AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-28, 10:27   Link #581
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Its interesting you bring that up, because now that I look back, nobody in Claymore seems to be evil to the core. Let's see a few examples of the worst of the major entities that are around.

Claymores: Ophelia is by far the most "evil" in nature because she went out of her way to manipulate awakenings, just so that she could kill them without it being an act of mercy (she wanted them to die as monsters, not as humans). Priscilla may have been a zealot death machine as a Claymore but its not like she manipulated others just to have an excuse to kill them. But regardless, when karma caught up to Ophelia and bit her in the ass, she showed enough willpower to accept her death.

The Organization: Ok, they unleash yoma (as per Miria's hypothesis), just so that they can breed monster weapons and get paid for the misfortune they create in the first place. They take people's newborns (Alicia and Beth) and have iron-clad rules to keep their Claymores pretty much enslaved. But at the end of the day, they're doing the job assigned to them. Who knows, maybe these Dragon-kin are so frightening and powerful, that it warrants these actions. And to be fair to the Organization, they try their best to protect humans, even if it is just for the money.

Awakened Beings: Ok so they're Claymores that awaken. They eat humans...and that's about it really. They're little more than yoma in that regard, just way more powerful. They show cunning and tactics, but not really something that can be considered evil. Even if we were to consider kidnapping and experimentation that Riful and Dauf performed, they never did so against humans. Instead, they only targeted other Claymores, who are trained soldiers meant for this kind of thing. And even if that was wrong, Riful merely did so to fight against other ABs like herself (namely Isley who was pushing his own forces just so that he could get Priscilla from the North to the South).

So in a way, its just a grand-scale, bloody 3-way war right now. Damage is done to the combatants mostly with the occasional human bystander caught in the crossfire (which is inevitable). I guess the tue villain of the story has yet to make an entrance...
Old 2010-07-28, 12:16   Link #582
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

Nobody started any fake spoilers yet??? I wanted to know wat kind of wild imagination ppl have....specially after "Clare got absored into the destroyer" cliffhanger
Old 2010-07-28, 21:55   Link #583
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Its interesting you bring that up, because now that I look back, nobody in Claymore seems to be evil to the core.
That is very much so, even Isley had his emotions checked at times, but in other times he just lets it loose on almost anything at everything, and with outrageous force too.
Old 2010-07-28, 22:26   Link #584
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonotme_9FedriqSama View Post
Nobody started any fake spoilers yet??? I wanted to know wat kind of wild imagination ppl have....specially after "Clare got absored into the destroyer" cliffhanger
Oh, oh, let me try my hand at those fake spoilers!

The Destroyer steadily shrinks, with Claire eventually gaining control of the body by mentally gaining control of the Destroyer's thought process. Slowly it shrinks into something the size of a person, and then begins taking shape. After a short while, a female silhouette emerges, then transforms into a form of Claire utterly without either silver eyes or a belly scar. Helen, Deneve, Dietrich, Yuma, and Cynthia stare in shock, with Cynthia filling them in on what is going on.

Priscilla observes this, then is shocked to see Claire's face, "So you're aren't dead after all?!?"

Claire, totally in the nude, grabs the sword Deneve lost to the Destroyer and then sprouts goddess-like "angel's wings".

Then the shit hits the fan so to speak...

Of course then the chapter ends, "To be continued in October..." (as the current issue is a month ahead, right?)

Admittedly my favorite way of ending this chapter would've been for both Galatea and Miria to show up at the very end, both wearing form-fitting, hot black leather outfits. Who's with me on that happening???

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-07-29, 03:42   Link #585
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
The destroyer eats Priscilla and than burps contently.
Credits roll - end D:

I have yet again nothing new/interesting to contribute lol
Old 2010-07-29, 22:26   Link #586
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

i don't know how the next chapter is going to play out. at one point clare gets absorb by the destroyer and is able to get out.. then, possibly ten minutes later.. she gets absorbed by it again. what the heck? lol

i just hope prissy quickly destorys the destroyer, just to get this arc over with. i want to see wat the org and miria are up to.
Old 2010-07-29, 23:26   Link #587
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
i don't know how the next chapter is going to play out. at one point clare gets absorb by the destroyer and is able to get out.. then, possibly ten minutes later.. she gets absorbed by it again. what the heck? lol

i just hope prissy quickly destorys the destroyer, just to get this arc over with. i want to see wat the org and miria are up to.
Liar... you just wanna see Raki again

--------

BTW Just read on Baidu that Septembers issue of Jump Square has just been printed (no spoilers yet). So spoilers might be just around the corner, even maybe this weekend. Sadly I'll be out of town in a few hours (but just for a few days), so I won't be able to look for them. So it's up to you guys.
Old 2010-07-30, 05:16   Link #588
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Liar... you just wanna see Raki again
oh my.. i have no idea wat ur talking about. lol

btw if raki gots an awakened flesh in him, does that mean his hair color and eyes will not change as well?
Old 2010-07-30, 09:15   Link #589
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Wow, here I was worried that the chapter has already been out all this time, and their aren't even spoilers yet 0_0 .

Malak, let me make an example about the distinction I mentioned; Luciella: she inevitably adapted to the great power she had at her disposal, and wanted it to use it to conquer the lands(Psychology), but it didn't change her love for her sister(Personality).

How people behave/act, and how people truly are: that's the distinction I try to bring up, putting it simply as possible.
Old 2010-07-30, 09:36   Link #590
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Wow, here I was worried that the chapter has already been out all this time, and their aren't even spoilers yet 0_0 .

Malak, let me make an example about the distinction I mentioned; Luciella: she inevitably adapted to the great power she had at her disposal, and wanted it to use it to conquer the lands(Psychology), but it didn't change her love for her sister(Personality).

How people behave/act, and how people truly are: that's the distinction I try to bring up, putting it simply as possible.
Oh man Shiek, not again with using "their" instead of "there". You've been doing that so consistently it even fouled up my own typing inclinations recently.

If you're wondering why the chapter isn't out, look no farther than the legal offices of Jump Square in Japan. Those are the guys more responsible for delays than anyone else. Thankfully for us, and not so thankfully for anyone's intellectual property rights, China has a long tradition of not following the world system.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-07-30, 13:57   Link #591
MalakTawus

Quote:

Yes,yes,now i understand what you mean,it's just that at the beginning i didn't know exactly what you meant with psychology (since in truth it doesn't have the meaning that you use here....),but even if i have a different theory (that i mentioned in my previous post) i like your theory too and imo it makes a lot of sense.
Old 2010-07-31, 12:53   Link #592
Gooral
Banned

If anyone wants MiB's 105th chapter scanlation with gernot's translation PM me.
Old 2010-07-31, 14:23   Link #593
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
If anyone wants MiB's 105th chapter scanlation with gernot's translation PM me.
Heh, I'm curious Gooral if you still think Priscilla will die in 6 chapters
Old 2010-08-01, 17:49   Link #594
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
i seriously hope not. i want to see how prissy will fare against the dragonkin if they do arrive.
Old 2010-08-02, 12:13   Link #595
Gooral
Banned

Chapter as good as the previous one, not bad but I would expect more of Yagi. Probably everything I'll write has been discussed before but I'll write it anyway :P.

1) How the heck could Clare talk in a state like that? She should have been dead by now. IMO Yagi over-used god-mode for her with this chapter. And when did she manage to tell Deneve her final words? Priscilla was coming their way real quick and a while earlier Clare said sth else.

2) Again we have annoying Priscilla that acts as if she was some kind of goddess. I wonder though why she didn’t kill Deneve or Helen (or both of them) after she found out about Clare. According to her life code everything that stands in her way should be annihilated and they stayed in her way. Unless she couldn’t do it after Clare-Raciella started attacking her (which would suggest she's not that godly). She also needed only one of them so she could have killed the other. I don’t believe she did it from the kindness of her heart. What’s more she should have suspected that Clare couldn’t go far nor cloak her youki so she had to be dead or be very close to it, she didn't need Deneve to tell her what happened to Clare if she used her brain.

3) Priscilla’s reaction and her question “What did I come her for?” was one of the stupidest things in the chapter. As if meeting with Clare again or killing her would change anything. Besides, she wasted like 20 minutes not 20 years and she sounded like she was searching for her a long time. Seriously, somebody kill her please.

4) Exposing naked Priscilla from every angle… Although I like to look at this and that from time to time Priscilla has become boring. I would prefer someone other than AB with skin that looks like sh*t with veins. Dee, Galatea, Clare or Helen would be so much better.

5) Dee has already paid her debt. In fact Deneve and Helen owe her. Dee said that without risking her life she can't repay them but the thing is H&D never risked their lives for her. The awakened being they helped her to defeat wasn't even a challenge for one of them, let alone two. And Dee not only did deliver their message (and risked her life, she couldn't be sure that she wouldn't be killed by Miria or someone else) but earlier she saved Helen and Deneve by risking her life and rescuing them from ZACS. Now she saved their friends and it's still not enough to her...

6) Cynthia’s line “For some reason it feels like we should see that with our own eyes” was also a winner. It wasn’t for “some reason” but because Yagi told you ;P. I would call it not the best script line that Yagi came up with.

7) Yuma that could regenerate better than Cynthia was also a shocker to me. A while back with “the rest of her strength” she managed to help Cynthia and now she was able to do the same for Deneve (sure, her injury was much less serious but…). If she keeps it up next time she will regenerate Clare from scratch.

8) As always Deneve could deduce a bit too much from the information she got (at least it seemed that way to me). Seriously, how come could she notice that Clare was talking as if she was a part of this pasta? How can you deduce sth like that ? Unless Clare said it outright. I have some possibilities in mind but still it looks a bit far-fetched to me. What’s even funnier a while later she said that she knows nothing even though it was clear that she knew the most out of all people. Yagi should have read what he wrote a page back.

Quote:
I don't think that, I'm hoping it . And now it's 5 chapters. That's a number from a hat, we'll see how close (or should I say far) I was. It's possible that Priscilla won't die or she'll outlive Clare but she annoys me very much and I would like to see her death soon. The sooner she's out of the picture the happier I'll be, this is currently the most boring character in Claymore IMO.

P.S.
I can always continue to write "1 chapter till Priscilla's downfall left" after 4 months from now pass ;P.
Old 2010-08-03, 14:37   Link #596
przemoc

Hi, I'm new here, so I'll add my 0,02 PLN.

Quote:
1) How the heck could Clare talk in a state like that? She should have been dead by now. IMO Yagi over-used god-mode for her with this chapter. And when did she manage to tell Deneve her final words? Priscilla was coming their way real quick and a while earlier Clare said sth else.
It's not that you cannot talk by not having lower part of your body. It is troublesome though, definitely. Remember, Clare is not an ordinary human and even not an ordinary claymore.

And she has not said sth else. Clare said to Helen and Deneve that she's sorry and the mentioned part about remaining responsibility was just elided at that page ("I..." indicates that there was than it has been shown). Nothing new from Yagi. I can agree that this monologue of almost dead one doesn't fit into presented rapid course of events.

Quote:
2) Again we have annoying Priscilla that acts as if she was some kind of goddess. I wonder though why she didn’t kill Deneve or Helen (or both of them) after she found out about Clare. According to her life code everything that stands in her way should be annihilated and they stayed in her way. Unless she couldn’t do it after Clare-Raciella started attacking her (which would suggest she's not that godly). She also needed only one of them so she could have killed the other. I don’t believe she did it from the kindness of her heart. What’s more she should have suspected that Clare couldn’t go far nor cloak her youki so she had to be dead or be very close to it, she didn't need Deneve to tell her what happened to Clare if she used her brain.

3) Priscilla’s reaction and her question “What did I come her for?” was one of the stupidest things in the chapter. As if meeting with Clare again or killing her would change anything. Besides, she wasted like 20 minutes not 20 years and she sounded like she was searching for her a long time. Seriously, somebody kill her please.
After all goddess is only one and it was Teresa. (I'd like to believe that Teresa was capable of taking down Priscilla in its AB form, but I bet that releasing 10% of yoma wouldn't be enough even for her to kill that annoying germ. It's really sad that Priscilla boggled Teresa, that was already too soft thanks to Clare, but she should be cautious to the very end, so it's still Teresa's fault.)

Priscilla is always shown unbalanced. This the problem of overpowered characters (and mangakas using them) . She has flown to the Riful instantaneously, but has problems with catching a few claymores? And even if she's next to them she's talking calmly, blah blah blah. Priscilla, according to what we've seen, could kill all those pitiful claymores countless times w/o sweating at all and going even with 10% of her power. Oh, I almost forget, she is shrunken now (thanks to Raki), so it's beyond our imagination what she would be w/o 7-year post. OTOH she may die from starvation, no?

Quote:
4) Exposing naked Priscilla from every angle… Although I like to look at this and that from time to time Priscilla has become boring. I would prefer someone other than AB with skin that looks like sh*t with veins. Dee, Galatea, Clare or Helen would be so much better.
Agree.

Quote:
5) Dee has already paid her debt. In fact Deneve and Helen owe her. Dee said that without risking her life she can't repay them but the thing is H&D never risked their lives for her. The awakened being they helped her to defeat wasn't even a challenge for one of them, let alone two. And Dee not only did deliver their message (and risked her life, she couldn't be sure that she wouldn't be killed by Miria or someone else) but earlier she saved Helen and Deneve by risking her life and rescuing them from ZACS. Now she saved their friends and it's still not enough to her...
Many people think that returned favor should be a bigger one - being a similar, but doubled, in terms of count or its greatness. It's not that unnatural, especially if we're talking about decent soldier.

Quote:
6) Cynthia’s line “For some reason it feels like we should see that with our own eyes” was also a winner. It wasn’t for “some reason” but because Yagi told you ;P. I would call it not the best script line that Yagi came up with.

7) Yuma that could regenerate better than Cynthia was also a shocker to me. A while back with “the rest of her strength” she managed to help Cynthia and now she was able to do the same for Deneve (sure, her injury was much less serious but…). If she keeps it up next time she will regenerate Clare from scratch.
Don't be so mean to her. She's already exhausted. But IMHO Yuma should be more exhausted here, because Cynthia take a nap and she wasn't the curing one claymore lately.
Yuma is becoming somehow a second Clare, from 40th nothing to a warrior gaining skills in eyeblink. But Deneve case was a bit different. We've already seen a few times youki flow interference, so this shouldn't be that hard.

Quote:
8) As always Deneve could deduce a bit too much from the information she got (at least it seemed that way to me). Seriously, how come could she notice that Clare was talking as if she was a part of this pasta? How can you deduce sth like that ? Unless Clare said it outright. I have some possibilities in mind but still it looks a bit far-fetched to me. What’s even funnier a while later she said that she knows nothing even though it was clear that she knew the most out of all people. Yagi should have read what he wrote a page back.
They spend a few years together. They understand each other w/o additional words to some extent. Sure, she can misjudge the reasons and goals, but it shouldn't be the case here, at least she's correct with the vendetta part.

But what with promise made to Raki? Clare won't vanish that easily, I am sure of it.
Closed Thread