like the extra pieces, it gives the figure some "atmosphere." Much nicer than all of the school supplies falling out of Hitagi's skirt. I'm trying to cut back on figure purchases, but Nadeko might be able to tempt me.
Old 2010-08-19, 15:29   Link #2811
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
That's odd. I can't imagine why anyone would want to display her like that vs. the full figure. Makes me think that maybe that's a partial prototype they rushed out for a show somewhere?

Nice picture, though. Shows more of the detail. I really like the extra pieces, it gives the figure some "atmosphere." Much nicer than all of the school supplies falling out of Hitagi's skirt. I'm trying to cut back on figure purchases, but Nadeko might be able to tempt me.
I believe the original artwork that this figure is based off of features her standing thigh-deep in water.
Old 2010-08-19, 16:20   Link #2812
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
I believe the original artwork that this figure is based off of features her standing thigh-deep in water.
Ah, ok. That would make sense, then. I think I'd still prefer the full standing version.

[edit]- Yup, found it here. http://konachan.com/post/show/62568/...sengoku_nadeko

Nice idea, but it kinda' loses something in transferring to the figure form.
Old 2010-08-19, 16:46   Link #2813
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Ah, ok. That would make sense, then. I think I'd still prefer the full standing version.

[edit]- Yup, found it here. http://konachan.com/post/show/62568/...sengoku_nadeko

Nice idea, but it kinda' loses something in transferring to the figure form.
Well, that's why she comes with 2 pairs of legs, so you can choose which configuration you want
Old 2010-08-19, 16:57   Link #2814
Aird

Quote:
Ah, thanks. That doesn't really inspire confidence, and the online reviews have been pretty bad too. Oh well, I guess I don't REALLY need her, since I already pre-ordered the Triumphant Excalibur, and they're kind of close in pose and style, and I don't really like Saber enough to have THAT many versions of her.
The store I usually order from has the preorder closed but you can still pre-order that Saber for 150 at Robert's Anime Corner Store. I've never ordered a figure from them (can get it cheaper elsewhere) before but they are solid for dvds.
Aird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 17:17   Link #2815
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aird View Post
The store I usually order from has the preorder closed but you can still pre-order that Saber for 150 at Robert's Anime Corner Store. I've never ordered a figure from them (can get it cheaper elsewhere) before but they are solid for dvds.
Oh hey, I've actually bought a few items from their Amazon storefront, their shipping is pretty damn fast. Free shipping on orders over $100, looks pretty tempting. Guess I'll go for it har har har...
Old 2010-08-19, 17:44   Link #2816
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Well, that's why she comes with 2 pairs of legs, so you can choose which configuration you want
Which is a good design choice on their part, IMO. I think it would be better if they could have made the base look more "watery" by molding some ripples around her legs. But they'd have to provide a different base for the standing version.

Oh well... might get her, might not. I'm still contemplating Hitagi, but not sure about it.
Old 2010-08-19, 17:48   Link #2817
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

@Revan21 - Darn...I want that 1/7 Shiki now. I only ever saw the Nendoroid version of her available. Nice pickup.

@Mushi: Is that one from a page ago one of the Polyphonica girls?
Old 2010-08-19, 18:13   Link #2818
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

@Last Sinner: Yes it is. Corticarte Apa Lagranges. That's about the most "erotic" figure I own. I usually prefer the sweet/innocent/pretty/cute looks, but I like Corti's original character design so much that I had to have that one.
Old 2010-08-20, 01:00   Link #2819
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Quote:
GSC Nadeko is looking good.

Sexy legs.

Sorry, I just had to write this.
Old 2010-08-20, 02:49   Link #2820
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aird View Post
I ordered my Creator's Collection Maid M figure through them. I got it in the end but I found it odd when I saw the figure being posted by other users on different boards before mine had even supposedly shipped.

But not as odd as how it magically shipped within twelve hours my asking if they had received their shipment of the figure.

I did get the figure four days later in Australia so I can't complain about the shipping speed but I do suspect they forgot about my order...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote