AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-17, 22:53   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
That still leaves us wondering when Aizen will eventually use his Bankai.. I mean the hogyoku is fine and all, but we really want to see some Bankai from people who never used it (Gin was exciting, but it was just the fact that he can transition his short from long to short, and it can be really long and fast)
Well I think if he actually did use it reality would snap and the universe would be destroyed. So let's avoid that . Be hilarious if he actually didn't have one. Since his shikai was what tricked everyone into thinking they knew what his sword can do. Of course the most broken super-powered guy in the show has to have bankai, but who knows. Besides his shikai is so insane he almost doesn't need one anyways.
Old 2010-11-18, 00:20   Link #42
JustRob

Aizen doesn't have a bankai.

Pretty boring episode, Gin "do u kno how long my sword is? guess what it can get even longer". Seriously how unimaginative can you make a bankai. It's even worse then Byakuya's.
Old 2010-11-18, 07:58   Link #43
Raitos
I'm Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post

Pretty boring episode, Gin "do u kno how long my sword is? guess what it can get even longer". Seriously how unimaginative can you make a bankai. It's even worse then Byakuya's.
lol, oh so many photoshop/voice editing ideas
Old 2010-11-18, 14:08   Link #44
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
He's a captain, and only Zaraki got his title the bloody way...so, Aizen's got a bankai.
Old 2010-11-18, 14:45   Link #45
JustRob

Aizen has the power of making everyone believe whatever the hell he wants to. He made entire SS believe his shikai was creating mist that makes allies fight amongst each other. He doesn't have a bankai, but he probably tricked SS into believing he does. I don't think so though, because if he had, why the hell hasn't SS mentioned Aizen's bankai even once? Like, "We have to be prepared, we don't even know what his bankai is". None of that.

Well, you can make endless story-theories, but the bottom line is just that KT made Aizen's shikai so insanely overpowered that he couldn't think of a good bankai for him.
Old 2010-11-18, 15:49   Link #46
sayde

Quote:
He doesn't have a bankai, but he probably tricked SS into believing he does. I don't think so though, because if he had, why the hell hasn't SS mentioned Aizen's bankai even once?
Aizen confirms he's achieved Bankai every single time he releases his zanpakuto without saying a word. Because according to the final page of chapter 140, Byakuya heavily implies that only those who have Bankai can go shikai without saying their zanpakuto's release command. And Aizen has made it a point to take advantage of this fact as much as possible--which is understandable if you consider the fact that his shikai's usefulness would get cut in half if he had to say "shatter" every single time he went shikai.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-11-18 at 16:05.
Old 2010-11-18, 15:59   Link #47
JustRob

I don't think Byakuya says that it's absolute proof that the shinigami has bankai, just a sign. I agree it is ridicilous for Aizen to not have bankai, but Aizen has only used shikai, and yet he says he is at the limit of his shinigami powers. And that's where it ends.
Old 2010-11-18, 16:07   Link #48
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
He's a captain, and only Zaraki got his title the bloody way...so, Aizen's got a bankai.
or aizen made you believe he's got one.

he could just be so overpowered that he thinks he doesn't need one. tosen didn't use his bankai, and just went straight to ressureccion (and whooped komamura's hairy hide with it, too). if a ressureccion (or whatever the hell aizen's turning himself into - a tree, judging by the last scene of the episode) is going to be more powerful than a bankai, there isn't really any point in using the bankai.

aizen's shikai isn't all that powerful. he only uses the distraction to attack people at his normal regular power. yamamoto proved it, and would have easily finished aizen off were it not for wonderweiss.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-11-18, 16:58   Link #49
sayde

Quote:
I don't think Byakuya says that it's absolute proof that the shinigami has bankai, just a sign.
I'm sorry, but in this case, I fail to see the relevance between showing off a "sign" of Bankai and "absolute proof". Besides, why would Kubo even bother to make Byakuya point out a sign of Bankai achievement if the sign doesn't actually guarantee anything? That would kind of ruin the point of the sign in the first place. Because if both shikai and bankai users are capable of skipping the release command, then that would make the sign, not much of a sign at all. It also wouldn't make any sense for Kubo to write that (from a writers perspective).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
aizen's shikai isn't all that powerful. he only uses the distraction to attack people at his normal regular power.
For you to believe that makes me believe even further that Kubo simply hasn't done a good job of doing Aizen's shikai justice. His ability is practically like trapping someone inside the matrix on command. So who cares if it doesn't increase his "normal regular power"? He's got plenty of that as it is. And if it means having the ability to easily stab someone in the back at any time or fire off nuke destroying kido spells from far away with complete and total impunity, or tricking your foes into fighting each other, then I'd say that's plenty powerful enough. The problem lies with Kubo. Because if he ever had any intention of exploring the vast possibilities of such a cheap ability, then it'd be very difficult for Kubo to write scenarios that actually involve Aizen losing in plausible ways for a change. So instead, Kubo makes Aizen ignore KS altogether when it's convenient for him. This makes it possible for Yamamoto to claim he's more powerful and for Isshin to push Aizen to his limits when everyone else couldn't. It unfortunately also makes Aizen himself look like a complete and total dumbass for not constantly spamming his ability.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-11-18 at 17:15.
Old 2010-11-18, 18:57   Link #50
Raitos
I'm Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I'm sorry, but in this case, I fail to see the relevance between showing off a "sign" of Bankai and "absolute proof". Besides, why would Kubo even bother to make Byakuya point out a sign of Bankai achievement if the sign doesn't actually guarantee anything? That would kind of ruin the point of the sign in the first place. Because if both shikai and bankai users are capable of skipping the release command, then that would make the sign, not much of a sign at all. It also wouldn't make any sense for Kubo to write that (from a writers perspective).

For you to believe that makes me believe even further that Kubo simply hasn't done a good job of doing Aizen's shikai justice. His ability is practically like trapping someone inside the matrix on command. So who cares if it doesn't increase his "normal regular power"? He's got plenty of that as it is. And if it means having the ability to easily stab someone in the back at any time or fire off nuke destroying kido spells from far away with complete and total impunity, or tricking your foes into fighting each other, then I'd say that's plenty powerful enough. The problem lies with Kubo. Because if he ever had any intention of exploring the vast possibilities of such a cheap ability, then it'd be very difficult for Kubo to write scenarios that actually involve Aizen losing in plausible ways for a change. So instead, Kubo makes Aizen ignore KS altogether when it's convenient for him. This makes it possible for Yamamoto to claim he's more powerful and for Isshin to push Aizen to his limits when everyone else couldn't. It unfortunately also makes Aizen himself look like a complete and total dumbass for not constantly spamming his ability.
I bet KT cries himself to sleep every night because of posts like this.
Old 2010-11-19, 12:19   Link #51
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Can't say it's inaccurate though...Yamamoto was done justice, coz he waited to get pierced before attacking, but Isshin? Come on, Aizen could have easily used his broken powers and not break a sweat against him.
Old 2010-11-19, 13:33   Link #52
Gin
*Artist

The problem Kubo has is that Ai-chan's Shikai should have been his Bankai, and his actual Shikai should have been the one he made up to fool everyone. Absolute, perfect, permanent hypnosis that can be triggered at any time with out a word is too strong for a Shikai. It is essentially a perfect power, with no room for improvement, and thats what a Bankai is supposed to be, not a Shikai. Ai-chan doesn't have a Bankai because Kubo can't think of anything better than what he already gave Ai-chan.
Old 2010-11-19, 14:15   Link #53
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

How awesome and hench must Gin be that he can use his bankai at that speed and not slide back? If you take his sword to be around 150 kg , going at 500 times the speed of sound, and he's only 80 kg, the force pushing him back should be huge (momentum of around 25 million Newtonseconds) yet he shows no sign of movement, which suggests that all of the recoil is going through his arm. Even holding such a sword without dropping the tip would require quite considerable arm muscles, as the length of the sword means that the moment of the force must be huge.
This probably can be explained using reiatsu and plotkai, but that's still pretty awesome stuff (not Yamamoto's "I'll punch you so hard that you shatter into a gazillion pieces awesome, but nearing it)
Old 2010-11-19, 14:30   Link #54
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Can't say it's inaccurate though...Yamamoto was done justice, coz he waited to get pierced before attacking, but Isshin? Come on, Aizen could have easily used his broken powers and not break a sweat against him.
This is simply what happens when you make your characters invincible. Aizen's shikai is unstoppable. There is nothing you can do to stop him from bringing you under the spell, and even if you know you're under it, he can make you see, feel, smell, hear, and experience whatever the hell he wants to and take his time to cut you up.

Since Kyoka Suigetsu cannot be defeated, from this episode onwards KT will start to move Aizen's sword to the background. Aizen will just stop using his sword. You can think of a thousand reasons why, but the only accurate one is that Kyoka Suigetsu is too powerful to be defeated. Thus KT's plotkai.
Old 2010-11-19, 20:28   Link #55
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well, with all this talk about the hogyoku, something really big has to happen in order to make Aizen never use his sword from this point..
Old 2010-11-19, 21:53   Link #56
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Ai-chan doesn't have a Bankai because Kubo can't think of anything better than what he already gave Ai-chan.
Reality warping Bankai?

"This is my Bankai. The entire world is my Bankai."
Old 2010-11-19, 22:07   Link #57
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Not world it is word
Aizen: Bankai
Ichigo: Shit
wind blows and a bird goes by
Ichigo: Well
Aizen: That is it
Old 2010-11-19, 22:47   Link #58
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well, with all this talk about the hogyoku, something really big has to happen in order to make Aizen never use his sword from this point..
Actually, exactly the opposite. Instead of relying on his sword, Aizen is now relying on the Hougyoku.
Old 2010-11-20, 01:25   Link #59
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Actually, exactly the opposite. Instead of relying on his sword, Aizen is now relying on the Hougyoku.
As I feared... The Hougyoku is going to be a tool of obsession for Aizen that he will not use his omg-god-like Bankai, and just use whatever the Hougyoku to surprise us, well, let us see what it has in store
Old 2010-11-25, 21:45   Link #60
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Unlike Aizen, Gin's speeches and playful pranks plus coupled with his kiddy frightener's face never cease to amuse me.

Shinso, itself, is as deadly, and its Bankai speaks of awestruck-ness in world speed, when it looked like Ichigo barely could caught his breath to block it with Zangetsu.

And, as always, Aizen can't restrain himself from blabbering. So, what we can expect from the Hougyoku?

Great things, terrible things certainly, but great, nonetheless.
Closed Thread