AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-02-23, 10:09   Link #18961
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

I see... ... ...

Well, it seems that Arisa with her bright blond hair had no trouble with that.
Old 2009-02-23, 10:14   Link #18962
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Neither did Fate with her even brighter blonde hair.

But heck, let's forget about them, what about Suzuka with her shining purple hair?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 10:53   Link #18963
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

See? I knew something wasn't right. XD
Old 2009-02-23, 12:29   Link #18964
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Don't you love anime hair? People can walk around with purple, tomato red, or sky blue, and nobody gives a second look.

IRL, people wouldn't stop staring.
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 12:31   Link #18965
Lute

There's only one explanation.

Spoiler for Explanation:
Lute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 13:08   Link #18966
Seraph42
Too much Caffine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Don't you love anime hair? People can walk around with purple, tomato red, or sky blue, and nobody gives a second look.
Watch THE TWELVE KINGDOMS
The main heroin has Red hair and people complain about it all teh time, even her parents. Turns out she was dyeing her hair but that was just to hide her even brighter red hair

Great Anime btw, If you havent seen it you should, too bad they stopped making it
the original Auther of the books that the anime is based on stopped writing for what ever reason.
Old 2009-02-23, 13:16   Link #18967
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post

IRL, people wouldn't stop staring.
Well, if we could GenEngineer hair color tones using the parrot as a key to understanding it, we could figure out how to get the natural yellow, blue, and green pigments and get hair color to have colors that don't look so fake like dyes do right now. (Looks like someone just spraypainted their hair really.)
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 13:25   Link #18968
Once and Current Subber

The hair color thing is an old anime trope.

You take a bunch of characters, drawn by the same character designer, all of them with "normal" haircuts, and the same color hair, and they get difficult to distinguish from each other. Think Tomo and Kagura from Azumanga - it's possible to mistake one for the other, depending on how the artist's drawn Tomo's hair in that scene.

You can give everyone crazy hairstyles to distinguish them, but that hurts your immersion in a "normal" series. (Nanoha actually has a lot of hairstyle diversity, if you ignore the "one side of everyone's do is exploding off their head" thing. Nanoha's pigtails, Fate's twintails, Vita's braid, Signum's rather elaborate hair, Hayate's ornaments, etc, etc...)

So the easiest way to differentiate characters at a glance is hair color. But "natural" hues, especially "natural for a Japanese person" hues, don't offer much diversity. So the convention of having people with otherwise-bizarre hair colors came about. In a "realistic" production of Nanoha, Suzuka wouldn't have purple hair, and there would be a lot more black hair and less brown hair all around. (Though Arisa would still be blond, presumably!)

The only downside of the hair hue thing is that, all too often, you can distinguish disguised (or worse, transformed... or related) people by the unique hair color. Escaflowne was an example of that...
Avatar_notADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 14:09   Link #18969
BPHaru

New NanoFate Doujinshi

Today we're releasing “Shoujo wa sore wo gaman dekinai”. This doujin belongs to the same storyline as “Hito Ni Yasashiku” and “Sekai wa Kagayaku”. Both of them were made by the same author, are already scanlated, and are available in for download in our site.

In this story we’ll see the “logical” progression of their relationship to a next step. Or at least what should be logical at their age according to Hayate. This girl is definitely a bad (or very, very good) influence.

Preview:

- -

We're also releasing the preview of "Das Resultat sagt alles", one of the most Epic Japanese NanoFate novels. You can't miss this.

Download links here.
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 14:31   Link #18970
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
We're also releasing the preview of "Das Resultat sagt alles", one of the most Epic Japanese NanoFate novels. You can't miss this.

Download links here.
\(*'∇'*)/ Glad to see that the project is going on! And thnak you so much for the release of your new doujin! (I will save it for later ('¬'*)).

And Haru you will be happy to know that the panel I post the other day was a preview of a NxF doujin which seems to progress smoothly:

Spoiler for NSFW preview:

---

Old 2009-02-23, 16:57   Link #18971
Master Kosa
Wanderer

Quote:
Today we're releasing “Shoujo wa sore wo gaman dekinai”. This doujin belongs to the same storyline as “Hito Ni Yasashiku” and “Sekai wa Kagayaku”. Both of them were made by the same author, are already scanlated, and are available in for download in our site.

In this story we’ll see the “logical” progression of their relationship to a next step. Or at least what should be logical at their age according to Hayate. This girl is definitely a bad (or very, very good) influence.

Preview:

- -

Download links here.
Thanks.

Also I'm happy to see that Das Resultant are translating. To tell the truth I lost my hope to see this in for me understandable language. THX
Once some one asked me where I came from. I just pointed behind myself. When the same person asked where I was heading, I just pointed towards the horizon I was looking at. "It's simple, I neither belong here nor there. I am just walking..."
Current fandoms: RWBY - White Rose, Frozen - Elsanna and all previous.
Master Kosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 19:41   Link #18972
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

.... Haruhi, oh geeubs wiggly....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljashy View Post
It seems this way she'll at least pass hair inspection.
I was wondering what that meant. Those magical schools can't possibly have hair inspections.... And lole at Alisa and Suzuka's entire household.
Quote:
-snip-
Thanks for the translated doujin. At least I kind of have an idea of what happened to dokupan now.... -sigh-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
! THAT ARTIST! Probably my favourite Nanoha artist ever because I love that kind of sketchy yet looks completed look andand the colouring and the character designs and their breasts aren't zomgwtf huge andandandand

キタ━━━━(Д゚(○=(゚∀゚)=○)Д゚)━━━━━!!

-cries-

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 20:04   Link #18973
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
The hair color thing is an old anime trope.

You take a bunch of characters, drawn by the same character designer, all of them with "normal" haircuts, and the same color hair, and they get difficult to distinguish from each other. Think Tomo and Kagura from Azumanga - it's possible to mistake one for the other, depending on how the artist's drawn Tomo's hair in that scene.

You can give everyone crazy hairstyles to distinguish them, but that hurts your immersion in a "normal" series. (Nanoha actually has a lot of hairstyle diversity, if you ignore the "one side of everyone's do is exploding off their head" thing. Nanoha's pigtails, Fate's twintails, Vita's braid, Signum's rather elaborate hair, Hayate's ornaments, etc, etc...)

So the easiest way to differentiate characters at a glance is hair color. But "natural" hues, especially "natural for a Japanese person" hues, don't offer much diversity. So the convention of having people with otherwise-bizarre hair colors came about. In a "realistic" production of Nanoha, Suzuka wouldn't have purple hair, and there would be a lot more black hair and less brown hair all around. (Though Arisa would still be blond, presumably!)

The only downside of the hair hue thing is that, all too often, you can distinguish disguised (or worse, transformed... or related) people by the unique hair color. Escaflowne was an example of that...
Offhand I recall in Kannazuki no Miko that although in the anime Chikane has blue hair she's always described as having black hair in the manga. I assumed in this case they gave her blue so her hair would be a unique color and maybe because black is such a boring color

So possibly Suzaku's purple hair may be... Well a more natural color just made purple to make it stick out or something?

I'm just rambling now don't mind me
Old 2009-02-23, 20:29   Link #18974
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
And Haru you will be happy to know that the panel I post the other day was a preview of a NxF doujin which seems to progress smoothly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
! THAT ARTIST! Probably my favourite Nanoha artist ever because I love that kind of sketchy yet looks completed look andand the colouring and the character designs and their breasts aren't zomgwtf huge andandandand

キタ━━━━(Д゚(○=(゚∀゚)=○)Д゚)━━━━━!!

-cries-
That's great! Thanks for the info Nina.
I love that artist's style too, I completely agree with LVD ^^ (BTW, that was a 5 over 5 reaction xD)

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 01:24   Link #18975
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Soljashy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Well, it seems that Arisa with her bright blond hair had no trouble with that.
It might be worth pointing out at this point that Alisa is a known foreigner (but then again, it might not). You know, the classic English speaking blondie ("Be quiet!"). Though I think she came out a lot more interesting than the usual stereotype (as I'm crazy about her and I usually hate this stereotype).

Yes, I love using brackets (a lot).
This user has been diagnosed with a very rare and dangerous mutation of type Al of the pandemic Kugimiya disease (Retroviridae Kooguencephalitisvirus Kugimijavirus). The source of his infection has been identified as a Kamyu bite. Please be sensitive to him.

Last edited by Soljashy; 2009-02-24 at 01:43.
Soljashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-24, 01:39   Link #18976
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljashy View Post
It might be worth pointing out at this point that Alisa is a known foreigner (but then again, it might not). You know, the classic English speaking blondie ("Be quiet!"). Though I think she came out a lot less more interesting than the usual stereotype (as I'm crazy about her and I usually hate this stereotype).

Yes, I love using brackets (a lot).
Arisa is indeed a known foreigner. A rich one. I think she's adopted into the family but she's not japanese. Since her name is Arisa Bannings not Bannings Arisa.
Old 2009-02-24, 01:42   Link #18977
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

Non-Japanese names are never written that way, though. Ishikawa Tarou may become Tarou Ishikawa, but John Smith will never become Smith John. At least, I have never ever seen that.
This user has been diagnosed with a very rare and dangerous mutation of type Al of the pandemic Kugimiya disease (Retroviridae Kooguencephalitisvirus Kugimijavirus). The source of his infection has been identified as a Kamyu bite. Please be sensitive to him.
Old 2009-02-24, 02:59   Link #18978
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Wait a minute. Arisa was adopted?! oO
Old 2009-02-24, 03:14   Link #18979
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Wait a minute. Arisa was adopted?! oO
Immposible to know

Either season 1 or A's, they don't even show any familiar of Arisa (I think)
Old 2009-02-24, 03:46   Link #18980
Soljashy
The Salary Man
*Author

I kind of assumed she moved to Japan with her parents, but then again, there's no way for us to know. Now that I think about it, how often do foreigners become influential CEOs in Japan?

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw