AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-06-26, 15:09   Link #2281
zerodragon

man what amazing chapter. Mein took her out with a attack i never saw coming. Tatsumi doing the badass hero save and even rose some points with Mein. it it sad that this has become my most looked forward manga every month but it takes so long.
never the less, chapters always have me on the edge of my seat.
Old 2013-07-01, 18:56   Link #2282
Gundamx

Tatsumi defeated M girl by using his full power... of LUCK!
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 19:10   Link #2283
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

HA! I laugh at the author's attempts at making Seryuu sympathetic and make us feel sorry for her in the end! Laugh I say!

Glad the bitch is dead...now Jaeger no longer has any character I absolutely want dead at all costs...yes, even Kurome and the feathers guy.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 19:11   Link #2284
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Tatsumi defeated M girl by using his full power... of LUCK!
What how does that make any sense. he used basic intelligence to beat her there's was nothing lucky about it. His suit protects him from the vast majority of types of damage (as the manga made abundantly clear. He lured her into a unstable ruins destroyed said ruins and since he knew his suit would protect him and that she had no such protection she would be crushed and he would not it was an easy win.

It would be luck if that plan somehow failed outside of her figuring out precisely what he was planning on doing.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 19:18   Link #2285
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
What how does that make any sense. he used basic intelligence to beat her there's was nothing lucky about it. His suit protects him from the vast majority of types of damage (as the manga made abundantly clear. He lured her into a unstable ruins destroyed said ruins and since he knew his suit would protect him and that she had no such protection she would be crushed and he would not it was an easy win.

It would be luck if that plan somehow failed outside of her figuring out precisely what he was planning on doing.
Agreed, Tatsumi's plan was actually quite smart as he took full advantage of his armor's abilities.

That being said......we didn't see a dead body SO I doubt she's dead yet.
Old 2013-07-01, 20:46   Link #2286
Diveman

so another Jaeger dead, does that mean one of our lovely team will die again?

pls don't kill Leone
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 20:57   Link #2287
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Is it weird that I smiled like the Grinch when Seryuu was defeated?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 21:13   Link #2288
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

This has an incredible ability of making people actually believe that main characters can actually die. It has an incredible ability of making people loathe and wish death upon characters. It has an incredible ability of making people actually worry about characters, even some of the "bad" ones.

This manga has an incredible ability of making people fear turning to the next page.
Old 2013-07-01, 21:58   Link #2289
Seitsuki
Onee!

Lol at all the hate that Seryuu gets. She's been shown be be just a friendly, cheerful, lovable girl to everyone except NR, and sure she's an unstable psycho when facing them but nothing she's done to NR hasn't been done by NR back. She's not some sadistic torturer ffs.

That being said Esdese best girl.
Old 2013-07-01, 23:21   Link #2290
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Lol at all the hate that Seryuu gets. She's been shown be be just a friendly, cheerful, lovable girl to everyone except NR, and sure she's an unstable psycho when facing them but nothing she's done to NR hasn't been done by NR back. She's not some sadistic torturer ffs.

That being said Esdese best girl.
Ok, what manga have you been reading and where can I buy it? Seryuu is completely psychotic towards everything that she considers evil. She hacked to death a girl who had been forced to work for thieves because "all evil must be destroyed."

And as for the NR=Jaegers thing, no. Just no.
A mentor was killed on both sides: One was a soldier who had been abandoned by the military and the other was a serial rapist.
An older supportive character was killed: One was a psychotic scientist who experimented on children and the other was a girl who knew she was broken and got the good guys to aim her at the bad ones.
A funny and kind character was killed: One burned whole towns to death and the other was a maid who had been raped.
Do I need to tell you who was on which side?

Also NR never ate the dead bodies of the Jaegers.
Old 2013-07-02, 01:12   Link #2291
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
HA! I laugh at the author's attempts at making Seryuu sympathetic and make us feel sorry for her in the end! Laugh I say!

Glad the bitch is dead...now Jaeger no longer has any character I absolutely want dead at all costs...yes, even Kurome and the feathers guy.
Actulay I found her symphatetic from very begenning. Poor broken girl who went crazy from experiments so she can to avange person who was like her father...
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 01:43   Link #2292
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Pretty sure she was crazy before then.
Old 2013-07-02, 02:17   Link #2293
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
One burned whole towns to death
Stop right there, Bors was a nice guy that did what he did out of duty. Furthermore, he had a family.
And he's not a funny character either.
Old 2013-07-02, 02:35   Link #2294
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Stop right there, Bors was a nice guy that did what he did out of duty. Furthermore, he had a family.
I fail to see how that justifies his actions, or are you saying that it's all right to commit atrocities so long as it's out of duty. Regarding Night Raid and Jaeger, it's like one group is chaotic good and the other is lawful evil. One group realises that the laws of the empire no longer fulfil their original purpose and the other group serves those who want to mantain the status quo
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 02:35   Link #2295
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Well, the Nazi can say the same about doing out of duty when they committed genocide on civilians.

Although I don't think Bors is a bad person either, he's relatively normal and nice compared to the rest in his team minus Wave and the feather guy.

But seriously, I'm fucking tired of your stupid grey and grey morality, supporting the villains, always skeptical of the good guys etc.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 02:38   Link #2296
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's a story about assassins vs executioners, obviously nobody can be described as good. What really surprised me in this chapter was the fact that Seryuu could still talk and trigger bombs after being sliced in half. How many seconds of thought processing do you even have left after that!?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 02:43   Link #2297
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Pretty sure she was crazy before then.
Nope. There is no implication of that, while opposite is true.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 02:47   Link #2298
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
It's a story about assassins vs executioners, obviously nobody can be described as good. What really surprised me in this chapter was the fact that Seryuu could still talk and trigger bombs after being sliced in half. How many seconds of thought processing do you even have left after that!?
No offense, but I think that you're wrong, Just because, to me what makes Night Raid good is the fact that they are willing to do something about the injustices happening all around them. I'm curious just what do you expect a good person to do living in a place like that.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 03:23   Link #2299
Seitsuki
Onee!

Right, by brutally murdering everyone. Granted nothing will change the 'peaceful' way, but that's such a heroic method of doing things right?

And it's a fact that neither side is 'good'. The characters have admitted it themselves. There's only a lighter shade of grey. Trying to paint NR as knights in shining armour is doing a disservice to their character.
Old 2013-07-02, 03:41   Link #2300
Mentar
Banned

I can only hope that the endless stupid butchery has an end soon. The story has lost a lot of focus and appeal to me over the past year, and merely adding more and more throwaway characters to the blood grinder doesn't make things any better.

Except for Esdese's pondering about wasted potential I see nothing to like.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!