AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 12 44.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 29.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-27, 17:51   Link #41
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post

What was said was probably just a result of anger based on disappointment based on expectations and not being able to look at it objectively.
Kinda like this show.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 18:00   Link #42
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

By the way, this is the first episode of Sunshine to not reference µ's at all! Apparently pigs really can fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma Kousaka View Post
Sunshine!!'s 3rd year drama culminates 8 episodes into a finale that needed to be 2 episodes while also being more overdamatic.
If I had any say in the creation of this anime, I would probably put the reveal about Kanan's feigning for Mari's sake into episode 8, in the (non)hug scene at the pier. Then we could start episode 9 with Dia revealing it to the rest of Aqours while Mari is shell-shocked at the reveal, giving a whole episode to develop and resolve the tension among the 3rd years instead of half of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
I'm really like how Chika is turning out in Sunshine.
From how she orders the 3rd years around and seek Yohane on a running Dia, she's a natural leader and doesn't even realize it yet. lol
Chika was great in this episode, and she is heavily impressing me as a character in this show as a whole, which is pretty funny because the prospect of her being too much of a Honoka clone was one of things I was fearing the most about Sunshine before it aired.

Quote:
This episode also showed me something I wanted to see for some time.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This looks like a CD cover.
Give it to me, Lantis. lol
Oh yes.

Yeah that whole insert song sequence was gorgeously animated. It felt like a 3rd Sunshine PV!
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 18:11   Link #43
Windy
Smug AF Birb

Send a message via MSN to Windy
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Kinda like this show.
I'm a bit bad at context, do you mean that as in people are mistaken about the show since they can't objectively look at it due to comparing it to the original love live so much? Or that the show is actually disappointing.

I hope its not the latter XD
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 18:27   Link #44
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

lol somebody called this Yohane's new single:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Chika was great in this episode, and she is heavily impressing me as a character in this show as a whole, which is pretty funny because the prospect of her being too much of a Honoka clone was one of things I was fearing the most about Sunshine before it aired.
I'm still hoping (in vain) that they would consider adding Chika's red bow from the last PV as her new default accessory. She looked incredible like a "KEY" heroine.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2016-08-27 at 18:40.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 18:57   Link #45
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
I'm still hoping (in vain) that they would consider adding Chika's red bow from the last PV as her new default accessory. She looked incredible like a "KEY" heroine.
If it's to solidify her role as leader of Aqours, why not?

@ Yohane

Kurosawas got DaTenshi'd.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 18:59   Link #46
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
I'm a bit bad at context, do you mean that as in people are mistaken about the show since they can't objectively look at it due to comparing it to the original love live so much? Or that the show is actually disappointing.

I hope its not the latter XD
definitely the former. I wished there was some interview from a director or some press that set expectations for us. We all watched this show with no set expectations except for our own thoughts and speculation of what it's gonna be about.

I wonder what the Japanese think of this show and if they share any of our sentiments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Kurosawas got DaTenshi'd.
Yoshik- I mean Yohane wrapping her leg around them is the finishing blow.
Old 2016-08-27, 19:55   Link #47
tsunade666

wow... just wow man. manly tears man. manly tears. super strong and effective episode.
Old 2016-08-27, 20:08   Link #48
Wandering Soul

That was certainly an emotional episode. It hit pretty hard. Now at least all the third year drama is done and the group is complete.
Old 2016-08-27, 21:16   Link #49
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

You needs to stop jumping to uniforms
Old 2016-08-27, 21:42   Link #50
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:

I liked this, given I used to be a big pro wrestling fan. It's very well-drawn, and it shows good grappling ability by Yohane. Bret Hart and Ric Flair probably would have applauded Yohane's work here and recommend she'd get into pro wrestling.

Yohane's Fallen Angel persona would even give her an excellent starting pro wrestling persona. She'd probably work great as Undertaker or Kane's girlfriend.
Old 2016-08-27, 22:18   Link #51
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Agreed, Chika is turning out great as her own character. The main difference is, unlike Honoka, who was a natural at leading others, Chika has to put in effort, which sometimes involves putting your teammates in her place if they're being dumb. Having a chuuni wrestler in your crew helps with that

Quote:

Considering they're named after jewelry, you could probably come up with some chuuni lines for a song about them.

Quote:
Look at Rewrite and tell me if the standard female uniform is attractive in any way whatsoever.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 23:11   Link #52
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Look at Rewrite and tell me if the standard female uniform is attractive in any way whatsoever.
Not the uniforms, I was referencing Kawasumi Mai from Kanon.
The bow worked wonders for her. I think it would add to Chika's charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
She'd probably work great as Undertaker or Kane's girlfriend.
Yeah, no. Let's not do that. The mental picture is soul crushing and illegal.

Spoiler for Yohane's Wrestling Theme:

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2016-08-28 at 01:20.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 23:37   Link #53
Pen3

The abdominal stretch is such a weak wrestling move though. She should've done a full nelson to expose the boobies at least.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 23:40   Link #54
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Not the uniforms, I was referencing Kawasumi Mai from Kanon.
The bow worked wonders for her. I think it would add to Chika's charm.
I see. Well, there was no way I could've made that connection. In my case, when I think of Mai (she's great, of course), I think of big sword and kuudere.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 03:39   Link #55
judasmartel
*Author

Some genius guy tracked Kanan's daily marathon route on Google Maps.

Spoiler for 3.2 km across the Uchiura Bay:

Spoiler for So what was Saitama's training regimen again?:

She must have taken her training regimen from Saitama. The only reason she didn't get bald was that she only did more than half his daily training routine. Nonetheless, Kanan is on her way to become the One Punch Girl.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 05:50   Link #56
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Some genius guy tracked Kanan's daily marathon route on Google Maps.

Spoiler for 3.2 km across the Uchiura Bay:

Spoiler for So what was Saitama's training regimen again?:

She must have taken her training regimen from Saitama. The only reason she didn't get bald was that she only did more than half his daily training routine. Nonetheless, Kanan is on her way to become the One Punch Girl.
She is so fit; I love it.
Old 2016-08-28, 07:51   Link #57
Nork22

people moaning about pacing
**shoulder shrug**
While I do acknowledge people's issue with the pacing (I've noticed it too), I feel it worked regardless. I honestly don't think it needs to be dragged on for another episode cause you can run into the problem of padding out the next episode with more mopey drama like the last 2 episodes of OG S1.

On the subject of the episode itself, somehow I enjoyed the drama in this. I think it's in no small part of the amusing moments that are spread out in the episode itself. You jumping off the balcony to catch the uniform had me laughing and giving me a heart-attack. Girl, don't do that! Chika is starting to become a natural leader with the way she got the 3rd years to sit down and talk. And the Zura-Ruby-Yohane dynamics were just amusing on their own. Anyway as for the drama itself, yeah Kanan deserved that slap, but I don't get why Mari feels she deserved one in return. Overall at least they finally got out what they've been bottling up for the past 2 years now and they will now start moving forward again.

Heh... this speculation back at episode 6 was kinda true.

Next episode preview, looks like the girls may be doing some part-time work. Could this mean... Michael, David and Steve's debut?! Sunrise! Make this happen!

Quote:
It saddened me because Kotori was last place and she's my #2, but Nork was devastated and Tempster was pissed.
It was an acceptable set-back, since Kotori went on to rank high in subsequent polls/vote. Yes... yes...
Old 2016-08-28, 08:03   Link #58
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
people moaning about pacing

Heh... this speculation back at episode 6 was kinda true.

Next episode preview, looks like the girls may be doing some part-time work. Could this mean... Michael, David and Steve's debut?! Sunrise! Make this happen!
You just made me realize we're 9 episodes in and still missing this.

Omg Sunrise why, this show is now literally unwatchable, worst anime of the season 0/10

/sarcasm

Seriously though, the show needs them, it just wouldn't be Sunshine without Michael David, and Steve
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 08:10   Link #59
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

So I'm the only one satisfied with the episode?
Old 2016-08-28, 08:38   Link #60
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork22 View Post
While I do acknowledge people's issue with the pacing (I've noticed it too), I feel it worked regardless. I honestly don't think it needs to be dragged on for another episode cause you can run into the problem of padding out the next episode with more mopey drama like the last 2 episodes of OG S1.
Am I really the only person here who thinks Dia joining Aqours should have been a bigger moment for her and Ruby? With Dia and Ruby as two of my top 3 Aqours girls, I thought they were seriously shortchanged in this episode.

I actually found Arisa's response to Eli joining μ's (i.e. μ's first live with all 9 members) to be more emotionally compelling than Ruby's response to Dia joining Aqours. I really don't think this should be the case as Ruby is a more important character than Arisa is, and Ruby now gets to perform with her sister, not merely watch her sister perform.

The Kanan/Mari side of things probably could have used more setup in earlier episodes (mainly a matter of Kanan could have used more screen-time in previous episodes), but whatever, it felt like a solid climax anyway. With Ruby/Dia, I honestly felt "Really? That's it? After all the excellent build-up the Ruby/Dia sister relationship has received, we're not going to get a beautiful "tears of joy" sisterly hug as Ruby experiences great happiness/relief over finally getting to perform alongside her sister?" In general, I thought Dia joining Aqours should have felt like a much bigger deal. In this episode, it was kinda treated like an after-thought.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2016-08-28 at 08:50.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote