AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-11, 10:13   Link #501
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlkem View Post
seriously tho...

who is the curly-haired red-head with the evil smile at 0:48? is that the real ushiromiya battler-chan? it's definitely not gaap...
Ummm.... that is Gaap^^;
TsundereCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 12:29   Link #502
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
seriously tho...

who is the curly-haired red-head with the evil smile at 0:48? is that the real ushiromiya battler-chan? it's definitely not gaap...
It IS Gaap XD That's her yandere look. It only appears once though I think, during her fight with George.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 12:41   Link #503
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
-That tower with the crucifix on top in the beginning, can't quite place it in the game.

-Ange's 'death' seemed very plague-like, or even like she was burned. Either way, pretty gruesome.
1) Maybe it is a shot of the church/chapel on the island?

2) That scene was a flashback to the events of ep 4 (when Ange disappeared from behind Battler)

Quote:
seriously tho...

How the heck can you not see that it IS Gaap...

The more I listen to the new OP the more I fricking love it. EPICCCCCCC~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 13:42   Link #504
unconfirmed

Hey everyone, I've decided to challenge myself with trying to find a decent theory to explain the happenings in the 4 Episodes so far. Of course, not everything will be conveniently explained or will my theory even be able to explain everything. In fact, I really hope I completely miss the ballpark with this one since that would mean Ryukishi's doing a good job . In any case, I just wanted to get the (rusty) gears in my brain running and come up with something viable.

Spoiler for spoilers for Eps 1-4 everywhere:
unconfirmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 13:48   Link #505
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Man, even if it's a neat theory, I hope that's wrong, because the "main character is a magical creation" story has been done way too many times.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 14:19   Link #506
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Yeah that reminds me of a certain Final fantasy character

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 15:24   Link #507
Mercurius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
1) Maybe it is a shot of the church/chapel on the island?

2) That scene was a flashback to the events of ep 4 (when Ange disappeared from behind Battler)
Yup, forgot to consider the church. Don't remember seeing that particular angle of it in the game.

And yes, I realize it's what happened in Ep.4. I was just pointing out that it was showing the part of Ange's death that wasn't shown (only text+bloodspots) in the game, and whether or not that contained a hint on the murders.
Old 2009-07-11, 15:59   Link #508
tofupika

Send a message via AIM to tofupika
I know this is totally uncalled for, but when watching the episode 5 Op again, I thought of this.

Spoiler for Pic:
tofupika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 16:02   Link #509
Marion
The Great Dine

lawl |D

It always reminded me of a weird shaped cross personally.
Old 2009-07-11, 16:11   Link #510
Saerianne
*cackle*

LOL
I wonder why they changed the shape in the anime. They didn't change it that much, but it looks like a bird now.

Ooh, so it's Umineko no naku koro ni chiru?
Saerianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 16:13   Link #511
tofupika

Send a message via AIM to tofupika
I thought it looked sort of like a cross too at first, but after staring at it, it just looked like goat. O_O
tofupika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 17:45   Link #512
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

That is the cutest island edit I've ever seen .
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 19:27   Link #513
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Lyrics for the Episode 5 OP. I've only played through Episode 1 at this point, so I'm not sure if the lyrics are spoilerish or not.

Spoiler for Translation:

Spoiler for Romaji:

Spoiler for Japanese:

From http://atashi.wordpress.com/2009/07/...-size-version/

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 19:48   Link #514
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofupika View Post
I know this is totally uncalled for, but when watching the episode 5 Op again, I thought of this.

Spoiler for Pic:
That's one cute island. |D I never saw it that way until now.
kiki_natsumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 20:19   Link #515
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I'm having a bit of a hard time deciding whether I should indulge and read the spoilers as soon as they come out, or wait for the translation patch to come out and play it for myself.

This is the first answer arc, so if I spoil something... I fear that I'll REALLY spoil something huge. Which will take away from my enjoyment while playing...

On the other hand, I really really want to know what happens in the story, really badly. Even if I try to resist reading spoilers, I might become weak and unable to resist temptation.

But maybe if I just try hard not to do that to myself, and instead just focus on the anime... I'll be able to avoid them?

But I'll be so curious as to what awesome music will play in EP5, if they'll remix tracks... and it'll probably be very difficult to stay away from spoilers for me.

Ugh! I don't know what to do, this is going to be so hard. >.<

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 20:22   Link #516
Marion
The Great Dine

Personally I'll do my best to avoid spoilers until the patch comes out. I probably won't even buy the game right away though - wondering if I should just wait until after December, when the 2nd answer arc comes out and then just buy the two of them. The wait is a lot smaller after all and I'll be focusing a lot on my entrance exams for college.
Old 2009-07-11, 20:38   Link #517
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by unconfirmed View Post
Hey everyone, I've decided to challenge myself with trying to find a decent theory to explain the happenings in the 4 Episodes so far. Of course, not everything will be conveniently explained or will my theory even be able to explain everything. In fact, I really hope I completely miss the ballpark with this one since that would mean Ryukishi's doing a good job . In any case, I just wanted to get the (rusty) gears in my brain running and come up with something viable.

Spoiler for spoilers for Eps 1-4 everywhere:
There's just one problem with your theory. This certain red text from Eva: Absolutely no factors other than humans participate in this game board.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 20:40   Link #518
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Personally I'll do my best to avoid spoilers until the patch comes out. I probably won't even buy the game right away though - wondering if I should just wait until after December, when the 2nd answer arc comes out and then just buy the two of them. The wait is a lot smaller after all and I'll be focusing a lot on my entrance exams for college.
I'm having the same dilemma ;_; That $18 shipping is harsh. But I guess if I buy something else with Umineko I won't feel as bad. I'm still not completely sure though...
TsundereCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 21:02   Link #519
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
There's just one problem with your theory. This certain red text from Eva: Absolutely no factors other than humans participate in this game board.
It's possible that it applies to EP3 only, though, given the wording.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 21:22   Link #520
unconfirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Lol, I certainly remember that statement, but taking into account the context and the fact that it is hugely contradictory I chose to simply ignore it. After all, what kind of a witch would Eva-Beatrice be if she says that "absolutely no factors other than HUMANS participated in the game board" while trying to prove that a witch (who is not human) was behind the murders.

Anyhow, to answer your question...I still don't see how the theory violates that statement in red, but I'll clarify. As stated in Proposal 1, my theory is anti-fantasy. Therefore, nothing influences this "game" other than humans. In fact, I'm suggesting that meta-Battler is not even taking part in the game at all. What I mean is that Beato and all the supernatural beings + meta-Battler are part of a child's imagination, they play no role in the murders.

Let's say there are an X amount of game boards each with different scenarios of the incident. However, common sense says that there is only Oct. 4 and one Oct. 5 of the year 1986, that means history records only ONE Rokkenjima Massacre. So, even if Beato uses an X amount of scenarios to convince Battler, it'll never affect the fact that X=1 in the real world. Therefore, we can conclude that no matter what Beato does, supernatural or not, it is completely separate and has absolutely no affect on the real world.

EDIT: and I do hope my theory's wrong...that would mean Ryukishi is doing his job properly
unconfirmed is offline   Reply With Quote