AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-23, 18:43   Link #741
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

wow 900 mins to download wish they had servers like steam..
One question though and its pretty damn important to me, if my internet cuts out halfway through the download will it start from the same place it was at? or start from scatch again?
Old 2013-08-23, 19:05   Link #742
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It resumes (thank the gods)
Old 2013-08-23, 19:17   Link #743
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

nope didnt resume...cut out at 198mb downloaded and when my net came back it started from scratch.....maybe it has to download a whole file first, i have no idea how big the first one is though, the h2013.08.09.0001.000a one
Old 2013-08-23, 19:50   Link #744
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm guessing you guys are talking about the 1GB update. It may depend on when you update too, since this is the night before launch, it's probably going to get slowed a bit. I got it early in the afternoon and it was about as fast as Steam for me then. Also probably depends on your location.
Old 2013-08-23, 19:50   Link #745
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Probably right. My first cut out was around 4.5GB. It resume from that. I am out and about or I would check file sizes.
Old 2013-08-23, 19:57   Link #746
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i missed out on the final beta since i had a normal beta code and not a preorder code at the time, so im downloading the whole thing atm.
My download is at 700mb and still on the same file.....wonder how big the mongrel is lol
Old 2013-08-24, 04:14   Link #747
Iron Maw
Banned

My launcher just turned black...

The servers are REALLY getting hammered aren't they?

EDIT: W00t! I'M IN!
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 19:42   Link #748
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Which server are you guys gonna play at?
Old 2013-08-24, 21:13   Link #749
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just logged in ... currently I'm stuck on the NA legacy server Sargatanas. I'm hoping to transfer or start characters over on Balmung. We'll see how it goes. Not going to break my neck leveling a character just yet - still dinkering with different classes and races.
Old 2013-08-24, 22:15   Link #750
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

So, this game has my interest. I missed out on the betas, but I see there's an early access preorder going on, with a launch next week. Is it worth going for the preorder? I hear they're having problems with the servers overloading. Also, I'm coming from WoW....how much is this game like it? What's different, better, worse?

Also, I don't quite understand the payment structure. I get that it's subscription based, but there's like five different price levels and it's a little confusing how many months you get for each single payment.
Old 2013-08-24, 23:16   Link #751
Alchemist007
*Author

Square-E is in the process of getting more servers, how long that will take...

There have been other problems with main quests getting system errors, it seems like no one is able to get past certain points of their class, depending on the class/quest. For me, it's an archer quest "Violators will be shot." There's another main quest about protecting a tree from lizard people.
Old 2013-08-25, 01:22   Link #752
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

im stuck on my first instance battle, something about pulling out a sword? im a archer on midsomer, hopefully they fix this bug during maintenance soon

When can i pick a job and crafts?
Old 2013-08-25, 04:02   Link #753
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
you get your job when your first class is lvl 30 and secondary class is lvl 15. i've read on the forum and ingame they might have changed the class requirements for some jobs. no one will know until aug 27th because yoshida said the job quest is locked for early access. (source is somewhere on the official FF XIV forum i read yesterday).
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 04:08   Link #754
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

so wat? i cant do crafting until the 27th? that blows
Old 2013-08-25, 04:10   Link #755
iceyfw

Quote:
so wat? i cant do crafting until the 27th? that blows
you can do crafting as you wish. how did you read from my post you couldn't lol.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 04:26   Link #756
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
Which server are you guys gonna play at?
Ultros for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
So, this game has my interest. I missed out on the betas, but I see there's an early access preorder going on, with a launch next week. Is it worth going for the preorder? I hear they're having problems with the servers overloading. Also, I'm coming from WoW....how much is this game like it? What's different, better, worse?

Also, I don't quite understand the payment structure. I get that it's subscription based, but there's like five different price levels and it's a little confusing how many months you get for each single payment.
I can't help you on the comparison to WoW and this since I haven't played the former. As for the pre-order stuff I'd be more inclined to say yes if SE's account system wasn't such a mess at the moment (inputting a code to get another one lol). If your prepared for some frustration go for it otherwise wait till the 27th when the new account station "Mogsation" is up and running.

Here is pretty nice comprehensive guide to the game and other stuff (warning image heavy):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...57&postcount=1
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...65&postcount=2
Old 2013-08-25, 04:36   Link #757
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
you can do crafting as you wish. how did you read from my post you couldn't lol.
cause you didnt mention them aswell so i thought you combined what i was asking into one answer
Old 2013-08-25, 08:07   Link #758
Westlo
Lets be reality

Dat character creation theme, so godlike, I don't want to login and just listen to it.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 09:32   Link #759
Iron Maw
Banned

Someone reddit uploaded scans of the artbook. Gameplay spoilers throughout of course. Might want check it out before SE finds it.

http://imgur.com/a/LDSL7

Spoilers
Spoiler for speaking of which
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

EDIT: Ugh. Looks like the duty server errors are back, and everything was so good this morning too...

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-08-25 at 10:00.
Old 2013-08-25, 10:37   Link #760
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Job becomes available at lv.30, you can join/switch to other classes, including gathering/crafting once you finish your initial class lv.10 quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post

Never played WoW, so can't help you there. The payment options I don't think is up in account management yet, but iirc:

Legacy member is $9.99 a month, and can use all character slots, and non-legacy (new) members is $12.99 a month for 1 character, and... i think $14.99 to use all character slots.

As for the server issues... yea, this is all I'm gonna say about it:

http://i.imgur.com/RzxOY38.jpg
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmorpg