Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-03-04, 03:19   Link #61
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXValaRevan View Post
Sigrun blows Tanith away. And Sanaki and Sigrun are attractive in different ways. Sigrun would be more beautiful, but as said, Sanaki is cuter. Sigrun has an attractive figure, as well as having a certain almost melancholic look. Her features are more beautiful and elegant, as opposed to Sanaki.
I don't know, there's just something overwhelmingly alluring about this:

Everytime I see this picture I have a hard time looking away. It's got to be the eyes.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 13:11   Link #62
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Well like I said and Revan said: Sanaki is sure cute but Sigrun has a more... Mature kind of beauty about her. Its hard to describe
Old 2008-03-04, 20:58   Link #63
ZXValaRevan
Optomist

Send a message via MSN to ZXValaRevan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I don't know, there's just something overwhelmingly alluring about this:

Everytime I see this picture I have a hard time looking away. It's got to be the eyes.
Pervert.

It's probably Sanaki's loli-dom. Or maybe she's just a character that you like.
ZXValaRevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 04:22   Link #64
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Pervert.

It's probably Sanaki's loli-dom. Or maybe she's just a character that you like.
It's both and the fact that she is pretty much the most powerful mage in the game. Her ability to crush all resistance is absolutely terrifying. I clocked 174 damage in a single hit with her once when Flare (Ignore Defence) and critical (Three Times Damage) activated along with Cymbeline (Read Sanaki does a dance and a forward flip summoning a meteor that falls out of the sky right above the enemies head), plus she healed back to full health in the process. That's the power of an all mighty empress and keeps the common folks nipping at her heels. Whether the boot comes down is up to her.

Plus her theme song is one my favourite songs in the game second only to the Black Knights.

Has a regal feel to it doesn't it. I get goosebumps from the church organ and the choir singing her praise.
Old 2008-03-05, 13:44   Link #65
krisslanza

174? Not too bad. I think the Black Knight can do over 200 damage though.
Old 2008-03-05, 23:26   Link #66
ZXValaRevan
Optomist

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
174? Not too bad. I think the Black Knight can do over 200 damage though.
If Nephenee crits with Impale she can do way too much damage. Like 12 times her normal amount.
Old 2008-03-06, 13:04   Link #67
krisslanza

Quote:
If Nephenee crits with Impale she can do way too much damage. Like 12 times her normal amount.
Can you crit while doing a skill?
Let's see... Ok so does x4 damage...

Nephenee can have at most 34STR and the strongest lance is the Wishblade with 22MT. Assuming we're fighting say... A Revenant from SS because they have 0 defense on a normal hit she'd deal... 56? So then if Impale goes off she now deals 224 damage. If you critical on that... 672.

Black Knight has at most 40STR and uses the Alondite with 18MT. So again using a Revenant he'd deal 58 on a normal hit. So if Eclipse goes off his STR is now 200 so he deals 218 damage and on a crit 654.

So yeah I guess Nephenee can outdamage him by 18 with the Alondite
But if we h4x and have him use the Vague Katti with a MT of 20... He would deal 60 on a normal, 220 on Eclipse and 660 on a critical Eclipse so still behind by 12.

You would need a sword with a MT of at least... 24 to match Nephenee's damage.
Old 2008-03-06, 19:23   Link #68
ZXValaRevan
Optomist

Yes. They powered up the Occult skills a bunch when they made them into tier 3 skills. A lot of the characters can do epic damage. For example, Mia at level 20 TrueBlade wielding Killing Edge will often critical more than half the time. If she activates Astra that's good chance of 3 crits (assuming she double hits). Most of the character can own, but Nephenee definitely has a chance of doing mega damage.
Old 2008-03-06, 19:29   Link #69
krisslanza

I can see that
I thought the Black Knight was the highest damage dealing thing in the game, guess I was wrong there...
Old 2008-03-15, 00:26   Link #70
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Well I finished Radiant Dawn a few minutes ago (The shield surrounding the Final Boss was actually more annoying to take down then the actual Goddess) and I'm really going to miss the Telius universe, it's Laguz and most of all....Sanaki. It looks like we're a ways off from any brand new Fire Emblem universe, what with the DS remake of the original being the next game in production.
Old 2008-03-15, 16:42   Link #71
ZXValaRevan
Optomist

I hasn't actually finished it. I plan to finish it this week though, seeing as I'm on the chapter right before final. If you abuse BEXP all your characters can end up like gods. Most of my characters have max in all stats or close, and I haven't used a stat boosting item, except for that first Angelic Robe to boost Micaiah's health...

EDIT: One of my main problems with Sanaki is that she has balls in the Defense and Speed catagories. I mean, most people don't use Ilyana because she has bad speed growth, but I was using her (at a lower level than Sanaki) and she was doing about equal damage, despite having her best Tome as Elthunder, vs Sanaki's Cymbeline, Bolganone, Elfire, Ellight, ArcWind and Arcthunder, solely because of double hitting. But if I can fix Sanaki's speed she will be uber mega.

Last edited by ZXValaRevan; 2008-03-15 at 16:58.
Old 2008-03-15, 18:39   Link #72
Clarste
Human

Sanaki's big weaknesses are speed and strength. Obviously, low speed is bad news, but her pitiful strength prevents her from actually using any tome except for her unique one. I guess that's not so bad, but it's kind of annoying before you get your weapons blessed.

Anyway, it'd hard to call her the most powerful mage if she only gets one attack on something that the other mages would hit twice. I used her because it felt right to, but it took a lot of speedwings to make her keep up with Soren.

My only complaint with Radiant Dawn was Ike coming back and stealing the show. And I was so looking forward to having a caster lord this time. Ike even completely stole the ending. C'mon, your storyline ended the last game. You can have your revenge on the Black Knight, but then you should've went to the back of the line and shut up. Let Micaiah or Sanaki do something for once.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:06   Link #73
ZXValaRevan
Optomist

It's because of all the lords Ike is the most AWESOME!
I like Ike quite a bit, just because of the way he was. Also
Spoiler for Spoilers for Part 3:
Old 2008-03-16, 15:28   Link #74
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89 View Post
Sanaki's big weaknesses are speed and strength. Obviously, low speed is bad news, but her pitiful strength prevents her from actually using any tome except for her unique one. I guess that's not so bad, but it's kind of annoying before you get your weapons blessed.

Anyway, it'd hard to call her the most powerful mage if she only gets one attack on something that the other mages would hit twice. I used her because it felt right to, but it took a lot of speedwings to make her keep up with Soren.

My only complaint with Radiant Dawn was Ike coming back and stealing the show. And I was so looking forward to having a caster lord this time. Ike even completely stole the ending. C'mon, your storyline ended the last game. You can have your revenge on the Black Knight, but then you should've went to the back of the line and shut up. Let Micaiah or Sanaki do something for once.
My Sanaki can attack twice and has max in everything but strength. It's too bad there's no trial map as I also got an item near the end called the Rudol Gem which is specific to her and gives her +10 DEF for a total of 30. So that's 45 HP, 12 Strength, 40 Magic, 33 Skill, 32 Speed, 40 Luck, 30 Defense and 40 Resist. That's one dangerous loli.

Arguably in the end it's the Ike (4-F-2 revolves around him and 4-F-5 does a little too) and Sanaki (4-F-1 and 4-F-4 plots revolve around her as does 4-F-2 and 4-F-5 to some extent) show for the final stage with Micaiah delegated to narrating the events as Yune (Only 4-F-5 revolves around Yune and 4-F-1, 4-F-2 revolve around Micaiah slightly). By the end of the game Sanaki has all but taken over Micaiah's role as female lead since she doesn't even really have any lines anymore. And even in the end the last thing we see is them telling the legend of Ike and how awesome he was.
Old 2008-03-17, 19:42   Link #75
ZXValaRevan
Optomist

Just beat it. That is hands down my favorite game ever. Ike is just so great.
Old 2008-03-18, 00:38   Link #76
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Just beat it. That is hands down my favorite game ever. Ike is just so great.
Believe it or not Fire Emblem IV: Seisen No Keifu (Genealogy of The Holy War) is even better and my favourite game of all time. You just just play one generation of characters you play two, and your first generation get's to have kids and pass on their skills, stat growths and weapons to them.
Old 2008-03-18, 10:40   Link #77
krisslanza

Quote:
Believe it or not Fire Emblem IV: Seisen No Keifu (Genealogy of The Holy War) is even better and my favourite game of all time. You just just play one generation of characters you play two, and your first generation get's to have kids and pass on their skills, stat growths and weapons to them.
I read about that. I have to dislike that system since it totally will screw me over - I always support females with females
Old 2008-03-18, 20:00   Link #78
ZXValaRevan
Optomist

I always support males with females to try to get them to marry in the end.

I like Radiant Dawn a lot for the epic scale of it's story. Plus gameplay. I'm trying to get my paws on Holy war though. And Thracia 776.
Old 2008-03-18, 21:40   Link #79
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
I always support males with females to try to get them to marry in the end.

I like Radiant Dawn a lot for the epic scale of it's story. Plus gameplay. I'm trying to get my paws on Holy war though. And Thracia 776.
It's sort of like a dating point system, but with the effect that it actually makes a huge difference in Gameplay instead of just an ending like with most Visual Novels. Some of the canon pairings seen in Thracia 776 are just weird though. I mean Finn and Lachesis?
Old 2008-03-19, 13:09   Link #80
krisslanza

Quote:
It's sort of like a dating point system, but with the effect that it actually makes a huge difference in Gameplay instead of just an ending like with most Visual Novels. Some of the canon pairings seen in Thracia 776 are just weird though. I mean Finn and Lachesis?
B-but I want my yuri endings