AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-13, 05:18   Link #81
Setsuchan

I love Mikami too! I was wondering when we would be seeing him.

But what about Matt >__< I still want to see him too. I hope they don't cut him out of the anime..or something like that ._.
Old 2007-05-15, 23:45   Link #82
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Urgh, yeah, apparently Matt's first appearance was supposed to be in the material covered by episode 31... and he's not there. Bad Madhouse. I hope they don't slice him out entirely, even if they have to reduce his role to a few key cameo appearances.
Old 2007-05-17, 10:51   Link #83
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Judging by the preview for episode 32, it looks like we won't be getting Mikami's backstory chapter. Sure there's a chance it might be added at a later date, though it's perfect to see after the end events of episode 31.
Old 2007-05-19, 00:29   Link #84
-Breakthrough-

Speaking of which~
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-19, 00:33   Link #85
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Why are minor characters in any show popular? *shrugs* Personally I find him entertaining because of how much he contrasts with Near & Mello--and, for the same reason, it fascinates me to speculate on how different the series would have been if he ended up leading one of the major investigations instead of Near or Mello. After all, he was #3. His laid-back persona contrasts wonderfully with the rest of the Wammy's House crew, not to mention almost everyone else in the story. He's more like, say, Ryuk than any of the human characters.
Old 2007-05-19, 07:14   Link #86
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Hey guys, in the New Thread Suggestions I'm proposing a thread for the transfer of ownership of the various DNs. (See link below. )

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...8&postcount=59

Pellissier would agree to a new thread only if there is some interest in it being discussed, otherwise it would end up with the Q&A thread or in this thread, which I'm also fine with. As this place seems to be the best place to gauge interest since everyone knows the plot inside out, I'm posting this here. So what do you guys think? Please post your thoughts in that thread (be careful not to spoil anything, of course).
Old 2007-05-19, 14:00   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Being in the Q&A thread. Though watching the show carefully can answer the questions.

Daisuke CP9: Matt was already in the story at this point. Maybe he's not going to appear, or much later.

But yeah, i don't really see anything in him. He's no Mikami. <3
Old 2007-05-24, 21:15   Link #88
T E L L
Welcome all who's worthy.

and as a treat...?
and for all the girls out there.....
Old 2007-06-08, 02:02   Link #89
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Watching the anime near its end is starting to remind me why I hate misa.
Old 2007-07-05, 22:32   Link #90
Harvest

Death note ending
Explanation by Harvest Lee

Ok for everyone that thinks Light died, you’re all wrong. Do you really think he would not have a back up plan? Think of the bigger picture Light set up Near to make it so that he’s name not being in the death note would mean he dies. Light also remembers back to the very beginning when Ryuuk says he’ll be the one to write he’s name down and kill him. So guess what happen? Ryuuk wroth down light’s name and saved he’s life which means…….
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Harvest; 2007-07-05 at 22:33. Reason: spoilers
Old 2007-07-06, 06:16   Link #91
Jaden

That doesn't make any sense Harvest.

And even if there was a scenario where Light stole Ryuk's lifespan and survived the bullet wounds, he would still be more screwed than ever. Everyone knows he's Kira and he doesn't possess a death note. He'd have to rot in prison for Ryuk's whole lifespan.
Old 2007-07-06, 18:26   Link #92
Harvest

the reason why Ryuuke accidently would have saved Light's life would be because of the paradox of the situration. Near was going to trick Light's henchmen into writing down everyone's names excpet Light's which make him guilty and sentenced to death for all the murders, but Ryuuk said he didn't want to WAIT which confirms that Light will die from that sole piece of evidence that points directly at him.

a piece of the death note isn't that hard to hide Light probably has some used as toilet paper, he'll just write down everyone's names then walk back after they die and just take the real deathnote from that silly near
Old 2007-07-06, 18:58   Link #93
Harvest

It make sense if you think about it. Light did experiment this similar tactic on Rem and she died and gave all of her life to misa, Each shinigami has a personality/ intellential weakness to make up for their phsyical immunity. With Ryuuke I would say it was he's overconfidence as a spectator, he just wanted to have fun without thinking too much about how it would affect him as an immortal, Light picked up on that and used it against him in the end.

As i have said Near, Mhenllo and L were not Light's true enemy, Ryuuk was. Ryuuk did say he would be the one to write light's name in the death note at the very start so that would have given light 6 years to prepare to make good on his reply that he told Ryuuk " Ryuuk you're about to witness the exception".
Old 2007-07-09, 14:47   Link #94
Jaden

*sigh*

So you say Light found a way to exploit the moment Ryuk writes Yagami Light on his own death note? Impossible. Regardless of the circumstances, once you write a human's name on the death note while thinking about the face, that human will die, in fourty seconds. Ryuk wrote down Light's name and that was the end for him. It's a good ending no matter how much you overanalyze, it can't be seen as Light's victory.
Old 2007-07-10, 17:59   Link #95
Harvest

I'm not saying Light thought up that exploit at the moment i'm saying he had PLANNED IT ALL ALONG. Light experimented this with Misha on Rem when he used her to kill L. It actually makes sense for someone like Light who uses every aspect of the deathnote and related entities to Kill a shinigami at the right moment.
Old 2007-07-10, 18:41   Link #96
Windspirit

First of all, I don't understand a single thing in your theory, Harvest. I have the feeling that it doesn't make sense at all, that you're just babbling stuff like a Light's fanboy would.

You're making an analogy with Rem's case. Now I think I guess what you mean : you mean that as he manipulated Rem to kill L, Light manipulated Ryuk to save his life. What you obviously don't remember is that Rem had feelings for Misa and she killed someone to save her life. This is how a Shinigami dies : it's all about love and feelings.

Ryuk HATES Light, heck, I'd even say the Ryuk was Light's worst enemy : he even says "We killed time well, together, huh ? Now die, you don't distract me anymore."

No matter how you look at it, Ryuk has no feelings at all towards Light, except maybe hate. This means that Ryuk purely and simply killed Light by writting his name on his Death Note. Period.
Old 2007-07-11, 07:46   Link #97
Echoes

I wouldn't go as far as to say Ryuuku was Light's worst enemy, or even his enemy. He was quite content with letting Light go about his business as usual, had Light not been defeated at the end, I strongly believe Ryuuku would have let him live out his natural life.

He might not *like* Light, but Ryuuku doesn't really like anyone, so that's to be expected

However, the theory about Light tricking Ryuuku and somehow acquiring his lifespan is utterly false.
Old 2007-07-13, 13:06   Link #98
Anime Overload

Ryuk is a very complicated character seeing as his emotions/thoughts are hard to interpret. The reminiscing at the end about time spent together may be regretful, sad or maybe joking. -Shrug- Who knows.
Old 2007-07-29, 17:16   Link #99
akira300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvest View Post
Ryuuk wroth down light’s name and saved he’s life which means…….
Spoiler:
can you explain to me why all of the life that ryuk sucked up from all the names in the death note goes to Light ?

and i love ur theory (Light-fan)

also i too have a comment in episode 26 reincarnation, there is a countdown for L's PC(that will contact the orphanage informing them about L's Death) , if ur theory is right.. then this may add up.. wouldn't it be strange for light not to check the things L left behind, maybe he saw or knew about the countdown timer and the plan for ryuks dead started there knowing there will be a successor for L. and i think too that Near is inferior to L.

If it wasnt for Mikami's mistake using the deathnote when light told him not too (killing takanada) near wouldnt found out it was a fake that he sabotaged.

But this goes against the big picture.. if it this was all Lights planning(to kill ruyk) he would have predicted that Mikami would kill takanada. why using the death note then himself for killing her. <-- to make sure that she burns evrything with her and that she will not die of a hard attack or this proves your theory wrong.
Old 2007-07-29, 18:32   Link #100
Echoes

That hypothesis is utterly wrong, and goes against some of the most simple rules in the Death Note world. Sorry for being blunt, but this was debunked some time ago.