AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

Old 2020-09-16, 10:21   Link #201
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
Ever since I read this in the LN, it confirms one thing: Asuna would never be able to live alone without Kirito as shown by Star Queen's wish, but Star King Kirito can function without Asuna, and his protector role that he chose doesn't have anything to do with real world any more. He'd only help connect real world and Underworld if Star Queen Asuna is also copied with him, but this scenario is even less likely than other scenarios because Higa had so little time before others could realize what he was doing.

Tbh I personally cannot fathom a love where you would have no choice of careers or future for your own just to be with the one you love (I already wondered this when she didn't spare any second to agree to follow Kirito's career in America at the start of Alicization) and throw away your life if the person is not with you any more. It's fairy tale love in hindsight, but unhealthily obsessive on another. I would not blame anyone if you're interested to the trope in media, but as someone who had to watch Asuna from being a strong independant subleader in KoB turning into over-dependant love interest who would wish to die if the guy she loves is not with her, it's beyond disappointing.
I don't really see it that way. I mean, to this Asuna she's probably seen anyone else she had come to care about in the Underworld pass away while she's only had Kirito with her through those long 200 years.

I think the only reason Kirito can choose to wholeheartedly dedicate himself to protecting the Underworld is because he doesn't have anything else to live for with Asuna gone and he's willing to commit to doing things that Asuna probably wouldn't have or had advised him against had she still been alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
That reason might suffice if the copied Kirito wished to be deleted too, but he didn't. He lived over 200 years in UW, he knew that he had a responsibility to live for. Asuna is also the Queen of that world in 200 years yet she didn't take that same responsibility, it's clear she doesn't give a shit about that world and only stayed there for Kirito. It's true for her overall characterization post-Aincrad, and it's disappointing to me all the same.
I mean, she was their queen, so I think she definitely felt some responsibility to them but she probably didn't think they would need to go to the extent that Kirito feels he has to being the last one left. Maybe she has faith in the real world to do right more than he does. She was as committed to saving them during the War as anyone was.

But Kirito even before the Underworld has always had an obsession with the ideal virtual world that Asuna didn't, so that probably colors his perspective a lot on why he feels he has to be personally involved like this.
Old 2020-09-19, 10:29   Link #202
azenable
President of TecoT

maybe try not imposing your idea of what u would do, on an anime character
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-19, 11:26   Link #203
Marina2

Sword Art Online Progressive will get anime!
https://twitter.com/sao_anime/status...40259122790400
Old 2020-09-19, 11:56   Link #204
bastek66

I'm surprised they are making adaptation of series everyone knows how it ends. Zero tension, even for anime onlies.
Old 2020-09-19, 12:05   Link #205
Frontier

You know you're a Harem protagonist when naked robot girls mail themselves to you. I really want to see how Kirito got her out of there .

Kirito is able to help Alice realize the meaning of her existence, as she holds the hope of the Underworld's existence and the many people who's lives have been sacrificed in both that world and even in SAO to create a truly virtual life that is as valid as any human life. So never falter or look down Alice, but move forward with the hope that you represent .

Well, Kirito and Alice's rematch didn't quite go how either of them expected. Can't really fight with Kendo swords like you do with swords from the Underworld. But Alice pulled out a win with a surprise embrace and a headbutt .

Holy crud, it's Kirito's dad! Has he ever even made a cameo before? I can't remember. It does kind of fall by the wayside how much trouble Kirito makes for his parents, given this is the second time he's basically been in a coma with them being unable to do anything for their child. But Kirito's dad isn't just a stern, education obsessed, Japanese father, he's someone who believes in Kirito's capabilities and what he can do and wants him to honor his responsibilities and the work he needs to put in to achieve his dreams. Kirito has good parents .

Alice beaming at the thought of working together with Kirito was so adorable, as adorable as her geeking out at exploring his house. And then she calls Kirito's dad "father" like she's an in-law. Has Asuna even gotten to that point ?

Well, Alice you didn't so much "choose" to become a knight so much as you were brainwashed, but sure, take back your narrative as an Integrity Knight .

Alice totally took Kirito's suggestion to bring Asuna well. It's not like she was expecting to get plenty of quality time with Kirito without having a third wheel or anything. She doesn't mind Asuna being there, not one bit !

But at least Asuna was nice enough to make sure they remembered to see Selka when they come back .

They finally have a way to log in to the Underworld remotely, which seems to have been part of a plan by Kayaba and probably Underworld!Kirito. I wonder what their plan is .

Asuna didn't think the Underworld would change as much...but then it turns out the medieval fantasy world has gone sci-fi, with the dragons turned into jets and them fighting space monsters. It also looks like Ronye and Tiese have descendants who still have their memories of Kirito and Alice (and for Tiese, her beloved Eugeo). Really wondering what all happened during Kirito and Asuna's reign and how far developed the Underworld is now .

No better homecoming for the Underworld's king, queen, and most loyal knight quite like vaporizing a monster together .

Fitting to end Alicization with an image of the Rulid trio who started it all, but of course there's a new conflict on the horizon for Kirito and his companions, so as always...Kirito Will Return .
Old 2020-09-19, 14:58   Link #206
l.kostas

Kirito receiving the package - Alice:
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

How Alice was sent through the mail:
TL;DR…

Kirito and Alice meeting Asuna:
TL;DR…

About the Underworld scene:
TL;DR…

About the scene after the ending credits:
TL;DR…

l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-19, 15:08   Link #207
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
TL;DR…

Might want to fix those stray "ÂÂ" strings, they’re very distracting to read!
Old 2020-09-19, 17:16   Link #208
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
I'm surprised they are making adaptation of series everyone knows how it ends. Zero tension, even for anime onlies.
It's about the journey. I mean, it's not like there was ever any tension in any of the other arcs in that sense. We knew the hero would win. And he did. But this is about the story of how he and Asuna became who they are.

Plus there's a super hot dark elf and Asuna being fun again. Plus more of the info broker Argo!

All in all, Progressive is SAO pretty much at its best. I just hope if they don't start on the second floor, everything is from Asuna's perspective. In fact, just have EVERYTHING be from Asuna's perspective.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-19, 17:17   Link #209
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's about the journey. I mean, it's not like there was ever any tension in any of the other arcs in that sense. We knew the hero would win. And he did. But this is about the story of how he and Asuna became who they are.

Plus there's a super hot dark elf and Asuna being fun again. Plus more of the info broker Argo!

All in all, Progressive is SAO pretty much at its best. I just hope if they don't start on the second floor, everything is from Asuna's perspective. In fact, just have EVERYTHING be from Asuna's perspective.
I think the key visual and the teaser basically confirm they're going to follow the manga's take and focus on Asuna's perspective .
Old 2020-09-19, 23:08   Link #210
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
I think it makes perfect sense. The first arc was the absolute best of SAO by a country mile. Going back to that best arc once again just makes good sense. All the more so if it will lead to it being even better than the original was anyways.

Tension doesn't seem an issue either. When was the last time this franchise had tension after that opening arc? Never been any real danger to the main cast and Kirito's victory has always been locked in. Not that it is a big deal anyways. Good prequel stories exist that have you knowing where the end point is going to be. And those can still have extremely strong emotional moments regardless of knowing what is coming.
Old 2020-09-20, 10:14   Link #211
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Tension doesn't seem an issue either. When was the last time this franchise had tension after that opening arc? Never been any real danger to the main cast and Kirito's victory has always been locked in. Not that it is a big deal anyways. Good prequel stories exist that have you knowing where the end point is going to be. And those can still have extremely strong emotional moments regardless of knowing what is coming.
Well, Sugou had Asuna and a bunch of other SAO players trapped in Alfheim. Sinon was going to potentially be Death Gun's next victim and could have been even after they beat Death Gun in GGO. Pretty much anyone in the Underworld was in the same position as anyone in SAO (and some of them legitimately died).
Old 2020-09-20, 11:35   Link #212
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Wait, that was the ending? Interesting. Very interesting. And with Progressive being announced, I'm guessing this continuing story with the trio will be set aside for later?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-20, 12:30   Link #213
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Wait, that was the ending? Interesting. Very interesting. And with Progressive being announced, I'm guessing this continuing story with the trio will be set aside for later?
The current arc is currently just beginning, so I imagine the plan is to use Progressive and maybe some side stories to keep SAO animation going until they have enough material to adapt from.
Old 2020-09-20, 22:30   Link #214
Zangor17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The current arc is currently just beginning, so I imagine the plan is to use Progressive and maybe some side stories to keep SAO animation going until they have enough material to adapt from.
I can honestly see Progressive being 12-24 episodes depending on how much of the 6 novels they want to do. I would also imagine they could do a shorter 1 cour adaptation of Moon Cradle to pad out extra time for Unital Ring. Even Girls Ops or Gun Gale Alternative season 2 could be used to make time until Unital Ring has enough content for animation or is finished.

Any way you slice it I think we wont be lacking SAO content while we wait for the continuation from Alicization.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-09-21, 00:00   Link #215
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm looking forward in some ways to when SAO goes full Terminator. Will Kirito be the John Connor here or more the guy that has to be stopped because he helps lead events towards the machine uprising? Oh sure the adventure in Space Underworld will be fun and all. But far more interesting is the apocalypse brewing with AI Kirito looking for AI Kayaba. Can't wait to see how that works out .

No doubt there is plenty to keep an eye on going forward. SAO isn't going to be running out of possibilities any time soon. And always plenty of spinoff options to keep them entertained until they can keep the main story rolling.
Old 2020-09-21, 18:43   Link #216
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-27, 04:11   Link #217
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
The search result shows that ISP provider is Amazon Data Services Japan.

I was mislead by online anime speculation, until I watched the show. The misleading speculation said Quinella was the copy of Asuna. Since Quinella and Asuna have same hair style and dressing attire, I was misled to believe the summary. Well, Asuna eventually landed on the same political job as Quinella. One big letdown is that Asuna logged into the virtual world with World Creation Deity account, but her account privilege is very low. She got beaten easily. When she pulls out her earthquake move, she would lose her breath. Is the game controlling her neurons? Anyway, this virtual game is not good for users' health.

Besides entertainment, the author has written other political story. The ending was surprising, but the show makes the James Bond style confrontation convincing. The game of life system simulates human society. It even accelerates the simulation of technology development. If the system has a perfect physics engine, the simulated R&D can accelerated the real world's R&D. Is the writer of the show hinting the company to TXshiba, which designed cutting edge technology for semiconductor and submarine? Just a thought.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote