AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 9 23.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 12.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 25.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 12.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-15, 09:11   Link #81
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Charlotte was the only one who used that line.
Until she indirectly passed the torch to Tatenashi this time.

And that's what makes both Charu and Tate comparably popular.
Old 2013-10-15, 14:20   Link #82
Preciize
Them Feels~

Tatenashi is awesome Poor Houki though! Made the food for Ichika only to see him messing around xD

Anyways, wonder what the dream about Houki was all about.
Old 2013-10-15, 14:41   Link #83
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
Tatenashi is awesome Poor Houki though! Made the food for Ichika only to see him messing around xD

Anyways, wonder what the dream about Houki was all about.
DEATH FLAG!!!

I wish =w=
Old 2013-10-15, 17:12   Link #84
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Well, they said they own him... It doesn't really matter if they're named or not... the fact that we know who they're are is enough.. and besides.. he has the entire school wanting him... that's enough for me...
If unnamed characters matter then Ichika still wouldn't be king. I believe it would be Junta Momonari of DNAČ.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2013-10-16, 04:30   Link #85
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
It does matter if they're named or not. Being an unnamed background character means you're not important. Clearly all of the unnamed girls of the school aren't important nor considered actual harem members.
Unnamed characters are important as well. Imagine IS without them.... Imagine a school festival episode with only he and the girls. Imagine the unnamed characters working the the mall with Charlotte was looking for a swimsuit with Ichika back in season 1..... All characters, whether named or unnamed, or just side characters or even extras are important... The episodes will be sooooooooooooooooo empty......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
If unnamed characters matter then Ichika still wouldn't be king. I believe it would be Junta Momonari of DNAČ.
He is the only male.... therefore the only king....
Old 2013-10-16, 05:36   Link #86
MartianMage

Quote:
Unnamed characters are important as well. Imagine IS without them.... Imagine a school festival episode with only he and the girls. Imagine the unnamed characters working the the mall with Charlotte was looking for a swimsuit with Ichika back in season 1..... All characters, whether named or unnamed, or just side characters or even extras are important... The episodes will be sooooooooooooooooo empty......

He is the only male.... therefore the only king....
But we're talking about the size of the harem. Negi isn't the only male in Negima. Rito isn't the only male in To-Love-Ru. Junta is the root cause of overpopulation in DNAČ. Sure it's unfair because that's the nature of his powers but still.

And besides... Ichika is the only male student in this school. Not like there aren't any other male in IS if you're going for that argument.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2013-10-16, 14:00   Link #87
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Of course unnamed characters matter [i]only in the sense that Ichika and the girls aren't the only people left in the world[/url]. They have to show unnamed characters are there because there are other people in the world; this isn't some strange planet where everybody suddenly disappeared.

Beyond that, the unnamed people don't matter at all, much less to the story or harem. On the other hand, as I said, pretty much Negi's entire class was named and got some spotlight at one point or another. Can we say anything remotely like that for the population of the IS campus?
Old 2013-10-17, 15:28   Link #88
SaigonSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 2:
She's my second now too.

Overall I thought the episode was really good way to kick off their return to IS academy. I look forward to seeing more character development this season.
Old 2013-10-17, 20:29   Link #89
Anime Online

The no-named girls in the anime is simply there to constantly remind us just how popular Ichika is. He's like a magnet that draws metal to him just by simple existence.

Sure, the antics of a harem anime are always silly. Perhaps by showing Ichika's inexplicable popularity (he's just that popular and attractive for no reason), the anime secretly makes fun of itself.
Old 2013-10-18, 15:58   Link #90
Mazryonh

All this talk about Tatenashi's antics makes me wonder if Chiwa Saitou explicitly forbade her new husband from seeing this episode. I can imagine the man who married Hitagi and Homura's voice seeing this episode and saying to her; "Wow, can I have that kind of treatment sometime?"

On a side note, "Dinner, a bath, or me" seems to be a common joke--there was one seiyuu radio segment I remember where Yuka Iguchi had to guess another seiyuu's voice, and they played Mamiko Noto saying "Would you like a bath? Or dinner? Or how about me?" in Japanese.
Old 2013-10-20, 10:40   Link #91
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Alright, so the student council president gets introduced at the second episode, and Ichika has to cope with more fanservice galore that did not ask for.

While it's true that Ichika's obliviousness bugs me, still I feel sympathetic for him to putting up with all that abuse outside of the training sessions. He, definitely, needs to improve his tactics, his usage of shield, and learning the sharp-shooting features of his recently added IS components. Hence, I understand the strictness and abuse employed by Tatenashi during the training session.

However, the free time depicting Ichika finding himself in a compromising situation be it fanservice or not really gets me on the nerves when he ends up mercilessly victimized.

Jeez, when they're going to skip all this stuff and get something serious running on the show?
Old 2013-10-25, 08:48   Link #92
Qikz

I'm in love with Tatenashi after her first episode. That's one of the quickest for me I think.
Closed Thread