AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 43 28.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 25.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 19.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 14.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 7.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.65%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.96%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-21, 02:37   Link #81
Ardee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonleap View Post
The song that Haruhi is humming is the famous "Can Can" song if everyone wonders....
The reference may run deeper - the Can Can music is from Orpheus in the Underworld, and if you read a synopsis of it (it's a comic opera involving love triangles of supernaturals), you'll think:

1) This might have inspired Ep 00
and
2) Haruhi's storyline is more comprehensible!
Old 2009-08-21, 03:15   Link #82
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Watching this episode, I remember when I started hating Haruhi (the character) when I was reading Sighs, when she stole Kyon's Drink that Mikuru offered him, my 1st though t was "what a Bitch!".

This episode was alright, overall better then last weeks but not enough Yuki for me :P lol... well she did block all those bullets, I don't expect anything less.

Yeah, Sighs is good to remember why Haruhi is a bitch. About that 'indirect kiss' scene, if you pay atention, Harui roll her eyes up before telling why she took the bottle. It is clear that make the reason after taking the action.

Watching again, with subtitles, I start to think Sighs might be better to watch then to read. Many things I enjoyed this episode were more visual (like the de ja vu when filming).

Also, two times this episode I get the feeling the either Haruhi can read minds or Kyon can project his thoughts. The confusion between his thought and talking lines were always confusing, however, from 11:51 to 11:59 Kyon was clearly thinking, we ould even see his mouth. Haruhi respond his thought anyway. Also, latter (18:38 - 18:42) Kyon 'thinks' Haruhi would be as beautiful as Mikuru if she put on a decent smile. She then ask if he said somthing (impling he muttered to himself), this time we hadn't see his mouth, so it is not that strange however, Mikuru, who is closer, didn' show sigs to have heared it, which is strange, sisnce he was complimenting her.

Also, Itsuki lines this episodes are funny. He keep saing how terrifing he is about Haruhi and how annoying is having to act. However, his face do't change a bit. No wonder why he creeps Kyon (and Taniguchi) out.

Oh, Yuki didn't block all the bulets. Most have missed, anyway
Old 2009-08-21, 03:22   Link #83
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Yes! Yes! Yes! The moving, blinking, audibly talking background characters are back! I wonder what was the gist of that balloon conversation...?

Very good episode, with lots of minor details (already mentioned by others) added in. Very consistent with Ep00. Will rate after watching a.f.k.'s release next week.

On thread activity, I'd rather have it stay civil, easy-to-read and on-topic. And *gasp* there are actually people who watch the episode but don't post in forum discussion threads?!
Old 2009-08-21, 04:31   Link #84
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Holy fuck that was awesome.

All the little details. This REALLY feels like S1 again. Except for the visuals. But hey.

Haruhi is the biggest, most awesome bitch ever. From the slamming of the door open, to the Can-Can song, to EPIC INDIRECT KISS COCKBLOCK to her 'encouragement' of Mikuru... incredible.

And thanks to Umineko, I kept yelling at Koizumi to "DENY THE WITCH, DENY HER IN BLUE" when WitchYuki first showed up... -_-

Lots of Koizumi in general, which I consider to be a good thing.

9/10 because the art is still crap. Otherwise, very, very enjoyable episode.
Old 2009-08-21, 04:33   Link #85
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
I will admit that I enjoyed the episode a lot more than last weeks. Kyon's snarkiness was in full blast and made me laugh several times. And hearing all of Haruhi's ludicrous directing decisions all over again brought back some great memories. I will agree with some people here and say that Sighs has been much more enjoyable to watch than it was to read.

And Haruhi is definitely starting to get really mean. Poor, poor Mikuru-chan...
Old 2009-08-21, 05:43   Link #86
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Yeah, yeah... you can all say Haruhi's a "b*tch"... but just like Kyon... with just one of these shot your way...

Spoiler:

...and BAM!!!... you forgive her :P
Old 2009-08-21, 05:58   Link #87
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Wow! I totally didn't expect to enjoy Ssighs arc so much! A lot of things were just so much more entertaining to watch than read.
At this rate, I actually don't mind if they use up all of the remaining "new" episodes on Sighs.

I can't wait to see them all jaw drop when
Spoiler for just in case:

btw, do we even need spoiler tags? We already know the finished product (episode 00)

禁則事項です
Old 2009-08-21, 06:01   Link #88
iHateApril3rd2009
Be Patient.

haruhi-chan ep 7 reference

10/10
Old 2009-08-21, 06:08   Link #89
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for Inconsistencies between Ep 00 and this ep:
Old 2009-08-21, 06:10   Link #90
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Artwork and animation were both a bit better this episode. At the very least, I didn't notice much to criticize about it; nowhere near as much as I did last episode. Haruhi looked much closer to her 2006 self here, and in fact had many nice shots. She still looked K-Onified about 25% of the time, but that's a lot better than many episodes this season. The rest of the cast were exceptionally well-animated and positioned. Kyon, Itsuki, Mikuru, and Yuki simply all felt right this episode.

Haruhi conveyed, in art/animation; voice acting; and dialogue; the playful but bossy villainous overlord role quite nicely in this episode. This is precisely how I like to view her.

This is probably the best episode of the year thus far. I'll try to put a more detailed review up on my blog later today, but this is a solid episode - not much to poke fun at here, which is great for everything except trying to make a comedic review of it of course.

This is a 9/10 for me - very close to 10/10, and losing that purely for artwork/animation issues, same as Kaisos.
Old 2009-08-21, 06:21   Link #91
Akka

Quite a good episode.
Funny, loaded with references to ep 00, and the feeling of the S1 is definitely here.

Well, I still want to slam Haruhi's head against a wall, but after seeing School Days, she appears much more bearable, which helps
Old 2009-08-21, 06:36   Link #92
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Nagato...
Spoiler for Someone needs a reboot...or a hug:
Old 2009-08-21, 07:33   Link #93
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Really liking the new art, way better than season 1's that's for sure.
Old 2009-08-21, 08:02   Link #94
brocko

Great episode filled with many a great moments. Enjoyed watching every bit from start to finish. Best episode of the season by far imo. (and who said Sighs was going to be boring? =P, then again it's not like there's was much to compete with to begin with after all )

Nothing to really nitpick about, not even the art! It was spot on this time, lets hope they keep it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt37 View Post
Spoiler for ep 11:
Nice catch there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpt37 View Post
Spoiler for ep 11:
Man talk about attention to detail, that stuff was animated like three years ago

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2009-08-21, 08:18   Link #95
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Spoiler for Inconsistencies between Ep 00 and this ep
Truth be told, Haruhi might have shot more than one cut for each scene.
Old 2009-08-21, 08:38   Link #96
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Truth be told, Haruhi might have shot more than one cut for each scene.
Probably not. They took the care for having Mikuru asking if it is for her pick the gun and then shoot with it. She did the same in the episode00, if it was the second shot, she wouldn't have to ask. It is really a inconsistence, even a minor one.

No one have commented the cast on the credits yet? This time not only Haruhi's, but Kyon's name is also off. The distance between the 'Kyon' and 'Asahina Mikuru' is biggenr then it is between the othr three. The distance between 'Suzumiya Haruhi' is also bigger. Also, Haruhi's name is a bit off to left, while Kyon's is to right. I wonder what this symbolize.

Another minor trivia, Mikuru's name on her waitress uniform is writen as "みくる"(hiragana). However, the name of the character she is playing is "ミクル"('mikuru' in katakana). A small error for the Great Director.
Old 2009-08-21, 08:49   Link #97
typhonsentra

By the way, the scene where Kyon first gets to the station and Haruhi looks at her arm for an extended shot, was their any meaning to that scene other than that she realized she hadn't put her armband on yet? It seemed like a weird scene.

Edit: Didn't notice the hoodie situation, that's a cute touch they added.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-21, 09:02   Link #98
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I don't know if anybody mentioned this yet, but...

Spoiler for Episode 11:
Old 2009-08-21, 09:12   Link #99
Mr Bland
Photographers are sexy.

Nice lack of crippled hands in this episode! Though I felt bad for Mikuru, especially seeing her with her face on the table so depressingly...

But I couldn't help but laugh. Especially at the guy who snapped a photo of her in the Bunny Girl suit, and Kyon's angry glare back at him.

I hope we get our Mikuru Beam next week, and Yuki tackling Mikuru
Old 2009-08-21, 09:34   Link #100
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I don't know if anybody mentioned this yet, but...

Spoiler for Episode 11:
Yes, it was mentioned. I also commented she rolled her eyes up before explaining, showing she first took the bottle (due to jealous) and then think a reason to have done so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Closed Thread