AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-01-07, 22:31   Link #161
Runty

Truth be told, so long as the anime has Marina and Jane (and maybe Vyse) kicking ass, I'll be happy.

But keeping things true to the game will be nice, yet I'm open to a little originality.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 00:07   Link #162
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I hope that the series don't do anything that contradicts the game's canon.
Old 2009-01-08, 00:09   Link #163
kujoe
from head to heel

I also for at least 24 or even 26 episodes. 13 episodes sounds a bit too short.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 07:31   Link #164
Chrono Helix

I'll be looking forward to Squad 7 R&R done right (and by that I mean with more of the side characters).
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 10:41   Link #165
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Alicia in her bathing suit? Heck yeah. Every anime has the mandatory Onsen-or-Swimsuit episode.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 12:24   Link #166
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Alicia in her bathing suit? Heck yeah. Every anime has the mandatory Onsen-or-Swimsuit episode.
Squad 7 at the beach. I could see an episode like that happening, and it would be plenty fun.
Old 2009-01-10, 02:00   Link #167
sb075

The official site was updated.
Character
http://www.valkyria-anime.com/chara/index.html
Main VA
http://www.valkyria-anime.com/staff/index.html
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 02:39   Link #168
TrueKnight

Hmm the Gallian's side, well... to my pleasant surprise, Welkin, Faldio and Alicia's designs are not so bad afterall. They've bishounized Faldio alot but that's alright considering his gentleman character. Seems like they left Isara Gunther's spot still blank. So
from Gallia, Welkin, Alicia, Isara and Faldio will make their debut first. Largo and co. will soon follow I suppose.

While on the Empire's side seems like Maximillian and Selvaria Bles will be the one. Then the rest of the lackeys.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 06:44   Link #169
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I hope the official site updates soon with information on what Squad 7 members they'll be using in this adaptation.

Better use Edy, or there will be hell to pay.
Old 2009-01-10, 11:42   Link #170
xizro345
King's Justice

The focus will depend on the number of episodes, though I don't think there'll be much focus on the secondary characters.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 13:06   Link #171
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
The focus will depend on the number of episodes, though I don't think there'll be much focus on the secondary characters.
Well only time will tell, but my gut says they'll stay away from diving too much into secondary characters if at all.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 14:08   Link #172
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Which is a shame, one of the things I like about Valkyria Chronicles is the vast diversity of the secondary characters, and you learn so much more about them as the game goes on. So far I've always made sure that I lost nobody. Ever. I simply like my crew far too much to abandon them.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 14:45   Link #173
xizro345
King's Justice

The problem is some of them are too far from the mood of the game, since they represent a whole group of stereotypes (that's what the producer of the game said).
Old 2009-01-10, 15:18   Link #174
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Which is a shame, one of the things I like about Valkyria Chronicles is the vast diversity of the secondary characters, and you learn so much more about them as the game goes on. So far I've always made sure that I lost nobody. Ever. I simply like my crew far too much to abandon them.
Really? I mean I like the secondary characters too, but I wouldn't exactly call them "deep". There's only like a couple paragraphs of cliched backstory given to us throughout the game. I don't think that'd translate too well to the anime. I'd much rather they just focus on the main characters, who are far more interesting, and just add in some cameos from the other Squad 7 members (Jane FTW!).

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 16:36   Link #175
JagdPanther

Yup. Still don't like the design for Alicia.

And I know I can't ask for the world, but it seems like they're also a little less detailed. *shrug*

Another thing is, instead of forcing Faldio into a love triangle type of situation, why don't they make sure to put Juno in the anime? She's already a character with a love interest in the game. No need to create a new one when one already exists to complicate the situation.

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2009-01-10 at 17:33.
Old 2009-01-10, 17:52   Link #176
xizro345
King's Justice

But it's a minor character. While I dislike the way they have decided to work with Faldio, it wouldn't have made any sense to use Juno. I was actually glad there were no triangles in the game, given how poorly Japanese screenwriters usually treat them.
Old 2009-01-10, 18:12   Link #177
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Really? I mean I like the secondary characters too, but I wouldn't exactly call them "deep". There's only like a couple paragraphs of cliched backstory given to us throughout the game. I don't think that'd translate too well to the anime. I'd much rather they just focus on the main characters, who are far more interesting, and just add in some cameos from the other Squad 7 members (Jane FTW!).
I disagree with the cliche part, that terms gets thrown around far too often these days. I mean, if the squad characters are cliché, then what about the main characters?

That aside, from a distant point of view they may not seem 'deep' but if you read a bit closer you see a lot of things that, while they don't appear much in the game bar in the form of potentials, would translate perfectly in the anime. Edy's dislike of Rosie, Dallas' love for Alicia, the various Darcsen haters (the manga played into this rather nicely, to name an example) while these stories won't be the main plot, they would serve a vital part in making Squad 7 feel like... well... a squad, rather then a bunch of people thrown together for the sake of having a squad for the story.

That's why I care about my squad, I don't just see a bunch of stats, I see people with their own likes and dislikes, I imagine how they would interact with each other, and build my squad accordingly.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-01-10 at 19:26.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 18:18   Link #178
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I disagree with the cliche part, that terms gets thrown around far too often these days. I mean, if the squad characters are cliché, then what about the main characters?

That aside, from a distant point of view they may not seem 'deep' but if you read a bit closer you see a lot of things that, while they don't appear much in the game bar in the form of potentials, would translate perfectly in the anime. Edy's dislike for Rosie, Dallas' love for Alicia, the various Darcsen haters (the manga played into this rather nicely, to name an example) while these stories won't be the main plot, they would serve a vital part in making Squad 7 feel like... well... a squad, rather then a bunch of people thrown together for the sake of having a squad for the story.

That's why I care about my squad, I don't just see a bunch of stats, I see people with their own likes and dislikes, I imagine how they would interact with each other, and build my squad accordingly.
I agree, if translated well enough it would make an excellent addition to the overall show. Each minor character has their own issues and beliefs(some which may put them at odds with other squad mates)and gives off the feeling of a real squad.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 19:30   Link #179
Sakome

I think they would have to introduce at least some of the side characters and have them be recurring characters to get the feeling of being a "squad" to the audience rather than just having the main characters. The character designs look well enough for a anime, it'd be hard to top the game.

Has there been a official word on the plot or episode count?
Sakome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 20:26   Link #180
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
But it's a minor character. While I dislike the way they have decided to work with Faldio, it wouldn't have made any sense to use Juno. I was actually glad there were no triangles in the game, given how poorly Japanese screenwriters usually treat them.
Yes, she's a minor character but she already has a love interest that's known.

I understand that the anime can't be 100% like the game, but I really just don't like them creating a third wheel in Faldio. Why? His character is fine as it is. Just leave him be. He's already got a very important role in the story line.

But I do agree with your assessment of the way the Japanese screenwriters treat complicated love polygons.

Tags
sega