Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Spoiler for Episode 30:
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 03:28   Link #666
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep31:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 08:18   Link #667
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

As of the villains, when those two were first introduced then I made speculations about the bad guys for this season.

I immediately jumped to conclusion that they were based off from the Seven Deadly Sins, so I figured out the embodiment of the sin that they particularly represent:

King Jikochuu - Pride. It's obvious since he's self-centered and refuses to acknowledge the everyone else existence.

Regina - Greed. Her behavior, at the beginning, to have and hog Mana all by herself and attempting to get rid of Manas' friends.

Bel - Sloth. He is usually seen taking long naps and not being proactive at taking the initiative on his own, unless King Jikochuu issues the order.

Marmo - Lust. It only came to mind that she represented that sin due that "Lust" depicted on screen usually takes the form of female characters.

Ira - Wrath. The name is so obvious, and his actions are so self-explanatory. Reckless, headstrong, brash, impulsive, and easy to get ticked off.

Riva - Envy. In his case, I ran out of options, and "Envy" was the last sin left to include.

Gula - Gluttony. Just like Ira, his name's also obvious and self-explanatory. He's seen eating and eating without rest.

It wasn't until I made a more thorough research about the Jikochuu, that I finally found out the meaning behind their names.

Their names are either based upon the Seven Deadly Sins or the Demons that are the embodiment of the Deadly Sins.

Gula. (Self-explanatory). From the latin gula, which stands for gluttony.

Ira. (Self-explanatory). From the latin ira, which stands for wrath.

Riva. Comes from the name of the demon Leviathan, which is the embodiment of envy or jealousy.

Bel. Comes from the name of the demon Belphegor, which is the embodiment of sloth.

Marmo. Comes from the name of the demon Mammon, which is the embodiment of greed.

Only I got Marmo's sin representation all wrong, but the rest were correct.

King Jikochuu can be the representation of the sin of Pride. However, Regina being the representation of the sin of Lust can be quite troublesome, as it is a children's show for little girls.

I do know that promiscuous, uncontrolled sexuality is not the only thing that 'Lust' represents. Lust, in general, can and may also refer to uncontrolled desire for an infinite number of things:
- lust for power.
- lust for eternal youth and immortality.
- lust for warmongering.
- etc, etc, etc.

The thing is that usually people tend to identify "lust" in most of the cases with sexual desire, and Regina being depicted in this season most of the time as a prankster but with a naivé heart and cute disposition doesn't quite fit at all with the mold of being the representative of "Lust".

Hence, it brings forth within me the conclusion that another duo of Jikochuu baddies is going to get introduced in the forthcoming episodes.

One representing the sin of 'Pride', and the other representing the sin of 'Lust'.

And, obviously, their names taken either from the seven sins or the demons.

I have quite an idea of what their names would be:

1. The Jikochuu of Lust:
  1. Lux/Luxor - comes from the latin luxuria, which stands for lust. OR
  2. Asmo/Asma - comes from the name of the demon Asmodeus, which is the embodiment of lust.

2. The Jikochuu of Pride:
  1. Super/Supa - comes from the latin superbia, which stands for pride. OR
  2. Lucy - comes from the name of the demon Lucifer, which is the embodiment of pride.

Either this last Jikochuu duo is going to be a male-female couple or both females.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 09:59   Link #668
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 30. The Final Test! The Legendary Precure!

I apologized for the double post.

On-Topic
So far, this is the best and top-notch episode.

The drama delivered was fabulous, as was the fight against Melan; maybe not epic, but definitely strayed off from the conventional formula in terms of plot devices.

The story about how the universe came to be was interesting, although I believe it only holds true within Doki Doki universe. Seriously, I cannot fathom the universe started being rule by the darkness before the PreCure came; it's gloomy if you think through it.

Anyways, the girls get to rest from the Jikochuu, which is a first time within the whole Pretty Cure franchise. I mean in the previous seasons, whenever the girls went outside the city or the country, the baddies would randomly followed them there. That event didn't happen at all for this particular episode of Doki Doki.

Anyways, we also get to learn a bit of history about the first PreCure from Melan, and the treasure they carried to destroy what was originally the first Darkness of sorts.

The fight against Dragon-Melan couldn't turned out to be more dramatic, and yet it did with Mana (Cure Heart) pushing herself to the limits. Though I do not forget that this episode also delivered a first, that a Pretty Cure powered-down back to civilian form after exhausting herself from a lengthy battle which happened to Mana.
Old 2013-09-08, 11:26   Link #669
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

I have to agree with 2 more Jikochuu cadets appearing in the forthcoming episodes.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 13:10   Link #670
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I have to agree with 2 more Jikochuu cadets appearing in the forthcoming episodes.
If they're going to appear, I suspect they'll appear in the later half of the 30s. On the subject of the representation of Sins, for me having Regina or Selfish King as any Sin wouldn't work.

My preference is for Regina to represent a person surrounded by sin and temptation. One that must either overcome it or fail to do so. While Selfish King would be one that dominates over such things.

As such having two new characters represent the remaining sins is definitely the best course, so I guess I'll agree as well.
Old 2013-09-08, 14:22   Link #671
elior

from the interview in this link it seems we been after all about connection between aguri and regina. look at the question Please tell us more about the highlights of the future second half http://precure.livejournal.com/2467018.html
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 00:06   Link #672
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
from the interview in this link it seems we been after all about connection between aguri and regina. look at the question Please tell us more about the highlights of the future second half http://precure.livejournal.com/2467018.html
Ah, that interview. Let me read that part again. Well, the way they word it is interesting. Plus we must remember that Regina reacted to Cure Ace back when Ace was introduced. So there has to be some connection between the two.

Granted for all we know it may turn out to be something mundane like the aura Ace gives off causes pain to a being like Regina. However I highly doubt it will be that simple.

Still one thing that is curious is that Regina has yet to meet with Aguri herself. Regina meeting with Aguri could tell us quite a bit one way or the other. Speaking of Regina.
Old 2013-09-14, 17:21   Link #673
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 31. Oogai Town is in Big Pinch! The Birth of the Magical Lovely Pad!

This week's episode is about to air, but, luckily, I've watched the previous week's episode to post my comments about it before the former airs.

The thirty-first delivered all moments of drama and glory, and I see that they moved the milestone stage on this episode.

With milestone stage I mean the moment when the PreCure are tossed into the abyss of despair and find themselves unable to get out of the slump. This usually happens when either the Final Boss or the Dragon to the end boss overpowers them all and humiliates them to add salt into the injury.
That milestone is a needed sort of device for the PreCure to make their most majestic comeback in order to defeat the main evil of their respective season for good.

But, Doki Doki, the writers moved that moment in this episode, and I say it truly packed deep punch: watching Mana cried her heart all out and feeling angry upon Riva and Gula's relentless scheme to make Jikochuu out of all people at Oogai Town.
Indeed, this episode had its best moments, however, the only letdowns is that the all-Combo Great Finisher's attack for Doki Doki is uninspiring and not creative in this season. Everyone gets a deck of cards and each PreCure tosses her appointed card to Cure Heart, which she then uses them all in combination with her own card to power-up her deck. Then, she throws her whole deck of cards, creating a Heart flash that engulfs the enemy.

That letdown and the other that the merged Riva-Gula were defeated in generic fashion just like if he was any common Jikochuu when I expected them to be blasted with an awesome Finisher, but what happened at the conclusion for that episode pretty much justifies why they were just defeated in a generic manner.

My speculation goes that King Jikochuu or his Dragon-character pulled out something similar to the Jikochuu plant, that both Riva and Gula attempted on the whole Oogai Town's population, in order to make Jikochuu out from almost all of the Trump Kingdoms' citizens.

Spoiler for As for the episode's ending:
Old 2013-09-14, 19:07   Link #674
Witched

And so, it was an Aguri character development episode!

Quality has noticeably dropped.

Spoiler for 32:
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 17:23   Link #675
Bgunit

I got a speculation about the pride selfish I think it nikaido the guy in episode 32 where he rebuilds the Bon fire because he shows lots of pride I think his father was a selfish general until he fell in love with nikaido's mother I also think he will be Mana's future husband in the movie
Bgunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 16:00   Link #676
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 32. Mana Falls Sick! A Wild Cultural Festival!

Honestly, I do not understand why they cut the rest of the Happy Prince story that Aguri read and stop at the part where she finds out the sparrow dies and the Prince is left only as the lead heart?
The rest of the story follows that the Happy Prince was replaced by another statue, but the mayor and the councilors kept quarreling and bickering amongst themselves whose image would be put in the next statue.

Nevertheless, time passes and God sent two angels asking them to bring the treasure that's worth the most in the town. The Angels descended into the city and made search for what God asked them to do. At the end, they returned to the Heavens and present to God the Prince's heart of lead and the remains of the sparrow.
Joyfully, God answered that indeed those two were the most precious treasures, so God placed the soul of the Happy Prince to live forever in the Heavens, as for the sparrow God placed its soul in the Heavenly Garden for the bird to sing its songs forever.

Pretty much, Doki Doki will end with a happy ending, although obvious that won't require Mana or anybody else sacrificing themselves to do so for obvious reasons that concern TOEI and its shows intended to children.

Moreover, I'll be more than happy if someone shuts up Aguri. Prety much I don't need to watch her lecturing onscreen to make everyone realize how it's important to become responsible; that's preachy.

Mana has her way and her rhythm to inspire and to encourage her peers. Pretty much if she needs to teach her classmates about responsibility, joy, and diligence she would have deemed it necessary.
At the end, the students themselves took the initiative on their own to fix what was broken not because of sense of duty or following orders, but seeing Mana putting much love for the festival inspired them to do so out of kindness, love, and affection.

As for the Jikochuu, the monsters have been powered up by the Blood Rings, which I immediately nailed it that were made of the energy remains from both Riva and Gula.
The teacup MOTW was good in that it made the Cures dizzy almost to the breaking point that Cure Heart could have vomitted at any moment.
Old 2013-09-17, 21:03   Link #677
Witched

There's one thing that's nitpicky- the fact that a sick Mana doesn't exactly act or deal with her fever as a sick person. Is she really that super strong that she can even fight- well, mostly move, without having to rely on someone else to stand? It's understandable that their stats get raised when transformed, but Mana tends to recover from so many things quickly, as if the problems were simply poorer within the next few moments after a break from attacking.

Made me wonder how Heart did not vomit after the tea cup spinning right after that, while in Episode 4, she had puked after her and Diamond arrived on the Clover mobile!

So what does anyone/everyone have to say on Ira's position? Since Episode 26 happened, he had soften after receiving kindness and caring from Rikka (while taking a liking to her). Instead of going straight in for the Cure's demise, a buffed MotW appears in his place, then he leaves while saying it was merely an introduction... And then there was that shocked expression after being called out by Rikka. (. 3.)
Old 2013-09-18, 04:37   Link #678
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witched View Post
There's one thing that's nitpicky- the fact that a sick Mana doesn't exactly act or deal with her fever as a sick person. Is she really that super strong that she can even fight- well, mostly move, without having to rely on someone else to stand? It's understandable that their stats get raised when transformed, but Mana tends to recover from so many things quickly, as if the problems were simply poorer within the next few moments after a break from attacking.
Mana's fever already went down after a good night of sleep. Even with a temperature of 38.1 °C, it's not like you are so sick that you can't stand on your own.

Quote:
So what does anyone/everyone have to say on Ira's position? Since Episode 26 happened, he had soften after receiving kindness and caring from Rikka (while taking a liking to her). Instead of going straight in for the Cure's demise, a buffed MotW appears in his place, then he leaves while saying it was merely an introduction... And then there was that shocked expression after being called out by Rikka. (. 3.)
I am glad that they didn't completely forget the events of ep.26 but I hoped that Ira would act even more embarassed in front of Rikka.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 15:31   Link #679
Witched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Mana's fever already went down after a good night of sleep. Even with a temperature of 38.1 °C, it's not like you are so sick that you can't stand on your own.
It's as if barely anything affects her so much.
Old 2013-09-19, 16:42   Link #680
elior

Spoiler for episode 36 summery:

this should be intresting episode
elior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, magical girl