AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 23:34   Link #821
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So those green spikes we see on Zeheart's Ghirarga? Yeah, turns out those are bit weaponry like the 00 Qan[T]'s GN-Sword Bits.

Protuding but still attached here. Most likely similar to the stuff Zeidarus' claws and tail-knife are made of.
Old 2012-05-02, 23:38   Link #822
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinzz View Post
hmm maybe, but if you look at the lineart for the Sigmaxis rifle, there doesnt seem to have any slits that show a possible alternate mode for the launcher. but it would be good if it did, considering its super slow firing rate.

But then again, would something with that kind of firepower really need a faster shooting rate? Usually the DODs and Hyper DODs are used to take out one at a time, This thing looks like it can take out multiple enemies with one shot so a well placed shot will perform better than the DODs rifles.
Alternative modes are always good because it gives more option, much like how 00 Raiser's GN Sword IIs many firing modes are useful. In this case, it's can be useful against enemies that are in more wider more spread out formations as well as a very fast single enemy, since you spam the beam more. The Hyper DODS slower firing rate compared to the normal DODS can be of a disadvantage.

Quote:
So those green spikes we see on Zeheart's Ghirarga? Yeah, turns out those are bit weaponry like the 00 Qan[T]'s GN-Sword Bits.
Yes that's true, the list (unsurprisingly) calls them Ghirarga Bits I believe.
Old 2012-05-03, 19:24   Link #823
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Core Fighter has an opening beneath the nosecone. I at first thought it was an air scoop for the engines, but then I noticed each thruster already has an opening that may fulfill that role. So, possible beam weapon?
Old 2012-05-03, 19:40   Link #824
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
The Core Fighter has an opening beneath the nosecone. I at first thought it was an air scoop for the engines, but then I noticed each thruster already has an opening that may fulfill that role. So, possible beam weapon?
Well, it is called a Core Fighter.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 19:41   Link #825
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Aren't most Core Fighters unarmed?
Old 2012-05-03, 19:45   Link #826
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Aren't most Core Fighters unarmed?
The original wasn't, it had nose mounted guns. The Core Fighter II from 0083 is listed as having beam guns. Victory Gundam's Core Fighters had machine guns, though that was because it had the head of the actual Gundam. So that might not count.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 19:48   Link #827
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

As noted above, most Core Fighters have are minimally armed at worse, with the majority of them packing at least beam guns. In the case of the RX-78-2's Core Fighter, it even has missiles.

It wouldn't be surprising to see the AGE-3 Core Fighter having beam guns for defense.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 10:03   Link #828
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

You know, I wonder how the Photon Blaster technology actually works? Aren't photons just light? It doesn't seem to be like photons focused into a laser or anything.
Old 2012-05-04, 15:32   Link #829
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
You know, I wonder how the Photon Blaster technology actually works? Aren't photons just light? It doesn't seem to be like photons focused into a laser or anything.
Photons are the basic particle of electromagnetic radiation, not just visible light, and lasers are also "light". That is they are EM radiation.

In real life the strongest lasers are those in the 808nm range, or more. The near infra-red, which the human eye cannot see. That's what they use to cut steel and such.

If I had to guess I'd say these guys are just using lasers in the thousands of kiloWatt range, maybe even Giga Watts...The only problem I see is that there is no pink wavelength. Having said that, it could just be a shade of red in the 500's nm that when traveling through a medium appears pink, kinda like how the 405nm violet lasers appear blue when hitting certain surfaces.
Old 2012-05-04, 16:42   Link #830
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Photons are the basic particle of electromagnetic radiation, not just visible light, and lasers are also "light". That is they are EM radiation.

In real life the strongest lasers are those in the 808nm range, or more. The near infra-red, which the human eye cannot see. That's what they use to cut steel and such.

If I had to guess I'd say these guys are just using lasers in the thousands of kiloWatt range, maybe even Giga Watts...The only problem I see is that there is no pink wavelength. Having said that, it could just be a shade of red in the 500's nm that when traveling through a medium appears pink, kinda like how the 405nm violet lasers appear blue when hitting certain surfaces.
That's the thing, aren't lasers supposed to actually travel at the speed of light because they are focused light themselves? The pink beam from the Sigmaxiss or the Diva does not I believe; unless the beam itself is not the actual "laser" application and there is another a non-visible light spectrum laser of sorts. Since we're talking photons being used in some manner, "something" has gotta move at light speed (whatever that might be).

On an unrelated note, neither do the laser weapons from 00 actually. That is the GN Lasers weapons mounted on The Celestial Being or the non-GN Lasers on the Memento Mori and ESF ships. They all move around the speed of normal beam weapons (the Memento Mori's beam is relatively pretty fast though but still nowhere near light speed; we could tell if it was) I'm no expert on the subject matter of lasers or electromagnetics but I've been curious about this as well; without going to "animation/depiction being wrong" conclusion that is.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2012-05-04 at 17:04.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 18:24   Link #831
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Yeah, lasers travel at the same speed of light, so assuming they're not slowing them down in the show for the sake of letting people have a chance to dodge, they must be doing something to the process of creating the actual beam and slowing it down
Old 2012-05-04, 19:54   Link #832
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Yeah, lasers travel at the same speed of light, so assuming they're not slowing them down in the show for the sake of letting people have a chance to dodge, they must be doing something to the process of creating the actual beam and slowing it down
The real life answer I guess is that its a depiction problem, or more precisely using a process or beam-type that doesn't really make sense with the animation depiction. IE like lasers not moving at light speed.

In 00 anyways, I've rationalized it to either lasers being used in the beam creation process rather than being the actual fired beam or it being named for the sake of coolness. Neither is satisfactory though but its better than nothing. If those weapons were truly move like lasers than they'll have a big aiming advantage.

Of course, in the case of the Photon Blaster, it might be too early to make decent conclusions yet since we don't know whether its actually a laser but photons being involved does suggest a speed of light something somewhere at least. I'm kinda hoping they'll explain it somewhere eventually. The adaptation novels are surprisingly detailed tech, well sometimes anyways. I guess after getting a brief explanation on DODS specialty of a spinning, however simple I'm kinda hoping they'll be something with Sigmaxiss too.

The stupidiest theory I can think of would be to call it the Photon Blaster Cannon simply because it blasts visible light literally from the brightness from the large beam.
Old 2012-05-05, 10:28   Link #833
Scorpiopt

we will never see realistic speed on lasers( aka light speed) in anime because to be able to evade then an unit would have to move at relativistic speeds , and the g-force from that would kill the pilot
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 10:33   Link #834
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
we will never see realistic speed on lasers( aka light speed) in anime because to be able to evade then an unit would have to move at relativistic speeds , and the g-force from that would kill the pilot
Well, it might not matter too much to the production team or writers but the way I see it, it can be avoided by not classifying the weapon as a laser in the first place. Of course, that hasn't really been said of the Photon Blaster Cannon yet though.
Old 2012-05-05, 11:12   Link #835
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
There are some with fairly accurate representation of physics stuff like lasers (e.g. Starship Operators' space battles), but you don't want a Gundam Age battle like that. These scientific sounding weapon names are COOL enough for now until further "AGE Physics" can be translated from like, gunpla manuals.

The mysterious weapon from Scorpiopt's post was called Blaustia Cannon...
Spoiler for ep. 30:

Last edited by casval cehack; 2012-05-06 at 04:23.
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 06:52   Link #836
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

More interesting than the Blaustia launcher itself is how it was created: Flit had the AGE Builder FORCE itself to actually make something despite lacking enough combat data to do so. Might explain why the Blaustia exploded on itself after firing.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 07:13   Link #837
bio9205
Reborn

I'm glad we finally get to see the AGE system cook up something again after being almost totally absent during the second generation.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 07:32   Link #838
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
so fast nxt wk is fortress wear o.O
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 07:56   Link #839
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
More interesting than the Blaustia launcher itself is how it was created: Flit had the AGE Builder FORCE itself to actually make something despite lacking enough combat data to do so. Might explain why the Blaustia exploded on itself after firing.
Most likely sourced from the Diva's previous engagement. It could also be designed as a single-use attachment. If so, would they be stocking this part in the Diva's arsenal starting now?

The Age system was active during Asem's chapter, but it was great to see that 3D printing scene again.

The Vegan Earth Attack Force now has two types (recolored) of dragons...
Green->http://www.gundam-age.net/ms/3rd_002w.html
Purple->http://www.gundam-age.net/ms/3rd_003w.html
Old 2012-05-06, 09:09   Link #840
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I think when in normal operation, AGE system would go to work when it receives new combat data. This improves the mobile suit to the point that past problems such as lack of customisation for various battle contexts are overcome.

Then in dire situations, the operator has to lower the gauge for AGE system to work with, such that the system has to infer from less recent combat data to build weapons from. It's also possible the AGE system keeps track of the enemy's technological progress, and predicts the enemy's state of technology two decades later. But like what you said perhaps it was forced to build something, it focused on firepower and neglected safety or its turdiness.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote