AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 34 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 27.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 27.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-27, 16:29   Link #281
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1 View Post
unconscious galatic fairy? Are you kidding me? That spells out either rape or nude pics on the internet
Well, that's the kind of chances you have to take when you just pass out anywhere.

And yes, I'm kidding. What he should have done is bring her back to the hospital over her protests.
Old 2008-07-27, 16:30   Link #282
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Not to interrupt this thread but this is my new Macross ship
xD!!! Oh wow... Somebody go make a Romance in Macross Frontier (Take 2) with Alto x Barera, please?

Edit: She really doesn't need a hospital though. She just needs rest.
Old 2008-07-27, 16:35   Link #283
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
xD!!! Oh wow... Somebody go make a Romance in Macross Frontier (Take 2) with Alto x Barera, please?

Edit: She really doesn't need a hospital though. She just needs rest.
She just needs to be away from Grace's evil supplements. Also a dose of Hime is probably what the doctor asked for.
Old 2008-07-27, 16:37   Link #284
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Also a dose of Hime is probably what the doctor asked for.
Yeah, damn that bad timing of Cathy and Michael.
Old 2008-07-27, 16:38   Link #285
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
She just needs to be away from Grace's evil supplements. Also a dose of Hime is probably what the doctor asked for.
I think the best cure would've been Alto's house. Too bad she ended up in the Quarter.

To be honest when I saw her and Alto was trying to get her to a place to rest, and she wanted a non-hotel and a non-hospital... Well let's just say the first thing I thought was, "No Alto! Don't do it! That kind of stressful activity will just worsen her condition! LET HER SLEEP!"
Old 2008-07-27, 16:40   Link #286
MaiHikari

Hmm... I don't know if sleep or rest would help Sheryl's case. Whatever drug she took from Grace is killing her.
Old 2008-07-27, 16:46   Link #287
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Hmm... I don't know if sleep or rest would help Sheryl's case. Whatever drug she took from Grace is killing her.
That's mere speculation though. It isn't known for certain if the Witchcraft drug is killing her or not.

In any case, she wouldn't be taking it daily if it was meant for a one-time dose KILL. The Witchcraft drug IF intended to do harm was meant to do it slowly and without suspicion.

The most likely case is that Grace was slowly doing away with her just in case, or trying to keep her off the floor for Ranka to take her place. Most likely, Grace has shunned Sheryl now that she's failed, and left her and her career to die. I said once before that at this point Sheryl is starting to come to terms with the fact that Ranka has stolen the spotlight from her, and her career is coming to an abrupt halt against her will.
Old 2008-07-27, 16:57   Link #288
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Itd be Brera x Alto since the Hime is definitely the uke
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-07-27, 17:33   Link #289
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
MichaelxKlanKlanxSheryl?

Now THAT would be a love triangle... Two potentially deadly and volcanic women vs one unstoppable flirt? Hah...
Oh, the possibilities...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Itd be Brera x Alto since the Hime is definitely the uke
Alto does need a stong, maybe violent... someone/thing...

Quote:
She was fine during the battle with the Vajra... assuming she stopped taking the Witch Craft pills (and hopefully everything else Grace was giving her), she might just be going through detox/withdrawls.

I think there would be rioting in the streets if Sheryl got killed off...
Old 2008-07-27, 17:56   Link #290
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I think there would be rioting in the streets if Sheryl got killed off...
You can't understate the political repurcussions of Sheryl dying any more than you already have.

All English-speaking countries would go to war with Japan. Otakus would flood the streets with protest and bully law enforcement. The U.S. would deploy their navy and blockade the entire coast of Japan! The British would raid the country and take it as their own sattelite-state of Area 11.

The only way any of it could be stopped... Is if Sheryl was brought back! NOBODY takes away people's hopes and dreams! ESPECIALLY not their melons! NEVER steal a man's melons!
Old 2008-07-27, 18:12   Link #291
Wesley84

Quote:
She's half-delirious and completely exhausted one minute, and 100% the next.

My diagnosis is act of plot, and I prescribe personal goals and interests that exclude blue-haired bishies, along with plenty of bed rest. Might I also suggest an attitude adjustment and awareness of your own mortality?
Old 2008-07-27, 18:57   Link #292
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84
My diagnosis is act of plot, and I prescribe personal goals and interests that exclude blue-haired bishies, along with plenty of bed rest. Might I also suggest an attitude adjustment and awareness of your own mortality?
I'd like to give a second opinion. Better to take those blue-haired bishies into bed rest with you.
Old 2008-07-27, 19:51   Link #293
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
I'd like to give a second opinion. Better to take those blue-haired bishies into bed rest with you.
That would mark the end of her character developement, practically before it even began.
Old 2008-07-27, 20:24   Link #294
MaiHikari

Quote:
You can't understate the political repurcussions of Sheryl dying any more than you already have.

All English-speaking countries would go to war with Japan. Otakus would flood the streets with protest and bully law enforcement. The U.S. would deploy their navy and blockade the entire coast of Japan! The British would raid the country and take it as their own sattelite-state of Area 11.

The only way any of it could be stopped... Is if Sheryl was brought back! NOBODY takes away people's hopes and dreams! ESPECIALLY not their melons! NEVER steal a man's melons!
LOL. Kawamori would have to run and change his name to something like Mizukaze.
Old 2008-07-27, 23:09   Link #295
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post

She was fine during the battle with the Vajra... assuming she stopped taking the Witch Craft pills (and hopefully everything else Grace was giving her), she might just be going through detox/withdrawls.
Perhaps some bed rest in pleasant company might be just what she needs. Then again, we have no clue what the witchcraft pill was. It could just be as likely that her internal system is damaged beyond repair. Meaning she probably don't have much time left to live.

I remembered somebody once mentioning that they liked Lunar subs. I differ on that. "Reflex" weapon? Even though they said "thermo-nuclear round" in episode 2? Not very consistent.
Old 2008-07-27, 23:44   Link #296
Traece

I rewatched the singing bit in this episode. I was impressed on how they blended the action music in the background with the battle and the singing. They made it a very epic moment and made it a very emotional song. Especially towards the middle part, they centerstage it with the battle. That alone would put this episode at a ten. It's rare to see an anime play such a powerful scene. ^_^

Edit: However I have to say... Could we setup an Animesuki awards ceremony and give out awards? You know, like most recycled footage?
Old 2008-07-27, 23:48   Link #297
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
I rewatched the singing bit in this episode. I was impressed on how they blended the action music in the background with the battle and the singing. They made it a very epic moment and made it a very emotional song. Especially towards the middle part, they centerstage it with the battle. That alone would put this episode at a ten. It's rare to see an anime play such a powerful scene. ^_^

Edit: However I have to say... Could we setup an Animesuki awards ceremony and give out awards? You know, like most recycled footage?
I feel the same way. The music in the original Macross was ... err... for a lack of a better word, campy. Macross 7 on the other hand was overdone. But this one, I have but one word... wow. The music and the combat blended in very, very well. It feels like MTV sometimes, but one that advances the plot.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-28, 01:52   Link #298
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

LOL at the bridge crew arguing about Minmay and Basara. Priceless.
Old 2008-07-28, 03:38   Link #299
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I feel the same way. The music in the original Macross was ... err... for a lack of a better word, campy. Macross 7 on the other hand was overdone. But this one, I have but one word... wow. The music and the combat blended in very, very well. It feels like MTV sometimes, but one that advances the plot.

- Tak
I must say, the new lyrics for Aimo sound somewhat... fascist, for lack of a better word. I mean, "Advance with the thunderbolt in your hand" or whatever it was? They might have just inserted "Glory for the fatherland!" into it.
Old 2008-07-28, 04:23   Link #300
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
They might have just inserted "Glory for the fatherland!" into it.
Actually they did one better, they put in:

" ここは新たな神の国 (Koko wa arata na Kami no Kuni)" - This is the new "God's Country."

Kami no Kuni is a loaded word in Japanese because of phases from right-wing ultra-nationalists like "日本は天皇中心の神の国" (Japan is a God's Country with the Emperor in its center). Phase like this brings back some really bad memories of Japanese indoctrination during WW2. So to use it in the lyric of Aimo is REALLY creepy.

Gotta say the song writer did a swell job of turning a sweet hippie song into an ultra-nationalist martial song. Definitely working as intended, but why do I feel so creeped out?