AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-11, 06:40   Link #361
Dop
Mmmm....

They've got the U.S. rights, so I wonder if they'll limit downloads to people in the U.S.
As I'm in the U.K. and was following Death Note, that would be really irritating!

I wonder if they'll do a similar deal for European rights through Viz Europe?
Old 2007-01-11, 06:41   Link #362
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Maybe, but given the current DTO license, a Viz DVD license would be close to an inevitability. Either way, they do have the current distro rights in NA, just not on a traditional-for-anime media.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post
Hmm, even though it is licensed but I find it quite weird to post this thread here under the licensed category. I tink that it will be better juz to put it back within the DN category by itself. If not, it is actually quite confusing and oso troublesome for pple who actually want to discuss both the episode and oso the tv series on the whole, together with other dn related links.

Juz a suggestion though
Seconded. Other generic title discussion threads for series with their own forums stay in their respective forums even after they get licensed, I don't see why DN should be any different. Unless there's been a policy change. Either way, I don't see the point of a move. It's far more convenient for us posters if all DN related threads are in the same place.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
They've got the U.S. rights, so I wonder if they'll limit downloads to people in the U.S.
My hope is they won't, my suspicion is they will. Being Australian, I'm in a similar boat. And I know no Australian licensing company would be willing to try anything as risk-laden as this, given its market in this country. So, unless Viz offer downloads to customers outside the U.S. (which I'm pessimistic about) or the price is unreasonable, I know I'll be waiting for the DVDs to see this series. Either that or resorting to less ethical methods. Doesn't matter, I intend to buy the localized DVDs for this series no matter what happens.
Old 2007-01-11, 09:00   Link #363
alkoholio

This probably resembles the end of my little world, after I got up this morning(2pm),I wanted to check if there is some news about ep 13, but after a few moments looking on the animesuki site I was simulataniously confused and horrified, the death note series site seemed to be removed. Calm down i thought, first check if you are not still asleep banging my head on the keyboard till some buttons kept sticking to my forehead, but this rather reasonable course of action didn`t help, still no death note on the screen.

My second thought and probably the correct one I´m elaborating right now is, this must be the doing of the N.H.K. or some kind of branch organization. This is a big conspiracy trying to ruin my unemployed and completely happy life.

Well, these are just some of my thoughts after hearing the devastating news of death note being licensed, still wish you all a nice day especially the ones suffering with me .
Old 2007-01-11, 09:22   Link #364
Kisuke06
I see...

Damn, just because I downloading it from TW they decided to drop it... bad luck. >.<

Nah, but I think of the groups [hopefully] aren't going to drop it. =)
Old 2007-01-11, 09:37   Link #365
Lambda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Maybe, but given the current DTO license, a Viz DVD license would be close to an inevitability.
Although a license for the anime I think was always an inevitability. This sort of situation is the kind of singularity which pops up when you try to apply inherently self-contradictory notions like that of an ethical time to stop sharing, once situations have deviated far enough from the conditions under which the notion was conceived.

Quote:
Either way, they do have the current distro rights in NA, just not on a traditional-for-anime media.
And in a form which experience very strongly suggests will mean that it remains completely unavailable to those unwilling to compromise key freedoms. (Freedoms which many people will indeed willingly sacrifice, but that's mostly because they don't understand their importance, since computing is a very young field, and it takes time for cultures to discover the importance of freedom.
Old 2007-01-11, 09:46   Link #366
atilim
Knightmare

I really hope that some groups will still fansubs this, I live in Holland and VIZ media don't ship anything to here, they only work in America and Canada so.

Of course I could try the internet and pay at least 7 dollars extra and hope to get the right dvd, and wait something like 9 to 36 business days, and hope that the dvd will work properly because chances are that you wound have any warranty and even if you do you will have to wait a long time to get a proper copy.
Old 2007-01-11, 10:53   Link #367
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

You may continue license discussions in the separate thread on the topic:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=41454
Old 2007-01-11, 11:00   Link #368
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Haha. Yeah! Thanks GHDpro and Sorrow-K
Old 2007-01-12, 04:15   Link #369
Karnot
Banned

Hm, as i predicted, TW was the first one to drop it. Was to be expected. I mean, did they ever actually finish a single project ? No, not even a manga ones they had.
Old 2007-01-12, 07:40   Link #370
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Every group who has respected licenses in the past is likely to drop it, I'm sure Live-evil (who was my choice for DN subs) will too.

HOWEVER, this kind of discussion can only lead to discussing groups who have not yet dropped it, so please REFRAIN from commenting on Death Note fansub groups, even if they're not continuing it or whatever.
Old 2007-01-24, 03:18   Link #371
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
hoho, not bad at all. The movie was a big hit in japan after all, and Ni-tele has a strong record of late night anime. I hear they aim for a more mainstream audience (more mainstream then normal shinya anime viewers anyways)
I've been continuing the series raw as it's fun to practice my japanese interpretation with, anyone seen up to 14 yet? It had surprisingly nice drawings in it.
Old 2007-02-27, 12:05   Link #372
eggplant
Eggplant

I'm going to have to request monir to move this post to the Episode 20 thread, once it's ready.

Spoiler for Episode 20:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2007-02-27, 12:49   Link #373
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

OMG.... The new OP is on ACID!!!!!!!

It was downright awesome
The images were totally wicked too.
Old 2007-02-27, 14:31   Link #374
Archer

Death Note Second Opening:

What's Up, People?! - Maximum The Hormone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj40QXrJzCg

Death Note Second Ending:

Zetsubou Billy - Maximum The Hormone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkvvOlyrD7M
Old 2007-04-04, 17:45   Link #375
alexa999

Never mind. Made a decision myself.

Last edited by alexa999; 2007-04-05 at 16:28.
Old 2007-04-10, 22:33   Link #376
sextremme

I'm new to this series so sorry for asking stupid question but does anyone know how many episode this series have? is it going to end soon? People who read the manga should know right? in response "thanks"
Old 2007-04-10, 22:47   Link #377
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sextremme View Post
I'm new to this series so sorry for asking stupid question but does anyone know how many episode this series have? is it going to end soon? People who read the manga should know right? in response "thanks"
It's scheduled for 37 episodes. So it has 11 more to go, to cover... a lot of material. They're going to have to skip a lot of manga stuff, or they won't reach the end. Though really, 1-25 is a story in itself. After 25 (and that same point in the manga) most people think the story really goes downhill.

Not having read the manga, I'm going to follow the series to the end regardless.
Old 2007-04-22, 01:49   Link #378
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Well, I just started watching this series (yea, ultimate late pass for me) and I really like what I see.

I can definitely see where the comparisons between Light and Lelouch (Code Geass) come from now.

I already kinda know what is going to happen but I'll still watch.
Old 2007-04-25, 01:58   Link #379
Setsuchan

I couldn't find a thread to post it so i'll post it here:

http://204.157.1.121/~n/news.bbc.co....483897.stm.htm

KIRA IS AMONG US XD!
Old 2007-04-25, 10:29   Link #380
HOK

nice mock up... developers must be phishers. hahah
Closed Thread